Thousand Isles (Riot God Quest)

I actually don't know if you're liking the direction of the quest so far. I'm currently leaning more into more narrative and character-driven segments and away from the descriptive segments I started the quest with. I feel like the current direction is more impactful, emotional, and dramatic as well as being more creatively freeing. What can you comment about the writing style of the quest?
Genuinely, I think the way you've been handling he past couple of turns has been great. A narrative is easier to follow and characters are easy to latch onto. Plus, seeing how ones acts affect those plots and characters is really fun.

Is this not the last turn? If not… uh, I'm not sure what else to give the Void Inchlings. Maybe a third eye that… does something? I'll have to think about it.

I was too tired to notice before, but isn't this supposed to benefit from Artisan? Or are you no longer allowing us to stack perks?
Oh. Wait. I completely forgot. I'll review.

Yep. Benefits from Artisan. The Act threadmark has been updated accordingly.

Also, your comments have been quite insightful. I'm putting them close to heart. I'll continue trying this quest to be as best as possible.

Oh, right, and re: POV change: If you can swing it, go for it. I'm looking forward to the reactions to the Power's Bane stuff.

Hmm actualy, @MangoFlan, would Violent Transporter be a Big act? I want it to be found in moment of great suffering by some really desperate, bitter, the lowest of the low being to start some trouble. :drevil:

Although, I am not sure, if it would count as Treasure or Artisan work. And I don't know if its capability of transporting things into random places above the Blue Ocean should put it into Great Act category. 🤔

Edit: Just imagine some poor dudes thinking they are gonna die, but instead appear in the middle of the endless blue ocean of water. Can they survive? Can they strive in this place?​

Last edited:
Good morning! This is to inform you that I have completed a preliminary version of the first two segments of the next update. I have posted the drafts on my Discord alongside the notes. It is very long, and I anticipate that the following segments might be even longer (why in the world did the style I experimented with made it bloat like this?!). The update may be completed much much later at this rate. So if you like to have an advanced view with my notes, you can view the draft on my Discord! Don't lose hope yet!

Hmm actualy, @MangoFlan, would Violent Transporter be a Big act? I want it to be found in moment of great suffering by some really desperate, bitter, the lowest of the low being to start some trouble. :drevil:

Although, I am not sure, if it would count as Treasure or Artisan work. And I don't know if its capability of transporting things into random places above the Blue Ocean should put it into Great Act category. 🤔

Edit: Just imagine some poor dudes thinking they are gonna die, but instead appear in the middle of the endless blue ocean of water. Can they survive? Can they strive in this place?​
Sorry, that this might be late reply. I am hesitant to give anything a Great Act grade. This doesn't seem as world-altering as the grade would imply. However, considering how powerful it is, I will concede with it as Big Act. Also, it does count for Treasure and Artisan.

Also, a lot is going to die anyway after they get zapped. Not only would they drown, but even if they managed to escape the water, the atmosphere would crush them.

Oh yeah. I kinda forgot. That mostly applies to organics.
Well, it is Violent Transporter, after all! Poor organics. :p

Although, if we think about how dangerous the world they live in is, they are probably pretty tough bunch. Although it also depends, if transporter shifts all space it marked, or only physical objects/energy/entities it caught in its field. Because if its all space - air from other side would be switched with vacuum (and people) on the other, which should make sudden compression by atmospheric pressure less? However, it would also create a shockwave after the marked things disappeared. It doesn't happen, so it probably does not bring part of air from the Sea World.​

I'm not sure if this will make the compression injury worse.

Edit: On the other hand, I did mentioned it switching volumes of space in my description... Well, I guess I leave intricacies for author interpretation.

Last edited:
Ah, I was going to make an Ark for the Inch-Lings and Inch-Drakes for the 5th Turn for this section, right?

Need to include some stuff for letting them survive in "alien" environments.

why in the world did the style I experimented with made it bloat like this?!
Well, maybe next time you should try some hybrid approach, because it sounds like too much work. Like, let some things being seen through the eyes of characters, other through groups, some small stuff - put somewhere near more prominent changes.​

Next Era is going back to the Blue Sea….

You know what? I'm going to make an island that's actually a giant corpse.

That's in a constant state of decay and regeneration.

Next Era is going back to the Blue Sea….

You know what? I'm going to make an island that's actually a giant corpse.

That's in a constant state of decay and regeneration.
Then I will probably be making Demon Inchlings. I'll have to figure out how to differentiate them from Winged Inchlings, but... it should be fine. Speaking of, we now have Inchlings, Giant Inchlings, Winter Inchlings (my poor forgotten children), Winged Inchlings, and Void Inchlings (which are taller than giant inchlings). The first three unfortunately suffer from earlier eras being weaker and, more importantly, not having acts that specially empower them like with the Winged and Void Inchlings who are kind of stacked.

You know what, let's do a bit of a round up.
[I'm not sure why I did this, it took quite a while.]

Inchlings
Tribal, elf-like peoples that are 1 inch in height, blessed with great fertility. Their preferred diet is fruit and insects, and they build their homes on the branches of the forest canopy, which they navigate with ease. In the First Era, they gained knowledge of primitive tools, such as rope, stone knives and axes, shovels, bows and arrows, etc.

Giant Inchlings
Behemoths of strength and speed, these Inchlings stand a full 2 inches in height on average, they tower over their brethren on the first island. They are also considerably stronger and tougher than their size would imply. They populated the White Isle, living in the Stone House and House Trees. In the Second Era, they shepherded Inch Sheep and sail rather than war like they used to.

Winter Inchlings
Inchlings with stout bodies that are ½ the height of normal Inchlings. Despite their shorter height, these Inchlings are considerably more durable and their bodies are naturally resistant to the elements. They are naturally good climbers. In the Third Era, they populated the cold sea, the Iceberg Isle, the Golden Isle, and the Pretty Palaces.

Winged Inchlings
Inchlings with insectile wings that they can use to fly. They're ⅓ of an inch shorter than normal Inchlings and have wings that are an average of two to three inches in wingspan and can vary in shape from family to family. The inchlings can manipulate the environment with their mind. Their range and power depend on their own natural talents and training, with the greatest of them being able to affect human-sized areas with ease. On average, however, it would require a dozen or so inchlings to achieve that same effect. Rare inchlings are born with a Type, unique magical abilities or innate traits that expend type energy. Running out of Type energy can be fatal to certain Typed inchlings. They can produce golden dust that allows them to temporarily share their abilities like flight, sight, or their Type based on amount and size that can't be stolen and must be willing given.

The One That Will Be was born who, upon death, reincarnates with their memories fully intact and the power to slightly influence their next life. The more they accomplish in their previous life, the more they can change about their next. The One Who Will Be maintains this blessing until the day they willingly pass on the mantle to someone else.

In the Fourth Era, they populated Marrow Town and rode Verbose Parrots.

Void Inchlings
Inchlings that are taller than even giant inchlings standing a full 3 inches in height on average, though with considerably thinner frames than even normal inchlings and have more delicate features. They are born with either black eyes and white hair or white eyes and black hair. Very rarely, they will be born with both. They are natural-born tinkerers and inventors. Void Inchlings with black eyes can see through falsehoods like traps and illusions while those with white eyes can see hidden truths like secret messages and intentions. How effective these abilities are varies between Inchlings and requires training for their full potential.

When a void Inchling reaches of skill, and they learn to see the world the way an Inchling of the opposite color does, they will begin to see the underlying truths that make up the world. This allows them to do a lot of different things technically, but in practice we can divide them into three schools: Tricksters, Seers, and Wonders.

Tricksters do tricks that can easily be mistaken for magic, although they require considerably more set up or strain than just a flexing of will like a Winged Inchling can.

Seers can predict and manipulate events in the world around them to an extreme degree of accuracy.

Wonders can make technological wonders far beyond their current era, though they rarely last and are practically impossible to reproduce by non-wonders.

This stage is obviously much easier for heterochromatics to step into, but their naturally lower skill with Yin and Yang eyes still means it's not a walk in the park for them either.

They are deeply bonded to the Inch-drakes.

Back