What should your focus for the rest of the Quest be?

• Total voters
Voting is open
Any more info on that? <.<
Just my own calculation
Nimitz-Class aircraft carrier 3500 without aircraft crew, 5000 with. Lets just claim 4000. 40k imperial ships should be able to support a similar density, if not more since life support is actually more advanced the one we have. The size is 333x77x41 and I am cheating at the hight since it isn't a solid block.
A 40k battleship can have a measurement of 12kmx2kmx2,5km. That is 57073 times more volume. Therefore a battleship should be able to support a crew of 228292911 , if we calculate with a crew density of 4000 for the Nimitz. Thats over 200 million crewman.

Oficially the cobra has around 15000 crew members.
To be fair, Do we know if that number is counting the servitors? Hell given 40k attitudes and the fact that whole communities and seemingly entirely new cultures can pop up, Does that number even include the menial population? We get a statement that says, 15000 crew members, But we have no idea if they are only counting crew emembers as "People with someform of right" Or people with an important enough job to be counted on the manifest.

It is entirely possible that they don't include the menials that are shipganged as manual labour on the Crew list, and treat them more as just another supply item like food.
Either way, The fact that we are hitting numbers such as 200 million crewmen or 2.6 billion in any sense of the equation is part of the sheer stupidity of 40k that I love.

Last edited:
Honestly, I mostly assumed that 40K ships are 90% non-human dedicated machinery by mass, with the rest going to actually keeping the crew alive and able to direct the whole thing.

But if people insist I can make it "make sense" so that you lost around...~11 Million people the time you fought against the Pirates+Drukhari and had a phyrric victory? :V

You can do 90 % non usable mass and still end up with stupidly high numbers. The ships are just that big. We have at least the argument that our ships have a way higher automation than imperial ships and therefore should have a smaller crew

Full court press-time let's goooo.

Ok, that means we can just deploy all of our SAGs this turn. Let's do that, pull Neon out of the jaws of Chaos.

I Really do not want Chaos seizing the core worlds if we can stop them. I don't even want to necessary seize them right now, I just don't want them to keep them.
Because otherwise This happens. Our objective doesn't even have to be taking clay, just making sure Chaos doesn't.

At minimum, we need to try and reestablish a defensive line on valhidem... and what the fuck happened to Sagget? God dammit I hate chaos's ability to just pop up from nowhere.

Can our navy take Valhidem? I would love to, but fleets stronger then ours have been fighting there for almost 100 years. If there's much left of either side they're going to step on us, but it's the only place with a significant naval presence. I would love to try, but probably retreat if there are too many forces there. Maybe this is a good focal point for the Lamenters? Bring any remaining Neon forces onto our side?

Y'all are worrying, and then there's me, straight up Cooking the ALL V Milestone with a cackle. That thing will cause a Thread-War. Straight Up.
... yeah, let's acquire this ASAP.

1. Basically Yes due to you operating under 10-Year Turns. Both the Navy and SAGs. And you will be able to support them, as long as you have a SAG Transport and an Andromeda attached to each other. They handle everything else In-Universe.
Yeah, yet more reasons to drop our SAGs everywhere. We've got 11 + the knights if you count the Yeeni. Can we? Regardless, an initial attempt at allocation:
Quintara Diablo: 4 SAGs.
Gathin: Do we even need to fight for it?
Kriegar: Do we even need to fight for it?
Qualach's Forge: 2 SAGs?
Grabstein: 2 SAGs?
Valhidem: Literally everything left?

Gathin: Do we even need to fight for it?
Kriegar: Do we even need to fight for it?
Qualach's Forge: 2 SAGs?
Grabstein: 2 SAGs?
Valhidem: Literally everything left?
In order;
Mayhaps, wait until next Update tomorrow.
Myhaps, poke at them and see what happens.
6 SAGs if the Loyalist Mechanicum does not play ball, 4 if it does. Then you get to akwardly negotiate the peace! Yippie! : D
2 SAGs.
Mayhaps. Mayhaps not. Who knows? :V

Honestly Trying to rebuild a Hive city to a acceptable standard would almost downright be a megaproject in its own right.
I wonder how our first hive world will be dealt with. Unless we have a lot of free inhabitable planets, we will be basically defusing a bomb.
So far, I think the best plan would be to drop a shit ton of birth control while we slowly use population as the main colonisation source while we send a shit ton of priests of Omisiash, archeologists and troops to start dismantling the hives.
Ok, that means we can just deploy all of our SAGs this turn. Let's do that, pull Neon out of the jaws of Chaos.
I think that is a bad idea we need some reserves in case dark eldar start doing something stupidly evil

Last edited:
Joking aside, aren't you all really glad now that the Heavy Cruiser's going to be ready in time for this?
Will it? We need to finish it this upcoming turn, don't we? I'll certainly be glad to have it, but we probably could have gotten a larger immediate power spike for the same action expenditure by producing more Crux-Ss & Libra-Ts.

Mayhaps, wait until next Update tomorrow.
Probably a good idea. I'm just very excited to see how our past actions play out with respect to the rest of Neon. Like - will (some) of the loyalists on Quintara Diablo realize there's nothing left on Neon to fight for and they'd be better off joining up? (which would free up some SAGs...). How does Gathin feel about us after our previous forays?

Curiousity!

We Go Where We Are Needed - [Canon]
We Go Where We Are Needed
The chapel was silent. Fifteen figures, heads bowed and hands clasped in prayer, knelt before the altar of the Five-Who-Are-One, the gleaming visage of the Star Child captured in stained glass watching over them as they prayed.

Grandmaster Horatio had finished his prayers; now simply enjoying the peaceful air of this private place alongside his subordinates, the men and women who had devoted their lives, as he had, to mastery of the Art of War-and one of the Glimmering Federation's most powerful tools in that grim trade.

His thoughts drifted to memory-nearly a century ago, eleven of the men and woman alongside him had strode with him at the forefront of the first counterstrike against the Protectorate of Neon; his Knights striding forth with claw and glaive and missiles against the poor sods who had fought against the righteous servants of the Star Child in Brotar.

That had been the first time the Order of the Blazing Sun had been needed-it was not a glorious war. It was necessary, perhaps even Righteous, but it was not glorious-he felt that was appropriate, for the first-blooding of their Partners to be for such a somber war. To have the firey heights of combat tempered by the knowledge that those first kills were against men and women who could never truly contest them. That would mark every future Pilot of their machines, so long as their Spirits existed-that was good. It would, he hoped, keep those who came after them grounded, at least a little. They were Warriors, that was unquestionable-but they should never forget what it is that warriors do, even for a cause as just as that of the Star Child and its distant glimmering Hope.

Three of those who had strode beneath Brotar's stars were gone now. Left to live a quieter, more peaceful life, replaced by young Pilots yet unblooded; for the War against Neon had yet to require the Order's services again.

And now it never would.

Because Neon was gone. Fallen, torn asunder, by the machinations of the Great Enemy seemingly overnight.

The whole of the Federation was in a tizzy, preparations being undertaken for military action on a grand scale, deployments of nearly every SAG within the Federation to planets all across subsector Amratur.

Trying to save as many as they could.

And the Order of the Blazing Sun would be at the Federation's forefront, with blade and claw and missile-pod, to fight the war they had been meant to wage-a war against monsters.

Horatio's hand went to his breast, where a simple medal was pinned-a gift from his father, passed down from his long-dead grandfather, one of the 527 who had been rescued from Luteus' Prism, who had guarded the original STC that had birthed their mighty steeds.

His ancestors had fought Monsters, and would have lost, if not for the Grace of the Star Child, and the mercy and wisdom of Its followers.

So would he; so would his Knights.

They would bring Salvation to those that the Accursed Four sought to damn.

A tiny shift drew his attention. It seemed Frederika had finished with her prayers at last.

He let his Knights maintain the peace and silence for another few precious moments, then he stood, picking up his helmet as he rose, his Knights rising alongside him.

He looked over them. They looked back at him, uniforms crisp, black trimmed with silver and white and brilliant yellow, helmets under one arm.

Satisfied, he nodded.

"We go where we are needed." The Grandmaster rumbled.

"We do what must be done." Fourteen voices chorused back.

With that, the Order of the Blazing Sun marched out of their chapel; headed for their hangars, and their Partner-Steeds.

There was glorious work to be done.​

[X] Heavy Cruiser Names For The Writing Block!
-[X] Leo-primus: "The Salvation of Archwan"

I don't have any strong opinions for the Kil'drabi ships, but I feel our first Heavy Cruiser deserves a Special Name.

i don't remember us picking void X. Was that an auto pick or did i just miss it?

-[X] Oldest Path Battlecolony: "
Weight of our Words"
-[X] Middle Battlecolony: "Eternal Bond"
-[X] Youngest Battlecolony: "
Light of Promise"

The Kil'drabi ships names sound like they're from the Covenant in Halo.

Last edited:
Weight of our Words"
Light of Promise"

I'm okay with going with your name for the Leo Alectai but could you remind me of the significance of the name? I have forgor

Weight of our Words"
Light of Promise"

Voting is open
Back