The Slave Who Makes Free: An Anakin Skywalker Quest

[x] …on Naboo.
Queen Amidala is a sworn enemy of the megacorps, but this will take time you may not have.

I'm good fam.

[x] …on Naboo.

A) do not trust palpatine, this is something where he'd potentially have a direct hand in things, and the Senate is, well, the Senate. We can wave the bloody shirt of corporate social (and physical) murder with an ally who has recently suffered similar malfeasance

B) this is *Anakin Skywalker*, once again, the man is a Padme-seeking missile

Last edited:
Hmm. What's the betting one or more of the Council foresaw (mystically or otherwise) this interference, and that the unanimous support for Obi-Wan's plan was prearranged in order to signal to outsiders that the Order is united in this matter?

In any event, the Jedi go where they please and as Obi-Wan points out can only be safely hindered with violence if the latter is surrounded by a conspiracy of silence. Padme has the moral authority to raise a big public stink on our behalf and some of the fewest levers to make her shut up once she starts. Accordingly:

[X] …on Naboo.
Queen Amidala is a sworn enemy of the megacorps, but this will take time you may not have.

But the most confusing, and perhaps the most tragic, thing about it all is how few of them seem to realize the importance of their own work.

Obi-Wan—though you'll deny having admitted this even to yourself if asked—was right. They're key to this peace you're hammering out, of course, but more than that: you know what it is to go hungry. When lean times come, slaves are not the first to be fed…especially not slaves in the desert, where every crop harvested is a minor miracle. Back home, coaxing a few extra drops of water from a plot of arid soil was life and death. For the AgriCorps, it's a slow day at work. And yet, despite the countless lives they've doubtlessly saved, they've been made to see themselves as lesser, as damaged goods, because they couldn't meet the Jedi Order's arbitrary standards of talent or behavior.

I do like that Anakin has a new appreciation for the Agricorps. If possible, i'd like to try and foster a closer relationship with them, because they are those who work to feed the galaxy.

Last edited:
[X] …in the Supreme Chancellor's office.

I don't understand everyone's distaste for the Supreme Chancellor. He's been nothing but polite and helpful! Frankly, Anakin interacting with such a model example of integrity and principled actions can only benefit his moral upbringing. :V

This was definitely an interesting update and I like the twist on where the stress came from. I didn't vote for it, but I'm glad this is the choice we made.

I'm going to need some more time to think about this vote though. Something feels off and I want some time to linder the possible paths. With that said, I wish there was an option to go to Grievous with it. After all, if they're claiming they can block the Jedi based on their jurisdiction over Kalee, having the leader of that planet say "No, you don't have jurisdiction here and we want the Jedi's help, as members of the Galactic Republic," seems like a pretty strong counter.

It is, as a wise man once said, a trap.

[X] …on Naboo.

There's only one girlboss in the galaxy who has held one of these proto-Sep conspiracies at blasterpoint and also probably only one politician who'll be as angry about this as Anakin.

I do like that Anakin has a new appreciation for the Agricorps. If possible, i'd like to try and foster a closer relationship with them, because they are those who work to feed the galaxy.
Perhaps we can coax the number of Knights who regularly associate with the Corps above five. If not by our presence than by by our example.

After all, if they're claiming they can block the Jedi based on their jurisdiction over Kalee, having the leader of that planet say "No, you don't have jurisdiction here and we want the Jedi's help, as members of the Galactic Republic," seems like a pretty strong counter.
This seems like it would only invite the IBC to use force to chastise its wayward protectorate, all at once prolonging the conflict, empowering an imperial overlord as against its subject, and personally embittering Grievous against the Republic and Jedi. We want to demonstrate the credibility of the latter's institutions, even if we harbor doubts about them.

Last edited:
Back