You have like 40 stops so I'd say cut off 15 at least

How about this;
-[] [Tour] Full Tour (4 turns, the entire realm)
--[] Ship to White Harbor
--[] ship to Winterfell
--[] Castle Black
--[] Ship to Barrowton
--[] Ship to Seaguard
--[] The Twins
--[] Riverrun
--[] Raventree Hall
--[] Stone Hedge
--[] Harrenhal
--[] The Eyrie
--[] Runestone
--[] Gulltown
--[] ship to Rain House
--[] Storm's End
--[] Blackhaven
--[] Nightsong
--[] Horn Hill
--[] Ship to Oldtown
--[] Highgarden
--[] Tumbleton
--[] Goldengrove
--[] Old Oak
--[] Ship to Shield Islands
--[] Ship to Pyke
--[] Ship to Lannisport/Casterly Rock
--[] Ashemark
--[] Golden Tooth
--[] King's Landing

Last edited:
How about this;
-[X] [Tour] Full Tour (4 turns, the entire realm)
--[X] Ship to White Harbor
--[X] ship to Winterfell
--[X] Castle Black
--[X] Ship to Barrowton
--[X] Ship to Seaguard
--[X] The Twins
--[X] Riverrun
--[X] Raventree Hall
--[X] Stone Hedge
--[X] Harrenhal
--[X] The Eyrie
--[X] Runestone
--[X] Gulltown
--[X] ship to Rain House
--[X] Storm's End
--[X] Blackhaven
--[X] Nightsong
--[X] Horn Hill
--[X] Ship to Oldtown
--[X] Highgarden
--[X] Tumbleton
--[X] Goldengrove
--[X] Old Oak
--[X] Ship to Shield Islands
--[X] Ship to Pyke
--[X] Ship to Lannisport/Casterly Rock
--[X] Ashemark
--[X] Golden Tooth
--[X] King's Landing
Much more reasonable.

Don't see the need for looking for a husband when the choices are still naeically just Laenor and Gwayne, maybe Harwin too. All of them we coukd meet easily without having every castle try to toss a son at Rhaenyra as she tries to spend private time with Alicent.

I think taking a bit more of a look into potential Husbands is quite important, we need an alliance (and frankly Laenor is not a good option for us because we need heirs long term and very preferably legitimate ones. I'm currently expecting we may be looking at a three way Dance of Dragons right now, with likely Damon maintaining a more Velaryon alliance, and then the Westerlands siding with Johanna's children. I think its not impossible we can turn one of these around (more likely Johanna's because of how much we continue to snub Damon, even though her line will have a stronger claim than Damon's) since we have time.

I was debating Stone Hedge/Raventree, but
Amos Bracken is a romance option and I think it would be nice to meet some of those on the way
and we can't really just visit one without pissing off the other. Blackhaven is there because I thought Highgarden straight to Storm's End was a really long leg with no stops and I wanted to break it up.

I think going to Riverrun / Harrenhal we will get that spoiler character interaction, many people will go to the major stops to see us, instead of us having to go see them.

Honestly the tourney option seems like a huge trap to me, we have to remember that we have huge legitimacy obstacles in front of us and while westerosi society loves martial prowess it loves male's martial prowess. Participating in tourneys would probably end up making us quite a few enemies which would be extremely counter-productive to our endeavors.

Having such a massive dragon around could upstage you and Syrax.
I think this is far more important than it seems, having Vhagar around will make Syrax look like a puppy and the impact in the event of another dance in which Vhagar is against us after being seen by the lords of westeros would be disastrous.

I think going to Riverrun / Harrenhal we will get that spoiler character interaction, many people will go to the major stops to see us, instead of us having to go see them.
This is important to note, it's good to visit more than just the lord paramounts, particularly in kingdoms where they're not the strongest, but people will come to you if you are in the region.

May I ask why you want to bring Laena? We will be upstaged by Vhagar, and also it will be us who will take the blame for the amount of additional resources she consumes at each stop. It will weaken us AND make us more of a burden for those we visit. I think its doubly detrimental. @Temes1066

I think taking a bit more of a look into potential Husbands is quite important, we need an alliance (and frankly Laenor is not a good option for us because we need heirs long term and very preferably legitimate ones. I'm currently expecting we may be looking at a three way Dance of Dragons right now, with likely Damon maintaining a more Velaryon alliance, and then the Westerlands siding with Johanna's children. I think its not impossible we can turn one of these around (more likely Johanna's because of how much we continue to snub Damon, even though her line will have a stronger claim than Damon's) since we have time.
Letting Daemon have the Velaryons is just giving him a winning hand.

Going for the Westerlings instead of a Velaryon alliance is a double-edged sword as if they are strong enough or wield enough dragons to help fight off Daemon and his allies, no reason for the Westerlands to not just back Johanna and her claim over ours.

May I ask why you want to bring Laena? We will be upstaged by Vhagar, and also it will be us who will take the blame for the amount of additional resources she consumes at each stop. It will weaken us AND make us more of a burden for those we visit. I think its doubly detrimental. @Temes1066

I would prefer to keep Laena near, so Daemon doesn't try to marry her, after all he is free to marry how he wishes again.

OK, here is an improved version of my plan...

[X] The Future Queen

IMO becoming friends with Laena could prevent many problems down the line So I think it is pretty worth it...

Last edited:
But Johanna isn't willing to travel while pregnant, so bringing her would mean delaying for several turns, and even setting that aside I don't think it's a good idea to have the competition present on a tour that's meant to entrench our position as heir.
Delaying is fine. We aren't planning to focus on reinforcing our claim to the throne as a purpose of this progress so it doesn't matter if we bring a rival. Rivals will exist anyways. Getting an early start isn't that important. Things beneficial to Viserys's health are, from a meta and none meta perspective.

If so, then you should invite Rhaenys as well since she is the only of two people who can have any say on who Laena marries.

Yes Laena's inclusion is the only problem with @Temes1066 plan to me

But not being upstaged with the biggest dragon in the world in our own royal progress is far more important?

@Dav Inc, would you be okay with bring Rhaenys Targaryen instead of Laena Velaryon. Because I'm starting to think that maybe we could talk about the Laena marriage matter with Rhaenys.

Delaying is fine. We aren't planning to focus on reinforcing our claim to the throne as a purpose of this progress so it doesn't matter if we bring a rival. Rivals will exist anyways. Getting an early start isn't that important. Things beneficial to Viserys's health are, from a meta and none meta perspective.

I disagree, the purpose of this is to reinforce our claim, to make sure that the families know who their lords have bent the knee to as the next ruler of the realm. To be known and reinforce oaths and show our future rulership is paramount here. Also travel could just as easily worsen Visery's health, and treating the Grand Maester as not adept in medicine seems inaccurate, even if he worsened over time doesn't mean they didn't keep him going for many years even if in an increasingly weakening state. Some things can not be stopped, sometimes all you can do is prolong and slow the inevitable tide of death.

Honestly a big Tourney win that cements us our dream of Knighthood is just way better than having Rhaenyra go to almost 30 castles dolled up and searching for a husband.

Husband hunting is a drain on the private time we can have with Alicent and a barrier on trying to make friends without the other party getting misleading signals.

Doesn't really "make alliances" as Rhaenyra can only have the one husband, so we're just wasting time at each location.

@Dav Inc, would you be okay with bring Rhaenys Targaryen instead of Laena Velaryon. Because I'm starting to think that maybe we could talk about the Laena marriage matter with Rhaenys.
It would be far better, even if she brings her dragon, Meleys shouldn't make the same impact as Vhagar would. That said talking about the Laena marriage could risk alienating her but the rewards from succeding in gaining her approval are great as well.

Except for the whole may not give Rhaenyra legitimate children part. Not a path I'm interested in going down with Corlys teaming up with Daemon.
Not marrying into the Velaryon house basically guarantees that Daemon (who we've been spitting at a good portion of the quest) will get the Velaryons on side that much easier. Corlys is too ambitious to not get a royal marriage.

Not marrying into the Velaryon house basically guarantees that Daemon (who we've been spitting at a good portion of the quest) will get the Velaryons on side that much easier. Corlys is too ambitious to not get a royal marriage.

What if we make sure that Daemon doesn't get the Velaryons either?

Back