Thousand Isles (Riot God Quest)

[X]Worm Plants
Small plants that grow around the volcanically active seafloor they have a hard outer shell and a soft fleshy tongue that lashes out and gathers nutrition and chemicals that it needs to grow and feed itself. Turning the heat of the water around it into the power that operates it.

Supporting
[X] Create the Weird Folk
[X] Fill the caves and tunnels with gems and crystals of all varieties.
[X] Create Aberration Fog

Last edited:
Authored Act:

A race of sentient flying fishes with spider legs is created in the ocean, they are amphibious and can live everywhere but are not well adapted to any specific environement.

Supported Acts:
[X] The Lightwound Trench
[X] Hatch a powerful Sea Dragon from The Egg
[X] SQUAK

Last edited:
Authored

[X] Create The Shark Monument.

A magical monument in the form of the First Shark, like the Spider Statue, it whispers gently and kindly into the minds of all sharks, offering words of comfort even in the dark depths. It is made of non-rusting and extremely durable metal alloy. The Shark Monument will create sharks ex nihilio in the event that a population cannot be sustained (like there being only a single Shark in existence). The Monument is placed in a safe area.

Support.
[X]Worm Plants

Last edited:
Eyyy, update

Authored

Support (pending)
[X]Worm Plants
@Planetary Tennis

@ShieldCrown

Last edited:
Authored
-From The Egg emerges a young Sea Dragon, somehow not destroying it, though absorbing a fair amount if energy. A fierce predator even when young due to the nourishment of The Egg, like all true Dragons it holds the power to only ever grow stronger with age, never weaker. It has some greed for gems, for hard gems make the best bedding, and it takes an ever-growing number to rest its gradually growing bulk. The Dragon is cunning and intelligent, and can communicate telepathically. Its body is sinuous and sleek, armored in scales, and armed with cutting teeth, legs with sharp claws, crushing coils, boiling breath, and a powerful tail.

Support
[X]Worm Plants

Last edited:
[X] Create cluster archaea
Archaea live around black smokers, getting nutrients via chemosynthesis. However, these simple creatures have special ability to form clusters. Clusters can in their turn form multicellular structures like tissues and organs, both temporarily and permanently. The more complex are structures, the harder and more resource consuming it is for clusters to maintain them.

[X]Worm Plants

[X] SQUAK

Last edited:
Authored Act
In the ocean, a jagged trench that stretches down into darkness like a wound is carved. At the bottom is a pool of black ooze that corrupts anything it touches into an exaggerated caricature of itself. The corruption can be resisted through force of will but it's difficult as even a drop could instantly corrupt a normal fish.

Supported Acts
[X] SQUAK
[X] The Crown of Bone

Last edited:
Authored Act
[
X] The Crown of Bone
Create a crown made of bone that appears on the head of the strongest champion of the arena, this crown leaves if it detects a stronger champion of the arena to be placed on the new champion. The crown projects an aura of authority to creatures of the same species as the champion.

Supported Acts
[X] EGG! DRAIN! MORE!

Last edited:
Authored:
[X] SQUAK
From the sea foam and the salty blood of fish a hungry tide of flying vermin came. Grey and white feathers yet they would have yellow beaks and reddish feet. A avian much like the Duck of the old island but better for not only can it swim and walk but also fly! They shall be called Seagulls.

Support:
Traded: Tarumath

Traded: Andre Chaos

Last edited:
Authored

Every night a thick gray fog descends on and far around the island. Sometimes one may see a dim glimpses and lights in the water beneath the fog or hear eerie sounds and melodies of rare winds. In these uncanny haze and glimpses aberrations may appear. Animals and plants of twisted nature, transformed local flora and fauna or distorted reflections with touch of eldritch imagination to their forms. Flounder covered with pigskin and with human teeth, crab with a transparent shell and luminous entrails, cod covered with eyes and small legs of insects...

They are very rare, often do not live long or do so, but do not give birth to offspring or give rise to completely ordinary creatures at first glance. Sometimes they disappear into the mist, only to reappear at a random location in the vast ocean.

Supported

[X] The Crown of Bone
By @SeaTheTree [Traded]

By @ShieldCrown

[X] SQUAK
By @gracnieumierac

By @Ralakesh

P.S. So, go into 'horrors of the deep' theme?

Last edited:
[X]Worm Plants
Small plants that grow around the volcanically active seafloor they have a hard outer shell and a soft fleshy tongue that lashes out and gathers nutrition and chemicals that it needs to grow and feed itself. Turning the heat of the water around it into the power that operates it.
Small Act.
A race of sentient flying fishes with spider legs is created in the ocean, they are amphibious and can live everywhere but are not well adapted to any specific environement.
You indicated sentient, which I'm choosing to interpret as sapient on a level similar to humans. Therefore, this should be Big Act.

A magical monument in the form of the First Shark, like the Spider Statue, it whispers gently and kindly into the minds of all sharks, offering words of comfort even in the dark depths. It is made of non-rusting and extremely durable metal alloy. The Shark Monument will create sharks ex nihilio in the event that a population cannot be sustained (like there being only a single Shark in existence). The Monument is placed in a safe area.
Small Act. Its effects aren't too complex. It's going to create sharks of the same species as the Shark. May scale with grade.
Small Act. Benefits from perk.
-The Egg hatches, not into an avian, but a young Sea Dragon. A fierce predator even when young due to the nourishment of The Egg, like all true Dragons it holds the power to only ever grow stronger with age, never weaker. It has some greed for gems, for hard gems make the best bedding, and it takes an ever-growing number to rest its gradually growing bulk. Its body is sinuous and sleek, armored in scales, and armed with cutting teeth, legs with sharp claws, crushing coils, and a powerful tail.
Small Act.
Archaea live around black smokers, getting nutrients via chemosynthesis. However, these simple creatures have special ability to form clusters. Clusters can in their turn form multicellular structures like tissues and organs, both temporarily and permanently. The more complex are structures, the harder and more resource consuming it is for clusters to maintain them.
Small Act.
In the ocean, a jagged trench that stretches down into darkness like a wound is carved. At the bottom is a pool of black ooze that corrupts anything it touches into an exaggerated caricature of itself. The corruption can be resisted through force of will but it's difficult as even a drop could instantly corrupt a normal fish.
Hmmm... Big Act. Benefits from perk.
[X] The Crown of Bone
Create a crown made of bone that appears on the head of the strongest champion of the arena, this crown leaves if it detects a stronger champion of the arena to be placed on the new champion. The crown projects an aura of authority to creatures of the same species as the champion.
Small Act. I debated to making this Basic, but it's a bit too anomalous for that.
[X] SQUAK
From the sea foam and the salty blood of fish a hungry tide of flying vermin came. Grey and white feathers yet they would have yellow beaks and reddish feet. A avian much like the Duck of the old island but better for not only can it swim and walk but also fly! They shall be called Seagulls.
Small Act.
[X] Create Abberation Fog
Every night a thick gray fog descends on and far around the island. Sometimes one may see a dim glimpses and lights in the water beneath the fog or hear eerie sounds and melodies of rare winds. In these uncanny haze and glimpses aberrations may appear. Animals and plants of twisted nature, transformed local flora and fauna or distorted reflections with touch of eldritch imagination to their forms. Flounder covered with pigskin and with human teeth, crab with a transparent shell and luminous entrails, cod covered with eyes and small legs of insects...

They are very rare, often do not live long or do so, but do not give birth to offspring or give rise to completely ordinary creatures at first glance. Sometimes they disappear into the mist, only to reappear at a random location in the vast ocean.
Big Act.

Authored
[X] The Memory of time
During the growth of the Great tree, many different species fought over its leafs, barks, and branches. All of them absorved for nutrients except the Brains. The special thing about brain is that it has unique feature that gives mind to something. And those special things prevented the Great tree from absorving brains, causing them to cluster together and form one great brain.

But this is not just a simple meaty brain. It is a brain that is intertwined with the roots, plant matter, and body of the Tree itself.
It is something that will grow in intelligence as more bodies get absorved the smarter the being before being absorved, the greater boost in intelligence it will provide.

But it is limited in what it can do. As only by the ______ grace of the ___'s could it even exist.
It has three great missions bestowed upon it. Each one more important than the other.

1) To record all knowledge that it gets and discovers, all things it has seen, the history, the people everything must be remembered, and recorded in whatever and most efficient way it can. (prioritize the important events)
2) To protect and ensure the continued survival and mission of Great Tree by anyways necessary
3) Ensure that no species go truly extinct and preserve them in the artificial environment in the Tree.(As long as it doesn't harm or seek to harm the tree)

SUPPORT
[X]Worm Plants

[X] Egg Drain More!

Last edited:
Authored
[X] Salmon Soldiers
A highly militant race of hypothetically-amphibious fish-folk, with little need or desire to surface. With the exception of a few eccentrics, most spend their entire lives under the waves; the only things that could force them out are emergencies... and their hatred of all things avian.

Supported
[X] The Crown of Bone
[X] The Memory of time

For the moment I expect the Crown to go to the Shark. If my Salmon Soldiers pass, I'm hoping to use an action to teach them to tame Sharks. And then... we can start the Fish-Duck War.

Maybe someone wants to trade? I can redistribute my votes from already passing options to yours. I would like to have scary fog for this place, but two more votes needed.

Hmmm.... Alright, I feel somewhat cunning and undercutting. Plus I see an opportunity for dragon. Mwhahahaha!

Authored
-The Egg hatches, not into an avian, but a young Sea Dragon. A fierce predator even when young due to the nourishment of The Egg, like all true Dragons it holds the power to only ever grow stronger with age, never weaker. It has some greed for gems, for hard gems make the best bedding, and it takes an ever-growing number to rest its gradually growing bulk. Its body is sinuous and sleek, armored in scales, and armed with cutting teeth, legs with sharp claws, crushing coils, and a powerful tail.
Excuse me bro? Could you not? I've got a plan for the Egg I made, and I'd rather not have it hatch literally the turn after. I mean no offense to you, but it's a rude move to mess with someone's thing, especially after they declared they'd be working on it.

Last edited:
And I'm sure you wouldn't appreciate if someone instantly closed your ravine the moment it was opened, correct?
Not really, but I wouldn't complain about it, at least.

The way I see it, if someone votes to close my ravine and it actually passes, that just means the thread wasn't as interested in a portal network as I expected. Likewise, I see this "hatch a dragon" thing as the thread deciding it's not as interested in your attempts to put ducks everywhere as it seemed.

Back