The Slave Who Makes Free: An Anakin Skywalker Quest

[X] Yellow.
[X] Remember the beginning and the end; that the first Jedi were Ekkreth against their Depur and that the last Jedi will awaken against hers, for we are all Ekkreth

May as well actually vote for the write-in I generated.

I'd like to point out that we have 55 between silver and white, but that still puts us behind blue at 50 or yellow at 40, so I'd like to propose an alliance:

[X] Unstable Silver, for Tatooine
[X] A black core, for the dark places you walk through.
[X] White, like the scales of the Greater Krayt Dragon confronted during our life-changing Podrace
[X] Black, but speckled with white like a reflection of the night sky

Imagine how the council react to Anakin showing up with a lightsaber that's literally black and white (or just black or white). But, even beyond that, let's go with something that symbolizes something about Anakin himself and the journey he's going to take, rather than something that only says "I'm a jedi." because it is literally the most generic color a jedi can have. Crafting a light-saber is supposed to be special and the end result is supposed to be meaningful to the one who made it; it should look personalized.

[x] Blue
[X] Remember watching twin suns set on the Infinite Empire

Because I liked the connection to water.

Last edited:
Adhoc vote count started by Ambit on Apr 15, 2024 at 11:11 AM, finished with 192 posts and 145 votes.

I mean, I want blue because blue has repeatedly been used in this quest as a colour representing good vibes, and because it ties into the idea of Water and rain being givers of life on a desert planet.

I don't recall the specific examples, but blue is generally tied to good in Starwars fics because it is the generic "good" color for the force, not because of anything specific to the color or the story. While blue could be tied to water in this quest specifically, I don't think it has been, at least not consistently. By the same token, white and silver can also be tied to water, in the form of clouds that give both water and shade, and the way light flashes off water in the sun. Remember, water only really starts to look blue when there are specific minerals present or when you have a lot of it; silver is probably a better connection for someone living in the desert.

Beyond that, silver lightsabers, specifically, are closely tied to Tatoonie, in a way other lightsaber colors aren't. I didn't mention it before, but Durindfire crystals also have another, potentially interesting connection to Annakin. On Tatooine, they're viewed as worthless by most of the inhabitants, except for Jawas who use them to make protective lens, but they're incredibly valuable to the rest of the galaxy and I suspect the Huts intentionally cultivate this impression, because it gives them easy access to a valuable resource that they can use to bribe the Republic. This is a close parallel to how Anakin was treated as a worthless slave on Tatooine, not because he was worthless, but because it was useful for Depur, and now he's proving his real worth, beyond his slaver's grasp.

On a more mundane note, it might also provide an unique point of connection and discussion with one of the other padawans (unfortunately, I've forgotten their name), since they'd also have experience with those crystals.

While blue could be tied to water in this quest specifically, I don't think it has been, at least not consistently
You are Amavikka, a child of the Mother, and your own mother named you Anakin, which in the secret language of your people means "the one who brings the rain".
Literal first use of blue text in the quest.

Then when it's also tied into the next line, with red text being 'Throat is parched', and the later use of Thirst being how Anakin senses Mauls presence in the Force, and when on Naboo it's specifically it's plant life and abundance of water that means he reflects on life...

I wouldn't say it's the only way it's represented, but it does seem to be at least a bit of a theme, at least to me.

[X] Blue
[X] Remember Obi-Wan's Voice

I see the argument for the start of it all and the end of the saga, I really do. But I cant think of anything more than...

"How different this galaxy would be if the Skywalkers didn't care so much."

[x] Remember watching twin suns set on the Infinite Empire
[x] White, like the scales of the Greater Krayt Dragon confronted during our life-changing Podrace
[x] Unstable Silver, for Tatooine

Vote closed
Scheduled vote count started by Kirook on Apr 10, 2024 at 6:35 PM, finished with 212 posts and 150 votes.

Blue and yellow are both boring options, hashtag team pink.
I'll be real, but the concept of meaningful color coding in Star Wars hasn't been a thing since the days of old; about the only significance you get is that they distinguish the Jedi Temple Guard with yellow sabers.

Now that isn't to say it'll be the case here, things can change and the QM is free to reinterpret those colors to have more significance to them. That said, going off colors alone and nothing more?

Blue looks fucking awesone. Go blue!

Back