Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
The creature cried out in pain, stumbling away from her with blood oozing from frostbitten patches spreading across cold cracked flesh. The one supporting the beasts was dangerous, but it was a danger in decline, even as they howled and rushed to swarm her again, some of the weaker members were beginning to drop mewling into the sand, exhausted and lethargic from her first use of Starlight Elegy. The direct attacker was dangerous, she thought, as she dodged repeated blows from its spear and winced as a spray of fine purple mist erupted from the point of its spear, sizzling as it seeped through her renewed armor and burned against her skin, but it was a danger she could handle.

The third one though, had likely entrapped her domain weapon, and had done something unknown. She would rather eliminate the variable. She paid for her choice as she was nearly buried by the hoard again. Here and there she miscalculated by a fraction, and she felt the prick of teeth faintly through her armor.
Tactical thinking for the win! Be confident in your assessment of your abilities and skills and move to eliminate the number of surprises the opponent has. Ling Qi is definitely showing that she is learning how to deal with groups on her own. Assessing the most dangerous threat, and moving to eliminate that threat while causing as much damage to the opposing group as is reasonable.

It probably helped that there were only three real variables that she had to deal with and consider, but Ling Qi is certainly learning from her fighting experience and what lessons she has attended.

To me it sounded more as a low impact, choose what you like vote, rather than something with mechanical / story implications. So best snek it is for me
Yes, in that it implies that Ling Qi is doing all these things anyway.

That being said, I would point out that what gets focused on and fleshed out on screen does kinda matter to the story, in that it affects how readers perceive things.

Tactical thinking for the win! Be confident in your assessment of your abilities and skills and move to eliminate the number of surprises the opponent has. Ling Qi is definitely showing that she is learning how to deal with groups on her own. Assessing the most dangerous threat, and moving to eliminate that threat while causing as much damage to the opposing group as is reasonable.

It probably helped that there were only three real variables that she had to deal with and consider, but Ling Qi is certainly learning from her fighting experience and what lessons she has attended.
It is nice to see that she is working on her tactical thinking. Was one of her weaknesses back in the outer sect and in the group phase of the tournament.

It's more than implied, it's explicitly stated.
Ling Qi will be doing some challenge research this month, please vote on what part you would like to see on screen

[] Visiting Meizhen's new lodgings
[] People watching at the archive
[] Assisting Cai Renxiang with party set up
Emphasis added.

We are doing all three, it's just what part of the challenge research we want to see on screen.

That being said, I would point out that what gets focused on and fleshed out on screen does kinda matter to the story, in that it affects how readers perceive things.

You make a valid point.

I would say that I enjoy the parts more when LQ focuses on her friends than her "business-social" / competitive events and would therefore give these moments more weight.

That being said, I would not at all be against developing LQ's relationship with CRX in a less "business-like" direction.

Last edited:
[X] People watching at the archive

Mystery options like this always interest me. Wonder if we'll stumble across Ji Rong there.

[X] Assisting Cai Renxiang with party set up

I will be voting for CRX for the simple reason that Communication is important, especially with the Lady you want to work for the foreseeable future centuries. Also we can't learn how she defines her Way if we don't make the effort to interact

So:
  • Renxiang
    • Arguments: spending time on screen with Renxiang, and visibly developing our relationship with her is important. A problem last year was that we often felt very disconnected from the student council etc. and it was always something in the background rather than something that was visibly part of Ling Qi's life. Doing stuff on screen with Renxiang is important to emphasise and develop our job and relationship.
  • Archives
    • Arguments: Ling Qi paying attention to other cultivators, and realising that knowledge is power, would be important character development over how she behaved last year. It's something that should arguably be shown on screen and developed, especially given its relevance to our recent conversation with Renxiang.
  • Meizhen
    • Arguments: Meeiiiizheeennn~ :heart:

[X] Visiting Meizhen's new lodgings

We don't see all that much Meizhen on-screen these days because a lot of our interactions are in the background now, I'm interested in seeing her again.

I wonder if we'll get anything from the (frozen) bandoleer we got from our kill. The anti-domain weapon thing seem pretty damn useful for the inter-sect tournament.

Back