The Slave Who Makes Free: An Anakin Skywalker Quest

[X] Accompany Knight Tachi and the Initiates to Ilum.

We won't be much help with our lackluster lighersaber training(we don't even have one yet either) and otl anakin think would go with obi wan so I like to go along a different path than otl and strengthen our friendship with the other jedi. Also good learning experience for anikan that he can't be there for everyone

Let's not give Obi-Wan an extra load to carry, here. As Anakin points out, he's still unarmed, and it's not like he likely has enough skill in the Force to make up for that just yet.

[X] Accompany Obi-Wan to Huk.

Isn't Huk where Grevious is from?
No, the Huk invaded his homework and enslaved his people, back then he was a freedom fighter...

The worst part of that war is that the Huk managed somehow to paint the Kaaleshi as the aggressors when they starting to fight back, and the Republic forced them to pay reparations...

That and the lose of her sister in arms Ronderu lij Kummar is what made him hate the Republic and the Jedi.

Last edited:

Isn't Huk where Grevious is from?
Huk is the evil colonial power that tried to subjugate Grievous race who were technology primitive. They only won because they deceived the jedi and the republic into believing that the Khalesh (Grievous species) started the war. Which then lead to the Khalesh having to pay reparations, which in turn lead to Grievous working for the Banking Clan.

Last edited:
Stand by your mentor as he faces war and strife.

I realy hope we can bring some karma on those mantis fucker

A Consular-class cruiser like the one that (you are told) brought Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon to Naboo, upgunned and refitted for frontier patrol duty, flies at its head. In formation with the cruiser are three Gozanti transports with their narrow, gently curved hulls and a squadron of long-nosed Headhunter fighters.
Weren't Gozantis deliberately designed to be super slow, so they couldn't be hijacked as pirate vessels? Just a little tidbit I remembered.

Anyway, I'm voting

A wider gap between Anakin and his peers is... manageable, at this point, I think. Best to see that the Kaleesh don't get fucked seven ways to Sunday.

If we have a small chance of stopping probably one of the worst miscarriages of justice in which the Republic and the Jedi were involved we have to step up... Last time they didn't have the perspective of someone with a practical experience with slavery as Anakin...

To complete the first and perhaps most important trial of a Jedi without Obi-Wan at your side? Worse, to undertake it knowing that he may be headed into deadly danger while you are powerless to help?
Excuse me, but would you mind not presenting us with diffcult and painful choices in this excellently written quest set in a shitty galaxy spanning republic that's on its way to becomming a much more terrible galactic empire?

kthanksbye

Stand by your mentor as he faces war and strife.

"Unarmed", we blew up a Lucrehulk's shields and helped bring the Trade Federation low. I'm certain we can pick up a blaster, or even a box of provisions, and be useful once again.

I didn't see anything like that when I looked them up, but if they were, presumably these ones have been refitted in a similar way to the Consular.
Being fair, it was a factoid from the Saga Edition RPG, which is where I got most of my Star Wars lore growing up. As far as I can tell, while there's nothing contradicting that in Legends, elsewhere the Gozanti is described as merely slow, versus deliberately designed as a turtle.

This might be hubris talking, but this is Anakin Skywalker we're talking about here. He's never unarmed, for better or worse, and he shouldn't stand by as another mentor of his faces death.

A Jedi needs no weapon. Only the Force.
(Plus it makes it maaaaybe possible to make a bad situation better.

Back