What should your focus for the rest of the Quest be?

• Total voters
Voting will open in 1 hour, 20 minutes
I'm working the Numbers right now, as expected, our first turn of Psychic Awakening turned out to actually be a big deal.

Hmm.

All things considered, it might be better to use our "Basic" AP on Researches? Since with Glint online (And we've got the flex for it now), each of those is 2 for one. That's better returns than just one more Mechandenrite AP, I t hink.

But yeah, broadly, we're going to do so much fucking research guys.

I mean, like, just from Green Ships alone there's 15 AP. Obviously, with our bonuses that's less than it seems, but it *will* eat into our 50 AP by definition?

I'm working the Numbers right now, as expected, our first turn of Psychic Awakening turned out to actually be a big deal.

Hmm.

All things considered, it might be better to use our "Basic" AP on Researches? Since with Glint online (And we've got the flex for it now), each of those is 2 for one. That's better returns than just one more Mechandenrite AP, I t hink.

But yeah, broadly, we're going to do so much fucking research guys.
We are activating Grand Design though correct?

I mean, like, just from Green Ships alone there's 15 AP. Obviously, with our bonuses that's less than it seems, but it *will* eat into our 50 AP by definition?

We've been crunching the numbers the past few days, we've got enough to easily clear our entire slate and have enough left for the Observatory and some diplomacy work, to the point where we're probably putting all of the overflow into the Necron Ship Studies next tier in hopes we can get one of those Capstones, given the implications that their owner's almost here. Even if we miss the Capstone choice, we'll probably get well into the third tier with the budget we've set aside for it, and Grand Design is going to juice the results up significantly.

We are activating Grand Design though correct?

Of course!

Last edited:
Can we build a second Planetmaw?

We were told we can't, presumably there's wibbly wobbly DRM shit involved that means if we try to build a second one it falls apart or something because the bolts we use are secretly quantum entangled and if we use more than the permitted quantity and their permitted degree of replacement parts, all of the excess with shake into their component atoms once they're load bearing.

Last edited:
We were told we can't, presumably there's wibbly wobbly DRM shit involved that means if we try to build a second one it falls apart or something because the bolts we use are secretly quantum entangled and if we use more than the permitted quantity and their permitted degree of replacement parts, all of the excess with shake into their component atoms once they're load bearing.
That's not what happened. Cooky said we couldn't build a second because our economists were screaming from the first one and that a second would probably collapse our economy. It was literally introduced as something that's supposed to have exponential growth, presumably we'll be able to build a second at some point down the line.

Anyway, here's my plan again. Turns on the symphony, gets most of the research, spends 20 AP on follow-up necron research, gets the warp observatory and some songs/melodies, does a bunch of diplomacy while using mechadendrite for +1 action. 54 action turn!

I might not have internet for some of the day, so feel free to modify. The only things I care deeply about is the 20 necron actions and the diplomacy write-ins.

[] Plan: The Grand Breakthrough - All Necron Tech version
-[] [Psykana] Sing a Symphony (Applies to wealth of labor) (Turn action 1)
--[] Grand Design
-[] [General] Research:
--[] Titan Manufactorum Rationalization (0/2) (1 AP, Free AP, .35 overflow)
--[] Warcasket Prototypes (1/2) (2 AP, .95 Overflow)
--[] Primitive Gravity-Weaponization Theory (3 AP, 1.55 Overflow)
--[] Universally Effective Common Cold Vaccine (0/1) (Free AP, .55 Overflow)
--[] Green Ship Teleportarium Insights? (1/4) (5 AP, Free AP, .75 Overflow
--[] Green Ship Alloying Insights? (1/4) (7 AP, Free AP, 1.55 Overflow)
--[] Green Ship Structural Insights? (0/4) (10 AP, Free AP, 2.55 Overflow)
--[] Green Ship Power-System Insights? (0/4) (12 AP, 2 Free AP, 1.55 Overflow)
--[] Green Ship Inertia Compensation Insights? (0/4) (14 AP, 2 Free AP, .75 Overflow)
--[] Wetware Scout Automata (0/1) (15 AP, 1.35 Overflow)
--[] Wetware Line Automata (0/1) (Free AP, .35 Overflow)
--[] Wetware Heavy Automata (0/1) (16 AP, .95 Overflow)
--[] Wetware Super-Heavy Automata (0/1) (17 AP, 1.55 Overflow)
--[] Wetware Void Automata (0/1) (Free AP, .55 Overflow)
--[] Wetware Civilian Automata (0/1) (18 AP, 1.15 Overflow)
--[] Novel + Experimental Infantry-Grade Weapons and Armor Development II (0/1) (Free AP, .15 Overflow)
--[] Logistical Infantry-Grade Weapons Development II (0/1) (19 AP, .75 Overflow)
--[] Logicstical Infantry-Grade Armor Development II (0/1) (20 AP, 1.35 Overflow)
--[] Ship Equipment Standardization - [2 DP Equipment - Superior Gravimetric Engine Calculations] (1/3) (21 AP, Free AP, .85 Overflow)
--[] Shipyard Automatization III (1/2) (22 AP, 1.55 Overflow)
--[] Long-Range Atevrian Sightlense (0/2) (23 AP, Free AP, 1.15 Overflow)
--[] Silent Shimmershroud (0/2) (24 AP, Free AP, .75 Overflow)
--[] Ears of Hare Bnuy (1/2) (25 AP), 1.35 Overflow)
--[] Twisted Knotted Vinelloy (0/2) (26 AP, Free AP, .95 Overflow)
--[] Newly Improved Psyker Staves (2/5) (28 AP, Free AP, 1.15 Overflow)
--[] Newly Improved Psychic Hoods (0/5) (31 AP, 2 Free AP, .95 Overflow)
--[] Follow-up Green Ship studies (43 AP, 8 free AP, 0.15 overflow) Spending 20 AP on continuing the Necron tech tree. Any overflow goes to Automatization.
-[] [Psykana] Warp Observatory (1/3) x2 (45 AP)
-[] [Psykana] Sing two Songs (46 AP)
--[] PROMETHEAN GAZE - Fire III, Sun V, Star, Death I, Silence III
--[] There Are No Maladies We Cannot Overcome - Compassion I, Hope IIII, Health I, Death I, Justice I
-[] [Psykana] Sing Six melodies (49 AP)
--[] Compassion II, Death II, Justice II, Health II, Innovation II, Wisdom II
-[] [Faith] An Unborn Guide Sought Out (How do we solve what is wrong with the Do Not Enter System?) (48 AP)
-[] [Free][Psykana] Fully activate The Devouring Mechadendrite & Foretold Luminous Paths Seen, spare choirs into Hiss of the Steam Valves while leaving 50 free. (Does not apply to wealth of labour actions.)
-[] [General] Ministry of Subversion, Infiltration, and Interstellar Communication
--[] [Write-in] The Black Cat Buyout (49 AP)
---[] We have been infiltrating the Black Cat Company for centuries, and now wish to use the influence we have aquired and the wealth we can offer to buy them out permanently so they join the Glimmerling Federation in perpetuity.
---[] We will of course share our high quality of life with all of their members, including jeuvenat access to their high admiralty.
--[] [Write-in] Invitation for the Lords of Eternity to join the Glimmerling Federation. (50 AP)
---[] We have been steadfast allies and trading partners for hundreds of years, since the extermination of the Valen. Let there be no further separation between our people, that we may share our medical care, our civilian quality of life and our long lives with them, and have the Lords of Eternity forever join the Glimmerling Federation.
--[] Formal Exchange Of Diplomatic Contacts With The Clans Who Live Here (Turn action 2, general action for mechadendrite)
--[] ISC Access - (Watchtower Confederacy) (Turn action 3, general action for mechadendrite)
--[] [Write-in] Preaching & Propaganda across the Watchtower Confederacy (Mechadendrite AP)
---[] Using our ISC penetrance, spread the faith of the Star Child across the Watchtower Confederacy, preaching of Their virtues and the strength of the faith in the five-fold path. We've got faith orders, mobilize them for this.
---[] Using our ISC penetrance, create and distribute propaganda about how amazing the Glimmerling Federation is, how excellent our quality of life is, how long people live, how incredible our technology is, how amazing our Titans are, and wouldn't it be amazing to join us?

Last edited:
Yeah, I think Neablis' draft is pretty good, apparently there might be some hiccups with the bonus tracking in the research fest, but the final outcome should be accurate since it's mostly "How many free AP did we get from X amount of actions when we get Y per standard action with a starting position of Z" math.

Which isn't hard, just messy to keep track of from the ground level.

I think this is probably the biggest single tier of the Necron Insights package at least, so 20 should be enough to get us to the Capstone unless it's unreasonably high up. That being said, in the interests of hopefully avoiding any salt given our intentions. @HeroCooky , is 20 overflow enough to get us the prize for this tree? Or should we try to cram some more in?

>Error: [Effort.exe] was prevented from running by [10-Hour_Sunday_Inventory.exe]
>Run as {Administrator}: [Y/N]
>[N]
You don't have to update daily. You know, I'd honestly prefer it if you waited a couple days for each update, at the very least, so that we could get more fluff in lore. I mean, I really enjoy the concept but I won't lie and say that it doesn't feel like the majority of the time this can be played on a spreadsheet.

20 *should* get us through the next tier. It's possible ee have to panic and do 6 actions on research next turn to get the capstone, but... We're spending like half our all-X bonus on the necron tech l. If that's not sufficient I don't know what is.

I sure hope it is, because I can't really think of much that would be much more complex than what amounts to being a comprehensive introduction to Concrete Mastercraft (Again, I'm pushing this meme for the bullshit magic Necron tech is capable of despite being completely divorced from the Warp) that the current slate seems to cover.

We handled direct 1-1 imitations of their basic armor and weapons, we're doing a breakdown of the fundaments of how their shit works, I imagine the next tier is refining what we've already discovered, and the capstone is probably going to be some kind of tradeoff between pure power, and compatibility with our other stuff to hope for hybrid vigor or something.

No Autonomous Automata? I suppose that's fine enough, even if it's only "step 1" and not actually making AI -- I kind of feel it's important to military-use Automata, but with Wetware I suppose it's not that bad. When would you guys feel comfortable enough with it?

Anyways, wow, Battleships take 2 Turn Actions to design, that's chewy. We might actually have to devote 3 Actions (thanks Mechandrite!) to doing Ship Design next turn, so we can get a Battleship up to par, then a Temple Ship, and then whatever.

No Autonomous Automata? I suppose that's fine enough, even if it's only "step 1" and not actually making AI -- I kind of feel it's important to military-use Automata, but with Wetware I suppose it's not that bad. When would you guys feel comfortable enough with it?

Anyways, wow, Battleships take 2 Turn Actions to design, that's chewy. We might actually have to devote 3 Actions (thanks Mechandrite!) to doing Ship Design next turn, so we can get a Battleship up to par, then a Temple Ship, and then whatever.
I mean, look at their stats.

Current Available DP: 150 (Base: 120)
Special Rule: 1 DP Weaponry applies only 90% of their [Weapon Cramming] build-up. 1 DP Weaponry has a 90% Cost Reduction applied.

[] [Battleship] Class Name
-[] Sketch (Purely Optional)
-[] Length
- 20.000/22.000/24.000/26.000/28.000 Meters
-[] Width - 2.000/3.000/4.000/5.000/6.000 Meters
-[] Acceleration - 0.6/0.7/0.8/0.9/1 Gravity
-[] Armor - Ultra-Light Starclad-Pattern/Light Starclad-Pattern/Medium Starclad-Pattern/Heavy Starclad-Pattern/Ultra-Heavy Starclad-Pattern/Deus Pattern Armor
-[] Shields - One Refutation-Pattern Void Shield/Two Refutation-Pattern Void Shields/Three Refutation-Pattern Void Shields/Four Refutation-Pattern Void Shield/Five Refutation-Pattern Void Shields
-[] Weapons - (Write-In, Example: Type/Mounting.)
-[] Equipment - (Write-In, Example: #1, #2, #3.)

A battleship carrier 1200 Fighters and 1200 bombers fitted for 10 DP.

@HeroCooky Any chance that we can get an upgrade to N'ommiton Squadron or something, to take advantage of the DP on this ship?

Last edited:

Yeah, I think we're doing enough rapid change for the short term. Let's wait a few turns until we have more choirs and more throughput to deal with the fallout.

I think you may want to specify what equipment we want standardized. And remember, this is going to be for 2DP equipment with the Symphony
Added - Superior Gravimetric Engine Calculations seems like the pick?

Voting will open in 1 hour, 20 minutes
Back