The Path Unending (A Cultivation Quest)

I am mildly concerned that we could end up with yet another technique to train if we did this.
This is not a bad thing. Kumi said that the absolute best preparation for Farmer's step is integrating as many anam techniques as possible. While the exact number isn't nailed down, to me this feels like 9? 3x per main anam type, with maybe a couple non main techs like Warhound's Cry and whatever other random stuff pops up.

If KZ doesn't end up with a Steel/War warhammer anam art, I'll honestly consider it a massive failure.

He has Steel as part of his core, he has a Steel Wonder, he has a War Wonder, he has a Steel/War (war)hammer Kukuni thing. The synergy is OVER 9000.

I'm anti STM cycling this week, mainly because if there's any kind of thematic or mechanical benefit to Infusing the charm from all our different wonders, then the Second has to be part of that list, it's the core of our build.

Also maybe mental stress 0 would be cool lol.

[X] Where's my Sun?!
-[] You are now a member of the Eighth Circle, and as such, your time is no longer your own. Elder Siani and his Caretakers require your service. (This action counts as 3 Actions. This action is mandatory.)
-[] Your puzzle nears perfection. All that is left is to infuse it with anam. X5
--[] (Infuse at Firesnake's Coil x2, the Thicket x2, then finish it at A Second of Eternity.)
-[] The more familiar you become with the Caretaker's headquarters, the stranger it seems to you. It is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. It has more rooms in it than any simple building should. Certain parts of it just feel… strange. It is time to begin solving some of its mysteries. You will begin exploring the Warren in earnest

Last edited:
[X] Plan: Backlog Intensifies Further

On second thought? Finally learning a warhammer tech sounds amazing.

Damn Kong Zhi gathering potential waifus like gravity. Truly he is loved!

[X] Plan Goodbye, Sweet Kumi

Kumi's leaving? We need a proper send off in the form of a shopping spree! (All expenses paid for by the court of course. It is afterall, a mission) 🙃

Not gonna lie, I really want to resolve that awkward cloud hanging above us and Mei when we left with XY. Plus more info regarding who else are the bigshots within the sect could be potentially useful when we need more contacts to call on later in the future.

@Van Ropen I also like your plan.
But the Mei Daiyu call is strong in this one.

--[] You and Mei Daiyu have been through a lot together, some good and some bad, but as a confidant to trust your deepest secrets you've confided in Mei more than anyone. Show Mei how you Shatter the Mirror, and tell her about how you've seen yourself dying, and the fears you have about cycling time.
This would probably work better as a write-in than a social subvote. Telling your friend you might die while helping them study is the best way to guarantee they fail their exam.

Aw come on guys. We should at least do 4 infusions to guarantee we get it done in time for the contest. Even if 4 don't do it this week, it should be enough to only require one more action next week.

Aw come on guys. We should at least do 4 infusions to guarantee we get it done in time for the contest. Even if 4 don't do it this week, it should be enough to only require one more action next week.
Now that Ves has confirmed the competition is at the end of next week, it doesn't really matter how many we do this week vs next week - it's guaranteed to be done in time.

Only relevant concern is that doing 5 means we have a 25% chance of having wasted an action in exchange for having any benefits of the new form during next weeks other actions.

This would probably work better as a write-in than a social subvote. Telling your friend you might die while helping them study is the best way to guarantee they fail their exam.

@Wynter yeah I kinda agree that you might want to change the wording. Maybe offer her to go do something fun in the future as motivation when she aces her tests...

Like going to the Festival? Or maybe to the spa for the synergy with a future variation the @Van Ropen Finish Healing Plan.

Hmm, as dramatic as it would be to finish AFV right before the charm competition next week, I think I prefer getting it done this week. Give us some time to privately get used to the changes before the big public event.

[X] Plan Indiana Kong and the Regalia of Kings, Fractal Edition

Unless you're gonna die if she doesn't pass, then she has all the impetus she needs :p

But I'm open to changing it, whether that's making it a pure write in action on its own or just scrapping it to do the social pure. If you guys have ideas for the Mei social I'll swap it around

Last edited:
This is not a bad thing. Kumi said that the absolute best preparation for Farmer's step is integrating as many anam techniques as possible. While the exact number isn't nailed down, to me this feels like 9? 3x per main anam type, with maybe a couple non main techs like Warhound's Cry and whatever other random stuff pops up.

If KZ doesn't end up with a Steel/War warhammer anam art, I'll honestly consider it a massive failure.

He has Steel as part of his core, he has a Steel Wonder, he has a War Wonder, he has a Steel/War (war)hammer Kukuni thing. The synergy is OVER 9000.

I don't think we'll get an anan tech out of this action now, but I suppose mastering a physical weapon tech while waving around a spiritual entity is bound to do something.

-[] On your belt hangs a small hammer inhabited by a Kukuni of Steel you have dubbed Chui Dao. It seems to be an affable spirit with a passion for beating metal, but there may be more. You will experiment with Chui Dao and see what other secrets hide within his metal.
--[] You recall the shape of Chui Dao altering when you were about to draw him forth in anger, in your confrontation with Geng Tu. You're unfamiliar with weapon techniques so far, but perhaps you may be able to gain some insight on the Kukuni's abilities by learning? See if you can find a manual in the Archives or something about basic hammer fighting techniques and if employing them draws a reaction.

Would you be willing to change the action to something like this?

--[] You recall the shape of Chui Dao altering when you were about to draw him forth in anger, in your confrontation with Geng Tu. You're unfamiliar with weapon techniques so far, but perhaps you may be able to express your wishes to the Kukuni? You will take it to the Black Anvil and try to wield it as part of the Hummingbird's Dance while cycling War into the technique.

[X] Plan: Backlog Intensifies Further

[X] Plan: Great Teacher Kong Zhi
-[] You are now a member of the Eighth Circle, and as such, your time is no longer your own. Elder Siani and his Caretakers require your service. (This action counts as 3 Actions. This action is mandatory.)
-[] Your puzzle nears perfection. All that is left is to infuse it with anam. (x4)
--[] Infuse it with Anam from all three of your Core Aspects, using the Wonders you've discovered in the recent weeks. It may not matter, but it feels like a reasonable gesture to make.
-[] You have recently begun searching for the Lord's Regalia, the crown jewels of the ancient Moloth people. If anything will have become a Natural Treasure of Royalty in the last several thousand years, it will be that. You have the location of the Jade Lord's Echo, a hall it was frequently used in. Perhaps you will find more clues there.
--[] Your information suggests the Lord's Regalia is brought to the Jade Lord's Echo, and returned quickly. This suggests it is not far from where the Lord's Regalia is kept--however, the information you've gathered so far suggests it's not as simple as just going to the Echo and focusing on your Sixth Sense... Or at least, it may not be. You recall a certain Spirit Boar with an excellent Sixth Sense, perhaps you may be able to trade some kind of food or trinket in exchange for his aid in discovering a strong source of Anam near the Echo? The alternative of course could be some grand endeavor such as with the Lost Armory but you may be able to gain some insight looking there even if this angle of approach fails.
-[] Mo Hanying has begun work on her grand competition and you are in charge of judging the charmcrafters. Six currently remain with one full week of work to go. They are currently all hard at work on their final projects. Perhaps you could drop in and visit one of the finalists to see what they are working on.
--[] Office Hours

I'll pinch Alectai's alternative plan given I think we should take advantage of how great the Office Hours action was last turn given we connected one of the competitors with a high ranking noble. That's a massive thing that should encourage the rest of the competitors to come visit us, and both of the social visits payed off for us there. It also plays better for Kong Zhi's reputation to take a more active role which will pay even greater dividends later on, and establishes himself further. It is also likely to lead to a positive improvement in his families position if he takes a leading role here, given we've already seen indictaors of stuff happening here at the Sect having further impact on events outside of it.

Back