Transposition, or: Ship Happens [Worm/Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio | Arpeggio of Blue Steel]

I mean, no matter how you slice it it isn't necromancy anyway. The thread isn't dead, only sleeping -- we have ample evidence that ensou's threads will continue to update, even if it takes a long time. :p

Someone knows a gif with someone pushing an undead into their coffin and slamming the top yelling 'go back inside and stay there' ? Could be useful ^^

Iä Iä Ensou Fhtagn!
So, that hasn't worked yet. Maybe something stronger? More painful and embarrassing for all involved? Or maybe we need a sacrifice? There is a delete button right there, I could go jump on it and see if that works. Maybe I should do that anyway, fresh sacrifices are better, aren't they? Maybe it would be stronger if I never even posted! That would make sense? Ugh, me and my stupid wordplay addiction.There isn't even anything clever about deliberately rhyming wrong... I onlky made it to see if I could, and now it is there I can't not post it.
Great Lord Ensou, rise from The Fog.
We would sing your praises, and hear your song.
As we chant and cheer.
Champion Ensou, come forth to write.
We would gather our thoughts, and read your log.
As we hoped so long.
Visionary Ensou, break through our fear.
We would show appreciation, and witness your might.
As we can but slog.
Messenger Ensou, bring words so strong.
We would follow your course, and trust you to steer.
As we strain our sight.
*Thoughts, opinions, speculation, impulses, or anything else presented here or anywhere else do not reflect anything about the author nor anyone else, unless such would be favourable.

Well, since someone peaked in and turned the light on...

Crunchroll posted Chapter 115 a bit ago...
Festival at the Academy!

Lexington playing tour guide!

All three Prime Ministers of Japan paying a visit to a certain facility!

Said facility filled with...trees shaped like a DNA helix?

Amaha Kotono/Yamato is your guide!

They're not dead?

I can't remember the specifics, but I'm pretty sure that Sundancer took him down in canon. So...I'm going with 'no' on that.
She didn't. When Lung became big enough, he wrenched control over her sun from her and made it wink out.
Edit: Ok, it wasn't quite that dramatic. He just kept her from making a new one. Here's the quote:
Hive 5.9 said:
Sundancer began forming her miniature sun once more, with increasingly frequent flickers of light and fire gathering between her hands.

"No." Lung boomed. He raised his bloody claw, and the flame in Sundancer's hands dissipated, slipping out of her grasp like greased eels.

Last edited:
I can't remember the specifics, but I'm pretty sure that Sundancer took him down in canon. So...I'm going with 'no' on that.
Well it certainly looks that way at first...
Hive 5.9 said:
Sundancer moved the ball back, but just the second or so of close proximity to the ball was enough to take the fight out of Lung. He fell to all fours, tried to move, and found the asphalt like a molten tar beneath him.

Wasn't he supposed to be fireproof? Or was that immunity only to the flames he made with his own power? Or, I thought, was that ball of light -Sundancer's miniature sun- that hot?
but not so much...
Hive 5.9 said:
"No." Lung boomed. He raised his bloody claw, and the flame in Sundancer's hands dissipated, slipping out of her grasp like greased eels.
if he has sufficient challenge to rally his power to that point. So does trying to control a fusion reaction count as battle enough?

So, a thought prompted by rereading this, I think I would ditch the AoBS mimicry of historical ships for Taylor. I always find it a bit weird and off-putting in AoBS itself since it comes off as being tacked on to the story because the artists wanted to draw a bunch of Japanese hardware from the Good Old Days. Taylor lacks even the paper-thin excuses that canon AoBS has to ape the appearance of old WWII ships. When Taylor made herself a plane she didn't limit herself that way, and I see no reason for her to limit herself that way for her fancy new duds.

Basically: give fancy modern/sci-fi sub! Sleek and smooth teardrop hull! Pop-out weapon mounts! :V

So, a thought prompted by rereading this, I think I would ditch the AoBS mimicry of historical ships for Taylor. I always find it a bit weird and off-putting in AoBS itself since it comes off as being tacked on to the story because the artists wanted to draw a bunch of Japanese hardware from the Good Old Days. Taylor lacks even the paper-thin excuses that canon AoBS has to ape the appearance of old WWII ships. When Taylor made herself a plane she didn't limit herself that way, and I see no reason for her to limit herself that way for her fancy new duds.

Basically: give fancy modern/sci-fi sub! Sleek and smooth teardrop hull! Pop-out weapon mounts! :V
I'd rather she turn the city like the one on Memories of Iron.

I don't have much of an opinion on WWII submarines vs the modern ones but when it comes to surface vessels, especially cruisers and battleships, WWII ships were way more cool and awesome than the modern ones. There is a great amount of presence to the major caliber guns when the turret containing them turns in your direction ;)

I would prefer if she goes modernistic/futuristic with what sort of vessel she copies ("it's a submarine, an aircraft AND A SPACESHIP!) cause it is imo cooler, like something out of Aeon/Seraphim from Supreme Commander, but I'm not very familiar with the setting that this is a crossover with.

I on the other hand vote for Taylor to mantain the AoBS theme of WWII ships.

Why? Because even if she's a human consciousness controlling a gynormous mass of FoF!NANOMACHINES SON!, it does not change that she's a human fighting for Humanity's survival (give it time).

So, Human Designs Only are a must!

I don't have much of an opinion on WWII submarines vs the modern ones but when it comes to surface vessels, especially cruisers and battleships, WWII ships were way more cool and awesome than the modern ones. There is a great amount of presence to the major caliber guns when the turret containing them turns in your direction ;)
Yeah, but you don't have to make the ships literally WWII ships to have that. It's also not just that they have appearances based on WWII era vessels, it's that they're just straight copies meant to "be" the WWII ships. To bring up politics, there's also a degree of problematic nationalism that you have to be on the lookout for that the use of the WWII ships can be a warning sign of, whether AoBS itself is guilty of it or not.

Even just what amounts to mostly aesthetic differences to make a ship modern looking can be neat. For instance, here are two designs an SB moderator (Primer, RIP) made for fun several years ago:

They're both intended to be modern looking gun-armed vessels while also still hearkening back to WWII designs, such as having more secondary guns (or lasers) than modern ships carry, or having the Harpoon launchers be on swivels to be like torpedo mounts.

Last edited:
If one wanted to maintain a certain level of continuity between "WW2" and "nanotech space magic bullshit anime" Syd Mead did some design work for an abortive sequel to Space Battleship Yamato that might be interesting as reference material.

That said, I'm okay with keeping the retro look, because a) it's an AoBS crossover and the WW2 stuff is as much a part of AoBS as the nanomachines and b) the "surprise, bitches!" factor when the USS Taylor starts chucking graviton beams and corrosive torpedoes at targets expecting traditional munitions will be glorious.

If one wanted to maintain a certain level of continuity between "WW2" and "nanotech space magic bullshit anime" Syd Mead did some design work for an abortive sequel to Space Battleship Yamato that might be interesting as reference material.

That said, I'm okay with keeping the retro look, because a) it's an AoBS crossover and the WW2 stuff is as much a part of AoBS as the nanomachines and b) the "surprise, bitches!" factor when the USS Taylor starts chucking graviton beams and corrosive torpedoes at targets expecting traditional munitions will be glorious.

Or she makes a supercarrier-looking ship bodies... that pull a

Maya: Carnival ?

Sigh, this above.

Back