Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
Please remember that yrs has already said several times that beside the obvious resemblance in character design/visuals, the characters are not stand-ins for Kill-La-Kill characters.

Trying to infer insight into their plans/motivations/character/Backstory from that is a wood way.

Please remember that yrs has already said several times that beside the obvious resemblance in character design/visuals, the characters are not stand-ins for Kill-La-Kill characters.

Trying to infer insight into their plans/motivations/character/Backstory from that is a wood way.
Googles Kill la Kill...

Awesome, I came up with a trope. I just figured she was trying to develop a Bai type bloodline clan

*sigh*

The funny part of this is that the Sect grapevine thought we were the person being puppeted by a dress spirit, but it was CRX all along!
Really subtle yrsillar foreshadow?

Last edited:
Well, I guess it's nice to have confirmation that the Kang kid is a high-nosed shit. No little doubts or worry about all the stuff he went through.

Ji Rong's the face-puncher and name-caller that they all deserve to deal with.

He's also rank 783, so about 27 ranks behind us in the Inner Sect. Which means he's a little ahead of Xiulan and a little behind Ji Rong. He's around the same rank as Shen Hu is actually.

So he's getting stronger, but I'm not sure how much further he can go without hitting some roadblocks.

For those not following the discord, there's a new Kang interlude up on rr from when he's locked up:
Bonus Chapter: Humiliation - Forge of Destiny

This is amazing, not only is he truly Peak Young Master, he's also a straight up idiot. Aside from all the political stuff he thought about that he clearly failed to understand the reality of, he's delusional. Like, I always thought his shctick was claiming the moral high ground whilst spitting all over it as a tactic. But like, it's not a tactic. He's genuinely oblivious to his own hypocrisy.

He's also rank 783, so about 27 ranks behind us in the Inner Sect. Which means he's a little ahead of Xiulan and a little behind Ji Rong. He's around the same rank as Shen Hu is actually.

So he's getting stronger, but I'm not sure how much further he can go without hitting some roadblocks.

IIRC the last time we saw him around the sect military maneuvers time he wasn't looking so good. All jumpy and paranoid.

IIRC the last time we saw him around the sect military maneuvers time he wasn't looking so good. All jumpy and paranoid.
Ehh, I would say that was because of the thrashing that Meizhen gave him. Here's the latest mention we have of Kang Zihao.

More amusing, was Kang Zihao's presence, right out front in the forming vanguard, his sour expression told her everything she needed to know about what he thought of being here. Even as she watched a nervous twitch went up his spine as someone walked behind him. It seemed that last year had done its damage to the boys nerves.
This was a couple of months ago during the Sect's major scouting exercise.

This is amazing, not only is he truly Peak Young Master, he's also a straight up idiot. Aside from all the political stuff he thought about that he clearly failed to understand the reality of, he's delusional. Like, I always thought his shctick was claiming the moral high ground whilst spitting all over it as a tactic. But like, it's not a tactic. He's genuinely oblivious to his own hypocrisy.

When I read your comment I thought you are overreacting, but then I read the piece. I stand corrected, he's indeed an idiot.

To be fair, Meizhen did promise to kill him. And as we all know, it's not paranoia if a Bai is out to get you.
And we decided to help.
We really should bring it up with Meizhen, get some ground plans going on, figure out how to do it without causing fallout for CRX.
Though it's not like we are in a hurry, we could just wait a century while we cultivate some more and getter better spy/assassin skills, i doubt the dude can keep up with our power levels.

And we decided to help.
We really should bring it up with Meizhen, get some ground plans going on, figure out how to do it without causing fallout for CRX.
Though it's not like we are in a hurry, we could just wait a century while we cultivate some more and getter better spy/assassin skills, i doubt the dude can keep up with our power levels.
Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Meizhen waited until Kang Zihao's father loses the Empresses' interest. As is, Kang Zihao is a bit too politically connected to discretely remove, but once that changes I have no doubts that Meizhen will start a pretty terrifying plan of exacting revenge.

But, then again, maybe not. By Meizhen's own admission living in the Emerald Seas seems to have made her a little softer. (Although, not likely that soft to her enemies. She dunked on Kang Zihao once, and she'll do it again.)

Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if Meizhen waited until Kang Zihao's father loses the Empresses' interest. As is, Kang Zihao is a bit too politically connected to discretely remove, but once that changes I have no doubts that Meizhen will start a pretty terrifying plan of exacting revenge.

But, then again, maybe not. By Meizhen's own admission living in the Emerald Seas seems to have made her a little softer. (Although, not likely that soft to her enemies. She dunked on Kang Zihao once, and she'll do it again.)
Well, we should wait until after the war anyway, unless Kang Zihao does something very, very stupid that actually endangers people on our side, in which case we might want to, expedite, his removal from military service.
Mostly i just want to see a scene of Ling Qi and Bai Meizhen having tea and casually plotting murder.

welp... Doggy baddie is truly the most unlikeable villain... Darkie boy is pretty evil, but he manages to be so underwhelming he is forgettable, scarface is evil, but in a more competent kind of way, plus he seems to have at least some psychological excuse, flower princess , for all her bitchiness, is not that evil, you can get where she is comming from, lake dude has not had a chance of actually being a villain yet, just foreshadowing, and puncy thug is not even a villain, really, just on the opposite side. The barbarians and the skaven barely have any personality, and rainbow queen is too strong to even be considered an antagonist right now, more like a force of nature.

And yes, this was an excuse to nickname everybody.

I don't think Meizhen's Way has changed that much since last book. Where before she was an invulnerable terror promising brutal vengeance against all her enemies, now she's still all that but also know the value of friendship and happiness! Of which the former strengthen the Bai and act as a weapon against all those that dare oppose them, and the latter the thing she will luxuriate in atop the ashes of her slaughtered foes.

And we decided to help.
We didn't decide to help. And even if we had, it would be a bad idea because Meizhen is inherently incapable of communicating her plans before they're mid-way, dooming the endeavor to failure by a thousand revisions.

We didn't decide to help. And even if we had, it would be a bad idea because Meizhen is inherently incapable of communicating her plans before they're mid-way, dooming the endeavor to failure by a thousand revisions.
Am i misremembering? Or was it in the Royal Road version?
Pretty sure Meizhen went "i will kill that guy" and Ling Qi went "we will".
Been a while, i could remember wrong.

Last edited:
I'm i misremembering? Or was it in the Royal Road version?
Pretty sure Meizhen went "i will kill that guy" and Ling Qi went "we will".
Been a while, i could remember wrong.
It was shortly after the truce dropped. I don't think Ling Qi said she'd join in, was just a bit surprised how forthright Meizhen was.

Back