Thousand Isles (Riot God Quest)

Yes. It scales. The Egg, correct? *Quickly scribbles notes.* There shouldn't be a huge problem.
Ah, that's a relief. I don't want to do something like accidentally draining so much energy that it interferes with civilizations and such. When I do get around to hatching the Avian, should I specify that all the accumulated power goes to it, or is that implied?

I have plans to tweaking the grading system. The bottom tier is a bit weak and the upper tier might become more interesting pushed up, but I'm thinking of considering it at the end of the Era. I'll see what happens when there's more perks.
Oooh, interesting. Seeing the Upper Tiers allow for more strange and varied Acts would be cool. I thought I was really stretching the limits of what counts as Big when I first wrote the DDF.
Then again, for some things to be strong, other things need to be weak. I'm assuming that after Big, there's two grades above that allow for some pretty big changes and Acts. With that being the case, it's alright for these to remain relatively weak, since this is a quest that builds up on power each and every island.

What would you say the Absolute Limits are for a Big Act?

Editorial: Would you like to trade, @gracnieumierac ?

Last edited:
Ah, that's a relief. I don't want to do something like accidentally draining so much energy that it interferes with civilizations and such. When I do get around to hatching the Avian, should I specify that all the accumulated power goes to it, or is that implied?
*Looks at notes.* Yeah, if you keep ramping up the Egg, there's possibility of just causing the sea to be too dangerous to live in. I have places I could take this. Making a huge maelstrom around the Egg seems like the most logical and dramatic direction I could take it, but I could also go with encasing the Egg in ice (which might actually be more reasonable for turn 2 rather than turn 3).

Energy going to the Avian is implied, but if not specified, I might take liberties with it, like making some special effects like explosions and nuclear fallout.
Oooh, interesting. Seeing the Upper Tiers allow for more strange and varied Acts would be cool. I thought I was really stretching the limits of what counts as Big when I first wrote the DDF.
Then again, for some things to be strong, other things need to be weak. I'm assuming that after Big, there's two grades above that allow for some pretty big changes and Acts. With that being the case, it's alright for these to remain relatively weak, since this is a quest that builds up on power each and every island.

What would you say the Absolute Limits are for a Big Act?
Big Act encompasses all the "Island", basically a significant portion of the play area and potentially the entire board from end to end and top to bottom.

I'm labeling Big Acts and below as Local Acts, acts whose effects only stretch as far as the play area. That's why spirits don't appear on this island. DDF settled on Big because it was focused on the Duck and his direct descendants. It's like giving somebody a big basket of candy, but not everybody. If DDF affected every duck, it might have ballooned higher.

I'm considering higher acts to potentially affect other islands, but I'm holding off tweaking bigger acts until they become relevant.

On the other hand, I just finished shooting a demo for my in-dev game. It's probably not going to be finished this half of the decade. I also have this other game that's begging to be worked on for a year or two now.

View: https://youtu.be/RgUtpZ2AWz0

Yeah, please be careful with that Egg. Don't make me regret not destroying by turning it up so much it genocides the entire area when it finally explodes.

On the other hand, I just finished shooting a demo for my in-dev game. It's probably not going to be finished this half of the decade. I also have this other game that's begging to be worked on for a year or two now.
Oooh. I don't know if I've heard of a text-parser game before, since I'm not big on video games, but it looks interesting. Reminds me of the old RPGs I used to play with my cousins.

Energy going to the Avian is implied, but if not specified, I might take liberties with it, like making some special effects like explosions and nuclear fallout.
Got iiiiiit. Good thing I clarified first. If Mannan's quest has taught me anything, it's that wording matters a lot. Though a nuclear fall out would be a crazy thing to see.

Yeah, please be careful with that Egg. Don't make me regret not destroying by turning it up so much it genocides the entire area when it finally explodes.
I asked about this so it would *not* explode, in any circumstance. Energy is useless if not applied properly. Which may also lead to me re-wording my current vote.

Clearly, we must shoot the Egg into SPACE!
Which may, in turn, lead to SPACE! being shot into the Egg, knowing Duck.
Hey, that's an awfully rude assumption! But yes, I would then respond with making a Big Act to ensure that the metaphysical concept of 'space' was absorbed into the Egg as a new form of energy to ensure the success and survival of the Egg, and then hatch it in the subsequent turn and make it come back down to Earth.

So... I'm not comfortable with campaigning, but could someone vote for my Salmon Soldiers please? (Not really expecting Duck to vote for them, considering how I've already made it known that I plan to start a war between them and Island 1's Duck civilization, but I could be wrong.)

Anyway, this is pretty much the last turn that they could be made here; I was planning to ally them with the Sharks (at first it was "taming" but then the Sharks got smarter, so that seemed both unlikely and demeaning) beforehand, but if the fishmen fail again I won't have time to do that and open the portal. I have backup plans, but I'd kinda prefer my fishmen passing.

People are overreacting about the egg. Do not panic. I assure you, it's not as world-ending as you're thinking it is.
Oooh. I don't know if I've heard of a text-parser game before, since I'm not big on video games, but it looks interesting. Reminds me of the old RPGs I used to play with my cousins
A text parser (or text adventure) is a game that uses text prompts to do actions, much like how one uses a command line. Notable examples include Zork and Colossal Cave Adventure. AI Dungeon works in a similar manner. They seem to be classified under Interactive Fiction, which means they get categorized with other text-based games; I don't know what they're called but I'll call them choice-based games and link-to-link games (the usual for Twine games), both of which boast being mobile friendly. However, this also means that they're classified with those text-based games on the Google Play Store that forces you to wait after every major decision.

If you want to try some, you could find some on the Interactive Fiction Database (IFDB).

Oh, I probably should show this off in one of the game dev Discords I'm on.

[X] Psychic Insults
Just like the sudden emergence of the gulls from blood and salt, so did something else emerge from their tiny terrible minds. A desire to cuss out every creature they came upon and this desire to be just a bunch of pricks became a tangible thing. As the gulls gained the power of speech in the minds of any creature they met with an uncanny ability to insult them were it hurt the most.
Hmm... This might qualify for Basic Act, despite effect.
Authored:
[X] Shape the inside of the Marble into a network of natural caverns for the Weird Folk
Basic Act. Scales with Grade. Benefits from perk.

Almost forgot about closing this vote. I will be closing vote so put out your final votes before I finally close the vote.

Almost forgot about closing this vote. I will be closing vote so put out your final votes before I finally close the vote.
Hm. Looks like we're around the time that everybody's asleep. I should be too, but I was busy earlier.

Would either of you be interested in voting my way, @Tarumath @gracnieumierac ? I'm willing to trade a vote, though I'm not sure how much that'll do without another vote.

People are overreacting about the egg. Do not panic. I assure you, it's not as world-ending as you're thinking it is.
Hm. If I were to hatch the Egg on Turn 3, how strong would it be? If I use the Sea Dragon as a unit of measurement, I estimate about 2 and one-third by this turn, so at least 5 and two-thirds by the next.

Last edited:
Hm. If I were to hatch the Egg on Turn 3, how strong would it be? If I use the Sea Dragon as a unit of measurement, I estimate about 2 and one-third by this turn, so at least 5 and two-thirds by the next.
Let's see.

On turn 1, the Egg gathers 1 Sea Dragon's worth of energy.

On turn 2, the Egg loses 1 Sea Dragon's worth of energy, but at the same time, gathers 2 Sea Dragons' worth of energy.

The Avian would be 2 Sea Dragons worth if hatched on start of turn 3, 4 Sea Dragons worth at the end. Note: this does not guarantee that the Avian will be qualitatively stronger than the Sea Dragon, so do your descriptions justice, or you might end up a duck that doubles as a battery. Also, the Sea Dragon grows over time, so by start of turn 3, the Sea Dragon is 1.5 Sea Dragons strong, pushing to approximately 2 Sea Dragons strong at the end. I don't how to translate those numbers narratively, but we'll see when we get there.

So... I'm not comfortable with campaigning, but could someone vote for my Salmon Soldiers please? (Not really expecting Duck to vote for them, considering how I've already made it known that I plan to start a war between them and Island 1's Duck civilization, but I could be wrong.)

Anyway, this is pretty much the last turn that they could be made here; I was planning to ally them with the Sharks (at first it was "taming" but then the Sharks got smarter, so that seemed both unlikely and demeaning) beforehand, but if the fishmen fail again I won't have time to do that and open the portal. I have backup plans, but I'd kinda prefer my fishmen passing.
Gotcha. Can't have a world with only 1 dominant species now do we? It will be utterly boring.
Or even just a paradice of eternal peace... Boring

Let's see.

On turn 1, the Egg gathers 1 Sea Dragon's worth of energy.

On turn 2, the Egg loses 1 Sea Dragon's worth of energy, but at the same time, gathers 2 Sea Dragons' worth of energy.

The Avian would be 2 Sea Dragons worth if hatched on start of turn 3, 4 Sea Dragons worth at the end. Note: this does not guarantee that the Avian will be qualitatively stronger than the Sea Dragon, so do your descriptions justice, or you might end up a duck that doubles as a battery. Also, the Sea Dragon grows over time, so by start of turn 3, the Sea Dragon is 1.5 Sea Dragons strong, pushing to approximately 2 Sea Dragons strong at the end. I don't how to translate those numbers narratively, but we'll see when we get there.
Thanks you for the information. 2 Sea dragons a turn is a pretty good yield. I planned to hatch it on Turn 4, but it might be worth waiting to turn 5 for. And all of this is without accounting for the bonus drain that the Egg is getting from my vote this turn, so in actuality by the end of Turn 3, there'll be an even greater storage of power.

And I'll do my best to describe it, so it's not just a power pack for anyone who cares to take it. Believe it or not, I actually do have a reason for storing it with so much energy that I'd spend 5 Turns working on it. Hint: Tell me, if a King is above a Man, then what is above a King?

Last edited:
And I'll do my best to describe it, so it's not just a power pack for anyone who cares to take it. Believe it or not, I actually do have a reason for storing it with so much energy that I'd spend 5 Turns working on it. Hint: Tell me, if a King is above a Man, then what is above a King?
Oh. OH! You're making a god. Normally, I would rule that as higher than Big, but considering how you had a big multi-turn plan, I'll allow Big on it, though depending on how you're describing it, it might qualify for Small (but that might be too generous or you being very cheap, so we'll see when we get there).

Well no one seems particularly willing. to trade, so I'll throw it a vote. I like enrichnening the world, and conflict can cause that. If anyone is good to trade, I've still got 1 vote left after this.
I totally didn't vote for your action just to spite your words of me not voting, Plusse. :drevil:

Oh. OH! You're making a god. Normally, I would rule that as higher than Big, but considering how you had a big multi-turn plan, I'll allow Big on it, though depending on how you're describing it, it might qualify for Small (but that might be too generous or you being very cheap, so we'll see when we get there).
Excellent! Though…I'm going to be doing this exact same thing for

I guess since no one else wants to trade,

Era 2 - Turn 3 Acts
Adhoc vote count started by MangoFlan on Dec 13, 2022 at 7:48 AM, finished with 51 posts and 13 votes.

Vote Closed! I should probably add the descriptions of the acts so that I don't have to search for them when I start writing them, but I'm tired and sleepy.

Big Act:
The Memory of time
Enhance the Shark Monument.
Create the Giant Inchlings
Lava Fields (+2)

Small Act:
Net Ray
Create Raging Lava Crabs
Mega Frogs
Egg and Energy
Creeping Greens
Shape the inside of the Marble into a network of natural caverns for the Weird Folk (+2)

Basic Act:
Psychic Insults

Non-passing Act:
Salmon Soldiers

Duck Stories: The Egg
Duck Stories: The Egg

In a spread of ocean, unmarked by anything permanent, a group of those with the immense power to change the world at their leisure decide to settle themselves down, to turn this patch of barren water and sand into something more refined. It is their nature to create—and at times, destroy—and in accordance to that, they begin to act on their desires.

And create, they did. Decidedly the first creation of the age, millions upon millions of pounds of sand were compressed together, forming a gigantic mountain of hardened sand-turned-stone. But that was not all, for its innards were compressed every further, eventually combusting its innards into boiling magma, with it becoming the First Volcano. Streams of black rose from the sea floor, rich in nutrients and minerals, great chimneys that reached their hands towards the sky. Caves formed, corridors of stone, both wide and small, twisting and turning and each of them leading to another. The world was being enriched with the great and magnificent creations that would soon serve to be the foundation of many species of life, turning this boring patch of ocean into a beautiful ecosystem.

But unlike the great landscape changing of its fellow creators, one of them opted to make a small, boulder-sized creation that would lead to something far grander than what it was in the future. It sought to have it absorb its surroundings, making a sphere of currents wrap around the ovoid shape and eventually go into it, compressing it down into power. And finally, a breath of life was fed into it. One of monocular vision, an acquaintanceship with water, and whose identity will be revealed in the future. It has a budding mind, despite it being so young and undeveloped, and would in time become accustomed to the sensation power. Boulder no longer, for it was the womb of what would be one of the greatest creations to waddle the sea floor. Thus, it had been named Egg, and was left to gestate.

There it lay, undisturbed by anything in the vicinity, year after year. Though the current and minerals it took in was much—to the point where not a single thing could grow or form there—it had managed to remain unnoticed by any predators who would seek it out, or those who would want to use its power for their own gain. All according to the plan formed since the Egg's creation.

But something touches the egg of the gestating avian. An unseen hand sees the power that has accumulated ever since its creation, and desires it. It molds, twists and pulls it out of the fetus, stringing it together into something with coils, scales, that imitates the egg's hunger for powe,r and comes with it's own endless greed for the ancient jewels and gems that lie beneath the surface of the sea.

And then, it happens. After all the power was drained, the duck was cast aside in its little shell, and instead the scaly reptilian of growing power was born. A serpent of the seat, it could be called, but it preferred its title of "Dragon". The pilfered power of the Egg was now Dragon's, and from there on, it abandoned the Egg and sorely weakened avian to its own devices, swimming outward to seek its own path to the desire of their heart.

Miraculously, perhaps by the touch of the being who felt the Egg, it was left unbroken. Though weakened, this was not the end for the young duck that would grow from it. Rather, this was a renewed start, for the one who had taken an idea from their mere thoughts and made it into the Egg had passed by and saw exactly what occurred, expressing outrage at what occured.

The creator of the Egg, upon seeing what one could call "desecration" of the Egg and the interference of its peer, could leave the Egg like that no longer. Unknown power was drawn into the long-reaching arms used to create the structure of the Egg, and it was further imbued with its signature power of absorption. Beyond measured it was empowered to go twice, no, thrice as fast as it could before. It sought to come back with a renewed attention to its singular creation, swearing that it will make it as great as what was within its current abilities.

The sleeping duck felt this, and it soon began to swell. Even in its state of unconsciousness, a mind yet to fully awaken, what little existed there could sense a change in the growth it had experienced. And for another 20 years, it lay alone in its small world, storing power for its birth all the while.

Last minute Omake for points? I'm two off from getting to Big, so I just wanted to get this out there. #Ducks4Life #AviansOverMammals #Bread.

Last edited:
@MangoFlan

For the Human Forms, It's basically just a human with a shark tail added on with gills around the chest.

For the Hybrid Form… look up King Shark from DC, something like that.

...And now I have to fight the urge to do something spiteful.

At least there's still the next island.
It's alright, Sir…hey, your name's surplus. I've just noticed.
Anyway, I was trying to say that it's alright—just try to make them on the next island, and I'll help you get it to Big (and maybe this time around, you should trade at least 2 votes).

It's alright, Sir…hey, your name's surplus. I've just noticed.
Anyway, I was trying to say that it's alright—just try to make them on the next island, and I'll help you get it to Big (and maybe this time around, you should trade at least 2 votes).
Kinda late to the punchline there. Your punishment is a punch. (/badjoke)

Anyway, the fact that you tried to help it pass does help me fight the spite. I'll just throw my support behind the Sharks; their new form should work as a substitute for my Salmon Soldiers for now, so I can skip the chaff and just start a war directly between the Sharks and Ducks.

...A portal hub (defined: building that automatically generates an exit point for every portal that ever opens) would probably be more than a Big act, wouldn't it? @MangoFlan please verify my assumption on this.

Anyway, the fact that you tried to help it pass does help me fight the spite. I'll just throw my support behind the Sharks; their new form should work as a substitute for my Salmon Soldiers for now, so I can skip the chaff and just start a war directly between the Sharks and Ducks.
Gura would be a good visualization of a young female Shark who took the Shark Monument's offer… just, you know, if they could turn into a Wereshark.

So, keep that in mind for visualization purposes.

Back