Thousand Isles (Riot God Quest)

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by MangoFlan on Mar 30, 2024 at 7:00 PM, finished with 65 posts and 11 votes.

7 Votes for Vault of Mammon, plus the boosts from Artisan and Thematic, and that should equal the needed amount for the best possible result!

Gargonites and Pirates beware, The Vault of Mammon will extract a terrible price on any who come to take its riches.

And here we have a prime example of why rampant bribery does not create a stable environment: Everyone's so busy trying to curry favor that they're completely blind to a potential threat.

I honestly sort of liked the whispered act this turn? But it's true it's a potential threat, might make an act next turn to ensure they are (relatively) inoffensive.

I dont see what is so bad about the cores, everyone is loot hungry here and would extract any core they find, also the cores seem to have different elemental effects so i want to see what the inhabitants do with it

I dont see what is so bad about the cores, everyone is loot hungry here and would extract any core they find, also the cores seem to have different elemental effects so i want to see what the inhabitants do with it
You missed the redtext (aka in-character as Whispers, aka "blatantly lying") saying that they totally aren't nuclear bombs (which, translated from lying, means that they will explode spectacularly at the slightest provocation).

Don't worry about it theirs all ways next time
I just want to ensure that we don't need a next time, before we run out of next times.

Nah, I think letting the whispering do their thing is interesting so there was no way I would be voting against it anyways.

Nah, I think letting the whispering do their thing is interesting so there was no way I would be voting against it anyways.
I suppose the only thing I can accuse you of is not reading between the lines to see the entity attempting to destroy everything we've worked on. I'll try not to take my "stop bribing each other already" bad mood out on you too much.

Era 5 - Turn 3 Acts
Scheduled vote count started by MangoFlan on Mar 30, 2024 at 7:00 PM, finished with 65 posts and 11 votes.

Great Act:
Vault of Mammon (+2 Pirate's Treasure) (+2 Artisan)
Sandians (+2 Pirate's Treasure) (+2 Cradle of Civilization)

Big Act:
[Whispered Act] Essential Cores
inch-drake dragonic meditation
The Sea and The Ship
Synthesis Craft
ErrorCrop.json (+2 Pirate's Treasure)
Shrine of Value (+2 Pirate's Treasure) (+2 Artisan)
Greed Sirens (+2 Pirate's Treasure)

Small Act:
Bigger Inch-Drakes
Starcore Pirates (+2 Artisan)

Basic Act:
Heterochromic Eyes

Derivative Improvement:
Inch-drakes ×3
Sand Seas
Lady Luck
Iron-Skull Pirates
Sunstone
Aureate and Argentine

EDIT: Completely forgot about DI on Aureate and Argentine from Essential Cores.

Last edited:
Edit: Also, am I the only one a bit concerned about thousands demon core equivalents going critical next turn? :V
Based on the wording, I was of the impression it would take at least two turns before any of the cores developed enough to be major threats. That is to say, potential dangers to the continued existence ecosystem and landscape.

Besides, they apparently possess their own personalities. Ergo it is likely they are sentient if not sapient. Actually, that might make things worse come to think of it.

I'm getting anxious about my update. It's been a month! I've been struck by school and time for my hubris! Why did I want to make short story sections.

Anyway, I think I have half the update done with over 9000 words (plus some draft material padding the length) done. I'm thinking of just posting one half of the update just so there's actually something here. What do you think? One half of the story could be expected in the upcoming days.

Also, thinking of starting a Discord and perhaps a way to get some early peeks and feedbacks of future updates. Also thinking of sharing this quest to my Facebook wall and my college's Facebook group to get some other people looking here. I had worked very hard on this, and it wouldn't be bad to start spreading it out.

Posting one half could make ending the other half harder. At least I feel so. I am already part of many Discord serves - so I am not sure, if I am going to be part of another one. Maybe? I don't see anything wrong with Facebook, but I do not actually visit this place, never was there.​

I'm getting anxious about my update. It's been a month! I've been struck by school and time for my hubris! Why did I want to make short story sections.

Anyway, I think I have half the update done with over 9000 words (plus some draft material padding the length) done. I'm thinking of just posting one half of the update just so there's actually something here. What do you think? One half of the story could be expected in the upcoming days.

Also, thinking of starting a Discord and perhaps a way to get some early peeks and feedbacks of future updates. Also thinking of sharing this quest to my Facebook wall and my college's Facebook group to get some other people looking here. I had worked very hard on this, and it wouldn't be bad to start spreading it out.
Personally, I'm totally fine with waiting for the full chapter. So just go with whatever you want.

I would join a discord though!

I can wait, you've been really great with how you write, and quality takes time.

Take the time you need.

Back