Mammoth Apostate vs the World 1: "Lost in the Mist"

The artillery and AKP's listed on the smaller map are your garrisoned forces that man the DP 24/7.

Each AKP unit patrols and defends the section of wall between it's adjacent artillery (yep that's only 10 men per large chunk of wall)

(Edit: of course they're 10 men each equipped with an AK and a gustav recoiless. )

Edit-Edit: The reason the arty had not previously engaged with indirect fire was the zero visibility; Sammael is now a larger looming blob in the thinning Mist. Mist he is drawing in to make himself nearly fully solid.

Last edited:
As Mammoth and your elite AKP's are flown in, 2 artillery will be in range to use direct fire as will the 3 inbound Cobra's. If the garrison AKP's are put on overwatch against Sammaels approach they too may get a shot off (at the 1.5 km mark) before Mammoth can do his quick disconnect/superhero landing.

Elite AKP's and inbound tanks will be able to act on your next turn as they aren't designed to 'do' a superhero helicopter dismount and require a bit more time to deploy safely. The AKP's could -try- I guess, no one (myself included) ever considered if the servos could stand the strain or not - Die roll required

Last edited:
I'm always up for trying new stuff (just ask the men who were paralyz... oh wait.) How can you wear a combat jacket and NOT try an invincible Iron Man superhero landing?!?

To somewhat contain my madness let the 8/10 'Burn unit' take the initial plunge if it goes alright have the other elites follow suit.

We are past planning stages... combat consensus is in effect. first 2 like minded votes rule the day.

Shall the brave men of Burn Unit take the plunge? or shall cooler heads prevail? your votes decide!

1/2 for superhero landing ...

Edit: you still need a landing zone chosen for Mammoth, elites, & tanks .

Last edited:
E-4 just outside the DP for Mammoth, on the DP for elites (combat spaced) and the tanks outside the DP flanking to either side sounds good to me! let's do this!

one more vote for placement (combat consensus)

Edit: Must go pickup grand babies (back 6pm EST).

Last edited:
I'll go with BadKatt's idea, since I have no plans of my own yet:
[X] E-4 just outside the DP for Mammoth, on the DP for elites (combat spaced) and the tanks outside the DP flanking to either side

In the distance the Garrisoned artillery and Patrolling AKP's stationed to support them can hear the distant scream of the modified Chinook CH-47 Jumphawks as their pilots redline the engines to get Mammoth (& friends) in front of the approaching Eldritch Horror.

It does much to bolster morale up and down the defensive perimeter berm knowing heavy duty reinforcements are inbound, and it won't merely be a few salvo's of recoiless and and artillery shells versus a Category Four that uses 'magic' to bend reality.

Unburdened with cargo, and with a sizeable head start the 3 AH-1 Super-Cobras arrive in a combat 'V' maintaining combat spacing the 'Smooth Operators' taking the keystone lead position. Cobras may engage with your choice of either thermite rockets rng 5/10/15 (only 1 volley remain after beach defense) or the dual miniguns rng 15/-/20.

------------------------------------------------------------
Breakdown of situation into die rolls available

2 Artillery rolls 1d10+1 Impact/Fire damage. -1 Damage[cauterize] Hits on 5+

3 Cobra rolls Dependant on weapon choice
Dual M134 Miniguns: 1d10+1 Impact/Fire damage. -2 Damage [cauterize] Hits on 5+. -OR-
Thermite Rocket Pod: 1d10 Fire. -1 Damage. Hits on 4+.
(Smooth Operators perk shifts to hit one pip nicer miniguns on 4+, rockets on 3+)

1 unit Garrisoned AKP's when Sammael hits the 1.5 km range (thanks to overwatch)
Recoilless Rifle Bombardment: 1d10+1 Impact/Fire damage. -1 Damage. rng 5/10/15 [cauterize] (Represents a UNIT attack)
----------------------------------------------------------------
After these 6 rolls are in I'll process the attacks; then do the Write-up for Mammoth (& friends) arrival including the results of 'Burn Unit's' superhero landing.

Taking the rolls for 'Smooth Operators' and the Garrisoned AKP's.

Dual M134 Miniguns: 1d10+1 Impact/Fire damage. -2 Damage [cauterize] (picked for max distance)

Recoilless Rifle Bombardment: 1d10+1 Impact/Fire damage. -1 Damage [cauterize]

Edit: 2 more hits
BadKatt85 threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: m143 minigun Total: 5
5 5
BadKatt85 threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Recoiless Total: 5
5 5

Last edited:
Write up inbound shortly.

Edit: LOL, It has been so long since combat EVERYONE (myself included) forgot to roll 2d10 for each hit for Hit locs.

4 hits so I'll need 4 sets of 2d10.

Last edited:
Artillery: hit adjusted to 7, minus 5 base to hit, minus 4 AV = -2 No Damage to Torso
'Smooth Operators' Elite Cobra: hit adjusted to 7, minus 4 base to hit, minus 4 AV = -1 No Damage to Torso
Garrisoned AKP: hit adjusted to 6, minus 5 base to hit, minus 4 AV = -3 No Damage to R. Shoulder
Conv. Cobra: hit adjusted to 8, minus 5 base to hit, minus 4 AV = -1 No Damage to Torso

The Artillery fire! One round goes careening wildly away however the second shell strikes the Torso squarely at nearly the same time as inbound rounds from two of the Cobra gunships. The miniguns tracers dance across the armored torso as the shell explodes. Spotters are sad to report although on target they do only cosmetic damage blackening the leathery hide but not penetrating.

Sammael lumbers steadily forward; the AKP's recoiless fire in unison as soon as their maximum range is reached. They too strike squarely against the beasts right shoulder but are also unable to breach the thick leather.

The Jumphawk bearing Mammoth releases him via the quick release cables, with practiced ease Mammoth sticks the landing and rolls his shoulders threateningly displaying the Tusks swaying left to right and back to center as they power up growing in speed of their oscillations until they glow, and Mammoth waves his arms and hands inward at Sammael wordlessly inviting him to bring it on.

While Mammoth draws Sammael's eye, Mammoth's former ride dips back towards Savannah's defensive perimeter. The 8 men remaining of 'Burn Unit' take a leap from the rear loading ramp at a height of nearly thirty feet above the concrete reinforced walkways crowning the berm. 7 of the 8 stick the landing perfectly, although the impact fractures concrete and rattles teeth, the powered armor absorbs the shock with no ill effects. The remaining soldier is a bit off balance as he lands and stumbles ending in a mighty crash. Thanks to the almost roll-cage design and the 5 point safety harness injury is averted (-1 pip to wear and tear suffered by the combat jackets supplemental armor but pilot is unscathed).

The garrisoned AKP's Cringe with each impact and almost drool with envy to see the power the Elites now wield, it is a jarring discordance of emotion that drive the conventionals of this AKP unit to excel the rest of the Battle. (Gain Temporary morale boost, this conv gains +1 to hit and damage remainder of this battle).

Seeing their compatriots accomplish the feat safely both 'Roy's Raiders' & 'Fortunate Son's' follow. Although not all the landings are -perfect- they do make them 'mostly' upright.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
(OOC)
Mammoth AND the 3 elites may attack this turn

Distance from Mammoth to Sammael 10 units, distance between Elites to Sammael 15 units.
---------------------------------------------------------------

How can you wear a combat jacket and NOT try an invincible Iron Man superhero landing?!?

It's really simple you merely realize you have no repulsers to act as attitude control... My off camera rolls for Roy's and the Sons were Stellar (It could have gone really REALLY bad).

With only 2 Agi and no other bonuses, having Mammoth Charge in probably isn't the best idea. it's possible, but IIRC this game uses 1d10 charge dice instead of TRvsTW's 2d5. We have about 30% chance of success if we Charge now.

Back