What should your focus for the rest of the Quest be?

• Total voters
Voting will open in 24 minutes
Huh. I wonder what means for the Lamenters new "Battle Barge". It'd be absolutely hilarious to see a group that knows what a standard Battle Barge is react to a Gloriana that the Lamenters clearly think most Chapters have an equivalent of.
There are very few things that bring me as much join as the Lamenters half accidentally stumbling into Legion building. Something which our expansion is probably going to speed up. Since they seem to like having a garrison in each of our systems incase any gribblies show up.

Last edited:
Sibling Wetware Void Automata
These Automata are, to a limited degree, capable of locomotion to allow a drastic reduction in the cost to re-design Glimmerling Hangars, alongside increasing the numbers of these disposable machines that can be carried into battle aboard carriers. Designed to operate alongside and underneath squadrons of Thules, the "Siblings" are imbued with a deliberatly designed pack-mentality further improved by their wetware cogitators giving them a limited animal-like intelligence. Thanks to said mentality, they are fully capable of extrapolating orders goven by their "Big Sister/Pack Mother" (as the Thules who have these Automata assigned to them have begun calling themselves, though the latter words can be exchanged for Brother/Sibling and Father/Leader) and chase after or herd chosen targets into positions that allow Thules to eliminate said targets with ease. Much to the grief of their designers and logistical officers everywhere, pack-bonding between Thules and Siblings occured instantly, reducing the first's willingness to sacrifice the latter a dangerous degree, with tendencies to place the latter over the former forcing a mandatory period of re-training among the entire Star Navy.
Looking at the URL (dead image btw because Wikis) damn, we've got Vulture Droids now! And yeah, humans too easily empathize with things strike again, but overall extremely significant force multipliers for our Voidcraft. This combined with our 4th Gen Strikecraft from the NecronTech is going to be uuuuuuuuuuuugly.

Literal deathball swarms. I look forward to you using Ace Combat music in future updates -- I can't help but feel Megalith Agnus Dei might be fairly appropriate for this quest.

The Warp is based on emotion and belief. Chaos uses emotion and belief to empower their stuff. And now you have a Song that manipulates emotion and belief to depower Chaos-Created Disease.
You ask: "Why placebo?" I ask: "Why not, it's appropiate, no?"
lmao

Hmmmm. Diplomacy might be back on the menu, but I feel people are still more on board for military buildup.

Rest well! Thanks for all your hard work!

To be fair, you knew the Duchy was fighting Dark Eldar for centuries, and never made a stealth fleet to shake them down for loose tech. So that's on you.
We could do that? Okay never mind that. Are they still fighting the Dark Eldar? Not to belabour anything but a stealth fleet isn't necessarily a bad idea not that we should go beat someone up for their tech…but because they deserve to be beaten up

Last edited:
The plans have pretty much converged except for the agenda.

[][Agendas] The Star Navy
"increasing the throughput of Glimmering Shipyards" and "incorporate the technologies already acquired across the Navy in one go". Streamlines and improves a military build-up.
[][Agendas] The Diplomatic Service
"drastically speed up the incorporation of the Confederacy, Black Cats, and Ascendancy", "closer relationships with the Mashan and Duchy" and "the Subversion Ministry would be empowered to seek the long-term and wide-ranging subversion of entire Sub-Sectors". Allies in wars and Passive colonization of unaligned sub-sectors.
[][Agendas] The Celestial Choir

"fully crack the Veil in favor of the Federation and the adherents of the Star Child united under their gaze and stewardship.", probably unlocks a bunch of new psykana we can research, including active calming of the warp. Likely lets us sing symphonies a LOT more.
[][Agendas] The Star-Mechanicum
"fully taking their efforts off the budget of the Federation" Gives research an auto-ticker.

So. Those are our choices, and they're all incredible. I'm honestly very split. They're all good. Scratch that, they're all amazing. It's really a very hard choice. However, I think the diplomatic service and the choir are the sleeper picks:

For diplomatic service it means we'll almost certainly not go to war with the duchy and in fact will be allied with them against Nurgle, and allied against the Mashan against Slaanesh. We'll also integrate the confederacy/Black ash quicker, growing our productive base. AND IT GIVES US AN AUTO-TICKER THAT GIVES US SUB-SECTORS.

The Choir is also great because our symphonies are so powerful, and this is what lets us do them more/constantly. A Cry for the Future makes 7-action turns the norm. Including ones with tons of military actions. So though the Star Navy improves the efficency of our actions, The Celestial Choir just lets us throw twice as many actions at military if we need to, while being more flexible and fun. Also the Great Awakening Choirs are just hitting, and that means we're likely to have about a thousand free choirs soon, and this route lets us utilize them. This is the route to always having a symphony on.

I'm just less hype about the technology & military. They make us better at things we're already doing, but they don't give us entirely new capabilities. I think I come down on [][Agendas] The Celestial Choir, but it's a close decision between that and Diplomatic Service.

[] Plan: The Glimmerlings Awaken
-[][Black-Green Ships] Infused Missile Payloads
-[][Black-Green Study] Give Them Time
-[][As Cats Do] Agree
-[][The Clans Who Live]
--[] While the majority of the Clans that live are not receptive to our words and entreaties, there are those that are at worst neutral to it. Interact with and support them. Provide food, water and medicine so that they may grow and prosper. Study the land and provide what assistance they are willing to accept to enable them to grow more food of their own. If they are attacked by others, weapons can be offered for self defense. In the end as years goes by those who refuse the help of the Federation will be outnumbered by those that see the Federation as friend.
--[] Provide funds and support for Faith Orders to provide medical and social services to care for those outcast from the Clans, and conver them to follow the Star-Child.
--[] Send missionaries amongst the clans to preach of the star child and the benefits of worship. Equip and train them to survive the landscapes, and charge them to watch for chaos corruption, as well as bringing those in need of aid to the Faith Orders for healing and help.
-[][Navy of Eternity] Sell.
-[][Agendas] The Celestial Choir

@aceraptor I liked your write-in, so I combined it with mine. And I'm very much still planning to build up military with this plan - the idea is to turn on Cry for the Future, then do 7-action military turns.

Last edited:
Hmm...

You know what? That's a fair guess to make, and our strong Psykana plus the fact we're about to go up against Chaos makes it a solid option to push.

Consider me sold on it.

No. It is which sector gets a big efficency boost for your Actions for a while.
It means you get stuff for free.
Alright, just looking at Neablis' post--I just want to ask Cooky this.

What exactly are we getting out of this? Are we getting unique bonuses (i.e. are we locked out of anti-Psykana or whatnot if we don't pick it), or is it "just" efficiency bonuses and free drip / shortened AP timers on stuff we pick?

I feel it's the latter, but I feel this is important vote-wise.

Alright, just looking at Neablis' post--I just want to ask Cooky this.

What exactly are we getting out of this? Are we getting unique bonuses (i.e. are we locked out of anti-Psykana or whatnot if we don't pick it), or is it "just" efficiency bonuses and free drip / shortened AP timers on stuff we pick?

I feel it's the latter, but I feel this is important vote-wise.
Unfortunately I think Cooky is asleep. But based on the update, I think each bonus is in 2-parts.
1. For military it's improved ship production ("increasing the throughput of Glimmering Shipyards") and also free technology-refits ("incorporate the technologies already acquired across the Navy in one go")
2. For diplomacy it's better diplomacy ("drastically speed up the incorporation"/"closer relationships with the Mashan and Duchy") & subversion of entire sub-sectors ("Subversion Ministry would be empowered to seek the long-term and wide-ranging subversion of entire Sub-Sectors"
3. For Choirs it's improved efficiency ("breakthroughs in the fields of Psykana") and likely calming the warp ("anti-Psykana, seeking to fully crack the Veil in favor of the Federation.")
4. For research it's automatic research (" fully taking their efforts off the budget of the Federation") & also new and crazy research options ("research of esoteric and wide-ranging projects").

And of all of those things the one I want the most is the Choirs one.

Last edited:
Hmm this might be the analysis paralysis talking but how do we feel about me rolling a D4 and us all going and voting for that hmm?

EDIT: Navy it is I guess
One Autumn Leaf threw 1 4-faced dice. Reason: My analysis paralysis demon Total: 1
1 1

And of all of those things the one I want the most is the Choirs one.
I think that's ultimately fair, I guess we'll see if Cooky wakes up and answers in the morning.

Personally, I get the appeal on wanting to get Psykana going, considering Class Is In Session is so cracked, Psykana is clearly meant to be our most critical core mechanic. It's part of why I wanted A Tribe Named Sword and similar as well -- if we're making a Crusade Fleet we'll want a Military Symphony or similar. We don't have a lot of military-oriented songs (I guess Heartbeat of Industry has it), although we do have a lot of anti-Chaos songs like Paths Without Treason and Dirge for the Innocent.

Like, if what you say is correct, I'll break for either Diplo or Choirs, but if not, I really just think Military is the best idea.

Voting will open in 24 minutes
Back