Mammoth Apostate vs the World 1: "Lost in the Mist"

Please review the ideas proposed by Badkatt, it's the closest to a plan proposal that we have yet.

Okay again just spitballing ideas; roughest of drafts, input REQUIRED strongly requested - DO NOT VOTE FOR THIS (yet)
  • Northern Border Troops
Troops should hunker down in foxholes, and cut trenches between foxholes for non-exposed movement to be used only to reinforce or allow strategic retreats, moving en mass (complete units only). First sign of non-Mist life aggression (deep ones or dagonite/cultist) blow 1st bridge, retreat, blow 2nd bridge, retreat and reinforce Northern most Guard stationed along Highways.
  • Oil Rig Defense Force (Chopper & PT ship are of limited value due to visibility)
Chopper pilot stand ready to take off, hover overhead (micro prop wash tsunami) in visual range and provide fire support as needed. Allow sentry guns to point out potential targets, Avenger cupola manned ready to use .50 or stingers as appropriate. PT boat to use porcupine if underwater threat discovered. Artillery to use illumination rounds.

• Savannah
Savannah utilize all sensors at our command (Loccent, Jaegers, & Outriders), Utilize Helicopter Tsunami formation to attempt to dissipate Mist (gunships on outer edge), rolling artillery barrage keeping illumination flares airborne around the entirety of DP. Infantry move in 1/2 unit sized patrols (ie. 5 man squads)along the defensive berm while remainder man the DP infantry bunkhouses mid-way between emplaced artillery. Mechanized military stand ready at central rally point to reinforce as needed. Adjust tactics as we get better sensor intel.

------------------------------------Macon is reliant on troops being in the field to have unbroken Comms to Savannah--------------------------------------------------------
Do you keep soldiers in the field to maintain comms or withdraw them to the Macon DP when Mist warning comes in?
  • Macon - (devoid of city sensor stats & outside Savannah's sensor range they have only the Grounded AC-130U's sensor as eyes on the world)
Macon soldiers retreat inside DP and man berm as per Savannah orders (with 1 caveat; move as whole unit, Macon was designed for 10 AKP's we have 20 on hand so wandering patrols will be full strength, and manned bunkhouses are also fully manned) . AC-130 shall utilize their on board artillery to launch illumination rounds and man their sensors. We cannot afford to expose troops just for sake of comms continuity, similarly we need all guns protecting our new civilians.

I -think- this is a reasonable plan, & has most bases covered. But please shine a light on the glaring inadequacies.

Edit: I would really feel a LOT better if we had implemented @dgr11897 s suggested city augment deploying automated sentry guns and missile batteries around the DP. Need to beef up defense city stat for more aug slots 1st.

I'm needing to consolidate Councillor's 'Pet Projects' to one handy location, that way projects can be given the attention they merit. Please correct me if I am wrong.

@KnightDisciple powered armor holy warriors

@BadKatt85 a comms Augment gathering the talent to handle PR disasters and do damage control and spin bullcrap into PR gold.

@Nixeu Naval shipyard and drydocks to build us a 'real' navy.

@cokerpilot our local railway Baron charged with armored train project and getting our railways within our sphere of influence back up and running.

@Fyrstorm our Quick-connect Jaeger armor system, to allow mission specific armors and provide 'Whitecap Triton' a false identity so he can hang out in the bar with other Jaegers and no one will call his mom about drinking on a school night.:V:V:V

@dgr11897 allow him a skunkworks lab to perform independent research, the crap we don't want done in our own yard. (Former Parris Island Black Site should excel as a location).

@HolyDragoon Currently abstaining.

@Cmd. Frost the design and construction of Super Heavy Aircraft.

Edit: Adding in Highwind's pet project

@Highwind has demonstrated a desire to oversee Bureau of Paranormal Research and Defense (magic research)

Last edited:
Okay again just spitballing ideas; roughest of drafts, input REQUIRED strongly requested - DO NOT VOTE FOR THIS (yet)
  • Northern Border Troops
Troops should hunker down in foxholes, and cut trenches between foxholes for non-exposed movement to be used only to reinforce or allow strategic retreats, moving en mass (complete units only). First sign of non-Mist life aggression (deep ones or dagonite/cultist) blow 1st bridge, retreat, blow 2nd bridge, retreat and reinforce Northern most Guard stationed along Highways.
  • Oil Rig Defense Force (Chopper & PT ship are of limited value due to visibility)
Chopper pilot stand ready to take off, hover overhead (micro prop wash tsunami) in visual range and provide fire support as needed. Allow sentry guns to point out potential targets, Avenger cupola manned ready to use .50 or stingers as appropriate. PT boat to use porcupine if underwater threat discovered. Artillery to use illumination rounds.

• Savannah
Savannah utilize all sensors at our command (Loccent, Jaegers, & Outriders), Utilize Helicopter Tsunami formation to attempt to dissipate Mist (gunships on outer edge), rolling artillery barrage keeping illumination flares airborne around the entirety of DP. Infantry move in 1/2 unit sized patrols (ie. 5 man squads)along the defensive berm while remainder man the DP infantry bunkhouses mid-way between emplaced artillery. Mechanized military stand ready at central rally point to reinforce as needed. Adjust tactics as we get better sensor intel.

------------------------------------Macon is reliant on troops being in the field to have unbroken Comms to Savannah--------------------------------------------------------
Do you keep soldiers in the field to maintain comms or withdraw them to the Macon DP when Mist warning comes in?
  • Macon - (devoid of city sensor stats & outside Savannah's sensor range they have only the Grounded AC-130U's sensor as eyes on the world)
Macon soldiers retreat inside DP and man berm as per Savannah orders (with 1 caveat; move as whole unit, Macon was designed for 10 AKP's we have 20 on hand so wandering patrols will be full strength, and manned bunkhouses are also fully manned) . AC-130 shall utilize their on board artillery to launch illumination rounds and man their sensors. We cannot afford to expose troops just for sake of comms continuity, similarly we need all guns protecting our new civilians.

I -think- this is a reasonable plan, & has most bases covered. But please shine a light on the glaring inadequacies.

Edit: I would really feel a LOT better if we had implemented @dgr11897 s suggested city augment deploying automated sentry guns and missile batteries around the DP. Need to beef up defense city stat for more aug slots 1st.
Looks good, I might suggest waiting to enact Illumination barrage and heli typhoon stuff until after the fight starts, to conserve resources.
Edit: The other thing I thought of is that we might want to keep some units standing ready to react should the enemy try and pull any funny business.

Last edited:
Looks good, I might suggest waiting to enact Illumination barrage and heli typhoon stuff until after the fight starts, to conserve resources.
Edit: The other thing I thought of is that we might want to keep some units standing ready to react should the enemy try and pull any funny business.

Although I can see your point, illumination are now considered a standard (ie. unlimited) ammo type, and Helicopters no longer have a maintenance window thanks to Doc Brown's plasma research, fuel is now the only consideration for non-jet aircraft.

Thank you @dgr11897 I appreciate your feedback.

I am a bit disappointed that I can invest the time to formulate a plan, but only you were kind enough to look it over and comment.

Nah, I drift in and out so much i couldn't follow a straight project, so I just throw some ideas here and there and see what people think of it.

Nah, I drift in and out so much i couldn't follow a straight project, so I just throw some ideas here and there and see what people think of it.

No problem, all contributions are appreciated. It was never intended as anything more than a way to allow Councillors a way to leave their mark and 'personally' impact the story. Offer is open if you ever decide you'd like one of your own. :)

Thank you @dgr11897 I appreciate your feedback.

I am a bit disappointed that I can invest the time to formulate a plan, but only you were kind enough to look it over and comment.
I'm sorry I haven't been giving more profound feedback; it seems like by the time I can dedicate some more serious attention, problems have been hashed out...
The last couple of weeks have been hectic and often left me brain-drained...

I'm sorry I haven't been giving more profound feedback; it seems like by the time I can dedicate some more serious attention, problems have been hashed out...
The last couple of weeks have been hectic and often left me brain-drained...

@KnightDisciple Not meaning to be snippy, I do not expect in depth analysis from anyone. I realize most of us are casuals and possess neither the energy or lack of commitments to produce anything like Smiths wildfire pace, and we've not nearly as much free time on our hands.

What I would appreciate is a casual peek, and try and spot any glaring omissions or brain farts on my part. Generally I produce serviceable plans, it's usually a simple mistake that causes my ass to get handed to me. Something 3-4 sets of eyes -should- spot.

A simple acknowledgement that "nope, I'm okay with that" where we ALL share the success and failures equally.

@KnightDisciple Not meaning to be snippy, I do not expect in depth analysis from anyone. I realize most of us are casuals and possess neither the energy or lack of commitments to produce anything like Smiths wildfire pace, and we've not nearly as much free time on our hands.

What I would appreciate is a casual peek, and try and spot any glaring omissions or brain farts on my part. Generally I produce serviceable plans, it's usually a simple mistake that causes my ass to get handed to me. Something 3-4 sets of eyes -should- spot.

A simple acknowledgement that "nope, I'm okay with that" where we ALL share the success and failures equally.
Entirely fair, and I'll try to be more expressive, even if just "yeah looks good".

I was reviewing the thread in it's entirety the other day. I found something that made me burst with fanboy glee.

Post # 1 Open_Sketchbook gave this quest a 'like'. This is an overwhelming honor to this small fish in my tiny pond! I'd rate it with having Stan Lee's autograph. The creator of my obsession, acknowledged my quest!!! My homage to all things that followed Cherno Alpha...

Last edited:
One more missed item. Stat block for your recently acquired C-5M SuperGalaxy from Macon.

C-5M 'Super Galaxy' Superheavy Transport [Jet engines] 650 R

Move: 12 Units / mv 8 unit or stall
Armor: None
Durability: 0
Structure: 1

May Mount up to 5 mechanized units -or- 10 infantry units. (or any combination 1:2)

Also I am -TRYING- to remain patient (failing miserably, but trying just the same) but would love to have a functional plan we can vote on SOON.

Badkatt is awaiting some eyes (& VOICES) on the proposal before she makes it an official plan.

So far only dgr11897, and Fyrstorm has offered an opinion... :cry:

Last edited:
One more missed item. Stat block for your recently acquired C-5M SuperGalaxy from Macon.

C-5M 'Super Galaxy' Superheavy Transport [Jet engines] 650 R

Move: 12 Units / mv 8 unit or stall
Armor: None
Durability: 0
Structure: 1

May Mount up to 5 mechanized units -or- 10 infantry units. (or any combination 1:2)
This seems like it will prove invaluable.

• Northern Border Troops

• Savannah

Hm, if we're giving the detail of putting trenches in, make sure to say they're staggered/angled/zigzagged/whatever the term is, so we don't get, like, blast channels?

As far as bridge blowing, how critical for our day-to-day lives are they, and how easy to replace them?

I presume the Rig is going to be focused on self-defense and observation?

Savannah and Macon portions look solid.

Hm, if we're giving the detail of putting trenches in, make sure to say they're staggered/angled/zigzagged/whatever the term is, so we don't get, like, blast channels?

As far as bridge blowing, how critical for our day-to-day lives are they, and how easy to replace them?

I presume the Rig is going to be focused on self-defense and observation?

Savannah and Macon portions look solid.

These types of question are what I -need-.

Forgot about the nasty way explosions follow a channel, will update.

Bridges? "We" don't need other than as an easy last minute, blow it and force them to reroute a VERY long way. If you have to fight a battle after a journey of several hours travel, make the enemy make the journey.;) Blow them early, they save a long trek.

Spot on for Rig assessment.

Ty @KnightDisciple

Last edited:
These types of question are what I -need-.

Forgot about the nasty way explosions follow a channel, will update.

Bridges? "We" don't need other than as an easy last minute, blow it and force them to reroute a VERY long way. If you have to fight a battle after a journey of several hours travel, make the enemy make the journey.;) Blow them early, they save a long trek.

Spot on for Rig assessment.

Ty @KnightDisciple
Fair enough on the bridges, I was primarily thinking post-battle usage.

Back