Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
That, and Joshua was… right. I called into Jeremy, my man in the Clerk's office, and confirmed that I was, in fact, getting more than I was supposed to be. Why? Because some brilliant asshole decided to base how many cases a non-Big Law firm received off of how much money it had received in court payments.

Is this something that is typically imposed by the court, or is Noa getting assigned oodles of work like this part of the 'all hands on deck, extraordinary times and measures' response?

Welp time to call Erik for that bury a body favor because Osborne is clearly too dangerous to leave alive.

I think J. Jonah said Osborne was a dead man as part of the response? Granted, this is comics and the grave has difficulty holding onto some people, but my first read says that Erik's services aren't necessary right now.

Galactus... Galactus DOES NOT WALK QUIETLY.

And seeing the world respond... dear god indeed.

And poor Peter... the Gwen event.

At least Osborn is dead. For now.

Feels a bit odd that the thing with Galactus is hitting her so hard given the combination of metaknowledge and her soul not being a native to this universe.

Feels a bit odd that the thing with Galactus is hitting her so hard given the combination of metaknowledge and her soul not being a native to this universe.
Galactus, to us, is a silly giant in purple with a dumb hat that likes to nosh on pretty fake planets. In universe? He's a memetic hazard elder god that radiates the power cosmic.

Noa is mystically sensitive and she was at ground zero. I'm frankly surprised she's not catatonic. She was just bathed in the death of millions of worlds filled with life and a sentient creature that pre dates the current universe.

Last edited:
Did some math based on the populations in 1990. Assuming the numbers in NYC are representative of the numbers everywhere else in the world (which'd be a bit odd but it's Galactus, so): that's about 3.5 million dead across the US and 75.6 million dead across the planet. In one day. A truly monumental loss of life.

Galactus, to us, is a silly giant in purple with a dumb hat that likes to nosh on pretty fake planets. In universe? He's a memetic hazard elder god that radiates the power cosmic.

Noa is mystically sensitive and she was at ground zero. I'm frankly surprised she's not catatonic. She was just bathed in the death of millions of worlds filled with life and a sentient creature that pre dates the current universe.
Yeah, the sheer mass of fanfiction in several fandoms often reduces big villains to the point of being a joke (even if, when talking about comics, they often manage to do so by themselves), so people forget that they are actually really fucking scary, and that's true even when you can't peer into the true form of one of the most fundamental creatures in the Marvel's cosmology.

Did some math based on the populations in 1990. Assuming the numbers in NYC are representative of the numbers everywhere else in the world (which'd be a bit odd but it's Galactus, so): that's about 3.5 million dead across the US and 75.6 million dead across the planet. In one day. A truly monumental loss of life.

Most likely big cities have significantly higher proportional death tolls simply because cities are fillied with hazards in a way countryside and even small towns are not.

Same way that Noa could tell that Jacques Canter wasn't a mutant, back in Chapter 14/15?

Non-mutants in Marvel have an instinctive flinch/microexpression when they encounter a mutant, due to a weird telepathic virus — mutants are immune to the virus, so it tries to make the infected dislike the immune.
Sublime. Not the stupidest way of trying to justify the constant attacks on mutants and why the whole world seemed to be against their existence after the fact, but it's pretty high up there.

Edit: Basically people IRL started to question why mutants in general were getting shat on by every non-mutant group on the planet despite how useful many of their abilities were, to the point where even invading aliens weren't treated as bad, so they retconned in a telepathic virus the entire human race was infected with, but mutants were immune to, and the virus, Sublime, was basically triggering everyone as far as mutants were concerned.

Then they decided that Magneto was snorting the virus and things went even more fucked up.

Last edited:
Huh, I wonder how McCoy could tell. Smell?
Reaction and word choice.

Is this something that is typically imposed by the court, or is Noa getting assigned oodles of work like this part of the 'all hands on deck, extraordinary times and measures' response?

Part of the all hands response.

For the moment-of death toll, it skewed largely towards the 65-and-up crowd.

Anyone with a neurodegenerative condition, like dementia or Alzheimer's? Dead. Almost instantly. (As an aside, a LOT of football players also died… CTE is real, folks)

But remember — there were a lot of incidental deaths. People who just… happened to get hurt. Or were in a plane. On the streets.

Dependent on a parent who never came home, or never woke up.

Almost 1.5% of the population of New York City died. That percentage held mostly true worldwide, fluctuating down to 0.5% in more rural areas. Spiking to 2.5% in similarly population dense, but less developed parts of the world.

She is only not catatonic for the same reason that Sophie's eldest son somehow wound up in a hospital 30 blocks away from where his car was wrapped around a lamppost.

You shall learn more next chapter.

She is only not catatonic for the same reason that Sophie's eldest son somehow wound up in a hospital 30 blocks away from where his car was wrapped around a lamppost.

You shall learn more next chapter.

Offhand guess; Quicksilver? Theoretically he could have brought Noa away from the danger area and brought some sick ppl to hospitals in the wrong places bc Nyoom

maybe unlikely but it's all I can think of rn

Back