Transposition, or: Ship Happens [Worm/Aoki Hagane no Arpeggio | Arpeggio of Blue Steel]

we need a shipyard first.
and we have to make some ship for them....

then we can go shipping....
both literally and figuratively...

XD
Brocton is a port city, places to moor a boat are a dime a dozen.
Does a one-man mini-sub count? If not, Taylor probably already has enough raw material to at least make a small destroyer, all that's left is to shape that lump of clay into a sleek slim body with curves in all the right places.
Isn't she a warship?
Who's the lucky guy/lady?

Taylor healed Lisa by turning her into a ship. So if they're shipped, does that make Taylor a doc and a dock?

I wouldn't be that surprised if Lisa's reaction, once she wakes up and realizes what happened, is just straight up gratitude towards Taylor. "She," her mind and consciousness, survived, and Taylor wasn't responsible for any of the damage to Lisa. If Taylor didn't exist, she'd just be straight dead. So yeah. I'm predicting gratitude.

As for Lung... I expect that, once she's recovered and gotten used to whatever her body ends up being, Lisa's going to dive headfirst into Project "Manipulate Coil and Lung into Killing each other off, in as Embarrassing a manner as Possible."

I wouldn't be that surprised if Lisa's reaction, once she wakes up and realizes what happened, is just straight up gratitude towards Taylor. "She," her mind and consciousness, survived, and Taylor wasn't responsible for any of the damage to Lisa. If Taylor didn't exist, she'd just be straight dead. So yeah. I'm predicting gratitude.

As for Lung... I expect that, once she's recovered and gotten used to whatever her body ends up being, Lisa's going to dive headfirst into Project "Manipulate Coil and Lung into Killing each other off, in as Embarrassing a manner as Possible."
I've been thinking this same thing. Without the hormone and chemical mix causing extra angst, and with the logical aid of her shard, Lisa will be in a unique position to know exactly how thankful she should be that she is even alive. It would skip a lot of the drama.

Also, it might just answer her problems with intimacy. Before it was always gross and uncomfortable for her to know the details of anyone she came in contact with intimately. Now, depending on how things work out, she may not have to give in to those biological worries anymore ;)

EDIT: Not that Lisa won't have other problems with intimacy in the future. Depending on how this works out, and how Lisa eventually is provided for, Taylor might just have to watch out. She may end up being the only ship available for Lisa :whistle:

(Once I realized the pun, I had to go there :evil:)

EDIT2: Oh my gosh, I forgot to put the rest of the comment on there! :o It was supposed to end in the words "on Earth Bet" meaning that Taylor was the only Fog ship there! *sigh* I guess that is what happens when you browse the thread when you can't sleep and decide to post the silly things that come into your mind. :cry:

Last edited:
10 of the 50 different hormones known to human body are produced by in an organ closely attached to the brain, so those are probably still present. The other ~40 - going to have to hope she can go without.

I have to admit that I don't really know anything of how the brain is influenced by the body, I've just picked up assumptions based on what I've heard of popular science as well as what I've read in SciFi and other stories. So can't actually make comments on the reality of what a human brain deprived of it's body would react. Given that this is not science, but fiction it's all up to the author anyway.

Personally I'm on the edge of my seat figuratively waiting to find out how this whole thing turns out with Lisa. I really am anxious for @ensou to post the next chapter to hopefully let us stop hanging from the cliff she lead us to with the last one. If she is in a really mean mood, she will not give us answers till the following chapter! :D

I wonder if Motoko Kusanagi would be a good disguise.
Depending on what exactly happens to Lisa, I can't see her wanting to give up her appearance. I'm not all that sure what @ensou has planned for Lisa, but failing her becoming another AI, she is likely to have a 'fixed' appearance and will likely want to look like 'herself'. Being female, and considered good looking, she is likely vain enough to consider her appearance something that is slightly more than just important.

Depending on what exactly happens to Lisa, I can't see her wanting to give up her appearance. I'm not all that sure what @ensou has planned for Lisa, but failing her becoming another AI, she is likely to have a 'fixed' appearance and will likely want to look like 'herself'. Being female, and considered good looking, she is likely vain enough to consider her appearance something that is slightly more than just important.
Well, maybe its a second face she can put on to avoid making Lung (or others) go on another rampage after her. They already have close enough backstories. Bad injuries resulting in full-body replacement, and nobody knowing where she came from.

Oh, I would say that there is every possibility that she will take advantage of being thought dead to escape those who want her in some way (Lung and Coil with the PRT wanting her as well).

Disguise is going to be a key word for her for quite some time. I just doubt that it will be anything more than a temporary disguise. :)

Back