Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Family is not one
But connections between souls
With their own feelings

Darkness churns through me
I shoulder my duty now
And refuse my fear

Snow softly settles
As Zeqing ponders the stars
Only to disappear

A/N: So, I'm pretty bad at Hiaku's, but at least I can remember the basic rules better than sonnets or other poems. I hope you enjoy these poems, each one is supposed to represent different stages of the last update. The beginning where we gained our insight, the middle where we shed our fear, and the end where Zeqing began the cycle anew.

So, some fun things to think about (in contrast with the tears of anguish and melancholy that permeated Zeqing returning to her cycle).

We have reached C rank of spirit ken! Yeah for us! That means that it will take an art with the keyword "Spirit Ken" to specialize spirit ken and advance it to the next rank. Now I have very limited ideas on what specialization spirit ken could acquire (spirit communication?) but it's nice to think about! I also have no idea what a spirit ken art would be about. Maybe something like what Sixiang has for talking to spirits? Make us seem more approachable by wild spirits? Another thought is boosting the efficacy of our spirit companions and giving them buffs while reducing their upkeep costs.

With all that being said... it is not something we should get right now. Like, we have so much on our plate that Ling Qi is going to go a little bit crazy with her planning and time management (but she's used to that by now, after all, craziness is simply some strange voices in her head).

Another thought is that spirit companion upkeep reduction can actually be pretty useful for us. It will essentially be three times as valuable for us than for someone with only 1 spirit beast. Given that Argent Genesis actually does reduce a spirit beast's upkeep, we may have an actual drive to finish it and see if that becomes a permanent bonus for us.

Well, this arc gave us an exemple of a spirit ken art. The binding hanyi father intended to put on Zeqing.

Now that art is not something we would have or use for multiples reasons, but it does give us a hint of what spirit ken arts must be like.

As such I would expect as available art, arts that make binding pacts with spirit possible (for exemple, putting a binding that make one spirit willing to defend their familly for all eternity (cough, great ancestors, cough)).

Plan deleted due to misunderstanding on my part.

@yrsillar: What skill would be trained to increase Ling Qi's focus/concentration? Also would diplomacy be a specialty of empathy, or is it a basic skill in its own right?

Last edited:
Page count is still stuck at 514 on the quests page. Zequing has frozen it from beyond the grave, like some sort of vengeful... ice... ghost. Huh.

Li Suyin better have got her ass to Green or gonna be an 800 tier scrub and get left behind.

We need to do some Turtle Boi favors while we're still in the same ballpark of that nerd.

Also want to talk to Mom like woah

[X]Plan: Moon and Snakes
-[X] Pay Household expenses: 6 RSS
-[X] use 8 GSS (4 free GSS + 4 paid GSS) and 12 free YSS
-[X] use high pills (35 YSS (14x25 RSS))
-[X] Eight Phase Ceremony to Spiritual Cultivation
-[X] Physical x3
-[X] Spiritual x4
-[X] Jobs x3
-[X] Meridian Openings x1 (Head, Lung)
-[X] Phantasmagoria Lunar Revelry x2
-[X] Curious Diviners Eye x2
-[X] Thousand Ring Fortress x1
-[X] Sable Crescent Step x1
-[X] Moon Quest x1
-[X] Xiao Fen tutoring x1
-[X] Exploration Via New Moon Sect Map x1
-[X] equip Curious Diviners Eye
-[X] unequip Argent Current

[X] Skill plan: Renxiang needs Help!
-[x] Resolve x4*, Presence x4*, Composure x1*
-[x] Sable Grace x3**, Fortitude x4*, Dance x4**
-[x] Academics x1**, Government x2, Speech x4, Athletics x1*

I put the whole thing in this vote and wrote out all the arts as it's getting tot he point I don't recognize all the acronyms.

Page count is still stuck at 514 on the quests page. Zequing has frozen it from beyond the grave, like some sort of vengeful... ice... ghost. Huh.

I have the same problem, but it only affects my phone, not my laptop. On my phone, I go to unread watched threads of SV, I see that the page count is up to 523 or something, then I click the thread and it brings me to page 512.

1.3 multiplier to darkness arts gained
yrsillar being generous and filling in something people were complaining about again
though in this case it's because narrative has actually stripped us of a bonus, rather than because there was post-purchase regret like when FVM got some of its weird extraneous bits in the first thread
With either full embrace or a clasping of hands
weaponized hand holding

Anyway, is there only one plan because the Discord cabal has already worked things out? What were some of the options they eliminated, and what priorities led them to the choices that they made?

Anyway, is there only one plan because the Discord cabal has already worked things out? What were some of the options they eliminated, and what priorities led them to the choices that they made?
The plan right now does a good job of rebuilding our sect points getting us closer to Green/bronze 3 while advancing some of our other arts. Honestly this month feels like a cool down month were we can take a breath and regroup after the pretty intense last month. I don't know what the discord cabal has been working on but this plan is a very nice plan for a cool down month which is way it has my vote.

[X]Plan: Moon and Snakes

[X] Skill plan: Sweet Moon Skills
-[x] Dexterity x2*, Presence x4*, Resolve x2*
-[x] Sable Grace x4**, Fortitude x4*, Dance x4**
-[x] Academics x4**, Athletics x4**

LQ will cultivate 3 Moon Arts this Month, we really should use this fact (and Silent Stones site)
This Skill plan almost identical to Silence in the Library but with Dexterity instead of Composure. I really don't see any reason to train Composure. It and Resolve have completely identical niche (Resist and Sp. Armor) even narratively.

Wow, people are jumping up
Sun Liling be passing Meizhen, CRX just one down, Xuan Shi just passed all of them

Yan Renshu took a HUGE leap, Ji Rong's not far behind

Holy, Bao Qingling got past Huang Da expy
Bao Qingling getting a 100 jump is :heart:, yes.

Kang Zihao is amusingly fitting, getting to the top spot... of the lowest peak. Still, this will probably means Ling Qi will get bypassed by both Ji Rong and Kang Zihao by turn 6, given that with current plans we are choosing to sacrifice a lot of our combat potential to focus more on secondary things, and as such we are less likely to do a challenge turn 4/5 (no ENM and no Dex A means -30 to p.avoid, -25/40 to s.avoid).

[X] Skill plan: Help with more finesse
-[x] Dexterity x4**, Resolve x4*, Composure x1*
-[x] Sable Grace x3**, Fortitude x4*, Dance x4**
-[x] Academics x1**, Government x2, Speech x4, Athletics x1**

Changes presence for dexterity.

Mechanics mean dex is a much more important stat than presence. It matters for physical avoid, stealth, speed, initiative, and all of our domain weapon stats, while presence is only good for spiritual penetration. It only has a 76% chance on finishing in two months compared to presence finishing in one month, but it's so much stronger I don't think it matters. Our big power spike is end of month five anyway; we'll have time for presence next turn.

Back