Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
edit: Vote changed.
I don't want to pick on the common-born kid who got last place yesteryear.

Plus, she reminds me a little of Su Ling.

Last edited:
Our Way bonuses are pretty weak though. That being said, that could be due to our unfocused elements.
Boosting others instead of ourselves, and only a very, very select few is a mechanic that should give ridiculous bonuses due to the restrictions around it.

Instead, it's just a piddly little +10.

So even our very Domain is complete shit.

Meizhen meanwhile can make birds die and people faint just by being near.

[X] Research Disciple 812

There can only be one musician.
[war drumming intensifies]

I don't really like any of these choices for various reasons, but I suppose we're gonna make enemies anyway. She looks like a target we can hit with primaries and contingencies without delving into the secret contingencies, and maybe even bond over music (in friendship or rivalry) afterwards.

As you all know, our true power is friendship, so we need to find new victims to drain wonderful people to make friends with.

[x] Research Disciple 812

Music fight, interesting.
Adhoc vote count started by BungieONI on Jan 7, 2019 at 4:58 PM, finished with 6359 posts and 25 votes.

Boosting others instead of ourselves, and only a very, very select few is a mechanic that should give ridiculous bonuses due to the restrictions around it.

Instead, it's just a piddly little +10.

So even our very Domain is complete shit.

Meizhen meanwhile can make birds die and people faint just by being near.

We have added one Art to our Domain.

Meizhen's Domain is probably as full as it can get (possibly with multiple Advanced Insights), with Insights that directly enhance the domain's focus, and is almost certainly a rank higher than ours.

All domains start off pretty weak.

[x] Research Disciple 812

Music fight.
Adhoc vote count started by BungieONI on Jan 7, 2019 at 5:11 PM, finished with 6366 posts and 31 votes.

I honestly think that picking disciple 804 is ill advised, he is noted to be a rather weak duelist and his greatest strengths are reconnaissance and infiltration, he almost certainly has arts supporting him (plus maybe a spirit beast?) in his areas of speciality. By contrast Ling Qi is a talented amateur with maybe two half of arts supporting her stealth. He is going to pick an infiltration challenge and probably win against Ling Qi.

At least disciple 807 would create a defensive formation that Ling Qi has to overcome, which is far more fitting to Ling Qi's displayed feats and mechanically dovetails with the Stellar Tools (unless he picks up spirit knowledge and then Ling Qi proceeds to win with Sixiang).

Disciple 812 is a music challenge which is Ling Qi greatest strength plus possible collaboration with Sixiang.

TL;DR The 804 option has the greatest chance to fail, I'd suggest either of the other options.

I honestly think that picking disciple 804 is ill advised, he is noted to be a rather weak duelist and his greatest strengths are reconnaissance and infiltration, he almost certainly has arts supporting him (plus maybe a spirit beast?) in his areas of speciality. By contrast Ling Qi is a talented amateur with maybe two half of arts supporting her stealth. He is going to pick an infiltration challenge and probably win against Ling Qi.

At least disciple 807 would create a defensive formation that Ling Qi has to overcome, which is far more fitting to Ling Qi's displayed feats and mechanically dovetails with the Stellar Tools (unless he picks up spirit knowledge and then Ling Qi proceeds to win with Sixiang).

Disciple 812 is a music challenge which is Ling Qi greatest strength plus possible collaboration with Sixiang.

TL;DR The 804 option has the greatest chance to fail, I'd suggest either of the other options.
That's a pretty good point. Vote changed.

[X] Research Disciple 807

Meizhen's Domain is probably as full as it can get (possibly with multiple Advanced Insights)
I sincerely doubt Meizhen's Domain is that advanced. More likely, the potency of her Domain is because she chose an intimidation domain, slotted in an intimidation insight, mastered her intimidation art, and then learned an intimidation-based successor to her initimidation art.

In contrast, Ling Qi chose a group defensive domain, slotted in a personal perception insight, hasn't mastered her sole group defense focused art, and hasn't learned another personal perception art yet.

There is absolutely no need to postulate gross superiority in quality on Meizhen's part or gross inferiority on Ling Qi's part. The differences between specialization and a mess more than adequately explains the perceived potency of Meizhen's Domain.

Last edited:
No runaway winner yet.
Adhoc vote count started by Timaeus on Jan 7, 2019 at 5:19 PM, finished with 6369 posts and 32 votes.

Back