Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
What stops the enemy from splitting even if Ling Qi engages them? I don't understand why it's suddenly a concern in a reactive plan but not in every other one.

Last edited:
"It will be difficult, given their lead," the man admitted. "Our mounts would only slow us in the marsh, but they are also unfamiliar with the terrain and their larger numbers work against them."
"Ling Qi," Cai Renxiang said, glancing to her. "Do you believe that you can halt their advance."

"If that is really all they have, I can probably take them myself," Ling Qi replied with some confidence. "However…"
Red Mook: 'Really? Really? One person against 70+ and they're like 'no problem I can take them.' Man, either she is super overconfident or the Argent Sect doesn't mess around when training their cultivators.'

[x] Plan Control and Capture

I heard this guy was never wrong.

Anyway, I like it because it is explicitely about trying to control and stop their advances rather than fighting them, and while we should be able to fight them our actual goal is to stop their advance. That, and the idea of leaving Traveler's End dome of mists with red and yellows trapped in when we hunt down the ones who managed to escape is beautiful. There probably should have been a mention of getting our Qi back up with the qi batteries (enemies), but I think Yrs will remember Ling Qi can do that.

@AbeoLogos, one problem that I see with your plan is that the Cai team already tried to harass the bandits and were stopped.

"We cannot confirm the third elite combatant, but something is confounding and misdirecting our scouts efforts at sabotage."

There is a question of how good will Ling Qi be at this stuff compared to Cai's guardsmen because even if she is green I am not sure she is well trained enough compared to the scouts.

On the other hand she was given a crash course on this by Liao Zhu IIRC so I am not sure how competent she is relatively.

Also also, any plan that relies on Ling Qi actually killing people fast is probably a bad plan that ignores Ling Qi characterisation. I don't think that the bandits are dehumanized enough that Ling Qi feels free in slaughtering them like the rats.

So, from what I understand of the two leading plans, here are the main differences between them.

• C&C tries to divert the enemy into rougher terrain, while Night Parade straight up tries to sneak up on them and explode our mist all over them.
  • C&C focuses on if our mystery Green makes a break for it, Night Parade focuses on if we get ganked by our mystery Green.
  • C&C leaves the fodder mostly alive, Night Parade straight up explodes the fodder if mysterious Green tries to gank us

On the one hand, I worry about giving the enemy any warning if we try to be clever and lead them to a rougher path. On the other hand, I worry about what we do if we have to face 3 Greens with all our batteries exploded. And then there's the possibility that there may be more opposition than just 3 Greens...

In my fear of the unknown, I shall strive to simplify all possible known factors in order to preempt any funny business. Give them minimum time to react, kick the anthill to draw out maximum response.

[X] Plan: The Night Parade of One Thousand Demons - Final Mix

The lack of specificity is probably good as it allows Ling Qi to adapt to the situation. The lead up to the confrontation seems to make use of our advantages more as well. I like that it takes advantage of our ability to outspeed and overtake the competition, as confirmed by yrsillar.
Adhoc vote count started by Huo Yuhao on May 25, 2019 at 4:38 AM, finished with 281 posts and 44 votes.

• [X] Plan: The Night Parade of One Thousand Demons - Final Mix
    -[X] Approach from one of their flanks and raise up defenses (especially SES and TRF, but getting Persistant effects like one with shadow up and running in advance to shroud us from any scouting stunts). Activate Forgotten Vale Melody at maximum radius while making final approach, scale up to Traveller's End--as fast as we can and hopefully have that shield in place by the time they're in the net. Use Elegy to isolate the illusionist, and maintain defenses and PLR control effects while sneaking Hannyi and Zhengui as a team into the mists to launch ambushes to chip away at the lower realm 'Bandits'. Stall them and contain them by abusing our mobility and stealth to limit counterattacks, but ensure that defenses are in place to endure a potential sneak attack from the third target. Respond to any surprises or us being cornred (Such as a backstab by third target on any allies) by detonating Traveller's End with Joyous Toast boost, in hopes of the paralyze effect giving us a chance to disengage and regain control.
    -[x] Get ahead of the enemy without being detected and roughen their route with ice or Zhengui to divert them to rougher terrain and potentially draw out their veiled problem solver for direct confrontation. Any time the environment is favorable, attempt to ensnare the enemy formation in our mists and target leaders with song and dancers to disrupt rallying efforts. Try to keep up an area perception technique and if anyone manages to escape the mists, or is detected outside of them, leave the Travellers End reinforced mists behind to pursue immediately. Keep our spirits close in case of emergencies, but trust them to keep watch over shed mists if necessary.
    [X] Plan If It Bleeds...
    -[X] Lean on all your skills to turn into a shadow and track the source of the false trails, the assassin who undou btedly serves as the trump card of that raiding force using your superior speed. Once you've located his inevitable location around his fellows, use all your skills in perception, tracking, and stealth to locate him remembering the techniques favored by Lu Feng (For obviously this is what Sun Liling was taunting you with) and ambush the assassin with your Spirits. Once you've engaged the assassin, begin preparing your full suite of arts for mass combat, then once you've confirmed the kill, take them with you to attack the main force by dropping Zhengui and Hanyi on them from above, while using PLR and Elegy of the Lost to isolate the relevant combatants, specifically the illusionist, and crush them with FVMs ultimate technique before holding out as best you can until reinforcements arrive.
    -[X] Approach to within sight of the targets from one of their flanks and raise up defenses (especially SES and TRF, but getting persistents up and running in advance) and then activate Forgotten Vale Melody at maximum radius while making final approach, scale up to Traveller's End--timed to complete this as we make contact. Use Elegy to isolate the illusionist, and maintain defenses and PLR control effects while sneaking Hannyi and Zhengui as a team into the mists to launch ambushes to chip away at the lower realm 'Bandits'. Stall them and contain them by abusing our mobility and stealth, but ensure that defenses are in place to endure a potential sneak attack from the third target. Respond to any surprises (Such as a backstab by third target on any allies) by detonating Traveller's End--boosted through Joyous Toast and Sixiang's support, and if anything remains intact, use all means necessary to contain any survivors until Renxiang and reinforcements arrive.
    [X] Alpha Strike 2.0
    -[X]while still out of range, set up the Full FVM art to maximum range (Very Far) and use JT to boost Travellers End to Rank A/Damage A. In addition use TRF and SCS to prepare our defense. Then use our superior speed to catch up to the enemy group and trigger the Travellers End AoE once the entire group is caught. Then release and team up with our Spirits and use PLR to fight and capture the Green opponents. If Sixiang doesnt need to dispel, have them boost PLRs Resist. If the plan fails, fight defensive to delay until reinforcement arrives.
    [X] Plan: Wait Them Out
    -[x] Set up mists between the enemy and the border and hide within them. Retreat if pressed by a prepared offense. Push back when enemy enhancement techniques weaken, or if the enemy makes significant progress to the border. If the enemy splits up, defeat in detail. If a battle is inevitable, hold nothing back.
    [x]

[x]
Overtake the bandits, and Prepare an ambush
Make it look like an angry spirit.
With her fog, anyone below green will become a liability, and the elites will need to slow down as well.

Night Parade straight up explodes the fodder if mysterious Green tries to gank us
No
The user may choose to end the melody at any time after Travelers End has been used. If they do so, the song reaches its finale, and all other techniques of the Forgotten Vale are ended as well. All who were still lost within the mist suffer an immediate spiritual attack of great magnitude, an echo of the travelers death in that far away vale. Those damaged by this attack may be paralyzed utterly by the assault, if their composure is too weak.
TE doesn't kill only paralyze. We get plenty of captives.

Last edited:
Heck, with the way HC works now if we toss that around people are gonna die.
I mean, even dissonance is going to kill reds. People are going to die.
So, from what I understand of the two leading plans, here are the main differences between them.

• C&C tries to divert the enemy into rougher terrain, while Night Parade straight up tries to sneak up on them and explode our mist all over them.
  • C&C focuses on if our mystery Green makes a break for it, Night Parade focuses on if we get ganked by our mystery Green.
  • C&C leaves the fodder mostly alive, Night Parade straight up explodes the fodder if mysterious Green tries to gank us

On the one hand, I worry about giving the enemy any warning if we try to be clever and lead them to a rougher path. On the other hand, I worry about what we do if we have to face 3 Greens with all our batteries exploded. And then there's the possibility that there may be more opposition than just 3 Greens...

In my fear of the unknown, I shall strive to simplify all possible known factors in order to preempt any funny business. Give them minimum time to react, kick the anthill to draw out maximum response.

I prefer Control Plan because it concerns itself the most about making sure we really don't let anyone escape in case they split up/etc, while Night Parade Plan focus more on taking them down and making Ling Qi self, rather than making sure no one escapes.

And as an aside, I think this vote demonstrated why I don't actually like splitting discussion between the thread and a Discord server, because people were trying to plan without information and people were getting unnecessarily heated.

Last edited:
Back