What should your focus for the rest of the Quest be?

• Total voters
Voting will open in 3 hours, 59 minutes
Honestly, I forgot about that. I did figure a whole planet likely has a couple different cultures, though I'm happy to change it.

Katorci is a Kil'drabi though. I also may have forgotten their naming conventions.

You were the one who said horny. I just decided that would be fun to run with.
From what we know, Kil'drabi names tend to be descriptive.

Like, our most recent examples are They Who Preach of Dawn and Speaker-Of-Engines-And-Spirits

[X] Plan: Peace of 621

You can disregard the post that used to be here because I was complaining based on the wrong plan, this one is fine.

Last edited:
Out of curiosity, and before I go to bed, why did you give the two Yeeni those names? I've given all shown Yeeni pretty much Hippy-aligned/inspired names, so this is a bit of a 'huh' moment for me.

...well, you took the horny part more literal than I intended. :V
From what we know, Kil'drabi names tend to be descriptive.

Like, our most recent examples are They Who Preach of Dawn and Speaker-Of-Engines-And-Spirits

I did decide to edit the names. Better to stay in canon. Katorci is now Wind-Whiperer and Zakkroc al Gug is now Zakkroc of the Stream. Small changes.

Also, might as well vote.

...I'm admittedly rather skeptical of forcible population transfers as the answer, but, other than that the plan seems decent enough.

And it is, admittedly, a very 1919 thing to do! :V

I understand that next turn we are pushing a colony rush. Which planets are we looking at?
Here's a list of the worlds that we can colonize without losing infrastructure:

Habitable Worlds: Ultima Sigritta - Sira (Mesa and Savannah), Silista - Silista X (Temperate Continent), Itani - Grubbub (Lichen and Fog), Gnatiila - Smug (Outback and Canyons), Turriamnish's Hope - Hope (Steppes and Moss), Monresast - Monresast Major (Arboreal and Savanna)

If we do 2 actions in colonize we can get 6 colonies. Which means we can colonize them all in one go.

My preference would be 2 colonize actions plus tackling another Heresy. It would be really a bad idea to ignore Heresies for another damn turn.

My preference tbh would be 1 Colonize Action (probably Hope and the two in our original Sector), 1 Heresy Action, and 1 Research Action.

Then the turn after that 1 Colonize Action, 1 Heresy Action, 1 Voxx Primus Action, and 1 non-action switching back to the other ISC.

Last edited:
Remember folks, Any Inf below 5 regenerates back to 5 without any actions on our part.

Sleeping Titan, your time has come to shine!

Losing a point of Void Infra is irritating for the Chaos Waste, but that's a fair price to get a shot at Auramite. And presumably the fact we are paying a fortune on it means that it's because we're pulling out All The Stops to mitigate the risks, right @HeroCooky ?

I do want to paint the last two indy systems in Archwan yellow though, and then grab that world in Yivv with the Auramite due to its exceptional strategic value. We might want to leave the Colony Rush ticker on just so we can lock down the rest of our open worlds though while we work on our Research backlog.

Last edited:
Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by HeroCooky on Jun 4, 2024 at 1:15 PM, finished with 24 posts and 18 votes.

• [X] Plan: Peace of 621
    -[X] The Glimmering Federation is keeping Lethysan, Terrore, and Yivv.
    -[X] The independence of Zetraneum will be guaranteed and they can decide in the future what to do once they are capable of interacting in a meaningful way with other systems. Though in effect they will be a protectorate of the Federation until they can determine their own path.
    -[X] Weznicritt will become a system under joint ownership between all three nations. This system will become the center of trade and diplomacy between all three states. And naturally that is where the embassies by each state can be set up at.
    -[X] The Shipwright's Alliance will be given ownership over Kalikrax.
    -[X] The Glimmering Federation will not contest Mashan authority over the northern section of 621, so long as they're willing to concede Weznicritt as neutral ground (joint ownership).
    -[X] If the human populations on the Mashan-held systems are proving difficult to handle humanely for the Mashan then the Glimmering Federation can offer to evacuate the remaining population.
    -[X] Generalized rights of civilian passage of ships guaranteed between all three powers in 621.

627.M42 - Alliance And Authority
>All words or phrases within [] are translated to Low Gothic's nearest recognizable word or phrase.

The Conference of 621 is a very telling, some say enlightening, experience for the Glimmering Federation Diplomatic Corps.

Its demands, requests, hopes, and desires reflect not merely itself but also its history to a degree that the Mashan Temple Authority and Shipwright's Alliance mirror in turn.

The Glimmering Federation came to the table with the demand that Lethysan, Terrore, Yivv, and Zetraneum be effectively turned over to their control, that Weznicritt be turned into a mutually owned system to facilitate diplomatic contact in exchange for the Federation recognizing the Mashan Temple Authority's 'claims' over the anti-Terraward portion of 621, and that Kalikrax be given to the Shipwright's Alliance. The Federation furthermore tried to angle for a general free-movement treaty for civilian ships between the three powers and offered to take the human populations from the Mashan Temple Authority's lands, should they so wish.

In short, the Glimmering Federation arrived at the Conference believing themselves to be not merely a Major Power at the table talking with an equal and a lesser but also a Major War Contributor able to dictate the future through their contributions.

The Mashan Temple Authority and Shipwright's Alliance did not see it that way. At all.

For the latter, the Federation was a welcome but very late newcomer to their desperate generational war that had intensified in the latter stages, with the Federation only coming in at the end to deliver a lethal backstab after the Alliance and Authority had already born the brunt of the might of the United Cults. For the Alliance, the Lamenters were those who had risked, lost, and worked far more and harder than the Federation to see them safe, and their delegation was very aware that, though allies, the Lamenters weren't subjects to the Federation.

In the eyes of the Mashan, raiding enemy logistics was a strategically and tactically sound decision, but not one worthy of much [recognition], with the systems conquered by the Federation being either those with minimal ground combat and thus little risk or part of an already collapsing and rife with internal strife enemy. [Stories worth of little paper.] The Federation was a welcome Third Front, but not one that would be of no grander standing than the Alliance.

Though the Alliance and Authority had no problem leaving Lethysan and Terrore in the hands of the Federation, their plans for Yivv, Zetraneum, Weznicritt, Kalikrax, and Murrs were different.

Claiming ancestral ownership and guardianship, alongside historical losses and loss of life incurred in the Long Retreat from these systems, the Shipwright's Alliance put forth demands for Weznicritt, Kalikrax, and Yivv to be returned to them, with adequate compensations to be given to both the Authority and Federation in turn, with a request to return Zetraneum and Murrs under the Alliance, as the first system had been part of a failed colonization attempt a millennia ago that they intended to correct and uplift before Chaos made itself known in the Sub-Sector, and the latter was home to sub-terranean data-banks that they dearly wished recovered as they contained ancient historical records of great religious importance.

For the Mashan Temple Authority, the mere insinuation that they were incapable of, or deliberately treating their human populations as anything but [fellow sophonts in the worldspace], even if requiring very different sets of conditions and treatments for body, spirit, [layer of the body where nerves communicate], and mind than they, required more than a moderate amount of discussion to, somewhat, smooth over. Their delegation subsequently shot down the idea of opening borders for civilian trade and ships between the Alliance, Federation, and Authority.

For territory, the Authority did not gainsay returning Weznicritt and Kalikrax, yet was hesitant to return Murrs or support pressuring the Federation to return Yivv and Zetraneum to the Alliance. Their hesitancy to return Murr stemmed from the discovery of several species of animals and plants that they could use for [Holy Scriptures] and [Holy Sigils] to write down [Living History and Forgotten Days]. They offered to repay the Alliance with a set percentage of all minerals mined upon the planet for a century, no less than 100.000 tons of refined metals per year, and full access to a ship to recover their [Living History Holied By Their Dedication And Remembrance]. As for pressuring the Federation to return Yivv and Zetraneum, while it would not matter much to them, there was a layer of, very much, unspoken strategic understanding for them that if the Alliance held the systems, two deep strikes could be initiated by each party, while if held by the Federation, only a single system needed to be conquered to cut off their presence within the Sub-Sector.

The discussions continue for all sides, even if the fates of Weznicritt and Kalikrax seem all but certain for two sides.

Diplomacy Continues:
(6-Hour Moratorium)
[] (Write-In)
(What do you attempt to offer to either side to sway them to your proposals? What do you threaten, if at all, if certain things are not done? Do you support one of the others' Proposals?)

Shipwright's Alliance Proposals:
-They demand that Weznicritt, Kalikrax, and Yivv be returned.
-They request that Zetraneum and Murrs be returned.
-They will offer 'Adequate Compensation' for the liberation of these systems.
-They are open to a Civilian Trade Agreement.
-They are open to establishing an Embassy within the Federation.

Mashan Temple Authority Proposals:
-Weznicritt and Kalikrax are returned to the Shipwright's Alliance.
-They wish to retain Murrs, but are willing to allow a recover mission for the Holy Data-Banks and offer a minimum of Refined Metals or a set percentage of all mined metals upon Murrs, whichever is higher, in return for a century.
-They are opposed to a Civilian Trade Agreement.
-They are open to establishing an Embassy within the Federation.

Last edited:
Oof.

"Lol, lmao, no, you showed up too late, so hand over half your gains"

Ugh, I hate how apparently despite everything we've done, we're still a pimple on the ass of even other late starters.

Oh I mean I can understand the shipwrights and mandates opinion that we're latecomers given we are. But I would argue that we're still a major regional player and they can't dictate every demand here.

I personally really want access to that Aurmite.

These motherfuckers. I mean, I'm willing to compromise, but discounting the extent to which the entire Lamenter thing was founded on our efforts is... frustrating.

Oof.

"Lol, lmao, no, you showed up too late, so hand over half your gains"

Ugh, I hate how apparently despite everything we've done, we're still a pimple on the ass of even other late starters.

It's that they view us that way, we could if we were assholes beat both of them up, especially the Shipwright's Alliance. They just... don't see it that way.

At least Embassy wise they are willing to do that so at the very least starting off with an embassy. Really the Shipwright's are the main issue. Mashan's "demands" are in line with ours. However

For the Mashan Temple Authority, the mere insinuation that they were incapable of, or deliberately treating their human populations as anything but [fellow sophonts in the worldspace], even if requiring very different sets of conditions and treatments for body, spirit, [layer of the body where nerves communicate], and mind than they, required more than a moderate amount of discussion to, somewhat, smooth over. Their delegation subsequently shot down the idea of opening borders for civilian trade and ships between the Alliance, Federation, and Authority.

Motherfuckers you live in 40k. Half the time people are doing religiously oppressive shit and that's usually the "Good guys" in comparison to the everything else. This should not be the thing that pisses them off because polities that treat other species with dignity in 40k can be counted as a big ol goose egg. A fat 0.

I mean, the narrative here wasn't from their perspective, it was more "Lol you think you were relevant here, how cute"

The whole "Raiding is just good tactics so it doesn't count as contribution" shit though, Ugh

Voting will open in 3 hours, 59 minutes
Back