Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Theres no way LQ could have just "went on adventures and had a grand ol time" in this setting. It doesnt work like that .

I mean, she'd have to head past the frontiers but it was definitely possible- just have to stay yellow/green and get ignored by the powers that be. Finish service, abandon (take long vacations from) the estate, do what you want. We got a sense of that in snow-mom's trial.

[X] The ethereal green lights of the Grinning Moon.
{Laughing Flight of the Wind Thief; Mobility and Stealth Art}

I want to be Cai's left hand, not her right.

and not even one that's drawn the eye of a specific master to apprentice

Sorry, did you miss Elder Jiao making it clear he's interested in taking us as his student after only a month in the sect? I mean, your general point is still largely relevant - we are a little unsure how exactly we stack up, although we know that most cultivators get stuck in green - but this specifically is missing that we have already gotten that offer. We also know that we're probably not going to get it again, because that kind of thing is a lifetime offer that has you sticking with the sect, which would interfere with working for the Cai.

[X] The pale grey lights of the Hidden Moon

Stealth kind of bores me, but that's not why I'm voting for this; I've said in the past I will vote for anything that has a chance of enhancing Ling Qi's hair-sparkles, and I stand by that statement.

Last edited:
Sorry, did you miss Elder Jiao making it clear he's interested in taking us as his student after only a month in the sect? I mean, your general point is still largely relevant - we are a little unsure how exactly we stack up, although we know that most cultivators get stuck in green - but this specifically is missing that we have already gotten that offer. We also know that we're probably not going to get it again, because that kind of thing is a lifetime offer that has you sticking with the sect, which would interfere with working for the

Stealth kind of bores me, but that's not why I'm voting for this; I've said in the past I will vote for anything that has a chance of enhancing Ling Qi's hair-sparkles, and I stand by that statement.

I think this is just a different character interpretation - I saw him making the offer as 'maybe, I guess, if you're interesting later, I might, mostly because the moon likes you.' I saw it as a very half-hearted offer.

I know the discussion has gone on and I'm late to the party, but I wanted to comment on this - not at you directly, just using this comment as a springboard - do any of us think Ling Qi is a powerful cultivator, yet? It's obvious she has good potential and speed of growth, but she's still only a second year apprentice, and not even one that's drawn the eye of a specific master to apprentice, just standard lessons and challenges. 'Powerful compared to a mortal' isn't powerful as a cultivator, is it?

I wasn't here for the Cai vote either, but it does provide us with more personal control of our situation than heading for basic military service. I don't like that the job doesn't have an end date, but since Ling Qi will have her own estate and future husband-to-be-arranged, it can't just be standing around at Cai's side looking helpful.

I wouldn't mind some future clarity on what Ling Qi's role will be, but I don't think Cai knows yet - does she want a bard or a spymaster? If Ling Qi becomes one or the other, is that better? Is both better? Cai's still figuring this out, too.

I see direct Cai vassalage as somewhat out of character, but with purpose - it's a very direct way to get lessons in politics she'll need to be a good noble, and Ling Qi is nothing if not motivated to get the best education possible at whatever she wants/needs to do. If politics is what she's going to have to do, she's going to be great at politics.

In terms of how powerful she is, I'd say we are at a decent rate. I mean, last turn we just froze sword dude's fingers off and almost got him killed. While we are still a bit behind from the ducals (basing this off of Xuan Shi's stats), we're also in a secure place in terms of power, to the point that I doubt either Ji Rong or Kang Zihao (who's from a count+ clan) could beat us. Talent aside, she's also pretty lucky in her gains (i.e. this arc). The fact that Ling Qi was able to get fourth place in the tournament speaks for itself, only being beaten by ducals, and she's projected by the math cabals to reach Green 5 before intersect tournament, which is out of the norm (though not wholly unique).

As for future roles, why not both? She can be a diplomat bard while still having the skills of a spy. Admittedly I don't exactly know what CRX plans for us in the future, aside from border fief, so that's up to Yrs to answer (heck, it could be like what you said, she doesn't know yet). Regardless, I'm looking forward to what Yrs plans for us.

I want to be Cai's left hand, not her right.
Isn't that what she is right now

I think this is just a different character interpretation - I saw him making the offer as 'maybe, I guess, if you're interesting later, I might, mostly because the moon likes you.' I saw it as a very half-hearted offer.

If hypothetically we choose Sect route, I'm confident that we'd be able to get that apprenticeship. Suck up to Xin. Eventually Jiao has to give in.

[X] The sparkling many colored lights of the Dreaming Moon
{Trickster King's Devious Oratory; Offensive Social and Spiritual Buff/debuff Art]

the thing I like about this one is how it fits into our Truths and feels like it harmonizes with our Way:

All things end and the seasons always change so go fly out and enjoy life, the path may be tough but grin and smile and make friends along the way (including spirits). So long as you can return home again with a beatiful story and insight into yourself it will all be worth it.

I would like a social art but it seems to me that what would make most sense and be most fitting would be a musical social buff based off the beauty of the music and the story told therein. And I didn't realize until afterwards that a nice part of such an art would be potentially being able to supplement and buff our liege

Last edited:

Of course, how didn't I see it before?!?

Water's themes are Adaptation, Perseverance, and Erosion.

How obvious that it can Adapt to any art description while Eroding all arguments attempting to state that's absurd rationalization, all to Persevere in our build in the face of never getting votes.
Adhoc vote count started by OneArmedYeti on May 25, 2019 at 6:23 PM, finished with 375 posts and 75 votes.

• [X] Plan: The Night Parade of One Thousand Demons - Final Mix
    -[X] Get in relatively close discreetly, with relevant persistents activated (One with Shadow, perception and resist arts). Approach from the flank while activating Illustrious Phantasmal Festival and our dispel-resist suite, and then envelop the enemy formation in a Joyous Toast augmented Mist of the Vale at maximum spread, with Sixiang boosting the technique's Resist. Once enemy force is enveloped, isolate the Illusionist with the focused Elegy and cycle up to a boosted Traveller's End while keeping the enemy force contained in our zone, relying on Zhengui and Hannyi to assist in this. Maintain this posture as long as possible--moving as needed to re-ensnare or otherwise eliminate anyone who gets lucky, using the boosted Traveller's End detonation as a mass-paralysis contingency if we end up cornered or otherwise need to reset the battle state.
    [x] Plan Control and Capture
    -[x] Get ahead of the enemy without being detected and roughen their route with ice or Zhengui to divert them to rougher terrain and potentially draw out their veiled problem solver for direct confrontation. Any time the environment is favorable, attempt to ensnare the enemy formation in our mists and target leaders with song and dancers to disrupt rallying efforts. Try to keep up an area perception technique and if anyone manages to escape the mists, or is detected outside of them, leave the Travellers End reinforced mists behind to pursue immediately. Keep our spirits close in case of emergencies, but trust them to keep watch over shed mists if necessary.
    [X] Plan If It Bleeds...
    -[X] Lean on all your skills to turn into a shadow and track the source of the false trails, the assassin who undou btedly serves as the trump card of that raiding force using your superior speed. Once you've located his inevitable location around his fellows, use all your skills in perception, tracking, and stealth to locate him remembering the techniques favored by Lu Feng (For obviously this is what Sun Liling was taunting you with) and ambush the assassin with your Spirits. Once you've engaged the assassin, begin preparing your full suite of arts for mass combat, then once you've confirmed the kill, take them with you to attack the main force by dropping Zhengui and Hanyi on them from above, while using PLR and Elegy of the Lost to isolate the relevant combatants, specifically the illusionist, and crush them with FVMs ultimate technique before holding out as best you can until reinforcements arrive.
    [X] Plan: The Night Parade of One Thousand Demons - Final Mix
    -[X] Approach to within sight of the targets from one of their flanks and raise up defenses (especially SES and TRF, but getting persistents up and running in advance) and then activate Forgotten Vale Melody at maximum radius while making final approach, scale up to Traveller's End--timed to complete this as we make contact. Use Elegy to isolate the illusionist, and maintain defenses and PLR control effects while sneaking Hannyi and Zhengui as a team into the mists to launch ambushes to chip away at the lower realm 'Bandits'. Stall them and contain them by abusing our mobility and stealth, but ensure that defenses are in place to endure a potential sneak attack from the third target. Respond to any surprises (Such as a backstab by third target on any allies) by detonating Traveller's End--boosted through Joyous Toast and Sixiang's support, and if anything remains intact, use all means necessary to contain any survivors until Renxiang and reinforcements arrive.
    [X] Plan: Wait Them Out
    -[x] Set up mists between the enemy and the border and hide within them. Retreat if pressed by a prepared offense. Push back when enemy enhancement techniques weaken, or if the enemy makes significant progress to the border. If the enemy splits up, defeat in detail. If a battle is inevitable, hold nothing back.
    [x]

Of course, how didn't I see it before?!?

Water's themes are Adaptation, Perseverance, and Erosion.

How obvious that it can Adapt to any art description while Eroding all arguments attempting to state that's absurd rationalization, all to Persevere in our build in the face of never getting votes.
Water reflects and shows up in Moon related Divination Arts. As the Hidden Moon is strongly associated with Divination, Arts from it logically wind up being likely to have Water as a secondary

There is no escape

So I just got confirmation from Yrsillar that the Dreaming Moon option means speech, not singing or any music.
If we ever want to achieve the dream of a music/speech combined, we probably need to train shit like this
So Ling Qi becomes a Xianxia rapper?

I know the discussion has gone on and I'm late to the party, but I wanted to comment on this - not at you directly, just using this comment as a springboard - do any of us think Ling Qi is a powerful cultivator, yet? It's obvious she has good potential and speed of growth, but she's still only a second year apprentice, and not even one that's drawn the eye of a specific master to apprentice, just standard lessons and challenges. 'Powerful compared to a mortal' isn't powerful as a cultivator, is it?
Depends on what context your talking about.
In our age group, we are shakily in the top 30%. 7-/10 so to speak because we are so reliant on outside circumstance, cultivation aids etc. but we are managing this by being lucky, hard working and run on a spreadsheet.

In the empire, we aren't powerful. we are probably in the top 40% as a baron. Currently 6/10 with an expectation to reach 7-8 with hard work and some luck.

On the global scale, we're in the upper 50%. 5+/10 with an expectation to reach 6 and some reasonable but unusual luck pushing us up to 7.

We're above average and hard working, basically. Which can get you far, but you're capping out where most geniuses start even when lazy and if they're hard working you just can't compete. Not without upping your genius factor first at least.

Personally, I expect we have a few different avenues to attempt upping our Talent as Xiulan did. The Cai with their tailor-made object spirits might be able to create an exaltation light, or unwoven coadjutor type being that can work as a cultivation assistant and push you up a level or two. In Sci-fi terms, it'd basically be the equivalent of a Neural lace to help you think, an externalised assist device. We've got a fair bit of access to the Moon and might be able to crib, trick, investigate etc. a blessing or two there. Some kind of hard work with our family might be able to create some form of family art that benefits group cultivation within the family and effectively ups our talent by a bit. There are a few other things we might manage as well, Suyin already created that meridian clearing item and might in time be able to branch out to a more general Talent boost.
Of course, all of these would take time, an exceptional amount of effort and some luck. But I'm keeping my eyes out for when the day comes that we need to start thinking about these things.

I'm not sure if you realize how rare and helpful Talent 6 is. Sure, we're relying on many other things as well but talent is the main reason we're progressing as fast as we are.

We're certainly not unique but I'd say our current cultivation definitely puts us far above just the top 30% for people our age. It's possible we're above that level even just within the inner sect. Our cultivation rate is among the best in our peers within the inner sect as well.

The large amount of Reds and Yellows would make us far higher on the empire/world stage than just 40/50%. I also don't see how we'd be on a lower level at the world stage. The empire seems pretty developed compared to other lands, at least as far as we know.

Last edited:
So Ling Qi becomes a Xianxia rapper?

Depends on what context your talking about.
In our age group, we are shakily in the top 30%. 7-/10 so to speak because we are so reliant on outside circumstance, cultivation aids etc. but we are managing this by being lucky, hard working and run on a spreadsheet.

In the empire, we aren't powerful. we are probably in the top 40% as a baron. Currently 6/10 with an expectation to reach 7-8 with hard work and some luck.

On the global scale, we're in the upper 50%. 5+/10 with an expectation to reach 6 and some reasonable but unusual luck pushing us up to 7.

We're above average and hard working, basically. Which can get you far, but you're capping out where most geniuses start even when lazy and if they're hard working you just can't compete. Not without upping your genius factor first at least.

Personally, I expect we have a few different avenues to attempt upping our Talent as Xiulan did. The Cai with their tailor-made object spirits might be able to create an exaltation light, or unwoven coadjutor type being that can work as a cultivation assistant and push you up a level or two. In Sci-fi terms, it'd basically be the equivalent of a Neural lace to help you think, an externalised assist device. We've got a fair bit of access to the Moon and might be able to crib, trick, investigate etc. a blessing or two there. Some kind of hard work with our family might be able to create some form of family art that benefits group cultivation within the family and effectively ups our talent by a bit. There are a few other things we might manage as well, Suyin already created that meridian clearing item and might in time be able to branch out to a more general Talent boost.
Of course, all of these would take time, an exceptional amount of effort and some luck. But I'm keeping my eyes out for when the day comes that we need to start thinking about these things.
We wound up fifth in our year in an institution Yrs has analogized to an elite university that only accepts the best. Our rate of growth relative to our age group has never been in serious question, just our current level of power and how well that can protect us on our own.

In our age group, we are shakily in the top 30%

On the global scale, we're in the upper 50%.
...huh?

These numbers make no sense. In our age group and on a global scale both, even a Red level cultivator would be well above the vast majority, which consists of mortals.

Even among cultivators only, the vast majority are at Red. Remember that for every noble, there is likely to be a dozen city guards, and for every army officer a dozen low-level enlisted. Cultivation is a pyramid; each stage has significantly less population than the last.

[x] The sparkling many colored lights of the Dreaming Moon

Combat banter shouldn't be losing as hard as it is, though I continue to expect stealth wraith to win.

Surprisingly tanky Ling Qi is hilarious but now it's expected.

I do wonder how much Ling Qi's activities will be affected by what she's good at. Will being good at conversations mean more banquet arcs? I hope not (not that banquet was bad)... I definitely prefer tomb raiding and impossible missions over snippy conversations, but both will happen so it'd be good to be able to handle the mean nobles.

It's all about which group we compare ourselves with, isn't it? We're a very powerful cultivator to mortals. We're a talented inner sect member to aspiring outer sect types. We're definitely competition to inner sect students our own age and a little above. To duchesses and emperors....

It's just folks were talking about challenging the empire, and in the context of challenging the empire, we're a landless teenage baroness with only a personal household and no armed forces.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I don't remember if we've found out when our lands will be assigned? I am hoping we get very adorable minions - and that we volunteer to help Cai with admin paperwork, to learn about it.

The results of Greed
The Result of Greed
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ling Qi blinked as the grey time frozen world began to dim, and then felt her eyelids droop, a deep exhaustion setting in. Between the running, the flight and the studying, she was suddenly so very tired. As the world grew dark, the three great spirits dissolved into motes of glinting light that surrounded her like a cloud of fireflies. As Ling Qi's eyes drifted shut, she reached out and grasped…

… No. Ling Qi's success had been borne largely on the back of having an opportunity presented to her and wringing every bit of cultivation-related material out of it, even unintentionally. From the start she wanted to room with both Sun Liling and Bai Meizhen - certainly an ambitious request, particularly when they would rather murder each other in their sleep. Even after, when rooming with Meizhen she stumbled into bonus resources just by being herself. Elder Zhou's test was her next step on this path by joining Han Jian's group and then succeeding at finding the doctor in the test that would pass on the first examples of the Moon's favour to us, arising from burning an incense stick to the Grinning Moon one cold night in Tonghou. Those arts and scripts would last her to this day and into the near future.

On two unrelated sect jobs, she would dance with the daughter of a fourth-realm spirit of winter, opening a door to receive personal tutoring from the spirit herself after impressing the spirit with her musical talent and . Equally unlikely, whilst investigating disappearances caused by an assumed illusion spirit, herself and Su Ling find a rogue Cloud Tribe cultivator planning to curse a wide area of the valley below the sect. Exposing the plot netted her a week's tutoring with an Elder and a potent defensive art.

These situations would continue - excelling in an elder's test to gain a month of his personal tutoring, seizing resources from an enemy cultivator that tried to frame her during a quest granted by her Moon-aligned cultivation art. Stagnation was inconceivable to Ling Qi, ever since becoming a cultivator. Few matched her dedication to improving herself and grasping what came her way, by providence or by her own efforts. Perhaps the only time she'd slipped in this path was meeting the King of the Forest, and though the experience had shaken her deeply, it was still better, she felt, to fail aiming high than to succeed aiming low. And Ling Qi had set her sights very high, so high in fact that even her failure would have in it echoes of glory.

So when given a choice of choosing one of the lights, Ling Qi, even through the exhaustion, reached out and swept one arm that weighed far more than it should have through all three of the lights.

Then several different things happened all at once.

/

The Grinning Moon burst out in raucous laughter, even as the other two Greater Moon spirits held some amusement themselves. As Ling Qi passed out, the lights coalescing into slips in her hand, a final parting comment, the voices of the Three blending to one harmonious whisper, slips into her mind. "A person's worth is no greater than the worth of their ambitions. Yours have granted you these three arts."

/

The Grinning Moon applauded her efforts, even as Dreaming nodded her assent but Hidden disagreed, retracting her light from her grasping hand. Two slips formed into being, Ling Qi barely registering the weight on her palm before slipping into unconsciousness, her mind finally relaxing after the taxing experience.

/

The Grinning Moon laughed gaily at her efforts, even as Hidden waved her hand permissively whilst Dreaming disagreed, her light disappearing from view with a tinkle of speech on the wind. Two slips formed into being, Ling Qi barely registering the weight on her palm before slipping into unconsciousness, her mind going blissfully silent after the taxing experience.

/

As her hand grasped all three lights, they joined in her hand before rejecting the other's presence, annihilating each other in mutual destruction. Casting her eyes at the now-severely disapproving faces of the spirits, one final comment resounded, laced with castigation. "Our favour is not so easily used to progress personally, little cultivator. If you push your luck too hard, fortune's muscles might tear."

/

These futures came and went, but as Ling Qi swept her hand through each, the light that stayed was Grinning's laughing, boisterous light, although as she touched Hidden's gleam, a faint memory of a sturdy mantle formed of starlight itself entered her mind with the slightest hint of a smile. As she passed out, slip clutched in her hand, her final thought was that when time came, she may be able to use that final gift from Xin as a basis of an art to make herself.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@yrsillar, an omake.

I was originally going to write this as Ling Qi succeeding at taking all 3 lights (hint hint yrs, Ling Qi would totally try to do it and then succeed because LQ runs on weaponised bullshit) but on Discord Henkalv brought up the idea of LQ failing to get any.

So I figured that Grinning would be impressed at her ambition whilst the other two would be less so but still possible to have them acquiesce to taking more than 1 art, so I said for the purposes of this on a D10 roll the DC's for each art would be DC2- GM, DC5- HM, DC9- DM. The possible futures are the results of other persons' rolls (@Xepheria nailed the roll to get all 3 if anyone was wondering) whilst the eventual result was my roll. I rolled 6,4,7, so while I passed GM roll, the 4 being only a slight fail and Xin being fond of us personally meant she was willing to leave us with an impression of the Hidden Moon's art as a final nod to us.

Last edited:
TL;DR of the above responses regarding relative power - We're part of the student council and have done a bunch of extracurriculars so we have a great resume, but a 15 year old kid isn't gonna get more than an internship position in City Hall no matter what, and running for higher office is right out.

{Imperturbable Starlight Mantle; Defensive Social and Defensive Combat art}

[x] The ethereal green lights of the Grinning Moon.

Hi there, and welcome to the quest! As you probably have noticed by now, there is lots of discussion involved :)
Others have already answered some of your points about freedom and servitude, but I have a thing or two to add that I believe goes in a slightly different direction. To wit:

The problem is that by being involved with Cai Renxiang, this will just lead to more and more politicking and less and less actual fun adventures and interesting situations. I don't know about you guys, but if I wanted to read about boring crap like politics I'd go read a newspaper, not a cultivation xianxia story... I also don't understand why people like to overcomplicate stories with this kind of stuff, when they were already great to begin with without all that.

So, I was wrinkling my brow, reading this argument. Not because of your criticism of the choice to align with CRX, I was not a fan initially either, but have come around since; no, I disagree with your point that politics just overcomplicates stories, who are already great without it.

Now, I think I know where you are coming from, the real-world politics one reads in newspapers are hardly a wellspring of joy, and plausibly something one tries to not worry about when escaping into a fantasy story every now and then. No argument here. But, I would argue, in any story, any world where you have more than one intelligent creature doing anything, you always have politics. You have your protagonist who wants to have stuff their way, and you have other people who also have ideas about how things should be, and that's politics in a nutshell.
So, the moment you have an author/QM who gives their characters/NPCs agency of their own, in any story where the rest of the world is not just set-dressing, but rather that villains and allies of your protagonist have plans and goals of their own - politics happen. I for one would argue that giving agency to non-MC characters is one of the hallmarks of good writing, a story without this tends to become very predictable very fast.

So, to put this in context for this story, you say you don't want politics in your cultivation xianxia story, but... what else is there? The whole outer sect story, from befriending Bai Meizhen to the ultimate defeat of Sun Liling in the tournament, was a story about politics, even multiple layers thereof. You have the rivalry between the Bai and Sun clans, the subsequent side-taking of everyone else, the establishment of an actual (pseudo-)government to curtail the chaos, factions within said government, betrayal, intrigue, espionage, alliances...
Forge of Destiny without politics, all I can think of is LQ sitting in a cave thinking about how lonely she is.

Now, all that being said, I don't mean to sweep your concerns under the rug with an argument like this. In fact, when I binged FoD back in the fall of last year, I felt similarly to what you express - oh no, LQ is trading her freedom for security! But she is the hero of this story, not some kind of mook!
What brought me around was the realization that Ling Qi, for the first time in her life, has friends. And these friends are deeply embroiled in politics, for better or worse. Ultimately, as tough as the decision was, LQ decided that her personal freedom was rather pointless if she she spent it alone. I don't think Ling Qi is in it for money, or title, or anything along those lines. She became a retainer of Cai Renxiang because that puts her in the best position to stay close friends with Meizhen, and help her oldest friend navigate that complicated mess that is in her future. That she is making more friends along the way is great, and while she might never be a sly social operator, that's not too bad, for whatever flaws the Cai may have, they are good at giving people tasks that suit their talent. We will see where things stand at the end of this quest, but I really doubt that there will be a lack of adventure in our future.

And in my opinion, being a famous bard can be a great cover for doing spy work, so they aren't mutually exclusive.

This is actually a common overlap, historically. The more successful bards, those who would write for and about rulers and politics, were by nature influential figures, well-informed about any important events. They would often work as diplomats, spies and entertainers at once.

Last edited:
I agree with what other people are saying. I think people are not understanding our position of strength. In all honest truth we are still a baby cultivator and noble, but our current achievements are enough to both be awarded a rank and be scouted by other parties. The argent sect isn't some no name sect, it's not normal Xianxia where the character starts out in some scrub sect. There were some of the highest class heirs there, that's not something common at all. More than that we finished 4 in a tournament involving all of these high ranking people. In all truth only the ducal heirs are currently beyond us, and it's not and immeasurable difference. We keep going as we are and we might be able to win a battle with one of them. There was that scene not too long ago where we were sparring with Cai. Both of us were not truly trying but we still have her a struggle. For our age group the ducal heirs, are the 1%. We aren't there yet but we are definitely getting closer to that level. And our cultivation is at an extremely fast speed, we are not true genius but we are extremely close. Ji Rong can be considered a genius and we still beat him. Of course there were other circumstances but we still did it. Even with the inner sect movements only the heirs are beyond us in our year group.

Even with all of that we are still a small cultivator in the scheme of things.

In all truth only the ducal heirs are currently beyond us, and it's not and immeasurable difference. We keep going as we are and we might be able to win a battle with one of them.

I agree with you but I think you're underrating the ducals here. They have better arts and have been keeping up with our rate of cultivation. I personally think we'll overtake them at some point, but it's very possible we don't. It's also possible Ji Rong surpasses us since he has better talent.

I agree with you but I think you're underrating the ducals here. They have better arts and have been keeping up with our rate of cultivation. I personally think we'll overtake them at some point, but it's very possible we don't. It's also possible Ji Rong surpasses us since he has better talent.

No I agree completely. I might have said that wrong. It's still my point though, those heirs are the cream of the crop of the empire. Superior resources, arts, cultivation, connections. Basically the best possible starting point in truth. And I still think us winning is unlikely, I said might. And only in our field, which none of the ones we know of have. Like if we were mainly a fighter or defensive it would be much harder. And about Ji Rong...I think he makes suboptimal choices. Like in the beginning, he didn't really improve his Qi. He kinda bulldozes ahead. I also think we are a bad matchup for him anyway, but even if he had a talent of 8 I think we still could have won the tournament fight. It's why I think we should be able to remain ahead of him.

Edit: that might be a little too cocky. Also on another note I wonder what a normal ducal heirs talent is.

Last edited:
Back