Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
[X] Phantasmagoria of Lunar Revelry (Bai Meizhen, Sixiang, Silent Stones)

Party time

Best possible match. We have to marry this guy.

He doesn't really seem that interested in Ling Qi to be honest, and she doesn't seem to be that interested in him either. Their relationship isn't going to go anywhere.

TBH Ling Qi needs someone who she can actually relate to and feel comfortable around. Despite his temper and his current alliance with Sun, Ji Rong would probably be a decent choice. I just feel like the gap between the cultivator world and the mortal world is too great. It's like trying to become friends with the children of billionaires, except the billionaires grew up with both money as well as superpowers and regular interaction with the supernatural.

He doesn't really seem that interested in Ling Qi to be honest, and she doesn't seem to be that interested in him either. Their relationship isn't going to go anywhere.

TBH Ling Qi needs someone who she can actually relate to and feel comfortable around. Despite his temper and his current alliance with Sun, Ji Rong would probably be a decent choice. I just feel like the gap between the cultivator world and the mortal world is too great. It's like trying to become friends with the children of billionaires, except the billionaires grew up with both money as well as superpowers and regular interaction with the supernatural.
JR is a cocky jerk. Maybe he'll change later personality-wise but that doesn't change the fact that they're on opposing political factions rn. Both of them are very loyal to those factions. JR won't betray Sun Liling and she hates Bais so by extension, he'll treat Bais too. LQ might not care as much about the Bai clan as a whole but she'll always be fiercely protective of Meizhen. Of course I'd like to see LQ and JR become friends eventually but they would never let that friendship get in the way of existing loyalties.

Lets just take it easy, have a little girl talk, we deserve to unload and revel with someone we love.

The date ended up going decent once music came up and it was interesting to hear about past famous musicians in ES.

She stayed with Hanyi until morning, and that night snow and fog gathered around the little hilltop, save for the circle of warmth at its center.

That's pretty wholesome.

The next level of PLR sounds pretty neat and we'd get to see if Meizhen is wearing any new jewelry.

Some more questions, if I may:
1) What does it mean that music "resets"? Is it because it is too broad skill to develop it to higher level and instead each time it gets to B some specialized version splits off (Vocals now, presumably Woodwind earlier)? Or did I misunderstand something?

2) Regarding romantic entanglements: the scene with Meizhen at the lake a long time ago - was it the result of a vote, or did it auto-resolve this way because of Ling Qi backstory (being uncomfortable with any kind of intimacy) or previous votes?

Excited for the Phantasmagoria of Lunar Revelry, my favorite characters are in there. But I'd like the party to happen first, so we can get some reflections from Meizhen maybe. Sect archive music club first as a transition from the dinner seems like a choice that'll flow nicely though.

[X] Harmony of Dancing Winds, Arts research, (Yu Nuan, Ruan Shen, Sect archive)

[X] Base Cultivation, Meridians (Wang Chao, Liang He, Alingge, Sect Training Ground)

1) What does it mean that music "resets"? Is it because it is too broad skill to develop it to higher level and instead each time it gets to B some specialized version splits off (Vocals now, presumably Woodwind earlier)? Or did I misunderstand something.

2) Regarding romantic entanglements: the scene with Meizhen at the lake a long time ago - was it the result of a vote, or did it auto-resolve this way because of Ling Qi backstory (being uncomfortable with any kind of intimacy) or previous votes?
1) Skills advance to the C rank, after which to rank up the skill you need to specialize. Woodwind and Voice are two specialties that Ling Qi has regarding the music skill. Once a skill is specialized, then the skill reverts back to C and we can begin progressing the new advanced skill.

2) The lake scene with Meizhen was a result that Ling Qi is not interested in women that way. There was never going to be a way to romance Bai Meizhen.

Ling Qi being straight was hard baked into the setting and not up to a vote. We flubbed roles on how to handle it. It was never going to end non-awkwardly but it could have been less awkward.

It's funny, the whole Lake situation ended up being some sort of smooth romantic gesture in Bai culture as it aped the original White Serpent Queen and Fisher courtship. Too bad we're just some nerd street rat with trust issues and had no idea about any of that.

Teens!

Last edited:
1) What does it mean that music "resets"? Is it because it is too broad skill to develop it to higher level and instead each time it gets to B some specialized version splits off (Vocals now, presumably Woodwind earlier)? Or did I misunderstand something?

1) Skills get points from using them. So before we had Music: C (25/25). When ranking up skills from F to C you just fill up the points needed and then get the rank up. C to B needs something else, insight, battle etc. The Music skill then resets down to C (0/25) and we get a new B rank skill, in this case Vocals B.

2) No vote, LQ was straight from the start so no romance was possible. She reacted badly due to the intimacy issues tho.

[X] Harmony of Dancing Winds, Arts research, (Yu Nuan, Ruan Shen, Sect archive)

Back