Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
The stay down option seems more reasonable to me. Most of the vulnerable people have been evacuated, so there is little risk of civilian casualties. Also, this is still the early stage of the liminal fight. There is no need to risk CRX at this stage because she is more valuable as a leader especially when SWD is about to die and shit starts to hit the fan.

We should also remember that the endgame is the successful conclusion of the summit. We can't have both CRX and LQ out of commission for that.

Also, I agree with the other comments that this is an opportunity for CRX to distinguish her Way from her mother. She is not the Tyrant Progress that rips shit up, but the slow but steady progress.

[X] …And Cai Renxiang remained on the earth, letting loose her light with caution, in close coordination with the harried White Plumes left in the lower valley away from the conflict raging on the cloven mountain. Relying on their defenses to preserve what was important, until the tide receded.

This segment was awesome!

I don't know, we are organizing the Emerald Seas. But what of the White Sky and Polar Nations? Maybe, if CRX takes attention, it facilitates it for them, and since this interruption is "the fault" of a member of the ES, maybe we should pursue "lessening" the impact on the other camp?

[X] …And Cai Renxiang remained on the earth, letting loose her light with caution, in close coordination with the harried White Plumes left in the lower valley away from the conflict raging on the cloven mountain. Relying on their defenses to preserve what was important, until the tide receded.

Adhoc vote count started by GreenReveal on Nov 15, 2023 at 12:20 PM, finished with 187 posts and 123 votes.

Pretty sure the summit is already fucked. I mean look at the mess that's occured. Are they really going to continue the it after this fiasco?

[X] …And Cai Renxiang rose into the sky, and let loose with her Mothers Light, her light. In this nightmares of stagnancy she could feel her opposite. They would come to snuff her out, in exclusion of all else, relieving the other parties involved at cost to herself.

All this has likely done is teach to them that Imperial cultivation allowing Sovereigns to wander around doing whatever is dangerous and they need to be kept away from their own lands.

Which they already knew and have taken steps to prevent.

The real question is how much Polar Theocracy approval this is going to cost us. 2, 3, 4, 5?

Because on the one hand, we've handled this as well as possible and communicated with them every step of the way.

But on the other, the sky is bleeding.

The sky is bleeding, but we are dealing with it.
While this might not be all that reassuring, we are showing that we are taking this seriously and will not accept people on our side fucking withthe agreements we are making.
We are committed, to a point where we deployed Heron General, which is not a minor thing, to make sure a traitor can't fuck shit up.

This is way in the future, but I wonder what will happen when LQ becomes a sovereign cultivator (fifth realm?) because to the White Sky she'll be (rightfully, imo) treated less like a diplomat and more like a sentient WMD.

I do like that words and violence becomes virtually indistinguishable at that level though; we just saw a sovereign being literally talked to death. LQ is definitely heading in that direction.

This is way in the future, but I wonder what will happen when LQ becomes a sovereign cultivator (fifth realm?) because to the White Sky she'll be (rightfully, imo) treated less like a diplomat and more like a sentient WMD.

I do like that words and violence becomes virtually indistinguishable at that level though; we just saw a sovereign being literally talked to death. LQ is definitely heading in that direction.
We'll presumably have to train a successor to go out and do diplomacy with them directly.

6th Realm is where Sovereigns start. Now 5th realm is still largely supposed to not mess with 'mortal' politics going by our conversation with the 'Voice' about Hanyi back at their outpost, but 4th realm at least is probably still in the 'mortal politics' tier for them. Hopefully.

X] …And Cai Renxiang remained on the earth, letting loose her light with caution, in close coordination with the harried White Plumes left in the lower valley away from the conflict raging on the cloven mountain. Relying on their defenses to preserve what was important, until the tide receded.

We have a big fucking werewolf and then another friendly elder turning the game into a game of Red Alert 2 with the whole ASSUMING CONTROL thing. Let's not give them a hero unit that's haring off by herself. We all know how much that sucks when CRX works great as a force multiplier!

X] …And Cai Renxiang remained on the earth, letting loose her light with caution, in close coordination with the harried White Plumes left in the lower valley away from the conflict raging on the cloven mountain. Relying on their defenses to preserve what was important, until the tide receded.

We have a big fucking werewolf and then another friendly elder turning the game into a game of Red Alert 2 with the whole ASSUMING CONTROL thing. Let's not give them a hero unit that's haring off by herself. We all know how much that sucks when CRX works great as a force multiplier!
Does she? GG definitely does, but I don't recall CRX focusing on support/combo techniques. Doesn't she just have her mom's nuke arts?

White Sky has room conceptually for an Emissary God, Ling Qi would probably just be slotted in the same spot as Sudiciaa or something.

6th Realm is where Sovereigns start. Now 5th realm is still largely supposed to not mess with 'mortal' politics going by our conversation with the 'Voice' about Hanyi back at their outpost, but 4th realm at least is probably still in the 'mortal politics' tier for them. Hopefully.
I asked Yrs about this a while ago. His answer:
Yrsillar said:
Generally you're going to step back at Cyan though that is the level where you still often interface between the low realm world and the high realm world

Back