The Slave Who Makes Free: An Anakin Skywalker Quest

Voting is open for the next 2 days, 11 hours
[X] Form I - Shii-Cho

I like to imagine Anakin winning sword fights against foes with dizzying speed and incomprehensible gimmicks by simply taking a step forward at the right moment and going "bonk".

Note also that as Obi-Wan's example shows, studying a form as a Padawan doesn't mean you're locked into using that style and only that style forever.

Kirook's post is why I think we should focus on really locking down Shii-Cho. Almost no one in the Jedi Order has truly mastered Form I because they all went off to explore more specialized ("better") styles as soon as possible. We can achieve an uncommonly comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals and it'll make us a much better swordsman when we do decide to specialize later. This is my serious pitch.

[X] Form VI - Niman
The untapped potential of a desert night.

Not expecting this to win, but I'd like to explore Form 6 and an Anakin more in touch with the force rather than just his lightsaber?

Force magic isn't just a dark side thing after all - the light canonically could do some awesome stuff too

A jedi flying around the room high on Ataru is gonna be hard to keep an aim on at all. The form's extreme wide attacks also can probably reap opponents without lightsaber defenses like they're wheat, which is a highly normal, sane, and light-sided thought to have!
While all of that is true if we're fighting a gang of pirates or chopping our way through some warlord's personal guard, Especially the thing about sanity If we're in an actual pitched battle we're going to get tired, now, it's not like this is a death sentence, we've got force power for days but it's definitely an issue and it's one that Form 5 doesn't have.

Note also that as Obi-Wan's example shows, studying a form as a Padawan doesn't mean you're locked into using that style and only that style forever.

Does that mean that, theoretically if we learn Soresu later, we can combine both (Soresu and Djem So) concepts to create a contradictive form of Confusion, Misunderstanding, and Unpredictability?

Kirook's post is why I think we should focus on really locking down Shii-Cho. Almost no one in the Jedi Order has truly mastered Form I because they all went off to explore more specialized ("better") styles as soon as possible. We can achieve an uncommonly comprehensive understanding of the fundamentals and it'll make us a much better swordsman when we do decide to specialize later. This is my serious pitch.
Sure, I can approval vote for that. Shii-Cho/Ataru honestly strikes me as a great mix.

While all of that is true if we're fighting a gang of pirates or chopping our way through some warlord's personal guard, Especially the thing about sanity If we're in an actual pitched battle we're going to get tired, now, it's not like this is a death sentence, we've got force power for days but it's definitely an issue and it's one that Form 5 doesn't have.
Keeping it real: Form 5 is an extremely boring and conventional pick to me. I would rather pick literally any other form including illegally (?) studying Juyo.

[X] Form I - Shii-Cho
[X] Form VI - Niman

Changing my mind to either of these. I wouldn't mind Djem So (mainly due to the ease of learning giving Ani time for other things) but either of these would be cool to see him learn as well. Even if he changes his form in the future the first will have the biggest impact.

Does that mean that, theoretically if we learn Soresu later, we can combine both (Soresu and Djem So) concepts to create a contradictive form of Confusion, Misunderstanding, and Unpredictability?
You'll have to train a lot more before that's on the table, but yes, mixing lightsaber forms is a perfectly acceptable thing to do. Darra and Serra are actually already doing it to some extent (although it's pretty limited because they're both still Initiates).

Form V, Djem So—also known as the Perseverance Form or the Way of the Krayt—is the most direct and (lowercase-f) forceful of the forms, focused on breaking through the enemy's defenses to quickly end a fight. Obviously, Anakin's natural inclination is to study this form; he won't learn many broader lessons from it that he doesn't already know, but conversely it will be the easiest for him to pick up out of all of the forms, giving him more time for additional training or working on the Kalee relief plan. Not surprisingly, this is the form Anakin mastered in canon (and also taught to Ahsoka, although she technically uses a variant called Shien that's more calibrated for a battlefield than a duel).
Something to consider (and that you are not mentioning here) is that canonically, Djem So is a form derived from Soresu, so despite its forceful nature is also the second strongest form in terms of pure defense.
Soresu and Djem So are not contradictory at all... Djem So is actually a form derived from Soresu that maintains a solid defense while proactively seeking for opportunities to break the opponents guard, instead of waiting for a mistake of the opponents

So the Combination of Djem So and Soresu is actually pretty common in the Order

Last edited:

Solid reasoning to me.

[x] Form I - Shii-Cho

Voting is open for the next 2 days, 11 hours
Back