[X] Book of the ___s
Give to the tunneler Weird Folks a book describing the Acts so far

Supported Acts:
[X] Create The Crustacean Monument
[X] Create the magic spirits
[X] Island Tails
[X] The Silver Lake

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm not sure this part is valid; does the DDF even reach outside Island 1?
No idea. I assumed that anything concerning the DDF would be a Big Act, so I already have my sights aimed in the highest it can go. Plus, I've talked about connecting the DDF to multiple islands several times in the thread before and MangoFlan has yet to say anything against it, so I took it as tentative approval.

But hey, it's Christmas. Whether it's or not, today's a day of joy. Merry Christmas Plusse, and I hope you drown in presents.

Authored
[X] Portal Nexus
-A strange tower appears, on the opposite side of the island from the Arena and sharing its half-submerged placement. This tower bears a peculiar, but immensely powerful property: Any portal opened within its range will have a corresponding exit open within it, regardless of whether that portal was meant to link to it, or even if it actually has a destination at all.

Supported
(none yet)

@MangoFlan What's the range on this action again?
At minimum, this is Big Act. Scales with grade, but there's currently no available grade above Big.

At Big Act, this act has the range of the entire play area.
Authored
[X] Striped Lighthouse

Create a rocky island from many hexagonal columns of basalt and marble that rushes high into the sky. This creation extends almost hundred meters above the water and stands a couple of kilometers from the Marble Ring like a tower. A narrow path has been carved into its steep slopes leading to the very top and rare green plants adorn the new island. The stone at the very top glows slightly when it gets dark. This dim yellowish light can take on shades of purple and green as the eerie night fog descends upon the waters below.​
It's an island. Big Act. Benefits from perk.
Authored Act

[X] Create the magic spirits
-Whenever enough living beings thinks about an emotion/sensation like the heat of fire, the horror of the eldritch, the love for another,etc it can creates a magic spirit of that emotion/sensation. A magic spirit is a tiny immaterial being as such it cannot be harmed by physical attacks, when it is born it has no intelligence it merely travels to living creatures to feed on the emotion/sensation from which it was born from, this process does not negatively affect the living creatures it feeds from. As it feeds it grows in size and intelligence and is then after a few days is able to form contracts with living creatures allowing the living creature to cast magic related to the spirit in exchange for the living creature to act as its agent. The agent has to spread the emotion/sensation of the magic spirit and kill magic spirits that are an anathema to the emotion/idea the spirit was born from, such as fire hates water, love hates hate, and wonder hates horror, etc. As the power comes fro
Hmm. This is similar to Spirits. I approved Spirits in the previous island as Big Act. Therefore this Big Act.
[X] Inch Sheep
Small beetle sized creatures the inch sheep can crawl up stems and eat the leaves of plants they produce a nutritional milk and grow a thick wool coat that can be trimmed and used as a cloth for the inchlings.

[X] Striped Lighthouse
Small Act.
[X] Island Tails
From the sea came great stony, dirty and sand ridges of land that swirled and circled around before latching onto the islands of Black and White. They curled and circled them to dividing the sea into the deep and the shallow. The ridges a wall against the deep dark blue protecting the light sapphire which formed over time.

Support:
Small Act. Benefits from perk.

Also, it's kinda confusing. I can finagle something like land bridges, but "dividing the sea into deep and shallow"? That's very big disruptive description. I can interpret that as raise the sea floor around the isles, then separate the deep and shallow with a sand bar. That exposes a lot of deep sea things to the shallows or buries them in hundreds of meters of sand. I could cheat and interpret that as creating a sandy platform around the isles, making the surrounding sea shallow, but hmm.

Also, light sapphire? If taken literally, this means that this act somehow creates a process that sapphire from seawater.
Authored

Taking the form of a large crab made of metals similar to the Shark Monument, but colored like the night sky with a number of glittery gems dotted across it to resemble stars. Like the Shark Monument it can telepathically communicate with crustaceans, but this time it does so in the form of granting guidance to their goals or how to survive. Additionally, it can produce new crustaceans from crabs, to lobsters, and Shrimp in the same way that the Shark Monument does. Unlike the Shark Monument however, it has a connection to the Spider Statue, for both are connected by being representatives of Arthropods. They can communicate with each other. Finally, should the island ever come under siege, it may summon forth an Avatar made of Brilliant Starlight and Chilling Darkness, a monster crab the size of a two story building to defend the island.

Support
Hmm. No. This is impossible this Era. This is beyond Big Act.

1. It connects to an object outside of play area. Seems mild, and I can be generous with that.
2. It creates new crustaceans and telepathically connects with them. It's mild. It works exactly like the Shark Monument which was a Small Act.
3. It summons a kaiju. This kaiju is made of unconventional material. Sure, the kaiju is really vanilla, but it is lightly defined, and light definition comes with light limitations.

The act can have 2, and not all. Upon further consideration, I believe I can approve this at Big.
[X] Wormy wood
Many worm things are created and placed on the Great Tree. They munch on bark, on leaves, on wood. Some hunt other worms; some hunt fish from the sea, or any other creatures. There are giants among them bigger than sharks and dwarves no longer than a finger, though honestly it is a normal size for them. With any amount of eyes or teeth or legs, they vary drastically in appearence; however, they still are all worms.
Small Act.
[X] Create the worlds edge mountain
This mountain is but a simple mountain, a giant part of the sea floor pulled to the surface, and going higher and higher stopping just above the clouds. This is something metaphysical.

It is something that will alway be higher. In the future more higher landmass might be created, then this mountain shall just grow to surpass that landmass just a bit. Seemingly equaling it in hight.
Legends among the surface and sky dwellers say that reaching the top of the mountain can grant a audiance with the ___s. Wether it is truth or a lie remains to be seen.
Hmm. Big Act. Benefits from perk.
[X] The Silver Lake
At the foot of the volcano, a lake composed of a variety of metals in liquid form is created. The metals of this lake evaporate, condense, and freeze like water, just at a slightly higher temperature, and are made of all kinds of precious metals such as gold, platinum, and silver. Breathing can be quite dangerous too close to the lake as your lungs get filled with metal.
[X] Prepare the Egg

The ___ who spent their time and care for that little Egg, meticulously plotting and planning for it to become greater than what it appears to be, looks at the Egg once more. Recognizing that their time for this small patch of ocean is almost up, they begin to prepare the Egg for its hatching, and eventual departure.

Before anything, the very first act the ___ does is to awaken the nascent mind of the avian within. The dreamlike state it has been in for decades transforms to one of near clear lucidity—like the gap between a person waking up and being asleep—in order to grow its mind further. It is given the barest basics of the ecosystem, its wildlife and the habitats.

Then, it does a necessary step for the Egg's development, and connects it to the Divine Duck Force. The power which flowed through the bones of the original duck now flow through it, and with it the blessings that come within. It is to be a catalyst for the duck's later growth, and a mark of its special position amongst its fellow creations.

Finally, it is named. No longer is it "The Egg", the underwater peril which . The ___ christens it "Duck Deity: Ocean". Names have power, and with this name, it's fate is invariably tied to the ocean (and to a more important figure, ducks).
Hmm. Normally Small Act, but with caveats. After some consideration, this is at minimum Big Act.

The Divine Duck Force the flows in the Egg is different from the DDF that flows in the bones of The Duck, therefore, it wouldn't get the powers that have been passed down the ages in the first island. It is not of the line of the divine line of the first royal ducks of the first island.

I'm interpreting the last paragraph as flavor, having no real effect.
Authored Act:
[X] Book of the ___s
Give to the tunneler Weird Folks a book describing the Acts so far
Basic Act.
Dang it, I was asleep!

Authored

[X] Crab Tunnels
The magma crabs decide to work together and dig deeper. Using their magma powers, the crabs dig a vast network of interconnected caverns, tunnels, and burrows deep within the volcano. They are designed in such a way that should any predator try to enter, the crabs would simply flood a tunnel with magma.

Support(pending)
@ShieldCrown
Hmm. Basic Act. Benefits from perk.
Exit Ravine
-A ravine in the ocean floor, connected to the already-existing ravine from the previous island. Entering one will cause things to emerge from the other.
Big Act. Benefits from perk.

Last edited:
At minimum, this is Big Act. Scales with grade, but there's currently no available grade above Big.

At Big Act, this act has the range of the entire play area.
Well crap, that kinda defeats the purpose. Guess I'll have to be more specific and just make an exit point for Island 1's ravine.

Starting my vote over; @SeaTheTree @Redikai @Nigerian Duck Unfortunately, Portal Nexus is no longer valid.

Authored
[X] Exit Ravine
-A ravine in the ocean floor, connected to the already-existing ravine from the previous island. Entering one will cause things to emerge from the other.

Supported
[X] Striped Lighthouse

Last edited:
No idea. I assumed that anything concerning the DDF would be a Big Act, so I already have my sights aimed in the highest it can go. Plus, I've talked about connecting the DDF to multiple islands several times in the thread before and MangoFlan has yet to say anything against it, so I took it as tentative approval.
Hmm. Normally Small Act, but with caveats. After some consideration, this is at minimum Big Act.
Ha, I got it right! I'm at Small already, so I won't worry too much about getting it to Big.

The Divine Duck Force the flows in the Egg is different from the DDF that flows in the bones of The Duck, therefore, it wouldn't get the powers that have been passed down the ages in the first island. It is not of the line of the divine line of the first royal ducks of the first island.
Hmmm…that's cool! As long as it operates the same, I have no qualms with it. It's still technically one entity anyway, and I t fits perfectly with what I have in mind. You interpreted the last part correctly as flavor (though i's meant to push the narrative of it being associated with water, and to a more important extent, ducks).

Starting my vote over; @SeaTheTree @Redikai @Nigerian Duck Unfortunately, Portal Nexus is no longer valid.
Rough break. Island 1 portal it is.

1. It connects to an object outside of play area. Seems mild, and I can be generous with that.
It's not really doing anything more than sending and receiving basic telepathic messages. And it's strictly between the Crustacean Monument and the Spider Statue.
2. It creates new crustaceans and telepathically connects with them. It's mild. It works exactly like the Shark Monument which was a Small Act.
Okay.
3. It summons a kaiju. This kaiju is made of unconventional material. Sure, the kaiju is really vanilla, but it is lightly defined, and light definition comes with light limitations.
It's really just a giant kaiju crab made of unconventional material. It doesn't really have anything else besides that.

Huh, anyone got a spare vote they want to send my way?

EDIT: @Tarumath , both Inch Sheep and Magic Spirits are over the Big Act in terms of Votes with 8 each, may I have one of your votes for my Crustacean Monument? I'll make a Monument to an animal of your choice in the future if you do.

Last edited:
If Magic Spirits is over Big I should vote for something else. Does anyone want to trade a vote? I've got 2 slots open, since I left the other 2 for personal choice. I'm just looking to get to 4 or 5, so I can use my (currently non-existent) Omake Votes to carry me to Big.

Last edited:
Note, in 10 hours or so, I may be closing the vote. It seems that voting has cooled down. As usual, I will be waiting for approximately 1 day for omake points and requests.

Also, it's kinda confusing. I can finagle something like land bridges, but "dividing the sea into deep and shallow"? That's very big disruptive description. I can interpret that as raise the sea floor around the isles, then separate the deep and shallow with a sand bar. That exposes a lot of deep sea things to the shallows or buries them in hundreds of meters of sand. I could cheat and interpret that as creating a sandy platform around the isles, making the surrounding sea shallow, but hmm.

Also, light sapphire? If taken literally, this means that this act somehow creates a process that sapphire from seawater.

I mean I was thinking more like an incomplete bay around the islands making a irregular circle and sort of having the land in-between the island rise up to create a shallower piece of water.

Currently, the Acts that are yet to pass are:
Stripped Lighthouse (Requires Big, 2 Votes Needed)
Wormy Wood (Requires Small, 1 Vote Needed)
Create the World's Edge Mountain (Requires Big, 5 Votes Needed)
Prepare the Egg (Requires Big, 2 Votes Needed)
and
Exit Ravine (Requires Big, 2 Votes Needed)

Vote at your leisure peeps. I'm putting 1 towards Wormy Wood and another towards Stripped Lighthouse Create the World's Edge Mountain (I already voted for ER, PtE is mine, and CtWEM needs a lot).

Editorial: New info by MangoFlan, only Wormy, Egg, and Mountain don't pass.

Last edited:
Currently, the Acts that are yet to pass are:
Stripped Lighthouse (Requires Big, 2 Votes Needed)
Wormy Wood (Requires Small, 1 Vote Needed)
Create the World's Edge Mountain (Requires Big, 5 Votes Needed)
Prepare the Egg (Requires Big, 2 Votes Needed)
and
Exit Ravine (Requires Big, 2 Votes Needed)

Vote at your leisure peeps. I'm putting 1 towards Wormy Wood and another towards Stripped Lighthouse (I already voted for ER, PtE is mine, and CtWEM needs a lot).
Striped Lighthouse and Exit Ravine pass by perk bonus...

My god. ER is going to complicate my life by having to review the first island for interactions.

Back