Loyalty is its own Reward (A Traitor Legion Chapter Master Quest)

No matter who we pick we're probably going to end up killing Tech priests from the other planet given how much they apparently try to fuck with each other. Especially since both of them want us to do bodyguard missions and help protect their fleets. But the fact that Edison straight up said he wanted to assassinate people is a bad sign. I'm on the fence but i currently prefer Smilnay.

In the Blood Part 1
Okay, I'm done with the first half of the omake, but I've hit a block and want some advice. So I'm going to post the first piece and post a question at the end. I'll leave it to QM to portion out whatever you think it's worth at your leisure.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><>

In The Blood pt 1

Marcus was not having a good day. Which was made worse because he'd not had any good days in a long time, ever since that incredibly hypocritical revelation and command. "Yes, we're descended from one of the most barbaric and contemptuous degenerations of humanity in recorded history who not so coincidentally turned traitor and gave themselves over to daemons, no you're not allowed to do or say anything about it and you're expected to lie through your teeth if anyone asks, you may or may not be especially susceptible to the predations of Chaos because we lied about your geneseed and infected you with a Chaos-tainted traitor's blood, now frak off and get back to your job".

It had soured everything.

Watching his parents work the assembly line in Phobos Manufactorum No. 91 hadn't provided him much in the way of formal education, but it had taught him a lot about how people worked much like machines, and yet not at the same time. Every day save certain holidays their hab block was awakened by a horn and the activation of lights marking a shift change. Every day they put in 12 standard hours of work, and every day they took the time to teach young Marcus what they could. He'd learned of the Emperor at their feet, of how Mankind was destined to make the stars into jewels of Humanity's crown, how courage and honesty were the foundations of a good life. At the hands of his five older brothers, he'd learned other things; how to throw and block a punch, how to keep your head when the other kids threw taunts, how to jury-rig machinery to make it work a bit longer or turn it into a trap. From the other workers, he'd learned the necessity of keeping time and pulling your weight, the difference between lingering and malingering, and why it was important to obey the overseer even when you didn't always follow their directions to the letter.

He learned of how quickly pretty words and good intentions came crashing down when put under stress.

It had started with little changes in their instructions that he overheard when his brothers weren't available to watch him, so he had to play quietly where the workers could keep an eye on him. "Send this batch to Receiving Dock 17 instead of 20". "Caleb is sick, Jetho, we need you to cover his shift". "Shift Command has issued a correction to the schedule, here's the updated paperwork."

Even with his Astartes enhanced memory, Marcus couldn't really piece together the fine details of where and how the situation deteriorated. But he easily remembered the increasing fear, the way formerly strong adults cowered in the face of others like those children who were outnumbered in a brawl, even when they weren't. The way food became simpler and lesser in quantity. The way some of the children started acting less like children and more like the gangers who lived in the streets he'd been told to never go near. The way his mother started keeping odd hours and not answering questions about where she went and why, only to come back showing signs of a seventh pregnancy that nearly broke the family. The final nail in the coffin, the sign that things weren't going to get any better despite his parents' assurances, was when his oldest brother Atlus got into a terrible argument with his father; about what, Marcus never knew, but he could almost hear it clearly from his bunk upstairs. It concluded with Father yelling Atlus' name and a slamming door.

The downfall began with screaming, gunshots, and a cacophonous battle between unholy proclamations and desperate prayers. Marcus couldn't remember much from those short and vicious days.

He would never forget his mother telling him "I love you, Marcus" right before she rammed the electric saw into the abomination clawing its way out of her stomach.

He would never forget his father splattering Atlus' head across the ground with a wrench, nor the grotesque mockery of a human face where his brother used to be.

He would never forget being conscripted by Old Hag, the oldest worker in the hab block, so old that nobody even knew her name. Feeding her cobbled together shells in scratch-built belt links as she worked a heavy stubber older than she was, hands and shoulders and torso moving like one of the great servo-assemblies, precise and consistent and just a bit rusty.

He would never forget his first solo kill, breaking a bottle of chemical outflow on a mutant's leg then throwing a bundle of sparking wires to set it aflame as the caustic muck ate its way through flesh. It had died screaming...eventually.

Two weeks later, the siege had ended, and Marcus spent months being poked, prodded, tested, questioned. He was too exhausted to be angry or defiant.

Then his cell door opened and a faceless woman in red robes with machinery like a halo round her back told him he would take the trials to become an Astartes. An Angel of Death. A Space Marine. The dream, at one point or another, of every boy in Phobos Manufactorum No. 91. Definitive proof that Marcus was worthy of an honor handed down from the Emperor himself in olden days. He was thrilled. Ecstatic, even.

It meant he was clean.
It meant he wouldn't be consigned to the wreckage that had once been a life.

-------------------------------------------

"Marcus, I would request your assistance with an operation. Domitian has informed us that as part of the Constitutional Convention, the Luctusians are preparing to cleanse certain areas to make them safer for travel. If you assent, pick a squad and we'll be taking care of the Iron Hills".

With the ease of long practice, Myrok didn't so much as twitch as Marcus tensed and his hand shifted towards his pistol before it stilled and relaxed. Severus had managed to convince the Master of the Arsenal to stay his blade, but clearly it hadn't actually done anything to ease suspicions.

"It would be my pleasure, Myrok. Where and when?"

"Three hours from now, Bay 1. We'll be doing a sweep and clear with the Razorbacks to catch any stragglers our allies miss, then proceeding on foot into the nests once the roads are clear."

A curt nod was his response. They parted ways.

As Myrok made his way back to his quarters, he stopped at a particular junction. A few moments later, Severus, Karark, and Valzadai joined him. Severus was stone-faced, Karark calm, and Valzadai...was Valzadai. Severus spoke first.

"I do not approve of this plan."
A raised eyebrow accompanied Myrok's answer. "There is no more certain way to prevent this rot before it begins, Chapter Master. You know this, else you would have ordered me to cease before now."
"Of course there is" Valzadai scoffed, "We point Falce his way, give him important assignments, and let time and service ease his mind."
"Oiling the parts does not repair them, brother. If it did, the Luctusian Dusk would be slathered in sacred grease and brand new by now."
"Regardless, the offer has been made and the die is cast. It is too late to back out, and we owe it to our brethren to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that their trust is not misplaced."
"At any cost?"
"At whatever cost the Emperor demands, Severus. We swore the same oaths, all four of us, and I will not let 10,000 years of failure and distorted legends break our Chapter. They will never be Night Lords while we yet live."

So, the question; should I write out the actual plan and how it plays out (the part that's got me brain fried right now)? Or should I skip to the aftermath that's partially completed and put in some minor flashbacks?

Okay, I'm done with the first half of the omake, but I've hit a block and want some advice. So I'm going to post the first piece and post a question at the end. I'll leave it to QM to portion out whatever you think it's worth at your leisure.

In The Blood pt 1

Marcus was not having a good day. Which was made worse because he'd not had any good days in a long time, ever since that incredibly hypocritical revelation and command. "Yes, we're descended from one of the most barbaric and contemptuous degenerations of humanity in recorded history who not so coincidentally turned traitor and gave themselves over to daemons, no you're not allowed to do or say anything about it and you're expected to lie through your teeth if anyone asks, you may or may not be especially susceptible to the predations of Chaos because we lied about your geneseed and infected you with a Chaos-tainted traitor's blood, now frak off and get back to your job".

It had soured everything.

Watching his parents work the assembly line in Phobos Manufactorum No. 91 hadn't provided him much in the way of formal education, but it had taught him a lot about how people worked much like machines, and yet not at the same time. Every day save certain holidays their hab block was awakened by a horn and the activation of lights marking a shift change. Every day they put in 12 standard hours of work, and every day they took the time to teach young Marcus what they could. He'd learned of the Emperor at their feet, of how Mankind was destined to make the stars into jewels of Humanity's crown, how courage and honesty were the foundations of a good life. At the hands of his five older brothers, he'd learned other things; how to throw and block a punch, how to keep your head when the other kids threw taunts, how to jury-rig machinery to make it work a bit longer or turn it into a trap. From the other workers, he'd learned the necessity of keeping time and pulling your weight, the difference between lingering and malingering, and why it was important to obey the overseer even when you didn't always follow their directions to the letter.

He learned of how quickly pretty words and good intentions came crashing down when put under stress.

It had started with little changes in their instructions that he overheard when his brothers weren't available to watch him, so he had to play quietly where the workers could keep an eye on him. "Send this batch to Receiving Dock 17 instead of 20". "Caleb is sick, Jetho, we need you to cover his shift". "Shift Command has issued a correction to the schedule, here's the updated paperwork."

Even with his Astartes enhanced memory, Marcus couldn't really piece together the fine details of where and how the situation deteriorated. But he easily remembered the increasing fear, the way formerly strong adults cowered in the face of others like those children who were outnumbered in a brawl, even when they weren't. The way food became simpler and lesser in quantity. The way some of the children started acting less like children and more like the gangers who lived in the streets he'd been told to never go near. The way his mother started keeping odd hours and not answering questions about where she went and why, only to come back showing signs of a seventh pregnancy that nearly broke the family. The final nail in the coffin, the sign that things weren't going to get any better despite his parents' assurances, was when his oldest brother Atlus got into a terrible argument with his father; about what, Marcus never knew, but he could almost hear it clearly from his bunk upstairs. It concluded with Father yelling Atlus' name and a slamming door.

The downfall began with screaming, gunshots, and a cacophonous battle between unholy proclamations and desperate prayers. Marcus couldn't remember much from those short and vicious days.

He would never forget his mother telling him "I love you, Marcus" right before she rammed the electric saw into the abomination clawing its way out of her stomach.

He would never forget his father splattering Atlus' head across the ground with a wrench, nor the grotesque mockery of a human face where his brother used to be.

He would never forget being conscripted by Old Hag, the oldest worker in the hab block, so old that nobody even knew her name. Feeding her cobbled together shells in scratch-built belt links as she worked a heavy stubber older than she was, hands and shoulders and torso moving like one of the great servo-assemblies, precise and consistent and just a bit rusty.

He would never forget his first solo kill, breaking a bottle of chemical outflow on a mutant's leg then throwing a bundle of sparking wires to set it aflame as the caustic muck ate its way through flesh. It had died screaming...eventually.

Two weeks later, the siege had ended, and Marcus spent months being poked, prodded, tested, questioned. He was too exhausted to be angry or defiant.

Then his cell door opened and a faceless woman in red robes with machinery like a halo round her back told him he would take the trials to become an Astartes. An Angel of Death. A Space Marine. The dream, at one point or another, of every boy in Phobos Manufactorum No. 91. Definitive proof that Marcus was worthy of an honor handed down from the Emperor himself in olden days. He was thrilled. Ecstatic, even.

It meant he was clean.
It meant he wouldn't be consigned to the wreckage that had once been a life.

-------------------------------------------

"Marcus, I would request your assistance with an operation. Domitian has informed us that as part of the Constitutional Convention, the Luctusians are preparing to cleanse certain areas to make them safer for travel. If you assent, pick a squad and we'll be taking care of the Iron Hills".

With the ease of long practice, Myrok didn't so much as twitch as Marcus tensed and his hand shifted towards his pistol before it stilled and relaxed. Severus had managed to convince the Master of the Arsenal to stay his blade, but clearly it hadn't actually done anything to ease suspicions.

"It would be my pleasure, Myrok. Where and when?"

"Three hours from now, Bay 1. We'll be doing a sweep and clear with the Razorbacks to catch any stragglers our allies miss, then proceeding on foot into the nests once the roads are clear."

A curt nod was his response. They parted ways.

As Myrok made his way back to his quarters, he stopped at a particular junction. A few moments later, Severus, Karark, and Valzadai joined him. Severus was stone-faced, Karark calm, and Valzadai...was Valzadai. Severus spoke first.

"I do not approve of this plan."
A raised eyebrow accompanied Myrok's answer. "There is no more certain way to prevent this rot before it begins, Chapter Master. You know this, else you would have ordered me to cease before now."
"Of course there is" Valzadai scoffed, "We point Falce his way, give him important assignments, and let time and service ease his mind."
"Oiling the parts does not repair them, brother. If it did, the Luctusian Dusk would be slathered in sacred grease and brand new by now."
"Regardless, the offer has been made and the die is cast. It is too late to back out, and we owe it to our brethren to prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that their trust is not misplaced."
"At any cost?"
"At whatever cost the Emperor demands, Severus. We swore the same oaths, all four of us, and I will not let 10,000 years of failure and distorted legends break our Chapter. They will never be Night Lords while we yet live."

So, the question; should I write out the actual plan and how it plays out (the part that's got me brain fried right now)? Or should I skip to the aftermath that's partially completed and put in some minor flashbacks?
The latter, we already have a good idea about Marcus's thoughts during his talk with Severus. What we haven't seen is his thoughts of afterwords.

What is the plan, broadly speaking?
It's basically a gamble that Marcus is more devoted to the Emperor and the Imperium than he is afraid of his legacy, and Myrok's the one serving as bait because he's the most likely to make it out alive if Marcus fails the test. Risky, but our Master of Recruits has been doing crazier shit than this on worse odds for longer than any save our OG Four have been Astartes.

What is not a spoiler is that Myrok's not interested in pussyfooting around, so he's going to speedball this contention to whatever its conclusion may be.

Last edited:
It's basically a gamble that Marcus is more devoted to the Emperor and the Imperium than he is afraid of his legacy, and Myrok's the one serving as bait because he's the most likely to make it out alive if Marcus fails the test. Risky, but our Master of Recruits has been doing crazier shit than this on worse odds for longer than any save our OG Four have been Astartes.

What is not a spoiler is that Myrok's not interested in pussyfooting around, so he's going to speedball this contention to whatever its conclusion may be.
So the idea is that Marcus and Myrok go hunting together to give Marcus an opportunity to try to kill Myrok, and Marcus passes if he doesn't make the attempt? And of course if he tries, Myrok kills him.

So the idea is that Marcus and Myrok go hunting together to give Marcus an opportunity to try to kill Myrok, and Marcus passes if he doesn't make the attempt? And of course if he tries, Myrok kills him.
In essence, yes. He'll probably make an attempt to talk down the squaddies Marcus roped in to this, but if Marcus fails that will be that, and the squaddies only get one chance. And of course, this will all be recorded in excruciating detail on helmet cams and such to make sure there is absolutely no possible misunderstanding about what happened and why.

This omake is great @CanYouMeme really good job. The background of Fretensis does a great job explaining why he's taking the reveal worse than other people and the mentions of his family are a nice touch.
Valzadai...was Valzadai.
I chuckle with this. Although it does bring me to the part that I find a bit OOC his intervention in the dialogue.
This strikes me more as something Severus would say than Valzadai. Valzadai is more favorable of the "shoot him in the back and don't take risks" approach. Corpses don't make problems in his opinion.
In this, whatever you find more confortable, although in my opinion aftermath and flashback works great, especially since we know what Myrok plan is.

All in all this is a very good omake, I will classify it as canon provisionally while waiting for part two.

I'm liking it a lot as of now. Now for the rewards, would you prefer if I give you one reward now and the other with the second part, or both with the second part?

In essence, yes. He'll probably make an attempt to talk down the squaddies Marcus roped in to this, but if Marcus fails that will be that, and the squaddies only get one chance. And of course, this will all be recorded in excruciating detail on helmet cams and such to make sure there is absolutely no possible misunderstanding about what happened and why.
With all this in mind, I think the flashback idea works best.
This strikes me more as something Severus would say than Valzadai. Valzadai is more favorable of the "shoot him in the back and don't take risks" approach. Corpses don't make problems in his opinion.
Yeah, that does sound like him. "Remove source of problem and you no longer have problem."

Scheduled vote count started by ThunderOwl on Jan 22, 2024 at 7:33 AM, finished with 96 posts and 28 votes.

In the end, turn 6 is going to drop sooner than the next eddition of the Guide, which is going to be Vaeringjar, Seat of House Lothbrok

Last edited:
Forgotten (The Demanding Strategist, Horus Heresy Era)
Scheduled vote count started by ThunderOwl on Jan 22, 2024 at 7:33 AM, finished with 96 posts and 28 votes.

In the end, turn 6 is going to drop sooner than the next eddition of the Guide, which is going to be Vaeringjar, Seat of House Lothbrok
Ah, that brings me back good memories about vikings. Hopefully the children of this house will lead it better then Ragnar's ever did in Denmark.

Also, after reading the other backgrounds, I figured I could try and make an attempt at an omake over a fairly simple concept of an obsessive seige stragest being blindsided by his own brothers not giving a shit about the goal of breaching the palace, and instead just wanting to do their own thing. Turns out writing a story is a lot harder to do then how it looks, so this was way more challenging then
I wanted it to be for the thread. I hope if you have any Comments, Critics, and Pointers, please let me know! Practice makes perfect and all that good stuff.

Forgotten

As the artillery from the Fourth continued to pound on, the walls stood there, mocking him. It had been months now, at least he thought it was months now, Meror honestly couldn't be sure in this point of the siege. When word had arrived, that Horus Lupercal was leading the assault against the palace, Time just stopped. Now, he heard that from a terrified serf still missing an arm and crying after he beat him for that answer, the whimpering fool tried to tell him that time had just stopped. Irritated, he had initially gone to ask one of his saner brothers of his broken legion that still remained on task of breaching the walls, when Kalomor, his right-hand man of his company told him that their chronometers were all broken. Somehow, someway time across all of Terra had broken. With that little revelation, time had mattered a great deal less in the days? weeks? Months, maybe since that had happened counting had become more of an option then a requirement.

Just the memory of trying to keep a straight fact over how many days had past still made him grimace as his Euclidean mind told him several impossibilities in his mind every time he tried to do it. Their had been for too many tries from other marines stating that it had been anything thing from 3 months to 2 years since they were stuck on this planet trying to breach those walls.

This he could still tell, was at the latest attempt by himself and his fellow brothers of the legion, alongside some of the grim Iron Fourth to try and land on top of walls of the palace. He had tried to lead his company of the Emperor's Children, the Palatines Herald, on more than one charge or counter tunnelling action, but every time the defenders would repulse him and his brothers, usually thanks to some idiocy from one of his own allowing them that victory in the first place. The nature of his Legion since their betrayal at Isstvan almost a decade ago now, had horrifically change his legion and his company in that time. Though, if only it was just that. Since time had stopped working, space and logic had as well, since every few steps or even the occasional doorway could send from the next building over, or send you on the otherside of the planet besides other more gruesome accidents.

Ever since the worshipping of a false god had spread amongst the legion and company thanks the pets of Erebus, the "Prince of Excess" as some of his... more religous minded brothers espoused about had begun to change the legion and what had started out as fairly small changes of attitude and marital practice, had turned into a general sense of insanity that seemed to have carried itself into each of his brothers, leading them all too be little more than a crazed lunatics then professional marines. Meror, however, had been a captain of the third for more than 30 years, and he would not allow himself to fall so low as many of his shameful brothers had in that time thankfully.
But, even as he thought that, he could feel the anger burn in his chest as he saw his company's champion, Raxar, who was supposed to be leading a 5 set series of squads with fire support from the iron warriors, whooping and hollering at a group of fleeing and terrified civilians. Terrified screams of pain and despair filled the air as Raxar ran through them like a gore covered scythe through wheat, laughing as he did so. Meror had gripped the hilt of his power sword, feeling the familiar weight of it in his hand, as he shouted, "Raxar! We have schedule to keep up with and a war to win! You cannot run off for your fun with the mortals when we have a war to win!"

The scar covered champion, had turned to look at him, his face beaded with sweat and blood still dripping from his power sword. He eyed him with bloodshot eyes, with what Meror almost thought was indignation under all of that blood. "I was having my fun, brother! The Prince of Excess would understand that my needs require satiating, especially after listening to your droll orders of line formation and tactics, with the ever do clear goal of getting me killed as we all charge up at those damned walls," he snapped at Meror. Immediately, rage filled his vision and his teeth clenched along with his jaw's as he had to fight the urge to cut off Raxar's head in that very instant. Instead, he gripped his hands and forced back a snarl from his lips. "What, I have had you be given every chance at turn to follow proper formation to prevent that," he growled through gritted teeth, "but everytime I bring you in to learn being part of a shielded formation, you run off to have your fun with the mortals screaming around. But now, that ends here. When I come back in 10 mintues, I expect you to return to your place and follow up an attack with me and the rest of the company and the Iron warriors contingent that is still planned to happen in 2 hours' time. Do. You. Understand?"

Raxar eyed him and paused, before chuckling, the bastard. "Understood, Captain."

"Good, see to it you finish fulfilling your urges and move out in 10 minutes then." He turned away, disgusted at seeing anymore of that disgrace of a legionary of the 3rd. He still had a great many things to do to make up for this delay, hopefully the iron fourth wou-, pain gripped him. His heart ached like it had never hurt before, though it was almost in some ways pleasurable not quite masking it the lethality but making the sensation more bearable. His eyes swam before him, before his eyes noticed a glinting blade sticking through his chest and punching through the power cords over his armour. Blood, oil, and guts erupted out from where the sword had pushed through him. He felt the world go grey. The air stung his lungs as he struggled to breath, his knees buckling underneath him from the shock of the wound, Raxar, cooed. "Did you really think I was ever going to listen to an arrogant piece of trash like you?" The world spun, his vision blurring. He felt himself falling, but he couldn't let go. No, he wouldn't let go. He had to hold on, to keep going, to make it back to the company, to lead them to victory. But the pain, it was too much. It was like a weight pressing down on him, making it harder and harder to keep his eyes open. His last thought was of his failure and his legacy, before him his life flashed before his eyes all the glories and all the failures passed him by. He heard more then he saw Raxar leaving, already hunting the mortals that had fled in his brief absence. "This... wasn't how it was supposed to end." He gurgled, his second heart had been removed by an apothecary earlier in void of the Sol system, when he had felt incredible pain and sought out assistance, where the apothecary after looking him over had to remove his second heart out. After it somehow had just begin to grow teeth and a mouth and chew into his sternum and bonecage. He had been told afterwords to take it easy till a replacement could be created once the siege was over. It was one of the reasons why he had remained behind whenever the fighting took place on Terra, just in case a moment like this could occur.

But now, here he was, dying on the ashen grounds of Terra, bleeding out into the dirt, and all for what? For some petty argument with a fool of a brother that would get himself killed by the world eaters in their nail driven frenzy? All because he had decided to take matters into his own hands, and lead his company together for the final push? No, that wasn't it. He should have been leading his men, conquering the walls of the palace, etching his name into its foundations and his brothers praising him for his strategies and being given the star of Lupercal for his great achievement. Instead, he was just another casualty another name to be added to the long list of the dead. His vision was starting to cloud over, his strength ebbing away with every beat of his failing heart. He tried to reach out to the world around him, to make one last connection, to leave some mark on the world that would prove he had been there. But it was no use. He was already fading away, slipping into the darkness that waited beyond the edge of his consciousness. As he died, he couldn't help but wonder if anyone would even remember his name. Would his sacrifice be lost amidst the countless battles and duels that would surely follow? Or would the Palatines Herald, one of the best companies of the Third Legion die with him, on his forsaken planet of Old Earth? He tried to breath, but only a wet rattled came from his chest and his sight finally faded to black, he couldn't help but feel that he was just one more soldier, one more casualty, in a war that would go on long after he was forgotten and replaced.

Last edited:
Really nice @lizatessu If this is your first time writing, you´ve done a good job. Best part in my opinion was how even through he was stabbed in the back and dying Meror thoughts were still focused on leading his men an attaining glory, which really shows that he wasn´t so immune to the degeneration of his legion. As for points of improvement, there are a few things that should be capitalized (Every time you refer to the Third and the Fourth legion should be capitalized, same with Prince of Excess), and there is an excess of commas on this sentence.
Since time had stopped working, space and logic had as well, since every few steps or even the occasional doorway, could send from the next building over, or send you on the otherside of the planet, besides other more gruesome accidents.
There are also some mispelled words, but I mess that up too, so I´m not going to throw stones at a glass house. All in all, really nice omake. It gets canonized as the death of the Demanding Strategist, and as a reward, next time you face against Slanneshi forces, they get -1 dice to their Fellowship rolls.

Also I gotta say:
and marital practice,
Slanneshi Corruption hits hard man..

Really nice @lizatessu If this is your first time writing, you´ve done a good job. Best part in my opinion was how even through he was stabbed in the back and dying Meror thoughts were still focused on leading his men an attaining glory, which really shows that he wasn´t so immune to the degeneration of his legion. As for points of improvement, there are a few things that should be capitalized (Every time you refer to the Third and the Fourth legion should be capitalized, same with Prince of Excess), and there is an excess of commas on this sentence.

There are also some mispelled words, but I mess that up too, so I´m not going to throw stones at a glass house. All in all, really nice omake. It gets canonized as the death of the Demanding Strategist, and as a reward, next time you face against Slanneshi forces, they get -1 dice to their Fellowship rolls.

Also I gotta say:

Slanneshi Corruption hits hard man..
Thanks, I tend to have a problem with trying to end paragraphs, so I just try and extend sentences that wind up using more commas than it needs. Doesn't help that I got overly concerned with all of the spacing I originally had, which led to me cutting them apart and welding them together in many cases. I'll try to not be so comma focused with my sentences, at least for storyong writing in the future. As for Meror, no he was definitely corrupted. That was why I put so much emphasis on pride, glory, and his obsession to go over the wall. When Slannesh came into his company, it twisted him into a being that loved the praise of his company, rather than their actual love and respect. And why he saw his company ad a stepping stone to attain more glory for himself, for surely since HIS company made it over the wall, it would be reflected admirably on himself no? It didn't make him a lunatic, nor become a worshipper of Slannesh, but it did screw him up.

It's why, without all of that pride going through him, he would never have insulted someone like Raxar to his face, about getting under control, not deciding that it was a start idea to turn his back to the man he just clearly insulted to his face. Pride is one hell of a drug, and it only takes a couple of sips for it to ruin your life in the worst possible way, depending on the circumstances admittedly.

Also decided to make a better version of a stab in the Back then apparently Abett Hacket is. He murder my loken, and this is by far the kindest thing I could ever say to the man after that.

Last edited:
Turn 6: Vigilance (764-768 M41)
Luctus System, Aetelian Sector 764M41

Most of his brothers ignored what his work exactly entailed, mused Cato as he beheld the main hall of the Fortress Monastery, filled mainly with serfs alongside a squad of nowalijki to provide security. The reason for that is that they didn´t bother to find what competences were the responsibility of the Head Serf, and which ones were his. To put it simply, the Head Serf was the main line of communication between the Mist Shrikes and their mortal servants, and ruled the serf in all regards not pertaining to their responsibilities. Him, as the Chief Victualler, determined everything regarding their duties with the chapter proper, such as work assignments, shift duration and dealing justice whenever someone committed crimes against the Chapter.

Which brought him to his current situation. In front of him was a middle-aged man, who hanged limply between the two Nowalijki holding him in place. The rest of the serfs are on the edges of the room, the mood restless as they glare at the man with obvious hatred.

"Leszek Modzelewski." He projects his voice to all the corners of the room, making the man in question raise his head to look at him with a nervous expression. "You have been accused of the murder of Adolfo Gennaro, Denis Medved and Vojtech Ztratil, serfs of the chapter."

"I´m innocent, I swear to the God-Emperor I didn't do it!" Shouts Leszek, only to be drowned out by the indignant roar of the crowd.

"Don't lie you bastard!!"

"You're going to get what you jebating deserve!"

"My boy, you murdered my boy!"

"Silence." He doesn't shout, but with just one word the crowd quietens. "Leszek Modzelewski, your guilt has been proven beyond question. I've personally investigated this, and found concrete evidence that points to you being the murderer. You were seen exiting the scene of the crimes by various witnesses, the murder weapon with your finger prints on it was found in your quarters and both Gennaro and Medved had traces of your blood in their fingernails." The condemned eyes start to water as he realizes there is no way in which he can evade his fate. "You´ve killed serfs under the Mist Shrikes protection, and in doing so acted against the chapter and the Imperium by sabotaging the prosecution of our duties. As such, for the crimes of murder and treason you´re sentenced to death. You shall be executed via torture over the course of a month and your remains will be thrown outside the fortress to rot."

"No, please no! For the love of the Emperor, please!" The condemned struggles in vain as he´s dragged out of the room, crying and pleading. The crowd disperses soon after, leaving the main hall empty except for Utica and the Head Serf, who was also attending the procedures.

"Stanislaus, are you meeting with the victims' families soon?" Utica asks, prompting the old man to pull a pocket watch from out of his robe.

"In half an hour Milord, to discuss the funeral arrangements."

Utica nods to himself. "Tell them that I allow them to take a week off of their duties in order to mourn them properly."

The Head Serf looks surprised at his indulgence, before he schools his features. "With all due respect Chief Victualler, is that necessary? Death is commonplace here Milord, and it shouldn't be an excuse to slack off. Besides, it could impact the correct functioning of the Fortress-Monastery."

"I´ll take responsibility if there is any delay, Stanislaus." The old mortal doesn´t appear to be convinced, but he acquiesce with a slight bow and leaves, slowly due to his age.

"The murderer was acting on his own impulses or was he a cultist?" Chapter Master Severus asks him.

"We haven´t found any signs of him being a follower of Chaos. No forbidden tomes, brands, mutations or trinkets." Cato answers.

They are both in the Chapter Master quarters, for this meeting doesn´t concern the whole of Chapter Command. Alongside him are Apollodorus, Falce and Domitian, in their role as Master of the Watch, Master of Sanctity and Master of the Keep. Upon hearing his response, the veteran of the Unification Wars turns his attention towards Falce.

"Have you noticed any signs of corruption in our brothers? Secretive actions, abnormal behavior, seditious comments…?"

The leader of the Chapter´s Chaplain takes a moment to consider the question before answering. "None Chapter Master, and Cicero is reporting the same. Our brothers are loyal."

The Chapter Master expression softens in relief. "Good, then that's our greatest concern taken care of." Utica agreed with that sentiment. Not only would it nullify any defensive advantage of the Fortress-Monastery, but treason coming from someone so close, the mockery of brotherhood that made, it would leave a mark in the chapter that would never fade.

He wondered if Severus and the other Founders felt like that, when they found out about the Night Lords' treason.

Domitian was the next to speak. "With the assistance of Cato, "He lowers his head slightly towards him in recognition. "We´ve vetted the Chapter Serfs. The priests among them had informed me that none of them ever skip a service, and all of them have various witnesses that can attest to their location when they aren´t at work, all of which have been corroborated by pic-cast recording or the testimony of one of our brothers."

"Our Fortress-Monastery is secure, but there are a few details in the situation that concern me." Intervenes Tullius bringing forward a map of Luctus. "The cultist note makes me think that the Chaos worshippers have relocated to one of the abandoned Refuges in Luctus. The main problem is that if we exclude those located in the most dangerous zone of the planet," He points to a series of names written in red on the western continent. "And those too far from the inhabited ones, there are still dozens of abandoned Refugees unaccounted for, and they could be hiding in any of them."

The Chapter Master strokes his beard in thought, before pointing to the abandoned refuges nearer to the Fortress-Monastery. "We´ll start inspecting these, and then make a search-pattern from there. Make no mistake, we won´t stop until those cultist are dead."

Determined expressions answer that proclamation.

Chapter Master Severus
-Lead your chapter (Choose 3):
--[] Meet up with a Local Faction Leader.
---[] Lord Sector Blas Cartagena (Sector Authority).
---[] Adept Katerina Kalivnova (Adeptus Administratum).
---[] Fabricator-General of Smilnay Nikola Delta-Null 6 (Adeptus Mechanicus).
---[] Fabricator-General of Milan Thomas Epsilon 1874 (Adeptus Mechanicus).
---[] Cardinal Giovanni di Bernadone (Ecclesiarchy).
---[] Lord General Adolphus Tavisolta (Imperial Guard).
---[] Lord Admiral Hanno Adherbal (Imperial Navy)
---[] Chapter Master Guo Saetang (Blazing Wardens)
---[] Grand Master Baldwin (Angels Crusader)
---[] Inquisitor Harker. (Not a faction leader, but he´s your local contact.)
--[] Negotiate with a Planetary Governor (You have to add a write-in specifying what you want to negotiate with them.)
---[] Governor Gregorious IV Baetica (Illiberis)
---[] King Tristan III du Martel (Braicam)
---[] Representative of the Durrutian Comunes (Durruti)
---[] Governor Mehmet II Indra (Saffran)
---[] Governor Kazimier Symansky (Zatloczony Tertius)
--[] Tutor another Marine (Can be taken more than once.)
---[] Write-in who you want to train and in what stat (Note: You can´t train someone in a stat he surpasses the trainer in.)
--[] Reassign Notable to another post (Doesn´t count towards action limits, can be taken multiple times)
---[] Write-in the Notable and the position you are placing them in.
-Know your Chapter (Choose 1).
--[] Inquire about certain Faction situations.
---[] Adeptus Administratum.
---[] Ecclesiarchy.
---[] Imperial Guard.
---[] Imperial Navy

---[] Inquisition. (The Inquisition doesn´t take kindly to those who snoop in their affairs)
--[] Shift the action towards Lead your Chapter (Put a 4th lead your chapter action).
Master of the Keep (Choose 1 Action)
-[] Train Current Luctus PDF Regiments.
-[] Raise more PDF Regiments.
-[] Train Chapter Serfs.
-[] Inspect Fortress-Monastery defenses
-[] Meet with Mayor-Governor Lilya Semyonovna (You have to add a write-in specifying what you want to negotiate with them.)
Master of the Forge Actions (Choose 2. Production counts towards 1 Action):
-[] Assign Equipment Permanently to a company or character (Free action, can be taken multiple times):
–[] Write- in what do you assign and to whom.
-[] Research Luctusian Refuges.
-[] Research ways to re-weaponize the Mist.
-[] Finance a Tech-hunting expedition on Luctus
-[] Find practical applications for the Mist-hardened skin of the Great Devourer
-[] Production ( Luctus manufacturiums grant you 75BP per turn, while the Forge aboard the
Fear of Judgement grants you another 100BP, Your Master of the Arsenal and Chief Victualler give you an additional 50 BP Each. Maintenance costs are negated by your Master of the Marches. To Produce you need to indicate which type of weaponry each Techmarine produces. Techmarines can produce one type of Item each time, Senior Techmarines two types and your Master of the Forge three):
–[] Product Master-Crafted equipment (Can only be taken once, will use all the production slots of your Master of the Forge and the cost of the equipment is double the regular amount).
–[] Repair vehicles:
—[] Fear of Judgement: 96BP
—[] Luctusian Dusk: 143BP

-Bolt Pistol: Standard Issue
Statline: Damage 4, AP 3, Short Range

-Godwyn-Pattern Bolter: Standard Issue
Statline: Damage 4, AP 4

-Chainsword: Standard Issue
Statline: Damage 5, AP 3

-Heavy Bolter: Standard Issue
Statline: Damage 5, AP 4, Heavy, Rapid Fire,
-Autocannon: Standard Issue
Statline: Damage 4, AP 5, Blast 1, Heavy, Needs Strength 5

-Missile Launcher: Standard Issue
Statline:
Damage 6, AP 2, Blast 2 (Frag)
Damage 5, AP 4, Blast 1 (Krak)

-Plasma Pistol: 4BP/Pistol
Statline: Damage 4, AP 3, Blast 1, Short Range, Gets Hot

-Plasma Gun: 6BP/Gun
Statline: Damage 4, AP 4, Blast 1, Gets Hot

-Plasma Cannon: 8BP/Cannon
Statline: Damage 5, AP 4, Blast 2, Gets Hot, Heavy Needs Strength 5

-Plasma Blaster: 15BP/Gun (Requires Great Crusade-Era Techmarine)
Statline: Damage 5, AP 4, Blast 2, Gets Hot, Needs Strength 5

-Volkite Serpenta: 15BP/Pistol (Requires Great Crusade-Era Techmarine)
Statline: Damage 6, AP 5, Spread 1, Short Range

-Volkite Charger: 20BP/Gun (Requires Great Crusade-Era Techmarine)
Statline: Damage 6, AP 5, Spread 1

-Meltagun: 6BP/Gun
Statline: Damage 5, AP 3, Short Range

-Storm Bolter: 8BP/Gun [NOTE: Requires Senior Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 5, AP 4, Rapid Fire, Needs Strength 5

-Stalker Bolter: 6BP/Gun
Statline: Damage 6, AP 4, Unwieldy.

-Kraken-Pattern Bolter: 6BP/Gun
Statline: Damage 5, AP 4

-Combi-Flamer Bolter: 15BP/Gun [NOTE: Requires Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 4, AP 4, Spread 2

-Combi-Melta Bolter: 15BP/Gun [NOTE: Requires Techmarine to Craft]
-Statline: Damage 4, AP 6. Short Range

-Combi-Plasma Bolter: 15BP/Gun [NOTE: Requires Techmarine to Craft]
-Statline: Damage 6, AP 5. Gets Hot

-Grav-Gun: 25/BP [NOTE: STC Pattern Unavailable]
-Statline: Damage 7, AP 7

-Flamer: 6BP/Gun
Statline: Damage 5, AP 3, Spread 2, Short Range

-Heavy Flamer: 8BP/Gun
Statline: Damage 6, AP 4, Spread 3, Short Range Needs Strength 5

-Eviscerator-Pattern Chainsword: 3BP/Sword
Statline: Damage 6, AP 3, Two-Handed

-Chainfists: 3BP/Pair of fists.
Statline: Damage 7, AP2, Two-Handed

-Power Fist: 5BP/Fist [NOTE: Requires Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 5, AP, 5 Blast 1.

-Power Sword: 5BP/Sword [NOTE: Requires Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 6, AP 5,

-Power Axe: 5BP/Sword [NOTE: Requires Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 7, AP 5, Unwieldy

-Lightning Claws: 10BP/Pair of Claws [NOTE: Requires Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 8, AP 4, Two-Handed.

-Thunder Hammer: 10BP/Hammer [NOTE: Requires Senior Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 8, AP 6, Two-Handed, Blast 1 Needs Strength 5

-Force Weapon: 15BP/Weapon [NOTE: Requires Librarian to Craft]
Statline: Damage 5, AP 4, Psychic Focus

-Crozius Arcanum: 15BP/Weapon [NOTE: Requires Senior Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 6, AP 5, Blast 1

-Chainglaive: 10BP/Glaive [NOTE: Requires Senior Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 7, AP 6,

--
-Mk-VI 'Corvus' Power Armor: 10BP/Suit
Advantages: Light (+1 Agility)
Disadvantages: Light (-1 Armor)
Statline: Armor 2, +1 Agility

-Prototype Mk-VI 'Corvus' Power Armor: 40BP/Suit
Advantages: Light (+1 Agility), Reinforced (+1 Armor)
Disadvantages: Prototype (-2 to Repairs)
Statline: Armor 4, +1 Agility

-Mk-VII 'Aquila' Power Armor: Standard Issue.
Advantages: Standard (+1 to Repairs)
Disadvantages: None
Statline: Armor 3

-Mk-VIII 'Errant' Power Armor: 10BP/Suit
Advantages: Reinforced (+1 Armor)
Disadvantages: Non-Standard (-1 to Repairs)
Statline: Armor 4

-Centurion Exosuit: 40BP/Suit
Advantages: Heavily Reinforced (+2 Armor), Augmented (+1 Strength)
Disadvantages: Non-Standard (-1 to Repairs), Cumbersome (-1 Agility)
Statline: Armor 5, +1 Strength, -1 Agility Needs Strength 5
-Terminator Armor (Indomitus Pattern): 60BP/Suit [NOTE: STC Pattern Unavailable: Improve relations with the Mechanicus]
Advantages: Ultra-Heavy Reinforcement (+3 Armor), Augmented (+1 Strength), Iconic (+1 Willpower, +1 Willpower to all Friendly Units)
Disadvantages: Cumbersome (-1 Agility), Archeotech (-2 to Repairs)

-Iron Halo: 30BP/Piece [NOTE: Requires Senior Techmarine to Craft]
Advantages: Conversion Field (+2 Armor), Badge of Office (+1 Fellowship)
Statline: +2 Armor, +1 Fellowship,

-Combat Shield: 5BP/Shield
Statline: +2 Armor, No Hands Required

-Storm Shield: 10BP/Shield
Statline: +4 Armor, One-Handed

--Boarding Shield: 5BP/Shield
Statline: +3 Armor, One-Handed

-Cameleoline Cloak: 5BP/Cloak
Statline: +1 Agility

-Jump Pack: Standard Issue (5BP/Jumpack For characters)
Statline: +2 Agility (Speed checks only.)

-Rhino: 40BP/Vehicle
Statline: Armor 4, Structure 6, Transports 10

-Razorback: 45BP/Vehicle
Statline: Armor 4, Structure 7, Damage 5, AP 4

-Whirlwind: 45BP/Vehicle
Statline: Armor 3, Structure 5, Damage 6, AP 2, Blast 3 (Frag)
Damage 5, AP 4, Blast 2, (Krak)

-Vindicator: 60BP/Vehicle
Statline: Armor 5, Structure 7, Damage 6 AP 4, Blast 3(Demolisher Cannon.)

-Predator: 80BP/Vehicle
Statline: Armor 6, Structure 8, Damage 8, AP 6 (Lascannon)
Damage 8, AP 6, Twin-Linked (Twin-Linked Lascannon)
Damage 5, AP 4, Rapid Fire (Heavy Bolter)
Damage 6, AP 5, Blast 2 (Autocannon)

-Dreadnought Chassis (Castaferrum pattern): 60BP/Chassis
Statline: Armor 6, Structure 6, Damage 8, AP 5 (Combat Assault Claw)
Damage 6, AP 5, Rapid Fire (Assault Cannon)
Damage 5, AP 4, Spread 3 (Heavy Flamer)
Damage 6, AP 3, Short Range, Rapid Fire (Multi-Melta)
Damage 6, AP 2, Blast 3 (Frag Missile)
Damage 5, AP 4, Blast 2 (Krak Missile)

-Attack Bike: 20BP/Bike
Statline: Armor 2, Structure 4, Fast Assault Vehicle, Damage 5, AP 4, Rapid Fire (Heavy Bolter)

-Land Speeder: 30BP/Vehicle
Statline: Armor 3, Structure 5, Grav Vehicle, Damage 5, AP 4, Rapid Fire (Heavy Bolter)

-Storm Raven: 100BP/Craft
Statline: Armor 4, Structure 5, Transports 12, Transports 1 Dreadnought. Flyer, Damage 8, AP 6, Twin-Linked (Twin-Linked Lascannon)

-Thunderhawk: 200BP/Craft
Statline: Armor 6, Structure 8, Transports 30 (Gunship), Transports 2 Rhino Chassis/1 Land Raider Chassis (Transporter), Flyer, Damage 5, AP 4, Rapid Fire (Heavy Bolter)
Damage 12, AP 8, Blast 1 (Turbo-Laser)

-Stormbird: 400BP/Craft
Statline: Armor 9, Structure 10, Transports 50 (Gunship), Transports 5 Dreadnoughts/3 Rhinos/ 1 Land Raider Chassis (Transporter), Flyer, Damage 5, AP 4, Rapid Fire, Twin-linked (Heavy Bolter)
Damage 8. AP 6. Twin-Linked (Twin-Linked Lascannon)
-Land Raider: 400BP/Vehicle [NOTE: STC Pattern Unavailable: Improve Relation with the Mechanicus]
Statline: Armor 10, Structure 16, Transports 10 Terminators, Power of the Machine Spirit, Damage 8, AP 6, Twin-Linked (Twin-Linked Lascannon)
Damage 5, AP 4, Rapid Fire (Heavy Bolter) [Twin-Linked Option Available]
Damage 6, AP 3, Short Range, Rapid Fire (Multi-Melta) [Twin-Linked Option Available]

Chief Apothecary (Choose 2 Actions)
-[] Investigate Mist counter-agents.
-[] Continue on Spatha´s geneseed.
-[] Make test slaves to produce more progenoids.
-[] Study examples of Luctusian Fauna II (Marrow Eaters).
-[] Study examples of Luctusian Flora.
-[] Accelerate Training of Apothecaries-in-Training
Master of Recruits (Choose 2 Actions)
-[] Train your Chapter
--[] Weapon Skill.
--[] Ballistic Skill.
--[] Strength.
--[] Toughness.
--[] Perception.
--[] Agility.
--[] Intelligence.
--[] Willpower.
--[] Fellowship
-[] Tutor another Marine (Can be taken more than once.)
--[] Write-in who do you want to train and in what stat (Note: You can´t train someone in a Stat he surpasses you in.)
DEPLOYMENTS.
Write-in how many squads you want to deploy in each assignment and from which Company, and with which vehicles and vessels. You don´t have to send troops to a deployment if you do not wish to.

Deployment Restrictions:

-1.Each Company Captain MUST be deployed with Squads of his Company.
-2.Your Master of the Fleet can be deployed with a vessel, but he will never land planetside.
-3.Your Chapter Champion and Honor Guard can only be deployed alongside your Chapter Master.
-4.Master of the Keep, Master of the Watch, Master of the Arsenal, Master of the Marches, Chief Victualer are non-deployable. Master of Recruits is only deployable with Nowalijki Squads.
-5.At least one Apothecary has to remain in the Fortress Monastery.
-6 Dreadnoughts have a Lucidity value that goes from 0 to 100. It starts at 100 when interred and it is reduced by a 2d20 each time they are deployed, recovering 3d10 when they are not. If the Lucidity value is lower than 30, the Dreadnought cannot be deployed until its Lucidty value rises above that number.

Deployments:

-[X] Shadows in Brudenell: Harker demands your assistance once more. Having located a particularly dangerous chaos cult in the Hive World of Brudenell making preparations for an insurrection, the Inquisitor wants us to assist him in surgically disrupting the cults activities.
–[] Write-in Dispatch Force:
-[] Braicam´s Blusters:
The King of Braicam has contacted us with a frivolous request. Apparently his rule since his coming of age has not been tranquil and on a recent trial his sentence was challenged to a trial by combat. He wants us to send a Space Marine as his champion
–[] Write-in someone to send (Doesn´t have to be an special character):
-[] Seibourc Onslaught:
The Hive World of Seibourc is suffering under the assault of an Orkish Waagh from the Luxeran Sector. Despite all available regiments of Royals returning to defend their homeworld, they are finding themselves slowly pushed back by the surprising cunning of the Ork Warboss.
-[] Deserters Due:
Admiral Himilco Sakarbaal of the Imperial Navy has broken his oaths to the Golden Throne and turned pirate alongside his flotilla. Battlefleet Aetelian is hunting him down, but fear that he might offer his loyalty to the Eyes of the Mutator has prompted them to call you for aid.
-[] Search and Destroy:
There are cults of the Dark Gods in your homeworld, they are organizing themselves and they are hiding somewhere. Hunt them down and eradicate them. (This deployment ignores rule 4)
-[] Radio Silence:
An administratum outpost, Station 989, has stopped reporting. Adept Kalivnonva has sent requests to the Imperial Navy, but they can´t dispatch anyone to assist in the timeframe she wishes. As such, she´s asking you to investigate the situation and in case the station is dead, recover important documents from it´s archives.

Q.M Notes: More production options have been added. I´m thinking about adding more complexity to space combat because I hate myself so feedback on that would be nice. Also, tell me what do you think about the dreadnought mechanics.

Last edited:
-[] Braicam´s Blusters: The King of Braicam has contacted us with a frivolous request. Apparently his rule since his coming of age has not been tranquil and on a recent trial his sentence was challenged to a trial by combat. He wants us to send a Space Marine as his champion

No just no. This is so incredibly wasteful and insulting. Warp jumps are dangerous no matter what and to undertake one just for something like this...

Edit: Although if we sent Chapter Master Severus to negotiate something with the King and used it as leverage... it might make sense. But is there anything we want from him? The first thought in my head was recruits, but... are we even allowed to recruit from other worlds if we aren't a fleet based chapter? And if we are would we want too? Or would we prefer in the long-term to establish a stronger Luctusian identity in the chapter.

Last edited:
Luctus System, Aetelian Sector 764M41

Most of his brothers ignored what his work exactly entailed, mused Cato as he beheld the main hall of the Fortress Monastery, filled mainly with serfs alongside a squad of nowalijki to provide security. The reason for that is that they didn´t bother to find what competences were the responsibility of the Head Serf, and which ones were his. To put it simply, the Head Serf was the main line of communication between the Mist Shrikes and their mortal servants, and ruled the serf in all regards not pertaining to their responsibilities. Him, as the Chief Victualler, determined everything regarding their duties with the chapter proper, such as work assignments, shift duration and dealing justice whenever someone committed crimes against the Chapter.

Which brought him to his current situation. In front of him was a middle-aged man, who hanged limply between the two Nowalijki holding him in place. The rest of the serfs are on the edges of the room, the mood restless as they glare at the man with obvious hatred.

"Leszek Modzelewski." He projects his voice to all the corners of the room, making the man in question raise his head to look at him with a nervous expression. "You have been accused of the murder of Adolfo Gennaro, Denis Medved and Vojtech Ztratil, serfs of the chapter."

"I´m innocent, I swear to the God-Emperor I didn't do it!" Shouts Leszek, only to be drowned out by the indignant roar of the crowd.

"Don't lie you bastard!!"

"You're going to get what you jebating deserve!"

"My boy, you murdered my boy!"

"Silence." He doesn't shout, but with just one word the crowd quietens. "Leszek Modzelewski, your guilt has been proven beyond question. I've personally investigated this, and found concrete evidence that points to you being the murderer. You were seen exiting the scene of the crimes by various witnesses, the murder weapon with your finger prints on it was found in your quarters and both Gennaro and Medved had traces of your blood in their fingernails." The condemned eyes start to water as he realizes there is no way in which he can evade his fate. "You´ve killed serfs under the Mist Shrikes protection, and in doing so acted against the chapter and the Imperium by sabotaging the prosecution of our duties. As such, for the crimes of murder and treason you´re sentenced to death. You shall be executed via torture over the course of a month and your remains will be thrown outside the fortress to rot."

"No, please no! For the love of the Emperor, please!" The condemned struggles in vain as he´s dragged out of the room, crying and pleading. The crowd disperses soon after, leaving the main hall empty except for Utica and the Head Serf, who was also attending the procedures.

"Stanislaus, are you meeting with the victims' families soon?" Utica asks, prompting the old man to pull a pocket watch from out of his robe.

"In half an hour Milord, to discuss the funeral arrangements."

Utica nods to himself. "Tell them that I allow them to take a week off of their duties in order to mourn them properly."

The Head Serf looks surprised at his indulgence, before he schools his features. "With all due respect Chief Victualler, is that necessary? Death is commonplace here Milord, and it shouldn't be an excuse to slack off. Besides, it could impact the correct functioning of the Fortress-Monastery."

"I´ll take responsibility if there is any delay, Stanislaus." The old mortal doesn´t appear to be convinced, but he acquiesce with a slight bow and leaves, slowly due to his age.

"The murderer was acting on his own impulses or was he a cultist?" Chapter Master Severus asks him.

"We haven´t found any signs of him being a follower of Chaos. No forbidden tomes, brands, mutations or trinkets." Cato answers.

They are both in the Chapter Master quarters, for this meeting doesn´t concern the whole of Chapter Command. Alongside him are Apollodorus, Falce and Domitian, in their role as Master of the Watch, Master of Sanctity and Master of the Keep. Upon hearing his response, the veteran of the Unification Wars turns his attention towards Falce.

"Have you noticed any signs of corruption in our brothers? Secretive actions, abnormal behavior, seditious comments…?"

The leader of the Chapter´s Chaplain takes a moment to consider the question before answering. "None Chapter Master, and Cicero is reporting the same. Our brothers are loyal."

The Chapter Master expression softens in relief. "Good, then that's our greatest concern taken care of." Utica agreed with that sentiment. Not only would it nullify any defensive advantage of the Fortress-Monastery, but treason coming from someone so close, the mockery of brotherhood that made, it would leave a mark in the chapter that would never fade.

He wondered if Severus and the other Founders felt like that, when they found out about the Night Lords' treason.

Domitian was the next to speak. "With the assistance of Cato, "He lowers his head slightly towards him in recognition. "We´ve vetted the Chapter Serfs. The priests among them had informed me that none of them ever skip a service, and all of them have various witnesses that can attest to their location when they aren´t at work, all of which have been corroborated by pic-cast recording or the testimony of one of our brothers."

"Our Fortress-Monastery is secure, but there are a few details in the situation that concern me." Intervenes Tullius bringing forward a map of Luctus. "The cultist note makes me think that the Chaos worshippers have relocated to one of the abandoned Refuges in Luctus. The main problem is that if we exclude those located in the most dangerous zone of the planet," He points to a series of names written in red on the western continent. "And those too far from the inhabited ones, there are still dozens of abandoned Refugees unaccounted for, and they could be hiding in any of them."

The Chapter Master strokes his beard in thought, before pointing to the abandoned refuges nearer to the Fortress-Monastery. "We´ll start inspecting these, and then make a search-pattern from there. Make no mistake, we won´t stop until those cultist are dead."

Determined expressions answer that proclamation.

Chapter Master Severus
-Lead your chapter (Choose 3):
--[] Meet up with a Local Faction Leader.
---[] Lord Sector Blas Cartagena (Sector Authority).
---[] Adept Katerina Kalivnova (Adeptus Administratum).
---[] Fabricator-General of Smilnay Nikola Delta-Null 6 (Adeptus Mechanicus).
---[] Fabricator-General of Milan Thomas Epsilon 1874 (Adeptus Mechanicus).
---[] Cardinal Giovanni di Bernadone (Ecclesiarchy).
---[] Lord General Adolphus Tavisolta (Imperial Guard).
---[] Lord Admiral Hanno Adherbal (Imperial Navy)
---[] Chapter Master Guo Saetang (Blazing Wardens)
---[] Grand Master Baldwin (Angels Crusader)
---[] Inquisitor Harker. (Not a faction leader, but he´s your local contact.)
--[] Negotiate with a Planetary Governor (You have to add a write-in specifying what you want to negotiate with them.)
---[] Governor Gregorious IV Baetica (Illiberis)
---[] King Tristan III du Martel (Braicam)
---[] Representative of the Durrutian Comunes (Durruti)
---[] Governor Mehmet II Indra (Saffran)
---[] Governor Kazimier Symansky (Zatloczony Tertius)
--[] Tutor another Marine (Can be taken more than once.)
---[] Write-in who you want to train and in what stat (Note: You can´t train someone in a stat he surpasses the trainer in.)
--[] Reassign Notable to another post (Doesn´t count towards action limits, can be taken multiple times)
---[] Write-in the Notable and the position you are placing them in.
-Know your Chapter (Choose 1).
--[] Inquire about certain Faction situations.
---[] Adeptus Administratum.
---[] Ecclesiarchy.
---[] Imperial Guard.
---[] Imperial Navy

---[] Inquisition. (The Inquisition doesn´t take kindly to those who snoop in their affairs)
--[] Shift the action towards Lead your Chapter (Put a 4th lead your chapter action).
Master of the Keep (Choose 1 Action)
-[] Train Current Luctus PDF Regiments.
-[] Raise more PDF Regiments.
-[] Train Chapter Serfs.
-[] Go to the Constitutional Convention
-[] Inspect Fortress-Monastery defenses
-[] Meet with Mayor-Governor Lilya Semyonovna
Master of the Forge Actions (Choose 2. Production counts towards 1 Action):
-[] Assign Equipment Permanently to a company or character (Free action, can be taken multiple times):
–[] Write- in what do you assign and to whom.
-[] Research Luctusian Refuges.
-[] Research ways to re-weaponize the Mist.
-[] Finance a Tech-hunting expedition on Luctus
-[] Find practical applications for the Mist-hardened skin of the Great Devourer
-[] Production ( Luctus manufacturiums grant you 75BP per turn, while the Forge aboard the
Fear of Judgement grants you another 100BP, Your Master of the Arsenal and Chief Victualler give you an additional 50 BP Each. Maintenance costs are negated by your Master of the Marches. To Produce you need to indicate which type of weaponry each Techmarine produces. Techmarines can produce one type of Item each time, Senior Techmarines two types and your Master of the Forge three):
–[] Product Master-Crafted equipment (Can only be taken once, will use all the production slots of your Master of the Forge and the cost of the equipment is double the regular amount).
–[] Repair vehicles:
—[] Fear of Judgement: 96BP
—[] Luctusian Dusk: 143BP

-Bolt Pistol: Standard Issue
Statline: Damage 4, AP 3, Short Range

-Godwyn-Pattern Bolter: Standard Issue
Statline: Damage 4, AP 4

-Chainsword: Standard Issue
Statline: Damage 5, AP 3

-Heavy Bolter: Standard Issue
Statline: Damage 5, AP 4, Heavy, Rapid Fire,
-Autocannon: Standard Issue
Statline: Damage 4, AP 5, Blast 1, Heavy, Needs Strength 5

-Missile Launcher: Standard Issue
Statline:
Damage 6, AP 2, Blast 2 (Frag)
Damage 5, AP 4, Blast 1 (Krak)

-Plasma Pistol: 4BP/Pistol
Statline: Damage 4, AP 3, Blast 1, Short Range, Gets Hot

-Plasma Gun: 6BP/Gun
Statline: Damage 4, AP 4, Blast 1, Gets Hot

-Plasma Cannon: 8BP/Cannon
Statline: Damage 5, AP 4, Blast 2, Gets Hot, Heavy Needs Strength 5

-Plasma Blaster: 15BP/Gun (Requires Great Crusade-Era Techmarine)
Statline: Damage 5, AP 4, Blast 2, Gets Hot, Needs Strength 5

-Volkite Serpenta: 15BP/Pistol (Requires Great Crusade-Era Techmarine)
Statline: Damage 6, AP 5, Spread 1, Short Range

-Volkite Charger: 20BP/Gun (Requires Great Crusade-Era Techmarine)
Statline: Damage 6, AP 5, Spread 1

-Meltagun: 6BP/Gun
Statline: Damage 5, AP 3, Short Range

-Storm Bolter: 8BP/Gun [NOTE: Requires Senior Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 5, AP 4, Rapid Fire, Needs Strength 5

-Stalker Bolter: 6BP/Gun
Statline: Damage 6, AP 4, Unwieldy.

-Kraken-Pattern Bolter: 6BP/Gun
Statline: Damage 5, AP 4

-Combi-Flamer Bolter: 15BP/Gun [NOTE: Requires Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 4, AP 4, Spread 2

-Combi-Melta Bolter: 15BP/Gun [NOTE: Requires Techmarine to Craft]
-Statline: Damage 4, AP 6. Short Range

-Combi-Plasma Bolter: 15BP/Gun [NOTE: Requires Techmarine to Craft]
-Statline: Damage 6, AP 5. Gets Hot

-Grav-Gun: 25/BP [NOTE: STC Pattern Unavailable]
-Statline: Damage 7, AP 7

-Flamer: 6BP/Gun
Statline: Damage 5, AP 3, Spread 2, Short Range

-Heavy Flamer: 8BP/Gun
Statline: Damage 6, AP 4, Spread 3, Short Range Needs Strength 5

-Eviscerator-Pattern Chainsword: 3BP/Sword
Statline: Damage 6, AP 3, Two-Handed

-Chainfists: 3BP/Pair of fists.
Statline: Damage 7, AP2, Two-Handed

-Power Fist: 5BP/Fist [NOTE: Requires Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 5, AP, 5 Blast 1.

-Power Sword: 5BP/Sword [NOTE: Requires Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 6, AP 5,

-Power Axe: 5BP/Sword [NOTE: Requires Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 7, AP 5, Unwieldy

-Lightning Claws: 10BP/Pair of Claws [NOTE: Requires Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 8, AP 4, Two-Handed.

-Thunder Hammer: 10BP/Hammer [NOTE: Requires Senior Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 8, AP 6, Two-Handed, Blast 1 Needs Strength 5

-Force Weapon: 15BP/Weapon [NOTE: Requires Librarian to Craft]
Statline: Damage 5, AP 4, Psychic Focus

-Crozius Arcanum: 15BP/Weapon [NOTE: Requires Senior Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 6, AP 5, Blast 1

-Chainglaive: 10BP/Glaive [NOTE: Requires Senior Techmarine to Craft]
Statline: Damage 7, AP 6,

--
-Mk-VI 'Corvus' Power Armor: 10BP/Suit
Advantages: Light (+1 Agility)
Disadvantages: Light (-1 Armor)
Statline: Armor 2, +1 Agility

-Prototype Mk-VI 'Corvus' Power Armor: 40BP/Suit
Advantages: Light (+1 Agility), Reinforced (+1 Armor)
Disadvantages: Prototype (-2 to Repairs)
Statline: Armor 4, +1 Agility

-Mk-VII 'Aquila' Power Armor: Standard Issue.
Advantages: Standard (+1 to Repairs)
Disadvantages: None
Statline: Armor 3

-Mk-VIII 'Errant' Power Armor: 10BP/Suit
Advantages: Reinforced (+1 Armor)
Disadvantages: Non-Standard (-1 to Repairs)
Statline: Armor 4

-Centurion Exosuit: 40BP/Suit
Advantages: Heavily Reinforced (+2 Armor), Augmented (+1 Strength)
Disadvantages: Non-Standard (-1 to Repairs), Cumbersome (-1 Agility)
Statline: Armor 5, +1 Strength, -1 Agility Needs Strength 5
-Terminator Armor (Indomitus Pattern): 60BP/Suit [NOTE: STC Pattern Unavailable: Improve relations with the Mechanicus]
Advantages: Ultra-Heavy Reinforcement (+3 Armor), Augmented (+1 Strength), Iconic (+1 Willpower, +1 Willpower to all Friendly Units)
Disadvantages: Cumbersome (-1 Agility), Archeotech (-2 to Repairs)

-Iron Halo: 30BP/Piece [NOTE: Requires Senior Techmarine to Craft]
Advantages: Conversion Field (+2 Armor), Badge of Office (+1 Fellowship)
Statline: +2 Armor, +1 Fellowship,

-Combat Shield: 5BP/Shield
Statline: +2 Armor, No Hands Required

-Storm Shield: 10BP/Shield
Statline: +4 Armor, One-Handed

--Boarding Shield: 5BP/Shield
Statline: +3 Armor, One-Handed

-Cameleoline Cloak: 5BP/Cloak
Statline: +1 Agility

-Jump Pack: Standard Issue (5BP/Jumpack For characters)
Statline: +2 Agility (Speed checks only.)

-Rhino: 40BP/Vehicle
Statline: Armor 4, Structure 6, Transports 10

-Razorback: 45BP/Vehicle
Statline: Armor 4, Structure 7, Damage 5, AP 4

-Whirlwind: 45BP/Vehicle
Statline: Armor 3, Structure 5, Damage 6, AP 2, Blast 3 (Frag)
Damage 5, AP 4, Blast 2, (Krak)

-Vindicator: 60BP/Vehicle
Statline: Armor 5, Structure 7, Damage 6 AP 4, Blast 3(Demolisher Cannon.)

-Predator: 80BP/Vehicle
Statline: Armor 6, Structure 8, Damage 8, AP 6 (Lascannon)
Damage 8, AP 6, Twin-Linked (Twin-Linked Lascannon)
Damage 6, AP 5, Blast 2 (Autocannon)

-Dreadnought Chassis (Castaferrum pattern): 60BP/Chassis
Statline: Armor 6, Structure 6, Damage 8, AP 5 (Combat Assault Claw)
Damage 5, AP 4, Spread 3 (Heavy Flamer)

-Attack Bike: 20BP/Bike
Statline: Armor 2, Structure 4, Fast Assault Vehicle, Damage 5, AP 4, Rapid Fire (Heavy Bolter)

-Land Speeder: 30BP/Vehicle
Statline: Armor 3, Structure 5, Grav Vehicle, Damage 5, AP 4, Rapid Fire (Heavy Bolter)

-Storm Raven: 100BP/Craft
Statline: Armor 4, Structure 5, Transports 12, Transports 1 Dreadnought. Flyer, Damage 8, AP 6, Twin-Linked (Twin-Linked Lascannon)

-Thunderhawk: 200BP/Craft
Statline: Armor 6, Structure 8, Transports 30 (Gunship), Transports 2 Rhino Chassis/1 Land Raider Chassis (Transporter), Flyer, Damage 5, AP 4, Rapid Fire (Heavy Bolter)
Damage 12, AP 8, Blast 1 (Turbo-Laser)

-Stormbird: 400BP/Craft
Statline: Armor 9, Structure 10, Transports 50 (Gunship), Transports 5 Dreadnoughts/3 Rhinos/ 1 Land Raider Chassis (Transporter), Flyer, Damage 5, AP 4, Rapid Fire, Twin-linked (Heavy Bolter)
Damage 8. AP 6. Twin-Linked (Twin-Linked Lascannon)
-Land Raider: 400BP/Vehicle [NOTE: STC Pattern Unavailable: Improve Relation with the Mechanicus]
Statline: Armor 10, Structure 16, Transports 10 Terminators, Power of the Machine Spirit, Damage 8, AP 6, Twin-Linked (Twin-Linked Lascannon)
Damage 5, AP 4, Rapid Fire (Heavy Bolter) [Twin-Linked Option Available]
Damage 6, AP 3, Short Range, Rapid Fire (Multi-Melta) [Twin-Linked Option Available]

Chief Apothecary (Choose 2 Actions)
-[] Investigate Mist counter-agents.
-[] Continue on Spatha´s geneseed.
-[] Make test slaves to produce more progenoids.
-[] Study examples of Luctusian Fauna II (Marrow Eaters).
-[] Study examples of Luctusian Flora.
-[] Accelerate Training of Apothecaries-in-Training
Master of Recruits (Choose 2 Actions)
-[] Train your Chapter
--[] Weapon Skill.
--[] Ballistic Skill.
--[] Strength.
--[] Toughness.
--[] Perception.
--[] Agility.
--[] Intelligence.
--[] Willpower.
--[] Fellowship
-[] Tutor another Marine (Can be taken more than once.)
--[] Write-in who do you want to train and in what stat (Note: You can´t train someone in a Stat he surpasses you in.)
DEPLOYMENTS.
Write-in how many squads you want to deploy in each assignment and from which Company, and with which vehicles and vessels. You don´t have to send troops to a deployment if you do not wish to.

Deployment Restrictions:

-1.Each Company Captain MUST be deployed with Squads of his Company.
-2.Your Master of the Fleet can be deployed with a vessel, but he will never land planetside.
-3.Your Chapter Champion and Honor Guard can only be deployed alongside your Chapter Master.
-4.Master of the Keep, Master of the Watch, Master of the Arsenal, Master of the Marches, Chief Victualer are non-deployable. Master of Recruits is only deployable with Nowalijki Squads.
-5.At least one Apothecary has to remain in the Fortress Monastery.
-6 Dreadnoughts have a Lucidity value that goes from 0 to 100. It starts at 100 when interred and it is reduced by a 2d20 each time they are deployed, recovering 3d10 when they are not. If the Lucidity value is lower than 30, the Dreadnought cannot be deployed until its Lucidty value rises above that number.

Deployments:

-[X] Shadows in Brudenell: Harker demands your assistance once more. Having located a particularly dangerous chaos cult in the Hive World of Brudenell making preparations for an insurrection, the Inquisitor wants us to assist him in surgically disrupting the cults activities.
-[] Braicam´s Blusters:
The King of Braicam has contacted us with a frivolous request. Apparently his rule since his coming of age has not been tranquil and on a recent trial his sentence was challenged to a trial by combat. He wants us to send a Space Marine as his champion
-[] Seibourc Onslaught:
The Hive World of Seibourc is suffering under the assault of an Orkish Waagh from the Luxeran Sector. Despite all available regiments of Royals returning to defend their homeworld, they are finding themselves slowly pushed back by the surprising cunning of the Ork Warboss.
-[] Deserters Due:
Admiral Himilco Sakarbaal of the Imperial Navy has broken his oaths to the Golden Throne and turned pirate alongside his flotilla. Battlefleet Aetelian is hunting him down, but fear that he might offer his loyalty to the Eyes of the Mutator has prompted them to call you for aid.
-[] Search and Destroy:
There are cults of the Dark Gods in your homeworld, they are organizing themselves and they are hiding somewhere. Hunt them down and eradicate them. (This deployment ignores rule 4)
-[] Radio Silence:
An administratum outpost, Station 989, has stopped reporting. Adept Kalivnonva has sent requests to the Imperial Navy, but they can´t dispatch anyone to assist in the timeframe she wishes. As such, she´s asking you to investigate the situation and in case the station is dead, recover important documents from it´s archives.

Q.M Notes: More production options have been added. I´m thinking about adding more complexity to space combat because I hate myself so feedback on that would be nice. Also, tell me what do you think about the dreadnought mechanics.
Weren't we not allowed to train the stats for our marines after the average of 6 in a stat is gained? Also didn't we already do the convention action?

Last edited:
-[] Braicam´s Blusters: The King of Braicam has contacted us with a frivolous request. Apparently his rule since his coming of age has not been tranquil and on a recent trial his sentence was challenged to a trial by combat. He wants us to send a Space Marine as his champion

No just no. This is so incredibly wasteful and insulting. Warp jumps are dangerous no matter what and to undertake one just for something like this...

Edit: Although if we sent Chapter Master Severus to negotiate something with the King and used it as leverage... it might make sense. But is there anything we want from him?
Braicam is the only other planet we know about which provides Great Bonus to the quality of Space Marine recruits. We could potentially make the request that in return for sending one of our warriors to act in his name, he will allow the Chapter to acquire Aspirants from among the boys of his planet.

Edit:
Weren't we not allowed to train the stats for our marines after the average of 6 in a stat is gained? Also didn't we already do the convention action?
Agility has an automatic +1. So it's more like a 5 rn in terms of actual skill, with an extra 1 being added on from Geneseed quirks.

I assume that in general, averages will vary in cap. So the cap of Strength may be 5 but the cap of Intelligence may be 7. Just as a random example, it may not actually be this in particular.

Last edited:
Braicam is the only other planet we know about which provides Great Bonus to the quality of Space Marine recruits. We could potentially make the request that in return for sending one of our warriors to act in his name, he will allow the Chapter to acquire Aspirants from among the boys of his planet.
I didn't know that. Whelp we have 3 Severus actions to find a use for. Send him to negotiate for the right to recruit aspirants and have him or a member of his honor guard duel.

Well, at least now we won't have to worry about another massive threat that will see 30+ dead marines in a turn. I've already mentioned my desire training actions and whatnot, so I'll leave e that be, but sending the standard skilled marine for a 1v1 duel for a minimum of a hundred or more able bodied young boys that can be tested and induced into the chapter, is a terrific trade off.
The other deployments outside of the Waaagh! Should be fine, maybe the 10th company for Harkar, all of our ships save the Dusk and our fleet master, with a couple of space marine squads, a bulk split between the Waaagh, outpost and home with the remainder of the chapter sounds fine to me.

And a mix of actions to fill out meeting with all of our heads of certain factions, and learning more about the facts of the local fleet sound good. Finishing our research on Spatha is a must to help possibly stave off his death for a little bit, or from it happening again in the future. Alongside chipping off some other research, and R&D is for someone that knows how to do math and complex lists.

Last edited:

Agility has an automatic +1. So it's more like a 5 rn in terms of actual skill, with an extra 1 being added on from Geneseed quirks.

I assume that in general, averages will vary in cap. So the cap of Strength may be 5 but the cap of Intelligence may be 7. Just as a random example, it may not actually be this in particular.
Agility and perception do have a cap of 7. Also is more of a soft cap that a hard limit, in which training gains slow down and XP loss hits harder.

I didn't know that. Whelp we have 3 Severus actions to find a use for. Send him to negotiate for the right to recruit aspirants and have him or a member of his honor guard duel.
Hm. Well there's an idea...

@ThunderOwl Would it be possible for Severus to go meet with the king and queen of Braicam as a Lead Your Chapter action and complete the duel whilst there? Rather than needing to make a unique deployment just for that, considering it would take up one of our ships to do so when they could instead be used for an actual naval engagement or orbital bombardment.

Back