In Nuclear Fire

@Poliamida quick question.

Will DBZ allow him to make the Muffin Button?

From a technical standpoint there isn't much difference between DBZ and DBZ Abridged.

Making the surge take on the form of cars or other mundane things might be profitable if it comes out completely mundane with zero traces of Zerg in it. Since it would allow him to use the hatchery as a factory to make anything he wants.

Will DBZ allow him to make the Muffin Button?

From a technical standpoint there isn't much difference between DBZ and DBZ Abridged.
Hell no! I love DBZA but I refuse to introduce something whose only reason for existing is a silly joke. One that I don't find that funny honestly.

DBZ... damm I grew up seeing the original, most people see the planet busting fights and forget about the technology, Cyborgs capable of said planet busting, the capsules, the man sized spaceships capable of galatic FTL, just to name a few.
Can't wait to see Peter reaction when that tree slots in:cool2:.

Could Peter create stuff from Supreme Commander 2?
Like the walking boats of the Cybran or the teleportation beacon of the iluminati(I can't remember the name of that faction).

And if he was to get knowledge of the Marvel universe, what do you think would be his speciality?
Iron man, Asgardian, Kree, Chitaurii, to create a form of one infinity stone?

Now that I think about it, another suitable production-based tech tree would be Satisfactory/Factorio. Unsure how I didn't think of it earlier given their entire gameplay is "build production lines."

Hell no! I love DBZA but I refuse to introduce something whose only reason for existing is a silly joke. One that I don't find that funny honestly.
Would it allow for all the magic stuff but presented as tech or jus the tech in the setting?

There's tech that interacts with Ki so I'm really curious about what that tech tree would manage.

And would it include Dr Slump tech?

Would it allow for all the magic stuff but presented as tech or jus the tech in the setting?

There's tech that interacts with Ki so I'm really curious about what that tech tree would manage.

And would it include Dr Slump tech?
DBZ doesnt have that much magic outside the Dragon Balls themselves, which would be imposible to replicate. There's some of the specific stuff that Baba can do, and also a bit of Babbidi. Angels are, of course, out of the question. After that? Everything's valid. Anything done my Gero can be replicated, and I'll have a lot of fun with the Potara Earrings.

As I said, not crack-settings, so no Dr Slump.

DBZ doesnt have that much magic outside the Dragon Balls themselves, which would be imposible to replicate. There's some of the specific stuff that Baba can do, and also a bit of Babbidi. Angels are, of course, out of the question. After that? Everything's valid. Anything done my Gero can be replicated, and I'll have a lot of fun with the Potara Earrings.

As I said, not crack-settings, so no Dr Slump.
I assume you are not letting us build Bulma's time traveling ship, but is Peter gonna be capable of building Doctor Omori's time machine? The one that can briefly stop time?
I figure that's a good enough base to replicate a minor version fo the Hyperbolic Time Chamber..

Eh... I'll be honest, I'm not very versed on Nasu-Lore and I barely understood what you said up there.
The only thing I know of Fate comes from FGO, and I'm barely playing it anymore.
Apologies, what I was saying is that the Moon Cell's method of Servant Summoning can be a good substitute given it has access to the Throne in a unique way that even summoning a whole Heroic Spirit like Heroic Spirit GILGAMESH had been possible. And it may be much easier for Pathfinder to access or unless the Throne is accessible and using Ainsworth Dolls that can be enhanced further so Servants can use more of their power will be possible.

Even then most of Nasu shennanigans proccur in using power by connections, borrowing, sharing, passing down or all of the above which tends to be a universal constant unless your one of the crazies like Sasaki Kojirou who basically turns space and time his bitch so he can cut down swallows.

The Twin Arms is basically a two pieced Noble Phantasm Amakusa Shirou Tokisada which primarily tends to work as a skeleton key/access key for the user to use magecraft, even those that the user did not learn due to said Noble Phantasm is rigged into the main server so to say.

Eternal youth, that sustained the man when he was incarnated for 60 years under the alias of Shirou Kotomine, an enhanced body for him to be really strong and fast, True and False Mind's Eye for his outrageous instincts learnt from experience, training and 'inborn' ones so to say, visions of the future or long fistant places like the staple ones and an increase in Baptism Rites, the Church's magecraft for exorcism so to say.

Silver Keys are well, 'keys' that can access or open gates in the space-time and travel between them and while I only am familiar with a living Silver Key, Abbigail Williams, there is a massive hint still that inanimate and non-sapient Silver Keys exist.
Wards will not happen.
Huh so the MC has a solution for the Titans? And the shitshow Zion did when he died?

Last edited:
Is Star Wars or Star Trek a possible pick? What about the MCU?
I honestly dont know what to think of SW. I know it fairly well, I like it, but I feels it falls on the same category as Marvel and DC, it's simply too broad and I dont feel I'd get anything truly distinctive out of it.

I really dont know the universe of Star Trek all that well. If, at all.

You mean only the MCU and not Marvel as a whole? I love the movies but I just dont find it an interesting tree.

I assume you are not letting us build Bulma's time traveling ship, but is Peter gonna be capable of building Doctor Omori's time machine? The one that can briefly stop time?
I figure that's a good enough base to replicate a minor version fo the Hyperbolic Time Chamber..
Yes, slowing or stopping time is something I'm fine with.

Huh so the MC has a solution for the Titans? And the shitshow Zion did when he died?
No, this is just my promise as author that Ward will not happen because I have no interest on making it happen. I already see Worm as a big flaming mess and Ward is worse.

Last edited:
Is Star Wars or Star Trek a possible pick? What about the MCU?
He said no Marvel or DC.

IDK about Star Trek, but he did say he wants tech trees with a specific focus so IDK.

But for the time being no more talk about possible tech trees till the next 2 or 3 are used since they are already set.

Talking about the current events or what is possible with the next 2 tech trees would be more conductive to the thread discussion.

Honestly I didn't give this topic much thought because I don't think it will impact the story that much, but I'm leaning towards Eden.

I don't really have a list of 'approved trees' or anything like that, I use just my memory and the suggestions of my betas for what I want to do. I didn't even remamber that Cardcaptor Sakura was a thing before one of my betas reminded me of it, and I realized that I could do some really fund stuff with it.

Ultimately, I follow 3 rules when picking trees:
1, I have to know it so I can have a solid idea of what Peter can do and how he can achieve it.
2, it has to be internally consistent and have overall clear rules. This is to boost the feeling of 'tinker' and make it more believable. This is one of the reason why I'm not interested on SCP, or why I wouldn't use looney tunes or anything like that.
3, it can't be too broad. I want tree that are distinctive. SC was already pushing this rule a bit, but Marvel and DC are a big no.

What I can do if you're interested is give you the list of the trees I already decided for the future:

World of Darkness
Dragon Ball
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn (or Bionicle, I'm not sure)
Transformers

At some point in the future, not sure when, I'll go for Saint Seiya and Azur Lane.

Eh... I'll be honest, I'm not very versed on Nasu-Lore and I barely understood what you said up there.
The only thing I know of Fate comes from FGO, and I'm barely playing it anymore.

Wards will not happen.

I refuse to believe that all tinkertech is just shard fuckery, otherwise there would be absolutely no point on using tinkers to harvest information. There is a point where shards will need to give purely technological solutions, if only to see what happens.

Any chance of Evangelion Tech being on your list?
Nephilim like Rei and Kaworu.
Angel Nanites like Iruel.
MAGI Supercomputer.
Evangelion Bio-Mecha.
S2 Engines.
AT Fields.
Etc

How about Strike Witches?
Taytay, Aisha etc flying around with Animal Ears and Tails could be fun!

BrainpowerD
Another Anime with Bio-Mecha.

Marvel.
Doc Ock Mecha Tentacles.
Green Goblin Hoverboard.
Scorpion Mecha Tail.
EndoSym Symbiote Armour.
Shocker Gauntlets and Protective MeshPadding.
Etc

Robotech.
Protoculture Plants.
Variable Fighter/Mecha.
Macross Missile Massacre.
Spacefold Drive (Like nBSG Jumpdrive)
Micronisation Shrinking Tech.
Weaponised Song & Music.

Tenchi Muyo.
Cabbits.
Zero the Shapeshifting Artificial Soldier.
Dark Washu the Nano Crystal AI.
Juraian Space Trees.
Etc.

Last edited:
No, this is just my promise as author that Ward will not happen because I have no interest on making it happen. I already see Worm as a big flaming mess and Ward is worse.

I'm cool with the events of Wards not happening, but saying that the sequel to Worm is worse is a bit wrong. Although I have to say that there might be a lot more tragic events in the sequel compared to Worm. While it gets super dark, the main character is fundamentally a more moral person than Taylor, and it just feels better to be in her head than in Skitter's.

I also find it refreshing that conflict escalation is no longer the verified and validated solution to all of life's problems. I like that it no longer feels like the inevitable response. In Worm it felt like everyone saw escalation as inescapable, almost as if they couldn't conceive of other responses. I like spending time in the minds of characters who are recognizing other options.

Of course, objectively speaking and with Meta knowledge, we know the universe isn't actually nicer. Somethings are better and somethings are worse: But Earth Gimel is generally in just as dire straits as Earth-Bet was.

It's just that Ward seems nicer because you're viewing the world through the eyes of a more classical Super-Heroine that is conventionally attractive and nice, has a superb support group, lives in a nice area, and believes in the power of peaceful negotiation over violent confrontation.

Ward's main strength is it's characterization, but it requires you to be invested in the characters for that to work, so if you aren't invested in the characters (or protagonist), then Ward kind of... falls apart. Now, Ward has some amazing interludes that can really get you invested in characters you didn't really care about before (like Rain, Ashley and Capricorn for me), but if you dislike Victoria at this point then I seriously doubt that Ward will hold your interest.

Unlike Taylor, Victoria seeks out social interaction instead of being ostracized, and is willing to talk about her problems. Rather than Taylor's aimless desire to do good and survive day-to-day, Victoria wants to get into college and has concrete items on her agenda. Whereas Taylor had a fandom nickname as the Queen of Escalation, the first chapter's text explicitly notes that Victoria de-escalates a fight. While Taylor tried to rationalize every single one of her decisions, no matter how bad they were, Victoria is aware of how poor her mental landscape is and is willing to get help, and whereas Taylor was a deeply cynical person, Victoria tends to be far more idealistic.

At the end of Worm, Taylor has sacrificed everything for victory, including her own mental stability, sense of self, and humanity. She's more Shard than person by the end. The epilogue leaves it vague whether she has recovered to live a normal life in disabled anonymity, is in a coma, or simply dead, but her journey clearly took a massive toll on her that left her with permanent negative effects.

Victoria, by contrast, emerges at the end of of Ward having won by facing her trauma, making only necessary sacrifices, and despite going through hell to get there, stronger for the experience and more or less healthy mentally and physically. Rather than being subsumed by her shard, she has made a partnership with it where she is clearly in the driver's seat.

Oh, and unlike Worm's bittersweet ending, Ward averts this by having an unambiguously happy ending, despite any number of tragedies that occurred on the way there.

It's like Skyrim compared to Oblivion (or Morrowind, or insert your first real open world game here), it's higher quality, prettier, more consistent, but it does not have that "this is a whole new world I had no idea existed or could exist" because it's not your first time seeing this, the sense of awe is gone and that is going to make it feel heavier and slower, but once you get used to it is every bit as good if not better.

Some days ago I had a small conversation about this with Poli thanks the Newt being from the same author.
The thing is that you need magic to fuel these things and the magic in SW need certain clothing code that if proposed to the girls, the human ones, would end with Peter needing to use the drones to be capable of walking again and probably to being able to eat solid food too.

Here's the thing. You're talking about how the best part of it was its characterization. But what I think most people dislike about it is the plot and the worldbuilding; and when you're talking about retroactively applying stuff from Ward into a Worm fanfic it's this last one which matters. It is done but when Ward isn't ignored completely the author mostly picks and chooses whichever parts they feel actually hold up instead of taking it as a whole.

Any chance of Evangelion Tech being on your list?
Nephilim like Rei and Kaworu.
Angel Nanites like Iruel.
MAGI Supercomputer.
Evangelion Bio-Mecha.
S2 Engines.
AT Fields.
Etc

BrainpowerD
Another Anime with Bio-Mecha.

Marvel.
Doc Ock Mecha Tentacles.
Green Goblin Hoverboard.
Scorpion Mecha Tail.
EndoSym Symbiote Armour.
Shocker Gauntlets and Protective MeshPadding.
Etc

Robotech.
Protoculture Plants.
Variable Fighter/Mecha.
Macross Missile Massacre.
Spacefold Drive (Like nBSG Jumpdrive)
Micronisation Shrinking Tech.
Weaponised Song & Music.

Tenchi Muyo.
Cabbits.
Zero the Shapeshifting Artificial Soldier.
Dark Washu the Nano Crystal AI.
Juraian Space Trees.
Etc.
This is the last question of this kind that I answer. After this I'll write a post about how I handle techtrees for people to reference.

Evangelion?
Yes

Strike Witches?
Yes

BrainpowerD?
No idea what this is.

Marvel?
No

Robotech?
Yes

Tenchi Muyo.
Never watched it

I understand what you mean, it's just that I find Worm deeply frustrating, and then Ward shows that not even the final victory amounted to much. And I hate prety much every single character of Worm, so Ward doesn't really interest me.

Mind you, I say this as someone who never read Ward, just people's comments on it, and never read Worm past the Lung fight, except for some specific chapters and interludes to get a better idea of who the characters are.

On Tech trees
On Tech trees

Are Tech-Trees random?
No because I'm allergic to dice rolls in all their forms. At most, when I don't know what tree to go for next, I ask my betas for some sugestions and I pick from those the one I find the most interesting.

What trees are valid as an option?
I mainly follow 4 rules:
1, I must have some knowledge of the setting. This is just so I don't have to research it, and no, I'm not making a list of what fandoms I'm familiar with because such a list would probably be longer than this story.
2, It can't be a crack-world. I want settings that are internally consistent and that can give the story that feeling of 'tinker'. Because of this I won't even look at Dr. Slump, Looney Tunes, or Flintstones.
3, It can't be too broad. I prefer trees that can do 1 or 2 things right over trees that can do a bit of everything. StarCraft was already pushing this rule a bit, but I won't go for Marvel or DC.
4, It has to be fun. This is the most important one for me. I want, above all else, a story that's fun for me to write. I like trees that are quirky, that are different, that have no respect for the setting and that have hillarious drawbacks.

Can you go for the X-tree?
Being painfully direct here, this is not a quest. If the X-tree fulfills the 4 rules (you'll have to use your imagination for number 1) then it's valid, but don't expect to see it in the story as I already decided on most of them.
Of course, you're always free to write your own omakes on what would Peter do with other trees.

Will you go for Marcel or DC?
No.

Will the X-tree allow you to build the X-thing?
I follow 3 rules when choosing what Peter can or cannot build:
1, It can't be too conceptual. So, no Dragon Balls.
2, No time travel. Yes, it's technically canon in Worm but I don't want to deal with that.
3, Nothing that is too powerful. No Mata Nui and no Numidium. You know, things that would kill an entity with ease.

What trees has Peter gone through already?
StarCraft
DeusEx
Cardcaptors Sakura
Portal
Xenoblade 2

What trees have you decided on?
If you're going to discuss this, do it under spoilers. Please, be mindful of other people:
In this order:
World of Darknes
Dragon Ball
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn (or Bionicle, not sure here)
Transformers

At a later date I'll also go for:
Saint Seiya
Azur Lane

On Tech trees

Are Tech-Trees random?
No because I'm allergic to dice rolls in all their forms. At most, when I don't know what tree to go for next, I ask my betas for some sugestions and I pick from those the one I find the most interesting.

What trees are valid as an option?
I mainly follow 4 rules:
1, I must have some knowledge of the setting. This is just so I don't have to research it, and no, I'm not making a list of what fandoms I'm familiar with because such a list would probably be longer than this story.
2, It can't be a crack-world. I want settings that are internally consistent and that can give the story that feeling of 'tinker'. Because of this I won't even look at Dr. Slump, Looney Tunes, or Flintstones.
3, It can't be too broad. I prefer trees that can do 1 or 2 things right over trees that can do a bit of everything. StarCraft was already pushing this rule a bit, but I won't go for Marvel or DC.
4, It has to be fun. This is the most important one for me. I want, above all else, a story that's fun for me to write. I like trees that are quirky, that are different, that have no respect for the setting and that have hillarious drawbacks.

Can you go for the X-tree?
Being painfully direct here, this is not a quest. If the X-tree fulfills the 4 rules (you'll have to use your imagination for number 1) then it's valid, but don't expect to see it in the story as I already decided on most of them.
Of course, you're always free to write your own omakes on what would Peter do with other trees.

Will you go for Marcel or DC?
No.

Will the X-tree allow you to build the X-thing?
I follow 3 rules when choosing what Peter can or cannot build:
1, It can't be too conceptual. So, no Dragon Balls.
2, No time travel. Yes, it's technically canon in Worm but I don't want to deal with that.
3, Nothing that is too powerful. No Mata Nui and no Numidium. You know, things that would kill an entity with ease.

What trees has Peter gone through already?
StarCraft
DeusEx
Cardcaptors Sakura
Portal
Xenoblade 2

What trees have you decided on?
If you're going to discuss this, do it under spoilers. Please, be mindful of other people:
In this order:
World of Darknes
Dragon Ball
God of War
Horizon Zero Dawn (or Bionicle, not sure here)
Transformers

At a later date I'll also go for:
Saint Seiya
Azur Lane
Regarding one of the spoiler tech trees:
Specifically about Azur Lane, is it going to be strictly human technology or will Sirens also be included?

I am interested in the following specific technologies -
1) Mirror Sea creation - said to be developed, initially, as outwardly undetectable mobile bases, with literally everything else being a later addition
2) Pawn creation - aka mass production of combat viable drones
3) Shipgirl rigging technology - heavily hinted by various crossover events to be potentially applicable to otherwise mundane humans
4) Wisdom Cube creation - I mean it's more or less just another way for Peter to make new friends but still...

Back