Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
I think the spreading art quest is deeply dangerous for our position given our recent duel. I favor the other options more.

I must be in a weird headspace because that read like some rose coloured contact lenses being sewn onto Ling Qi, to me. The brothel wasn't that bad after all?

Yeah she misread things as a kid but this seems a bit much. Suddenly the backwater cesspit is just about downright respectable. She killed and suffered and starved to avoid... Almost nothing?

I mean I know freedom's been thrown out and all, character development that still feels way too abrupt to me and I'm salty I know, but this feels like- I don't know what.

It's not that it wasn't bad, it's that it wasn't especially bad. Ling Qi recognizes that the alleyways and the troubles that they brought her are in their way just as bad as the brothel. That passage was about her recognizing that the brothel isn't some special place of shame where the people working there are so much worse off than being in other places and that the girls working there are just trying to survive in what ways they know. It's about her recognizing that the horrible pedestal that she placed the brothel on over the other experiences in her life was incorrect in that the brothel is just one of many horrible places, and not this especial cesspool that she previously imagined it to be

Edit:
Ninja'd by yrs lol

Last edited:
[X] Take the Dreaming Moon's suggestion

Picking this because to me it feels like the one where Ling Qi is most likely to be encouraging people to enjoy life and not be held down by circumstance or the expectations of others. And pushing people to go beyond where and what they currently are is pretty much Ling Qi's thing, not to mention "remind Cai Renxiang to take time for normal human things" being one of her main future roles as a noble.

As much as it pains me to be on this side of the argument, this was always stated to be a doubling down on themes Ling Qi has already chosen.

That means, we need to keep an eye towards what we want to give Ling Qi Cultivation bonuses here.

If this were a purely narrative thing you'd be right.

But it aint
I dunno I kinda think characterization is more important than winning given the circumstances and style of the quest.
Besides that, I think any choice we make here will get mechanical and/or art availability support. There's not gonna be a wrong moon choice that cripples us long term.

I dunno I kinda think characterization is more important than winning given the circumstances and style of the quest.
Besides that, I think any choice we make here will get mechanical and/or art availability support. There's not gonna be a wrong moon choice that cripples us long term.
Maybe

But better to have the mechanics align with how we see Ling Qi presenting herself for the foreseeable future soooooooo :V

I think the spreading art quest is deeply dangerous for our position given our recent duel. I favor the other options more
I think all of them are dangerous. They all involve causing problems for those in power, which in context is probably the Liu or their subordinates (though we can't say for sure).

If you're concerned that art is more likely to lead to us being suspected, then I think we're probably fine? If they suspect that it's being orchestrated by their enemies then they're going to look at, well, their known enemies and people who would like to embarrass them. Which, judging by what we see of the politics here, is probably a lot of people.

I doubt that a schoolgirl a hundred miles away is going to be anywhere near the top of that list.

I think all of them are dangerous. They all involve causing problems for those in power, which in context is probably the Liu or their subordinates (though we can't say for sure).

If you're concerned that art is more likely to lead to us being suspected, then I think we're probably fine? If they suspect that it's being orchestrated by their enemies then they're going to look at, well, their known enemies and people who would like to embarrass them. Which, judging by what we see of the politics here, is probably a lot of people.

I doubt that a schoolgirl a hundred miles away is going to be anywhere near the top of that list.
Ah yeah now you say it I'm realizing we aren't going to just do this publicly and openly. That takes care of self preservation and opens the choice back up. Good point.
Maybe

But better to have the mechanics align with how we see Ling Qi presenting herself for the foreseeable future soooooooo :V

I mean yeah if you want to go full bard dreaming is the obvious choice but I for one am not sold on it.

Last edited:
I'm not sure which one I want, so I choose both.

[X] Take the Grinning Moon's suggestion

[X] Take the Grinning Moon's suggestion

Do we know how many mayor Moon votes we will get? As in choosing between the three spirits and not things like streets or brothel who despite their meaningfulness probably won't chance our cultivation art much.

Despite this quest not having as much stealth I still feel like the parts where Ling Qi acted like a sneak were the best parts of the previous one. Being a Bard gives us tools and versatility but stealth still feels like our specialization and I would like to reinforce the stealth aspect with Hidden and Grinning.

Last edited:

I like all of these, but I'm going to vote for this one.

I mean yeah if you want to go full bard dreaming is the obvious choice but I for one am not sold on it.

We're already going full bard*; this quest sequence is about designing our EPC successor.

*: we aren't there yet, no. We don't have the social tools yet, but we're getting there.

The other thing I'd say is that it feels like Grinning has a significant presence in all the options?

Like, I'd characterise them as:
  1. Grinning > Hidden
  2. Dreaming > Grinning
  3. Hidden > Grinning
The one we choose might be dominant, but sneaky trickstery stuff seems to permeate them all.

Back