The Slave Who Makes Free: An Anakin Skywalker Quest

Didn't the Legends Republic/Alliance end up getting ruled by a completely undemocratic triumvirate of the Jedi Grandmaster, Queen of Hapes and fleet Admiral?

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by Kirook on Jun 24, 2024 at 4:52 PM, finished with 269 posts and 162 votes.

No, I think this was after.... Daala or Caedus? I forgot which one took power first.
The order went like this:
1: Cal Omas from 28-40 ABY as what is the single longest lasting leader of a nation in a fucking while for the Legends Galaxy.
2: Cha Niathal/ Darth Caedus as Joint Chiefs of State form 40-41 ABY
3: Daala from 41-44 ABY. Ends with two seperate simultaneous Coups by the Jedi Order AND Senate
4: The Trimuverate is formed in 44. It lasts only mere months before being ended by Luke removing the Jedi Order from the GFFA
5: Padnel Ovin for a tiny portion of 44 on account of Dead.
6: "Rokari Kem"...but in reality she was now just a mind controlled puppet of Abeloth. From 44 ABY to gone in 44 ABY. 44 ABY was not a great year for the GFFA.
7: Wynn Dorvan from 44 ABY to an unknown date. Welcome to the end of Legends content that isnt part of the Legacy plot line.
8: WAAAAAAAAAAY the hell later in 130 ABY a Duro named Gar Stazi, who HIMSELF was one of the three triumvir of the Galactic Federation Triumvirate formed after defeating the who gives a crap what number Sith Empire alongside Empress Marasiah Fel of the Empire and Jedi Master K'ruhk.

It was a mess. I blame writers and editiors being unable to just let the political scene rest for fucking once and deciding that No, it MUST always be chaotic or we cant have a plot.

I hesitate to say this, because I understand the impulse to keep Anakin in check based on known info. But it very well could be a good thing to have Anakin breakdown now. While he's young and in the fold of the Jedi more securely. He's got a pretty decent support structure in this quest so far. It's a little bit counter intuitive I'll admit but... *shrugs*

Last edited:
I hesitate to say this, because I understand the impulse to keep Anikan in check based on known info. But it very well could be a good thing to have Anikan breakdown now. While he's young and in the fold of the Jedi more securely. He's got a pretty decent support structure in this quest so far. It's a little bit counter intuitive I'll admit but... *shrugs*
...You make a good point. A younger, less capable Skywalker's mental break would be much less damaging and more easily addressed, as well as setting the stage for actual counseling by a competent individual.
However, it's also possible it turns him into a discount Xanatos, or worse - drives him into Sidious' waiting arms a decade early, resulting in a fully-fledged Sith Apprentice of unfathomable power come time for the Clone Wars. If he runs away, is found by a friendly Sheev who offers to shelter him...
Well, it doesn't get much more worst-case than that.

Becoming Sidious apprentice means we have a non damaged Anakin with full force potential interning with the greatest Sithsince the Emperor V.+ his Chancellor status.

Sounds like a fun ride at least.

Shame he treats his apprentices so poorly.

The problem with becoming Sidious' apprentice is he has no respect for the Rule of Two - if Anakin were his apprentice, he would make sure Anakin could never rise to defeat him as the Rule 'should' work.

Besides, Sidious is Depur.

The problem with becoming Sidious' apprentice is he has no respect for the Rule of Two - if Anakin were his apprentice, he would make sure Anakin could never rise to defeat him as the Rule 'should' work.

Besides, Sidious is Depur.

Eh, not really. He'd certainly try to offer challenges to Anakin to keep his position, to hone his strength, but he fully intended to do it the old fashioned way, with the apprentice defeating the master, and so on. Palapatine's line when he duels Yoda in Episode 3 implies that, where he says that Anakin would become more powerful than either of them. That said, Palpatine wouldn't make it easy for Anakin, since that was the whole point of the Rule of 2.

Vader was shitstomping armies, he was full potential Anakin with all the youthful arrogance and fecklessness burned away. Consider how Anakin was just jumping around like a manic exulting in his prowess which got him cut in down, and how Vader was forced to become an unstoppable Stone, slow, methodical and inevitable. We all know which one is the Grandmaster Martial Artist.

He was just utterly miserable and didn't like being a Sith because Anakin Skywalker fits the Sith Glove as well as he fit the Jedi Robes. Which is to say not at all.

Last edited:
Honestly, I'm kind of hoping Anakin is mistaken about this option stressing him out more.

Vader was shitstomping armies, he was full potential Anakin with all the youthful arrogance and fecklessness burned away. Consider how Anakin was just jumping around like a manic exulting in his prowess which got him cut in down, and how Vader was forced to become an unstoppable Stone, slow, methodical and inevitable. We all know which one is the Grandmaster Martial Artist.

He was just utterly miserable and didn't like being a Sith because Anakin Skywalker fits the Sith Glove as well as he fit the Jedi Robes. Which is to say not at all.
You say that but he lost to starkiller, which is embarrassing because he's canonically barely a master(he nearly lost shaak-ti from a non gameplay pov).
Not gonna lie, this is the energy that I get from everyone who talks about "full potential Anakin".
Nah its "grey jedi" energy.
Il have you know tho I'm going for Anakin to have that njo Kyp Duron energy.

Last edited:
Full stress Anakin might just solve our "its really hard to prosecute slavers" problem in a terminal way.

I actually don't know if this would be worse than failing to persecute the slavers in this quest, but I'm definitely not pushing for it as our first option.

You say that but he lost to starkiller, which is embarrassing because he's canonically barely a master(he nearly lost shaak-ti from a non gameplay pov).
Well yes a man who hates himself and is always thinking a little about just dying because he has nothing to live for anymore, until he gets pushed to the point where primal survival instincts kicks back in would be like that.

Back