Instead, you could have tried to reassure him that you would do everything in your power to protect her. Made it an oath even. But what would your words mean to him? You weren't a knight after all. Not yet at least
The Oath feels like such a Nothing Burger action.

Compared to possibly gaining an ally in both Gwayne and Otto, this is just shuffling off Gwayne back to irrelevancy. Supporting both of his children will go a long way to tilting Otto towards being pro-Rhaenyra after the long string of back and forth we've had with him.

Thank you boss, that's incredibly helpful to those of us willing to spoil ourselves, perhaps more so for who's not on there than who is.

*Looks at the list*

...Honestly, I kinda like the idea of Forrest? Like, the dude's called "the fool" because he....just straight up asked Rhaenyra to marry him? Seems pretty baller.

So here's a list of people who Rhaenyra can romance, I'll put those we haven't met under spoilers so those who don't want to know ahead of time can avoid it, please follow suit. Also I need to make clear this is *Romance* Options I have planned, not marriage options. There's a boat load of marriage options, most of which won't end in romance (Unless things develop organically, these aren't hard set). Also I don't want this to turn into 20 pages of shipping wars. And I will probably let you know if it is no longer possible to romance a character.

Just a general question, is it possible that non-cannon characters could also be included as Romance options? I get likely known entities are much more reasonable matches because they are often larger players in the narrative, but for example in our future Royal Progress will there be original characters that could theoretically be successful assuming we the readers also buy into such characters?

*looks at spoilered options*

Well Now

Seems like a Targ-Dorne union is actually on the table :V
And if there is one realm in Westeros which has no problem with women warriors, well...

*looks at spoilered options*

Well Now

Seems like a Targ-Dorne union is actually on the table :V
And if there is one realm in Westeros which has no problem with women warriors, well...
I mean it was always on the table. But it could be legitmate romance.

Like I said, this list is not the Marriage list, just the Romance list, the marriage list is a lot lot longer.

Well, let's say, romance might be a way to override all the political concerns against such a marriage :p
But I'm mostly memeing.

Jessamyn Redfort is such a chaotic option I kind of love it

Pitch up in the Vale like "no Jeyne I'm not here to romance you, I'm hear to romance your girl"

The Oath feels like such a Nothing Burger action.
It's really not. Assuming we take our oaths seriously (and as an aspiring knight I have to assume we do), we shall have to abide by its terms for the rest of the quest, or own the consequences of oathbreaking. We do not even know what, in specific, those terms are. We might well be promising to protect Alicent's virginity as well as her life and limb.

Last edited:
I agree in the sense that while Oath is one of the heavy vows Rhaenyra can take and it will mean something to her, doesn't mean its the best reassurance to Gwayny which is the person we are discussing the Alicent issue here.

Yeah, like the story said, doesn't really mean much to Gwayne.

It's also already guaranteed. The thread is obviously significantly invested in Alicent, and we're already planning to do all the things the Oath promises.

Oath or no oath, Rhaenyra isn't about to throw her best friend away or let her come to harm. It's just words.

Compared to the benefits of keeping Gwayne around in the Gold Cloaks, it's nothing.

Last edited:
Outside of any romance considerations, I am very proud and happy that Allicent is taking her Handmaiden's duties seriously. She is such a good girl.

Also, I kinda want to make her relatively at ease with Syrax, I have this picture in my mind of Syrax becoming protective of her.

Voting closed
Voting Closed

Adhoc vote count started by Teen Spirit on Sep 5, 2024 at 10:37 AM, finished with 139 posts and 59 votes.

Back