Ship of Fools: A Taylor Varga Omake (Complete)

So Joker-Baal has stowed away on a Yautja ship in the hopes of going somewhere that is less dangerous, given that the Yautja are fairly nomadic, this is unlikely to work quite as well as they are hoping it will: Apart from the ceremonial recording of their hunts at Yautja Prime and dropping in on client species (like ancient Humans) for the Rite of Passage Hunt, the Yautja pretty much live entirely on their ships.

I doubt either would have the necessary...I don't want to say 'gravitas', but authority, maybe?...to keep Reed and Victor focused away from sniping at each other.
(And let's face it, if asked, Wade would say he 'stood way back when the gravitas was handed out'.)
I think the biggest problem is there is no one that Doctor Doom really respects enough to mediate between them. Or would have to have enough overwhelming cosmic power to force them to listen to each other.

So Joker-Baal has stowed away on a Yautja ship in the hopes of going somewhere that is less dangerous, given that the Yautja are fairly nomadic, this is unlikely to work quite as well as they are hoping it will: Apart from the ceremonial recording of their hunts at Yautja Prime and dropping in on client species (like ancient Humans) for the Rite of Passage Hunt, the Yautja pretty much live entirely on their ships.
Joker-Ba'al was an omake in the first place. This guy was way too coherent, but we demonstrably experienced in space travel and showed real skill in avoiding the Yautja. I expect it is a Goa'uld, but I won't assume we have Ba'al here until more proof surfaces.

I think the biggest problem is there is no one that Doctor Doom really respects enough to mediate between them. Or would have to have enough overwhelming cosmic power to force them to listen to each other.
I'm not even sure overwhelming cosmic power would do the trick; it might be enough to get Doom to put up a facade, but he'd still be plotting away in the background. Doom bows to nothing and no-one, and every time you think you've got him cornered it turns out to be a Doombot.

I strongly suspect Doom employs some kind of uncertainty principle exploit to make all Doombots be Doom unless and until they are defeated, at which point the waveform collapses and it retroactively becomes a Doombot all along.

After finishing up her call with Dragon, Saurial called another number. "Peter, can you and MJ come over tomorrow? I've got something I want to run by you two, along with Metis and Dragon..."

But Parker Industries was a thing on par with Stark Industries... until Marvel decided that Being Peter was Suffering and shafted him yet again.

I'm not even sure overwhelming cosmic power would do the trick; it might be enough to get Doom to put up a facade, but he'd still be plotting away in the background. Doom bows to nothing and no-one, and every time you think you've got him cornered it turns out to be a Doombot.

I strongly suspect Doom employs some kind of uncertainty principle exploit to make all Doombots be Doom unless and until they are defeated, at which point the waveform collapses and it retroactively becomes a Doombot all along.

No, they're just programed to believe they are the real Doctor Doom unless in the presence of other Doombots or the real Doctor Doom.

For people who may be able to rein in Doctor Doom, weren't several of his earlier plots attempts to defeat Mephisto for his mother's soul?

Would Doom listen to his mother or her rescuers?

Additionally, doesn't Doom hold some affection for Susan Storm-Richards (I know this is sometimes used as a reason for the Reeds - Doom rivalry).

For other characters that could make Doom sit up and take notice it would have to be someone of sufficient power, Thanos, Xavier, Stark, adult Franklin Richards, Death and Eternity could be reasonably be powerful enough for such a feat as local powers.

Actually why not recruit from outside, surely there has to be some benevolent genius that could out compete Doom, maybe one of the alternate 'good versions' of Doom himself since he only seems to respect himself.

That sirs, is a bad idea
I know, I was just trying to think of characters powerful enough to force Doom to play along, who are actually prone to talking, regardless of morality. I was also tempted to list Galactus, but given his history against the F4 I don't think Doom would react well.

For intellectual contemporaries with some moral qualms Hank Pym may be the best available, Stark, Reeds and Banner all have too much history with Doom.

I know, I was just trying to think of characters powerful enough to force Doom to play along, who are actually prone to talking, regardless of morality. I was also tempted to list Galactus, but given his history against the F4 I don't think Doom would react well.

For intellectual contemporaries with some moral qualms Hank Pym may be the best available, Stark, Reeds and Banner all have too much history with Doom.

If The Varga set up the "All You Can Eat Planetary Buffet Bar" maybe Galactus could be persuaded to take an interest in the Richards-Doom issue...

Last edited:
For other characters that could make Doom sit up and take notice it would have to be someone of sufficient power, Thanos, Xavier, Stark, adult Franklin Richards, Death and Eternity could be reasonably be powerful enough for such a feat as local powers.

You forget Doom's tendency to steal cosmic powers from those who possess them. Beyonder, Thanos, and so forth have all had their power stolen in one form or another by Doctor Doom.

Additionally, doesn't Doom hold some affection for Susan Storm-Richards (I know this is sometimes used as a reason for the Reeds - Doom rivalry).
Im pretty sure that is just another manifestation of his rivalry with Richards. He usually only does that as a way to assert dominance over Richards going off of the dact that once he gets Susan, he doesnt really do anything with her and loses interest in her rapidly.
Actually why not recruit from outside, surely there has to be some benevolent genius that could out compete Doom, maybe one of the alternate 'good versions' of Doom himself since he only seems to respect himself.
He might listen to Data or Spock. As I recall, he is an avid fan of Star Trek.

...now that I think about it, didn't Doctor Doom immediately fall in love with Reed's and Susan's daughter, to the point of doting on her and putting everything on hold for her's sake?

...now that I think about it, didn't Doctor Doom immediately fall in love with Reed's and Susan's daughter, to the point of doting on her and putting everything on hold for her's sake?

Not quite, Doom originally got involved because Sue was having power-interaction difficulties with the pregnancy and Reed couldn't help. Doom strolls in, casually deals with it, and simply asks that they name his godchild Valeria.

This is intended to a) really piss Reed off, because Victor saved Sue and Valeria where he and his friends couldn't .
b) Set up a subtle long term mind-control effect on Valeria for whatever reasons, because Doom always has contingencies.

Then again, considering just how much retconning the Marvel Comics universe has done lately... (she's 15 in the comics now?)

Not quite, Doom originally got involved because Sue was having power-interaction difficulties with the pregnancy and Reed couldn't help. Doom strolls in, casually deals with it, and simply asks that they name his godchild Valeria.

This is intended to a) really piss Reed off, because Victor saved Sue and Valeria where he and his friends couldn't .
b) Set up a subtle long term mind-control effect on Valeria for whatever reasons, because Doom always has contingencies.

Then again, considering just how much retconning the Marvel Comics universe has done lately... (she's 15 in the comics now?)

As I recall, wasn't a later storyline done where Doom made Valeria into his Familiar, thus effectively holding her hostage?

Who the f@#k knows. Originally Valeria was a future child of Doom and Susan sent back in time for...reasons. She's an example of one of those interesting characters who gets screwed over because a new creative team would love to ignore everything a previous team did, but can't because said character is popular with the fans.

Back