This Bites! (One Piece SI)

So bad the monsters in (sometimes vaguely) human form the world over can genuinely be THIS disturbed? I've seen so many "read so and so" fanfics that have a similar thing going to the SBS, just, you know...and a common thing is overreaction.

hmm, It would have to be an omake or flashback, as it it would have to be just after cross joined them to fit the timeline but before lougetown,
but would you happen to have any plans to fit Jango's dance carnival into the story? perhaps as Cross's "noodle incident"?

Well now...that was something.

I do look forward to seeing the ramifications of this nightmare display worldwide. As well as seeing Garp punch that island to bits.

With the coming arc, this should be the first time we see a very large number of people see the Straw Hats following the beginning of the SBS who actually listened to it. It should be interesting seeing how all this changes things, not just the different actions taken by the Straw Hats during the arcs, but how others react, knowing all this crap.

Last edited:
Just finished the chapter and I have more music! Because this clearly fits with the whole 'everybody cheering on the strawhats' section

Forty-three thousand words...?! I can't even begin to imagine how much time the three of you must have spent working on this chapter. And it's only
'partially-canon'...?!

Wow. Just -- wow.

This was downright glorious! Seriously, I was on the edge of my seat for that last quarter. This is hands down the BEST chapter out of this entire story and that's saying something. How the fuck are you ever going to top this!?

I always thought you guys were getting better with each chapter, but this is almost godly! If this doesn't count as professional-grade writing, then I don't know what does. None of you guys are professional, are you? If you aren't you fucking should be!

Ah, it appears cannibalism (or something near it) is enough to make people the world over pissed off at the idea of your existence. Except for Doflamingo. He's still a shit.
Any chances of us turning the world against Dragon's son have just become nil. Perfect."
Hahahaha! Eat shit!

On that note, I'm going to check if I can shove Doflamingo down their throats.

Last edited:
It's gonna be awkward as hell if a whole bunch of people from different factions show up around the same with the same intent to eviscerate every square inch of that island.

So bad the monsters in (sometimes vaguely) human form the world over can genuinely be THIS disturbed? I've seen so many "read so and so" fanfics that have a similar thing going to the SBS, just, you know...and a common thing is overreaction.
Can't speak for everyone, but I know it took me a little while to go to sleep after I saw this:
And I slept with a nightlight for the first time in 20 years when I saw the movie. So, again speaking for myself only, I found it incredibly disturbing. It doesn't help the whole eaten and disgested alive thing is on my list of worst possible deaths. But YMMV.

It's gonna be awkward as hell if a whole bunch of people from different factions show up around the same with the same intent to eviscerate every square inch of that island.

The concept of Time-Limited Truce was invented for just such an occasion.

The only Buster Call to ever have included as many Pirate Ships as it does Marine Ships.

Edit: on a different note, was I the only one to catch that Sakazuki, Borsalino and Kuzan were just about shitting themselves from just being near Garp, during this?

Last edited:
The concept of Time-Limited Truce was invented for just such an occasion.

The only Buster Call to ever have included as many Pirate Ships as it does Marine Ships.

Edit: on a different note, was I the only one to catch that Sakazuki, Borsalino and Kuzan were just about shitting themselves from just being near Garp, during this?
I took notice of it. Garp is frightening when he has reason to want to utterly destroy something...hell, he's scary when he's happy!

Though...kind of felt like Kuzan practically had whiplash with how quickly he's changing his opinion on Robin and such, with the "shame" he was mentioned to feel.

Ah, it appears cannibalism (or something near it) is enough to make people the world over pissed off at the idea of your existence.

Not really cannibalism (as one species eating a different species isn't cannibalism)...

Anyway, here's how I see it:

The outrage comes from the fact that the guy was intentionally ripping families and crews apart and *feeding* them to his "pet", all while he taunted and jeered and laughed at the pain and horror he inflicted, because it lets people taste his "despair".

And as if that wasn't enough, he comes across as even more pathetic when it's revealed that he's doing it to just keep up an illusion of a time long past. There's no "we must do this for justice", or "this needs to happen because I believe in it", no, he was torturing and brainwashing people and delivering them to a painful death, just so he wouldn't feel *lonely*. He doesn't spare anyone; men, women, children, animals... all are nothing more but plantfood for Lily Carnation, in his eyes.

If it had been just a brief mention of what he did, or if these things had happened to some hardened criminals that nobody knew about, it wouldn't have caused such a big stir world-wide.

But since this is "This Bites!" and not One Piece canon, the people of the world *know* the Straw Hats. They've shared in Luffy's adventures and followed them every step of the way since Alabasta. To anyone with more than two braincells to rub together (and a sense of decency), this crew is now a part of their lives that gives them a sense of wonder and a daily dose of humour, which is a big boon for those that live in the shittier parts of the Grand Line and the New World; it shows them that there's still a sense of decency and brightness in the world. If anyone asked "What is Straw Hat Luffy like?", the entire world would be able to answer the question, even if their opinions on him might be different.

Even villains would be quick to aknowledge that the Strawhats are a respectable crew that *can't* be easily broken apart. And Baron Omatsuri just broadcast to the entire world of how he enjoyed tearing them apart. Even Enel wasn't this disgusting, in the eyes of the world.

Heck, *ANY* crew that sails in the dangerours waters of the world of One Piece would understand the need to be able to trust your crewmates to, if nothing else, do their jobs right and have your back in a bad situation (except maybe Blackbeard and a few others). If you don't have that, you're doomed.

It's like violating Guest Right in the "A Song of Ice and Fire"; it's not just a taboo to do something like this, it's a goddamn intentional sacrilege of everything that a crew is meant to *be*. Even most of those that hate the Strawhats retch in sheer disgust at such an act. It wasn't even done for "Justice", it was done for *kicks*, for wanting to see others in despair and pain. This doesn't mean that there aren't a few people who'd hesitate in doing it, it just means that anyone who has ever been on a ship would understand just why the Baron was such a horrible person.

Or at least, that's how I took it.

*Shrugs*

To be fair the guy doesn't really have any big feats for resisting disgust or stuff like that. Not to my knowledge at least.
He does some horrific things, but he's pretty far from not acting dramatic and emotional, unlike Doflamingo. Look at how he banters with Ace, or is terrified of Akainu showing up, or the shit that happened at Marineford when he got scared to hell by Whotebeard.

Doesn't make him less of a scumbag.

It does make him a bit of a hypocrite, considering the moral extent of his crimes.

Blackbeard is interesting because he genuinely believes in both dreams and the bonds between a crew. he goes out of his way to see to the safety and comfort of his crew in manga and even speaks to Luffy about chasing your dreams. its just that if you oppose him or have things he wants he is ruthless and seems to fully expect the same from others. its one of the reasons I like his character as an enemy. he is very much a monster but not one you cant relate to on some level.

He does some horrific things, but he's pretty far from not acting dramatic and emotional, unlike Doflamingo. Look at how he banters with Ace, or is terrified of Akainu showing up, or the shit that happened at Marineford when he got scared to hell by Whotebeard.

Doesn't make him less of a scumbag.

It does make him a bit of a hypocrite, considering the moral extent of his crimes.

I just recently watched the impel down arc? The underwater prison arc: BlackBeards reaction to magellans poisons didn't strike me as all that tough. Yes he ordered the execution of basically 90% of the bottom floor but realistically that isn't all that hard to do and it made good sense. Black beard simply doesn't come across as having all that tough a stomache to me at least.

DAMN YOU SONS OF BITCHES! IT WAS 4 IN THE MORNING! I WAS GOING TO SLEEP FOR THE FIRST TIME THIS WEEKEND! NOW I SEE THE RISING SUN!

My dreams will be full of fire.

Last edited:
The upcoming arc is Water 7, I think? Should be interesting, to finally see a place with LOTS of people touched by the SBS in various ways, actually seeing the Straw Hats.

Back