Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
[X][SCS] Darkness knows no barriers, and neither should your desires
[X][TRF] Each scar is merely another ring in the making, from past pain arises new strength
[X][CDE] Be always watchful. Foes and treasures alike may hide in the gaps in one's perceptions.

[X][TRF] Branches and trunks bend and sway, but the roots must remain unyielding. Retreat only so far and then no more. [X][CDE] Do not slot Curious Diviners Eye

[x][CDE] Ignorance is no better than blindness.
[x][SCS] There is no peace in emptiness, no content in stillness. Stagnation is death; act, change, move, think, and grow until the very end.
[x][TRF] Do not slot Thousand Ring Fortress

Last edited:
[X][SCS] There is no peace in emptiness, no content in stillness. Stagnation is death; act, change, move, think, and grow until the very end.
[X][TRF] Do not slot Thousand Ring Fortress
[X][CDE] Do not slot Curious Diviners Eye

[X][SCS] Do not slot Sable Crescent Step
[X][TRF] Branches and trunks bend and sway, but the roots must remain unyielding. Retreat only so far and then no more.

[X][SCS] There is no peace in emptiness, no content in stillness. Stagnation is death; act, change, move, think, and grow until the very end.

[X][TRF] Branches and trunks bend and sway, but the roots must remain unyielding. Retreat only so far and then no more.

[X][CDE] Be always watchful. Foes and treasures alike may hide in the gaps in one's perceptions.

[X][CDE] Ignorance is no better than blindness.

[x][TRF] Branches and trunks bend and sway, but the roots must remain unyielding. Retreat only so far and then no more.
[x][CDE] Do not slot Curious Diviners Eye

[][SCS] There is no peace in emptiness, no content in stillness. Stagnation is death; act, change, move, think, and grow until the very end.

Hmm, I don't like this. As many people have already said, I'm concerned if this will interfere with Ling Qi's ability to chill and relax occasionally. Like, crazy levels of drive and ambition are good right now, but what about once she's established herself, once all the wars are over and it's time to raise her family? I don't want Ling Qi to end up being a helicopter parent. Ling Qi is already plenty driven, we don't need to carve being driven into her very soul.

I'm not sure I like this either, but I find it interesting anyway. It's dreaming big, but it's also not letting anything stand in the way of your desires, which is kinda concerning. I like Ling Qi's aspect of being a greedy girl though, so I'm willing to go with this.

That said, I'm also fine with just this. I consider both slotting options rather unhealthy for Ling Qi, so not slotting SCS is perfectly fine with me.

Plenty of discussion about why this is cool, 'nuff said.

I like this a lot. I don't consider it paranoia like what some of the thread has said. And keeping an eye out for hidden enemies like Yan Renshu is important, but really, I'm picking this for the LOOT. It hurts my heart to think Ling Qi may have been obliviously floating along and not noticing multiple LOOT opportunities.
Adhoc vote count started by Kai Merah on Jun 24, 2019 at 4:06 AM, finished with 252 posts and 113 votes.

Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by Killer_Whale on Jun 24, 2019 at 4:18 AM, finished with 252 posts and 113 votes.

[X][TRF] Each scar is merely another ring in the making, from past pain arises new strength

While I am absolutely a fan of the yandere option, I kinda see this one as just a confirmation of who Ling Qi already is. It's less an insight, and more "hey, SCS agrees with me!"
Well, yes, but i was kinda hoping to get learn to chill more.
As i said earlier, being driven to a point of obsession may be helpfull now, while in the sect, in the long run i would prefer the ability to just lean back and chill out.
Also, i think the second insight helps to move away from the social constraint what is proper and what is not, and be honest, if only to herself, about what she wants.

Well, yes, but i was kinda hoping to get learn to chill more.
As i said earlier, being driven to a point of obsession may be helpfull now, while in the sect, in the long run i would prefer the ability to just lean back and chill out.
Also, i think the second insight helps to move away from the social constraint what is proper and what is not, and be honest, if only to herself, about what she wants.
It's not just about being driven and cultivation though. It's affirming something Ling Qi already thinks: she likes acting, changing, moving, thinking. She doesn't chill when she leans back.

Some people work differently, and Ling Qi has always been someone who is content by learning new things and by doing things, not by 'leaning back and chilling out'.

Last edited:
It's not just about being driven and cultivation though. It's affirming something Ling Qi already thinks: she likes acting, changing, moving, thinking. She doesn't chill when she leans back.

Some people work differently, and Ling Qi has always been someone who is content by learning new things and by doing things, not by 'leaning back and chilling out'.
Yeah, when we see her relaxing? She's composing, reading, watching, or otherwise doing stuff(which feeds into cultivation because all these things are cultivation for her). She couldn't be convinced to sleep until she could do stuff while dreaming with Sixiang.

SCS1 is so overwhelming this vote because ironically for the insight, this is who she is, she doesn't need to change to pick it up.

Noting this is not a rejection of void, silence or stillness. It said so itself, Ling Qi considers those things to be Ending(its literally how FSS's ultimate tech qorks), and that too is part of her.

"There are endings and Endings, only the very last one is final. Just as winter ends in spring, small endings are new beginnings."

Its like, Ling Qi considers voids and silence to be meaningful mainly as punctuation for the music. The wave of sound is constantly in motion, but there must be silences to punctuate the notes.

I'm taking SCS2 because this is the one that seems to fit SNR best which I absolutely want to domain.

I don't like either of the other two enough to want to slot them.

Last edited:
Mmm.

Come to think of it, while on the face of it. "Stillness" should probably mean that SNR is no longer Domain Compatible with SCS Insight 1...

But--and here's the important thing. TRF 2 acknowledges that there is a line that must not be crossed and must not be moved on. In other words, There is still a place for stillness, even if it's not inherently something that can bring happiness or contentment.

So, in light of that.

Hey @yrsillar , just as certain Insights can turn Arts from being Domain Compatible to being Domain incompatible, does that also mean that some Insights when added to the rest of the pool can make formerly incompatible Arts into compatible ones?

I mean, there's definitely some precedent for it. TRF's obvious meaning was about rigidity--but Ling Qi bashed her head against the wall hard enough that now when push comes to shove, the lesson we're taking home are about endurance--or ensuring that our roots remain strong no matter what we do on the surface.

It would also explain why High Quality Arts are so critical--because those are the ones that are complex enough in nature that you can come at them with a lot of interpretations that aren't the obvious takeaway, and learn something new and more interesting from it. The lessons being highly complex and flexible as compared to the one-line 'Moral of the story' stuff that the elementary-level arts contain.

Man we've really got to quantify Art Quality at some point. I guess this is why Xianxia Settings are so big on quantifying literally everything.

[][SCS] Do not slot Sable Crescent Step

I agree that either SCS insight is going to be our drive, the thing that pushes LQ through hard times and obstacles, keep her moving. I like both choices, I was a bit sceptical of the "no barriers for desires" bit, but in the context of LQ's personality and her other insights, I think it will be fine. I'd be ok with the other choice too, though.

[][TRF] Each scar is merely another ring in the making, from past pain arises new strength
[][TRF] Do not slot Thousand Ring Fortress

I think the second option here works well with the domain theme, her home is the roots that keep her in place, the thing she will always defend. TRF1 is not bad either, but I definitely prefer the other one.

[][CDE] Be always watchful. Foes and treasures alike may hide in the gaps in one's perceptions.
[][CDE] Do not slot Curious Diviners Eye

I am rather sad that CDE is getting so little love, imo the first insight is quite spot on - LQ is a curious girl, always poking and prodding at things, and her career choice means that she cannot afford ignorance. The insight could do with some refinement, as it is rather generic at this point, but I think it would be an important step in the right direction. I think it would be great to include something that reflects LQ's curiosity in her domain.

I think that if our SCS insight makes our shiny new much longed for more SCS-compatible TRF replacement incompatible then it's going to be really annoying :(

Like, at the point it's kinda "is the message that we shouldn't be wasting our time on armor at all? Does SCS force us to a pure dodge build?"

I really hate choosing blindly, i'm not sure we have enough information on what these mean in concrete terms to make informed choices.
Just look at different views, positive and negative, that we have seen people take on different insights.
It is realistic, what is life if not a series uninformed choises, but that does not make it any better.

Back