Should the world be a Low Fantasy setting?

• Yes

Votes: 63 70.0%
  • No

Votes: 27 30.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
See as a counterpoint @10ebbor10 i feel like we havent been taking choices that would make those differences natural to write about.

All our interaction with foreign actors has been either war or integrating them. There hasnt been a groundside view or at least a chance too.

Weve been focusing on monument building and stuff.

To my knowledge any chance we have of seeing an IC comparison of arthwyd and foreign peoples has been torpedoed.

We wouldnt care about labour differences when we were fighting Urth or Vervovs line. Further our only real foreign interaction we subsumed and tried to assimilate in the Maradysh.

All im saying is that there havent been many opportunities to show what youre asking for. Has oshha been missing the few that pop up? Yeah admittedly.
Like we couldve gotten a PoV of a maradysh or bronwyns mom or sumthing but weve been pretty isolationist.

The fact that the arthwyd dont mention the frailer constitution id chalk up to them not having longterm peaceful contact with a foreign power where it would be visible. So IMO they and the QM resorted to the most immediate and obvious differnence between the arthwyd and foreign peoples. The beauty of their women.

Although the lack of thigh or hip appreciation is a sad thing :V.

Thats my 2 cents(more like dime) anyway.

Last edited:
Okay, here is what I've got for the upgraded Blessing of Arthryn:
  • Passive Breast Support Spell (no big breast problems)
  • Close Empathy between Blessed (lets you have an idea of whatever someone else is feeling when they are physically close to you, amplified by holy sites and other Arthrynite holy stuff)
  • Limited Shapeshifting (can make minor changes to existing features)
I would be a fan of Reduced Senescence, myself, but that might be a bit OP if it lets heroes live for many turns regularly.

• Close Empathy between Blessed (lets you have an idea of whatever someone else is feeling when they are physically close to you, amplified by holy sites and other Arthrynite holy stuff)
What's the limits of the shape shifting? Are they simply able to alter facial features and color of their hair, or something more extensive like growing taller? In other words, is it simply cosmetic or does it have any functional capacity?

Edit: a few examples;
1. Hair color
2. Facial features
3. Skin color/tone
4. Height
5. Expanding muscles for increased strength
6. Skeletal alterations such as broader shoulders, longer limbs, solid rib cage

Last edited:
Wait, I know of a character in a fic analyzing excrement to determine how many people were there, but you're telling me players did that in another quest? Bahahaha!
Honestly it was just someone pointing out the MC had never been to the toilet and that it was weird given the time frame and other players were about to brush this off when Avalanche (the QM) blundered in saying "How did you figure out that Anna hasn't actually used her digestive system in decades and instead processes food she eats with the hammerspace of her mech?" He read a lot into that post that wasn't there.

More slang @Oshha

Wryns mind/imagination - dirty, perverse mind or wild imagination.

Searching for Wryn / you are my Wryn - searching for inspiration/muse/you are my muse. Mostly used by artists and writers

Wryn will write stories about you - you will be remembered for all times , mostly refered to hero's, persons that achieved extrodinary things in life.

Council of Ymarn - council of elders, wise council (can be used on council of priests).

Last edited:
Look everyone, can we just drop this for now? If anyone wants to discuss this further, take it to Discord or something. :(

The quest has frozen under all of this debating.

Been away for a while, chiming in- the main complaint seems to be that your emphasizing the blessing/big breast's over everything else in our society.

Like, the whole forest of undead and the lich we fought should be at least equally focuses on in our culture, as we literally warred with and army of the undead and continue to keep them bottled up in their forest.

Like, why doesn't our religion have a huge emphasis on proper care of the deceased, turn undead magic, or have a segment of our holy warriors dedicated to combatting the undead.

Because the whole forest of eternal evil filled with undead should be a constant stress in the back of everyone's mind. It doesn't matter that they haven't been doing anything-

There is a literal army of the damned laying in wait just beyond their sight, and they know it.

The more time the thread spends talking about something, the more it's going to end up in the authors mind, and therefore writing. So if you want a shift in focus - start being the change you want to see in the thread.

Been away for a while, chiming in- the main complaint seems to be that your emphasizing the blessing/big breast's over everything else in our society.

Like, the whole forest of undead and the lich we fought should be at least equally focuses on in our culture, as we literally warred with and army of the undead and continue to keep them bottled up in their forest.

Like, why doesn't our religion have a huge emphasis on proper care of the deceased, turn undead magic, or have a segment of our holy warriors dedicated to combatting the undead.

Because the whole forest of eternal evil filled with undead should be a constant stress in the back of everyone's mind. It doesn't matter that they haven't been doing anything-

There is a literal army of the damned laying in wait just beyond their sight, and they know it.
Because they basically got kicked down the one time, without use of any specialized magic, and haven't recovered yet. The Boarfolk were a more serious threat, and we never developed good anti-cavalry tactics either so there you have it.

Last edited:
Yeah, in retrospect it doesn't really make sense that we won those conflicts but that's the power of dice rolls I guess.

What's the limits of the shape shifting? Are they simply able to alter facial features and color of their hair, or something more extensive like growing taller? In other words, is it simply cosmetic or does it have any functional capacity?

Edit: a few examples;
1. Hair color
2. Facial features
3. Skin color/tone
4. Height
5. Expanding muscles for increased strength
6. Skeletal alterations such as broader shoulders, longer limbs, solid rib cage

Basically, I liked this suggestion.
Woman decides to have kids? Hips expand, breasts grow - men know she's fertile and interested.

Man decides to be a sneaky scout? He shrinks a little, becomes more lithe and acrobatic,
So rather than every woman being top heavy all the time, if a woman chooses to be a scout or a warrior her body shifts to a more athletic/acrobatic form, while if she chooses to concentrate on raising children she goes to the "fertility goddess" form of birthing hips and large breasts.

If you start doing hard labour it doesn't take years for you to build up your muscles, just days or weeks, and if you move from that to running messages your muscles switch over jobs quickly and cleanly.

Because of this is I view as limited ability to change your physical build such as increasing or decreasing muscles and altering breast size and widening or thinning hips depending on you currently want to do. You would be limited to only a small amount of change away from your default/natural form so it won't be massive changes, just making yourself more adjusted to whatever your job is at the moment or what you are trying to achieve. It would still be distinctly you and couldn't change stuff like hair length or any of your colouring or any facial features.

I have changed the description to the below:
Limited Shapeshifting (can make minor adjustments to your physical build)

The more time the thread spends talking about something, the more it's going to end up in the authors mind, and therefore writing. So if you want a shift in focus - start being the change you want to see in the thread.
At this point, I'm half-tempted just to shove a bunch of talk about 'mountains' into the next updates to be honest. Probably won't, but the thought is there after all this.

No, the main complaint is stupid at this point and has long since lost basis in reality and actual facts. It has descending into cherry-picking certain bits and ignoring everything else as far as I can tell, they project their own breast-obsessed minds over their reading of the quest to see stuff there isn't actually there.

I'm seriously considering having a couple of Arthwydish people discuss mountain-climbing the next update at this point just because people who are supposedly against the mentioning of breasts keep bring up breasts.

Yeah, in retrospect it doesn't really make sense that we won those conflicts but that's the power of dice rolls I guess.

Keystone Army. Urth's army of the walking dead was beating your forces when Evalyn got really lucky and defeated Urth in single combat. Without him, his army basically fell apart. That was over two centuries ago and no threat has arisen from the Cursed Forest since.

Last edited:

Eh, not sure the undead forest would have such a big influence, but close enough.

No, the main complaint is stupid at this point and has long since lost basis in reality and actual facts. It has descending into cherry-picking certain bits and ignoring everything else as far as I can tell, they project their own breast-obsessed minds over their reading of the quest to see stuff there isn't actually there.

I'm seriously considering having a couple of Arthwydish people discuss mountain-climbing the next update at this point just because people who are supposedly against the mentioning of breasts keep bring up breasts.

Very mature conversation we got going here.

In addition, the argument that in order to criticize something the criticism shouldn't be mentioned is, of course, completely inane.

Last edited:
This is why we shouldn't have upgraded the Blessing. Having it become an even more important part of our civ's culture will lead to.... well. How to put it? A degradation of certain values?

Last edited:
I will argue that at this point this discussion has long left the point of usefulness. Both sides are clearly not budging and now tempers are rising.

So chill out before the mod hammer comes fallin on our mortal heads.

Fuckin breasts man.

I aint saying we stop forever. But clearly we should wait a bit.

Last edited:
This is why we shouldn't have upgraded the Blessing. Having it become an even more important part of our civ's culture will lead to.... well. How to put it? A degradation of certain values?

Eh, the problem was never with the blessing, but with the narrative around it. That narrative can change, remain, or worsen regardless of whether we do or do not upgrade it.

Remember, the original blessing was described like this.

At first nobody knew what Arthryn had done as there were no visible indications or clues to reveal what she had changed, but as the seasons went on and winters would come and go, the People would soon begin to realise what the blessing had done.

It was a gradual thing and only those belonging to older generations had been around long enough to notice the differences. The People were naturally tougher and while they still got injured and ill, it happened less often and would recover quicker.

Some others claimed other differences, but it was hard to prove the claims of increased strength and speed and stamina. What some claimed was due to the blessing of the goddess, could easily just be the result of hard work and training.

The biggest change that happened was due to the new resilience of the People, it took longer for old age to claim those belonging to the People. The silver hair of an elder took longer to appear and the elders would begin to live for a few more winters than they had in past generations.

The figure aspects weren't described in the narrative at all. They got a single sentence in the author's note below the post.

Last edited:
He has mountainus terrain = used by Arthwyd females to describe well builded/muscular man.

Little Slag for Arthwyd women when they talk about males.

Last edited:
Wyrn: "...I can work with this. Hey, All-Seeress, I need some help with planning."

I've gotta say, getting Empathy at the same time as resolving this fissure in the Merntir seems really awesome narratively. Looking forward to this!

The Tragedy of Evalyn The Mighty: Evalyn the Boarslayer
The Tragedy of Evalyn The Mighty: Evalyn the Boarslayer

Of once there was the mighty

whose footsteps were so weighty,

whose gods tore heaven a gash,

and whose legacy is so much ash.

Seven in name and seven in deed,

Terrible Vervov atop his steed,

is the end of Merntish Malbyn,

the equal of long and loyal Cadyn.

Vasov in his forefather's mold,

Faces young Cerwyn the bold,

While the rampage of Urth

is met by Evalyn sallying forth.

Each legend has its tale,

which future poets will detail,

but this is the tragedy,

of Evalyn the divine mighty.

Sing in me, Wyrn whose visage

I imitate in this homage.

For Evalyn's tale is long,

and I wish not to sing this wrong.

Her birth was to Zaradysh

but her blessing realized her wish

and among the Cateyes whom

she grew up watching bloom

she was recognized as the greatest

fighter to the east and west

borders of the Arthwryd,

her young strikes swift as a bird

and strong as the northern boars.

Then that same bloody band roars

across the mountains North

bringing war to the Merntir earth,

so the Cateyes and Evalyn head

to the villages filled with the dead

as the Merntir cut a bloody sea

and Vervov summons another three.

Of Malbyn, Cadyn, and Evalyn,

no one alone suffices to pin

that vicious unrelenting Vervov,

who in his ten on twentieth

clash with the three of myth

ends old stalwart Malbyn

leaving only Cadyn and Evalyn.

Despite Evalyn's catlike tread

and sharp eyes on a catlike head,

Vervov escaped, saying only

that Malbyn had been manly

and that he wished for clashes

against the girl with the three slashes.

For ten on twenty seasons more

the two carried on as before,

until all Merntir falls, and Evalyn

finds Vervov among the din

of the burning Seer's village where he

sought to put the survivors to sea

Evalyn fells a half-dozen around

where Vervov stands his ground

to which he dismisses the rest

because only the greatest

can stand this meeting

and that makes things exciting.