The Path Unending (A Cultivation Quest)

The arrogance. The disdain. The eyebrows.

"You," Jin Yazhu hisses, jabbing one finger at me.

Jin Yazhu, Kong Zhi's first rival and opponent, stands before him. How does he greet his old foe now that he knows who he is?
[] "Jin." (Polite)
[] "Jin." (Dismissive)
[] "JIN." (Angry)
[] "Jin!" (Write-In)

[:V] "Eyebrows..." (Full of scorn to hide the fact you forgot his given name)

[:V] "Me!"

[X] "Jin." (Polite)

Reacting to anger with politeness is always funny. Also not a fan of the Wistful write-in, Jin Yazhu was a malicious fool and nobody wants him back.

[X] Jin! (Write In)
-[X] (Wistful, at the loss of the only rival worth a damn in our generation)

I really don't like this. Jin Yahzu wasn't a rival, he was an asshole who put together a posse to beat the shit out of Zhi early on. It also does a disservice to the actually competent charmcrafters we know at the Heart.

I'm willing to go for polite, but I strongly object to ascribing positive emotions towards this... Jin.

Jokes aside, it does feel right for KZ to feel a bit regretful at losing a rival who could drive him to care about his craft even more than he already does. And as mentioned, some of Zhi's unique pieces were (at least partially) made because of, or in relation to, his rival.

There was nothing positive about the rivalry. He tried to have Geng Tu's mooks ambush us and tried sabotaging our material refinement out of spite from the get go. This guy sucks and Zhi shouldn't miss him in the slightest.

[X] "Jin." (Polite)

Last edited:
Finally, actual best girl makes her debut (to KZ) appearance.

[ ] "Jin." (Flirtatious towards Jin Nuan.)

In the side story Nuan was being set up as a KZ hater and an incoming problem/potential Geng Tu ally in the forthcoming mega-big new Circle.

She's dangerous because she is 1) Is in the same position as KZ, she's the Jin clans heir and has substantially more resources than Yazhu and 2) Actively gunning for KZ

While it's using player meta-knowledge, it makes sense to at least attempt to mitigate an oncoming problem. Given that she was literally just mortified that she accidentally misspoke about a disability (one eye), and has spent a nice afternoon chatting about clan secret aligned forging techniques when KZ's interest & passion were apparent, showing that she's actually a decent person.

I'm more than happy to try and turn enmity to friendship. And to do that, you gotta be:
[X] "Jin." (Polite)
to your future cousin-in-law.

Back