The Path Unending (A Cultivation Quest)

Still... I dunno. I think it's more in-character for Zhi to be kinda dismissive of the entire family (after having forgotten Nuan is there) rather than somehow be wistful about how almost got bullied out of nowhere.
Zhi was just nerding out over the working of ironsand. I'm not sure if a family grudge is enough to stop him nerding. Nothing seems to be.

[X] "Jin." (Polite)

Actually super split on what to pick here. I don't think wistful is quite it, but we've definitely grown a lot, so maybe we recognise that?

My dudes. He wasn't the only rival worth a damn. There was a whole host of charm crafters *in a competition we judged* whose works we liked more.

[X] "Jin." (Polite)

Edit: Swapped my vote to consolidate.

Last edited:
Yeah, okay, I'll change my vote to "Polite". I guess some of my reluctance is that earlier there wasn't much momentum for it to beat Wistful.

[X] "Jin." (Polite)

[X] "Jin." (Polite)

Wait, did he get kicked out before our whole Talon Creature/Fractal View arc? So he has no context for why we're now cosplaying as the Grim Reaper? That's hilarious!

[X] "Jin." (Polite)

I do prefer polite slightly, I think. If Dismissive or something else insulting pulls ahead, I'll switch again as needed to prevent that.

The day we crushed Jin was the most devastating day of his life. But for us, it was Tuesday. No point in putting anything more into it; we won, he lost, we moved on. Whatever bad blood remains is family wide (Jin vs Kong), but on a personal level, we're really past all this. And as has been noted, we just got multiple craft up bonuses from a Jin. If he wants to make a big deal out of it, it's in his court now.

[x] "Jin." (Polite)

[X] "Jin." (Polite)

Switching to consolidate behind the new second-place. I don't think wistful is quite the right emotion here, as I think Zhi would have enough respect for some of the lower-level charmcrafters we judged to consider them potential rivals.

Back