Rereading, I don't get the impression the army will be staying within Greenshore; it's just that we won't engage in actual conquest. Probably more comparable to Hellas, where we made incursions supplied by food bought from the locals.

Very likely, we'll be meeting the Stymyr armies mid-country, rather than waiting for them to besiege Greenshore. Since Greenshore itself is indefensible, I think this makes more sense.

I do wonder why outright conquest is militarily easier; I think this is due to the occupation preventing the Stymyr from commandeering their citizens' supplies, though it might have something to do with building fortifications or control of villages.

I have doubts that Stymyr would actually try to raid Greenshore, since it's "their own" land they would be raiding, and they're supposed to be reclaiming it. If they did, however, I'm not really sure how to counter them, aside from engaging them far enough away they don't have the chance to organize any. And, of course, leaving some of the Levy behind to slow them down. It depends also on whether Greenshore's fortifications are intact; they wouldn't stop a full-scale invasion, but they might deter a few raids.

Last edited:
Simple: we've chosen to surrender the initiative.

That's a HUGE gift to the Styrmyr in their efforts to eject the Ymaryns from Greenshore.

fasquardon
That sounds way too open-ended to be "simple". Describe what tactics we would be using, through conquering Stymyr, that aren't available to us by not-conquering Stymyr, and would have made the overall war easier.

I'm sure there's something, but what it is isn't so obvious that you can say "initiative" and it tells the story. If there is a "HUGE gift", I'd like to be able to determine what said gift actually is.

Last edited:
That sounds way too open-ended to be "simple". Describe what tactics we would be using, through conquering Stymyr, that aren't available to us by not-conquering Stymyr, and would have made the overall war easier.

I'm sure there's something, but what it is isn't so obvious that you can say "initiative" and it tells the story. If there is a "HUGE gift", I'd like to be able to determine what said gift actually is.
Initiative means picking your fights. If we were attacking we could attack in the locations of our choice, and they would have to either respond to us or let us have them. On the other hand, if we are defending then they can choose to attack anywhere and we must either split up to defend all locations or give up the ones we cannot afford to.

You also forgot geography. If we took the mountain passes, that'd diminish the number of possible vectors of attack and give them less room to maneuver, making all future defenses easier.

Last edited:
Initiative means picking your fights. If we were attacking we could attack in the locations of our choice, and they would have to either respond to us or let us have them. On the other hand, if we are defending then they can choose to attack anywhere and we must either split up to defend all locations or give up the ones we cannot afford to.

Okay, that explains a bit, thanks.

I think it's based on an incorrect premise, however: that we will only be defending. As Aranfan clarified:

I think I'm willing to gamble on marching to the mountains to shut down Styrmyr resistance,*and then releasing that land* once peace is won.
No. That might be something that happens in the other scenario, but if you tell Dafydd to conquer to the mountains, he will conquer. You will have comitted to keeping that land.
This seems to suggest we will be attacking into Stymyr land--similar to what we did in Hellas--just not "conquering" it. If we're attacking, we're still "picking our fights". I suppose it would be fair to say we'd be picking fewer fights.

You also forgot geography. If we took the mountain passes, that'd diminish the number of possible vectors of attack and give them less room to maneuver, making all future defenses easier.
It's difficult to tell, but this point seems to assume that Stymyr will be attacking from their central powerhouse on the other side of the Carpathians, and so we have to take "the mountain passes" to reduce their vectors of attack. I think this premise is also incorrect.

From what I've read of the map, the main Stymyr powerhouse should be the breadbasket on this side of the mountains, This was, in fact, one of the main rationales for conquering to the mountains: their diminished state, holding only the mountains, would leave them unable to truly threaten us (in a world without strong proto-nationalism, anyway). So, if we conquer to the mountains, that's essentially the war won already. The mountain passes are irrelevant.

Now, I could be reading the map wrongly, but the Stymyr north-west shape roughly aligns with the Carpathians (so I believe their territory extends to include, but not pass beyond the mountains), with the Tarta territory seeming to correspond to the lowlands on the other end.

Last edited:

You don't understand what initiative is then and just how important it is to warfare. It is the difference between acting and reacting. By conceding the initiative to Styrmyr, we are letting them pick their battles and fight on their terms barring surprising. Short of having critical or choke points that the enemy has to take, you are giving your foe a free hand to attack you when you concede the initiative.

Initiative is one of those big important factors like morale and logistics. It can be a vast thing, but you don't need to know the exact details to understand that the enemy had the advantage of it over you is a bad thing.

Last edited:
It's difficult to tell, but this point seems to assume that Stymyr will be attacking from their central powerhouse on the other side of the Carpathians, and so we have to take "the mountain passes" to reduce their vectors of attack. I think this premise is also incorrect.

From what I've read of the map, the main Stymyr powerhouse should be the breadbasket on this side of the mountains, This was, in fact, one of the main rationales for conquering to the mountains: their diminished state, holding only the mountains, would leave them unable to truly threaten us (in a world without strong proto-nationalism, anyway). So, if we conquer to the mountains, that's essentially the war won already. The mountain passes are irrelevant.
This may be true in a more long term sense, but right now the Styrmyr already have a consolidated army, even if it is in retreat. If we committed to pursuing that army all the way into defensible ground, they'd end up bottled up in the mountains and have to stage a breakthrough into the teeth of our army or surrender.

If we don't make a move while they are reeling, they can just reorganize, split up and start raiding the Greenshore countryside to force our own army to spread across it to defend it. At which point their leader could try to reconsolidate and attack a weak point, but even if that proves too much for his army to do in a timely fashion he's still salvaged the situation quite handily and preserved the core of Styrmyr's forces for another go.

Last edited:
This may be true in a more long term sense, but right now the Styrmyr already have a consolidated army, even if it is in retreat. If we committed to pursuing that army all the way into defensible ground, they'd end up bottled up in the mountains and have to stage a breakthrough into the teeth of our army or surrender.

If we don't make a move while they are reeling, they can just reorganize, split up and start raiding the Greenshore countryside to force our own army to spread across it to defend it. At which point their leader could try to reconsolidate and attack a weak point, but even if that proves too much for his army to do in a timely fashion he's still salvaged the situation quite handily and preserved the core of Styrmyr's forces for another go.

On other hand, Styrmyr are limited by their army being an actual feudal levy. They aren't equipping and training the urban poor like we are so every man holding arms in their army isn't working the fields or doing their actual job. We can maintain our army indefinitely without harming our economy, but like a feudal state, they cannot as they failed to raise a City Levy and their standing army is a relatively handful of professionals that exist to act as officers for the levy troops that make up most of their army.

And while we got a time limit thanks to the need to take Thunder Plateau before 1623, Styrmyr doesn't know that. They need a quick win because as far as they know, the longer this war drags on, the more things shift in our favour. We have conceded the initiative to Styrmyr, but they still need to make a move against us if they want to avoid losing the war.

On other hand, Styrmyr are limited by their army being an actual feudal levy. They aren't equipping and training the urban poor like we are so every man holding arms in their army isn't working the fields or doing their actual job. We can maintain our army indefinitely without harming our economy, but like a feudal state, they cannot as they failed to raise a City Levy and their standing army is a relatively handful of professionals that exist to act as officers for the levy troops that make up most of their army.

And while we got a time limit thanks to the need to take Thunder Plateau before 1623, Styrmyr doesn't know that. They need a quick win because as far as they know, the longer this war drags on, the more things shift in our favour. We have conceded the initiative to Styrmyr, but they still need to make a move against us if they want to avoid losing the war.
Or, they can accept a relatively inexpensive loss of the war, preserving their knights and sending their farmers back home, while being fully aware that in a few years we'll be on to the next target of our revenge list. And that the next targets are both quite possibly strong enough to demand our undivided attention, depending on the fortunes of war (also known as the dice rolls).

Last edited:

I think I see. So conquering to the mountains would allow us to us contain Stymyr's retreating army in the mountains, while not doing so allows them to retreat into lands that we're not interested in holding. Sounds like a plausible reason for the conquest to be easier; thanks for the insight.

(Side-note: I guess it's more like "limited initiative", where our ability to chase is limited, and they therefore have breathing room to reorganize, but it's not outright allowing them first shot at Greenshore.)

Or, they can accept a relatively inexpensive loss of the war, preserving their knights and sending their farmers back home, while being fully aware that in a few years we'll be on to the next target of our revenge list. And that the next targets are both quite possibly strong enough to demand our undivided attention, depending on the fortunes of war (also known as the dice rolls).

That is true, but in that case, we got time to make nice and neutralise the threat from Styrmyr with diplomacy.

As @Aranfan said, information transfer is shit. Given that we declared war as soon as possible, their diplomat were either expelled or blocked from entering Valleyhome.

They could listen to traitor nobles who fled from Greenshore to try to predict their response, though. It's twenty years, and the Ymaryn had done surprising things, even for its citizen.

Last edited:
As @Aranfan said, information transfer is shit. Given that we declared war as soon as possible, their diplomat were either expelled or blocked from entering Valleyhome.

They could listen to traitor nobles who fled from Greenshore to try to predict their response, though. It's twenty years, and the Ymaryn had done surprising things, even for its citizen.
I mean, at some point one has to look at the pattern. We've been systematically retaking things, by diplomacy or force, and in order of convenience, starting with the provinces immediately near the Core and moving forwards with armies as we met opposition. We've been doing this very quickly too, considering just how much territory I speak of.

Anyone who is actually getting news from our little corner of the world most likely expects us to keep retaking until we either get every piece or are stopped by force, and Styrmyr is our immediate neighbor so they have plenty of opportunity to keep track of our progress, just by seeing more and more of the convenient nearby trade ports that ships out of Greenshore could contact were being reclaimed for the Ymaryn.

Our seeming focus on retaking our sea-side territories may lead to confusion for them if we attack Black Sheep instead of Western Wall, but they certainly expect us to fight someone.

Last edited:
Turn 16 (1609 Andyidh Dyadorn)
Turn 16 (1609 Andyidh Dyadorn)

[X] Counter any military thrusts, but do not conquer beyond the traditional Greenshore borders. (Militarily harder, Revaunchists weakened.)

Total Dice: 6 Influence, 2 Authority
Committed: 1 Influence, 1 Authority
Available Dice: 5 Influence, 1 Authority

Martial:

[] War Mission: Send the army to fight enemies. Can only be taken once per turn for any given enemy. (95%. 1 Year. Success and length of campaign rolled separately. Possible influence gains or losses depending on the result.)
-Write in Targets, one per influence

[] City Levy: Gather up some of the excess population in the cities and throw them at an enemy. Can only be taken once per turn for any given enemy. (90%. 1 Year. Expensive. Success and length of campaign rolled separately. Possible influence gains or losses depending on the result.)
-Write in Targets, one per influence

[] Activate The Mass Levy!: Arm and mobilize up to a million soldiers. The earth quakes at your approach. None can stand against the might of The People. (85%. 1 year. Success and length of campaign rolled separately. Possible influence gains or losses depending on result. Unsustainably expensive)
-Write in Targets, may choose as many as you like

[] Construct Warships, Redshore: With unified control of the Yllython shattered, there are going to be pirates and rebels in the sea closest to the core. The people need to build warships to suppress pirates and fight enemies. (70%. 2 years. +Warships. Expensive)

[] Construct Warships, New Blackmouth: The shipyards of New Blackmouth are once more ready and operational. (70%. 2 years. +Warships. Expensive)

[] Construct Warships, Trelli: You once more have Trelli. Its dockyards and shipyards are robust and capable. With those facilities you can build even more warships. (70%. 2 years. +Warships. Expensive)

[] Construct Warships, Salt Sea: You now share a sea with the Black Sheep. They will surely send foes by sea as well as land if they wish to achieve their ambition of displacing you. (70%. 2 years. +Warships. Expensive)

[] Construct Warships, Harmurri Gulf: Do you really need warships on the Monsoon Sea? The trade there is quite civilized with much less piracy than on the Saffron Sea. (70%. 2 years. +Warships. Expensive)

[] Found Banner Company: The storied mercenary companies of the Melkut Ymaryn were ancient institutions, that played important roles in both martial and diplomatic matters. Having a banner company at your beck and call, able to be loaned out to allies or against enemies, it is a powerful tool. An expensive one though. (100%. 3 Years. Expensive, -.5 Income, potentially profitable, may be taken more than once)

Diplomacy:

[] Seek Loan: You are strapped for cash. Other states have money that you could use. Ask them if they would be willing to float a loan. (85%, +1 Treasury Status, -.1 Income, -1 Prestige and probable -influence)
-Write in who to seek loan from, requires at least 5/10 opinion, may be taken more than once

[] Honor of Elites, Western Wall: Demand the rebels surrender and swear fealty once again to their rightful lord! (Narrative%. 1 year, +Influence, Casus Belli if failed)

[] Rage Against The Steppes!: Demand the Black Sheep savages surrender and abandon their oppression of the people of the Thunder Plateau. (Narrative%. 1 year. +Influence)

[] Diplomatic Contact, Highlanders: What have the Highlanders gotten up to in these last thousand years? Do you even care so long as they stay in their hills? (???% 1 Year. Possible -Influence)

[] Diplomatic Contact, Berba: Who are the Berba and what do they want? (???%. 1 Year.)

[] Diplomatic Contact, Hellas: Who are the Hellas and what do they want? Besides Trelli. (???%. 1 Year.)

[] Diplomatic Contact, Norsca: Who are the Norsca and what do they want? (???%. 1 Year.)

[] Sell Bombards, Kus Minors: Do any of the minor powers of Kus want bombards? (75%, 1 Year, Probable Profit)

[] Sell Bombards, Ealam: Does Ealam want bombards? (75%. 1 Year. Profitable. Possible -Kurna opinion, possible -Magyar Opinion)

Sell Bombards, Behryvar: Does Behryvar want bombards? (75%. 1 Year. Profitable.)

[] Sell Bombards, Hasun: Do the Hasun want bombards? (75%. 1 Year. Profitable. Probable -Amber Road Opinion)

[] Sell Bombards, Germanum Minors: Do the minors of the Rex Germanum want bombards? (75%. 1 Year. Probable Profit.)

[] Sell Bombards, Rex Germanum: Does the Rex of the Doych want bombards? (75%, 1 year, Profitable?, possible -Pamplona Opinion)

[] Sell Bombards, North Saffron Minors: Do the minors of north saffron want bombards? (75%. 1 Year. Probable Profit. Possible -Pamplona Opinion, possible -Rex Germanum opinion)

[] Negotiate Trade Deal: In the cutthroat world of commerce it is said that for one to benefit another must lose. Even so, it might be worthwhile to formalize trade deals with various powers. (85%. 1 Year. +.1 Income and -1 Opinion if Prestige > Target or -.1 Income and +1 Opinion if Prestige < Target, may be taken multiple times with different targets, possible opinion effects on third parties)
-Write in target
--Khem on Cooldown until 1618

Establish Trade Enclaves, Hung: The Central Empire is extremely rich with vast markets for your goods. They are notorious for being quite strict with their trading partners, who they refer to as "tributaries". However, you are the only other state they consider civilized. It should be possible to negotiate with them much more even trade deals, as well as dedicated trading enclaves to facilitate trade on the model of the many enclaves among Saffron and Monsoon powers. (75%. 5 Years. +[3d6h2]*0.1 Income) in progress

[] Peace Talks, Styrmyr: You have achieved your war goals, attempt to negotiate peace with the styrmyr. (Narrative%. 1 Year. Peace.)

Admin:

[] Math Reform: The Kus have made advances in the notation of mathematics beyond the wildest dreams of the people. Not to mention the substance of math. "Zero"… it will change everything once people get a handle on it. If you were to institute reforms that changed the Melkut Ymaryn to the superior Kus system of math, then there would be immense savings simply from more precise ability to keep track of things. Of course, until the bureaucracy got a hang of the new numbers, it would be pure chaos. (16%. 5 Years. Extremely Expensive, -1 Authority immediately, +1 Income)

[] Reestablish Administrative Control, Greenshore: Greenshore is once more within your control. All that remains is to switch from the military administration to the civilian bureaucracy. This will involving raising new nobles to replace traitors and Styrmyr, on the model of what happened in Tinshore. (90%. 1 Year. +1 Treasury, +.5 Income, +1 Influence.)

[] Survey Hathytta Province: Hathytta has long been the center of your mining industries. Many enterprising citizens will even try to survey and find valuable resources on their own initiative. Still, the land is rich and another survey can do no harm. (???%. 1 Year. Resources?)

[] Survey Txolla Province: Txolla has been surveyed many times, but technology and the skill of surveyors is always improving. It might be possible to find something of use on the floodplains. (???%. 1 Year. Resources?)

[] Survey Tinshore Province: Tinshore has been surveyed many times, but technology and the skill of surveyors is always improving. It might be possible to find something of use there. (???%. 1 Year. Resources?)

[] Survey Core: The Core has been surveyed many times, but technology and the skill of surveyors is always improving. It might be possible to find something of use there. (???%. 1 Year. Resources?)

[] Survey Northern Core: The Northern Core has been surveyed many times, but technology and the skill of surveyors is always improving. It might be possible to find something of use there. (???%. 1 Year. Resources?)

[] Survey Memory of Spirits Province: Memory of Spirits has been surveyed many times, but technology and the skill of surveyors is always improving. It might be possible to find something of use there. (???%. 1 Year. Resources?)

[] Develop Wagon Ways, Stonepen: Stonepen was always the smallest of your great cities, as it did not have an easily navigable waterway to help feed it. With wagonways, such as you have in mines and in the great cities of Redshore and Trelli, it would be possible to roughly quadruple the ammount of goods shipped to and from Stonepen. (55%. 4 years. Very Expensive, +.1 Income, +15% on Wagonways Megaprojects)

[] Support Province: Give one of the provinces considerable sums of money to assist in their current infrastructural projects. (85%, 1 Year, Expensive, +Province Loyalty)
-Write in which province

Intrigue:

[] Establish Spy Network: Establish a spy network in one of the places you have diplomatic contact with. (33%. 3 Years. Fails entirely if it fails once. Unlocks options. May be taken multiple times, but only with different targets.)
-Write in Target

[] Create Sleeper Cells, Black Sheep: You have your hooks in the Black Sheep. Find people who are willing to join your cause when you go to liberate them. (???%. ? Years. ???)

[] Attempt Assasination, Styrmyr Heir: Styrmyr's heir is the man primarily responsible for their continued resistance. Murder him. (???%. 1 year. Styrmyr's Heir dead.)

Mysticism:

[] Spreading the Warding, Abyss: The land of Abyss seems to be a robust and centralized state. It can be trusted with the knowledge of the Sacred Warding. Fighting the starpox is always desirable. (50%. 5 Years. +1 Abyss Opinion, possible +1 Abyss Opinion. Starpox fought.)

[] Spreading the Warding, Hung: The Central Empire has an extremely robust bureaucracy. They can be trusted with the sacred warding. It should be spread to them, to defend as many people as possible against the starpox. (50%. 7 years, +1 Hung Opinion, possible +1 Hung opinion. Starpox fought.) In progress

[] Spreading the Warding, Amber Road: Amber Road lost their herds when the Great Khan rolled through. However, the institutions they have been building are robust. It would be quite simple to restore the warding to them. (75%. 4 years. +Amber Road Opinion. Starpox fought)

[] Against Cholera, Vynta: The people of Vynta do not appear to know the way to treat and fight cholera. Spread it to them. (85%. 1 Year. Possible +Vynta Opinion.)

[]Against Cholera, Ruma: The people of Ruma lack your ability to treat the cholera. Teach them how. (85%. 1 Year. Possible +Ruma Opinion)

[] Against Cholera, Pamplona: The people of Pamplona are without a treatment for cholera. Help them fight it. (85%. 1 Year. Possible + Pamplona Opinion)

[] Against Cholera, Abyss: The people of Abyss lack a treatment for the cholera. Demonstrate your might and generosity by giving your to them. (85%. 1 Year. Possible +Abyss Opinion)

[] Against Cholera, Rexum Germanum: The Doych are without protection against the ravages of cholera. You could give it to them. (85%. 1 year. +Rexum Germanum Opinion)

FREE ACTIONS:

[] Rent out Banner Companies: Uncommitted Banner Companies may be rented out for a five year term. (Profitable).

[] Deploy Banner Companies: Uncommitted Banner Companies may be deployed to a war zone of your choice.

All banner companies currently deployed.

MEGAPROJECTS:

Greenhouses: The Kings of old built a number of grand greenhouses to tend exotic plants from far away, so that they could be studied and for their own enjoyment. Most of these greenhouses were smashed by the Great Khan. Restore them. (Authority + 90%, 20 Years, -1 Treasury Status every four years)

Signal Towers: One of the issues that always plagued the governance of the Thunder Plateau was how far away and difficult to reach it was. It would be possible to set up signal relay towers along the way, which would greatly speed up messaging between the Plateau and the Core. It would take a lot of precision glasswork for the spyglasses, however. (Authority + 75%, 20 Years, -1 Treasury Status every four years)

Wagonways, Thunder Plateau: One of the issues that has always plagued the governance of the Thunder Plateau was how far away and difficult to reach it was. The transportation of goods especially suffered from this. However, it is possible to remedy this. There are rails used in the mines to ease transportation, and such things are also used in the Great Docks of Redshore. It would be possible to make rails of iron to vastly improve the carrying capacity of the horse wagons. However, this would require truly vast amounts of iron. (Authority + 50%, 25 years, -1 Treasury Status every four years, Expensive)

Reform THE LAW: It has been a very long time since the last time the Law was compiled and streamlined. There has been much accumulation of loopholes, drifts, and patching as the times changed. The current law is confusing and difficult and in many ways outdated. It should be simplified, updated for the current age, and recodified. (Authority + 90%, 20 Years, -1 Treasury Status every four years, +1 Authority on completion)

Personal Action (Choose One):
[] Work Overtime (+1 temp Influence, +Stress)
[] Relax with Family (-Stress)
[] Catch up on the latest plays and theological debates (-Stress)
[] Attend to a particular action personally. (Provides bonus to action)
-[] Write in Action

Voting is by plan.
Two Hour Moratorium.

Last edited:
[] Peace Talks, Styrmyr: You have achieved your war goals, attempt to negotiate peace with the styrmyr. (Narrative%. 1 Year. Peace.)
We'll want to put Authority on this, maybe personal attention.
@Aranfan Do our advisors think that personal attention would help with this action?

[] Reestablish Administrative Control, Greenshore: Greenshore is once more within your control. All that remains is to switch from the military administration to the civilian bureaucracy. This will involving raising new nobles to replace traitors and Styrmyr, on the model of what happened in Tinshore. (90%. 1 Year. +1 Treasury, +.5 Income, +1 Influence.)
We should throw an Influence on this.

@Aranfan Are the revanchists appeased by the ongoing war with Styrmyr?

We'll want to put Authority on this, maybe personal attention.
@Aranfan Do our advisors think that personal attention would help with this action?

Probably. But it would be reduntant to do it with authority.

@Aranfan Are the revanchists appeased by the ongoing war with Styrmyr?

No, you should be conquering to the natural borders so the Styrmyr can never make you suffer this humiliation again. REE.

Reintegrating Greenshore would prevent influence loss from revaunchists tho.

[] Plan Oshha
-[] Authority: Peace Talks, Styrmyr: You have achieved your war goals, attempt to negotiate peace with the styrmyr. (Narrative%. 1 Year. Peace.)
-[] Influence: Reestablish Administrative Control, Greenshore: Greenshore is once more within your control. All that remains is to switch from the military administration to the civilian bureaucracy. This will involving raising new nobles to replace traitors and Styrmyr, on the model of what happened in Tinshore. (90%. 1 Year. +1 Treasury, +.5 Income, +1 Influence.)
-[] Influence: Against Cholera, Pamplona: The people of Pamplona are without a treatment for cholera. Help them fight it. (85%. 1 Year. Possible + Pamplona Opinion)
-[] Influence: Diplomatic Contact, Hellas: Who are the Hellas and what do they want? Besides Trelli. (???%. 1 Year.)
-[] Influence: Diplomatic Contact, Berba: Who are the Berba and what do they want? (???%. 1 Year.)
-[] Influence: Diplomatic Contact, Norsca: Who are the Norsca and what do they want? (???%. 1 Year.)
-[] Attend to a particular action personally. (Provides bonus to action)
--[] Peace Talks, Styrmyr

Here is my plan. We want peace with Styrmyr so we can switch our attention to Thunder Plateau so I'm putting Authority on Peace Talks with personal attention to hopefully increase the chances of Styrmyr accepting since our king is personally getting involved. One Influence is going to re-establishing control over Greenshore for money and the Influence plus appeasing the revanchists. One Influence goes giving the Cholera Cure to Pam while the final three Influence go to filling out our final diplomatic contacts apart from the Highland Kingdom.

We got enough money for now even if we weren't getting more from Greenshore so we don't need to spend an action selling guns. I want to start going the Against Cholera spam over the next few turns so on top of giving it to Pam this year, I want to finish making our diplomatic contacts so we can focus on spamming Against Cholera. Revanchists are appeased by Greenshore integration while Txollan King is appeased by ongoing Hung Trade. This plan will leave us with 1 Authority and 5 Influence to work with next year regardless of which actions pass or fail.

Not quite sure we should be doing it right IMO. Stymyr hadn't suffered much if any losses, and so they aren't weary of anything.

Losses and weariness have nothing to do with it. We want the war over and done with so we can begin to deal with the Black Sheep since we got until 1623 to get Thunder Plateau back, which will take the better part of a decade at the minimum.

Last edited:
[] Plan Strengthen Alliance
-[] Authority: Peace Talks, Styrmyr: You have achieved your war goals, attempt to negotiate peace with the styrmyr. (Narrative%. 1 Year. Peace.)
-[] Influence: Reestablish Administrative Control, Greenshore: Greenshore is once more within your control. All that remains is to switch from the military administration to the civilian bureaucracy. This will involving raising new nobles to replace traitors and Styrmyr, on the model of what happened in Tinshore. (90%. 1 Year. +1 Treasury, +.5 Income, +1 Influence.)
-[] Influence: Against Cholera, Pamplona: The people of Pamplona are without a treatment for cholera. Help them fight it. (85%. 1 Year. Possible + Pamplona Opinion)
-[] Spreading the Warding, Amber Road: Amber Road lost their herds when the Great Khan rolled through. However, the institutions they have been building are robust. It would be quite simple to restore the warding to them. (75%. 4 years. +Amber Road Opinion. Starpox fought)
-[] Influence: Diplomatic Contact, Berba: Who are the Berba and what do they want? (???%. 1 Year.)
-[] Influence: Diplomatic Contact, Hellas: Who are the Hellas and what do they want? Besides Trelli. (???%. 1 Year.)

Slightly modified. We want to make sure that Amber Road is strengthened as soon as possible to reduce the chance of dying.

I am not sure that talking to Stymyr would do us much good, but you never know.

We want to make sure that Amber Road is strengthened as soon as possible to reduce the chance of dying.

We have to be careful with the Sacred Warding. It was less than a decade ago that we had to be careful about not having enough cows to spread it any further. We ended up with enough for Tinshore, but between that and going it with the Hung, I want to make sure that we have enough cows to spread the Sacred Warding to Greenshore. If we still got enough spare cows after we restored the Sacred Warding in Greenshore, I will be interested in spreading it to Amber Road, but until then, I want to conserve what we got left lest we spread the Sacred Warding too thin and it begins to develop cracks or just collapses.

Edit: It was only five years ago that we had to roll to see if we had enough cows to spread the Sacred Warding to Tinshore. We have already taken a risk by spreading the Sacred Warding to Hung. We can't afford to start spreading it to Amber Road when we have yet to spread it to Greenshore.

Last edited:
Probably. But it would be reduntant to do it with authority.
We don't gain anything extra by putting both personal attention and authority on Peace Talks.

Back