Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
So how did they know the virus was from norm? Just timing, or did the virus leave a trail back to oscorp?

So how did they know the virus was from norm? Just timing, or did the virus leave a trail back to oscorp?

I suspect a combination of timing, the suspciously distracting/personal nature of the attack and also looking at the target profiles of the affected companies. Also the fact that it was the same virus used on all the targets, yet she was basically completely unconnected to the fields the rest were in.

This was an extremely good chapter. It is the perfect mix of seeing the finish line (nailing Osborne's ass to the wall for corporate espionage and bugging his opposing lawyer), knowing how much work is going to take to get there, and the extremely scary reality of how much Noa could still be hurt.

Meanwhile, Pietro is a good boy, and Erik remains a fascinating combination of extremely useful to have around and also kind of dangerous to have around. But also, at his heart, a good friend with good intentions.

I just hope that when it comes time for Noa to actually lay the legal smack down on Osborn, she has a half dozen capable friends on hand to counter whatever nastiness he pulls out when he finally loses it.

I have a feeling this isn't even going to get further than papers being filed before we see Goblin hitting Noa directly.

With protagonist's luck, he strikes right in the middle of her seminar for Xavier…

I seem to recall a story from Stonewall where people who were handcuffed together went to find someone of a similar persuasion, as cuffs, whether incarceral or recreational, use the same keys. This is kind of the opposite, huh.

I love this, because this is exactly the era where leading a company like Oscorp or Stark Industries with cutting edge research divisions funded by military-industrial contracts and the CIA proxy type of scientific grant puts you in a position where you could grasp the potential opportunity as mass computing is starting to become a thing and firewalls are as of yet still being developed and adopted... while also still failing to realize how incredibly risky and incriminating such virtual shenaniganry would be, as Norm's generation is still used to computers being more mechanical devices where computer problems are when some wires got crossed in your fridge-sized engine and thus Norm thinks he's being clever. Just enough knowledge to be dangerous, as they say.

Last edited:
The ko-fi link in your A/N appears to be broken on my phone.

Nice chapter! I always love seeing Noa interact with Erik

You learn new things about people in the strangest ways.
E:
The same virus being found in the computers of Oscorp's competitors and happening right after Norman threatened Noa are pretty big clues, if anything.
The Nasdaq isn't a competitor, thats just Osborn running general spy work. You can often get advantages by learning information faster than competitors and that was the goal there.
Theoretically, his law firm might have been running cases against people at the given times, and in that case they're probably the obvious suspect. Actually proving that Oscorp itself is at fault is going to include a lot more investigation.
E:E: In case anyone missed it, the reason that this occasion really narrowed down the list of suspects to Oscorp and Oscorps lawers and a long shot where Nike is nursing a serious grudge. Is that hundreds of companies are competing with Stark so any of them could be suspects, but Noa has a far shorter list of companies who have beef with her.

Last edited:
hmm. Its interesting that you seem to be going with the more modern version of Wanda and Pietro and them not being Erik's kids. Or at least Noa isn't aware they are his kids if they are.
Noa knows not to take anything for granted. In her mind, odds are they're his kids. But there's a possibility they aren't.

The current year in story is 1990. I'm being completely honest here.

If you want an example, go watch Austin Powers.

The current year in story is 1990. I'm being completely honest here.

If you want an example, go watch Austin Powers.
Huh, that's an interesting rabbit hole. Apparently British teeth are the the healthiest in the world as of 2009, but they didn't care about them being straightened or bleached so they looked funny to Americans. It's a perfectly standard view for an American in the 1990s.

As a Brit who's grown up seeing people with braces and such, your quoted line just threw me somewhat.

When dear little Norman finally lets the Goblin out to deal with Noa I really hope she's meeting with somebody like Erik or Xavier. Somebody who can immediately put the smack down on him.

Back