Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
[X] A softly lit temple, with sparking qi barriers blocking the way toward its rear. Behind them, you can see the looming shadow of a great statue of some forgotten great spirit.

More worldbuilding for pre empire stuff.

[X] A corridor seemingly composed wholly of roses and thorny vines, that split and twisted into the distance, forming a great labyrinth

This can only end well, given Ling Qi's romantic hang ups. :V:V

[X] A corridor seemingly composed wholly of roses and thorny vines, that split and twisted into the distance, forming a great labyrinth

Forgot to vote. Let's Harry Potter this thing! Hedge maze is a go!

[X] A softly lit temple, with sparking qi barriers blocking the way toward its rear. Behind them, you can see the looming shadow of a great statue of some forgotten great spirit.

giving the temple some competition.

But while I think it'd be hilarious if this was a romance trial, I also gotta admit that out of potential husbandos, he's pretty low on my list for Ling Qi's harem. Like, I like him. But he also liked Cai for a while and that might get into weird territory. Right now, he's a great candidate to be a close male friend though.

[x] A corridor seemingly composed wholly of roses and thorny vines, that split and twisted into the distance, forming a great labyrinth

Minotaur fight!

Come on people. At least try to work out what the plotline will be
[] A corridor seemingly composed wholly of roses and thorny vines, that split and twisted into the distance, forming a great labyrinth

[/QUOTE]
This one is going to either be a "Finding each other" thing complete with fakes like the Meizen mimic we fought, or a "you need eachother's skills to proceed" thing.
The biggest danger I see here is that the true treasure might have always been each other. And that would suck.
[] A softly lit temple, with sparking qi barriers blocking the way toward its rear. Behind them, you can see the looming shadow of a great statue of some forgotten great spirit.
An accidental marriage plotline, that starts with us walking up the isle together, and ends with us making peace with it/ doing it again after falling in love.
The biggest issue I see here is that in our trying to undo the marriage, we might fail to entertain the great spirit enough that she throws in actual dangers at us.
[] A pier and a little boat tied to it, floating on a river that flows into the yawning mouth of an ominous cave.
To complete the trio, here we have a path that forces us closely together for a time, in the dark, desperately protecting one another, learning to trust each-other and ending with us falling in love. This has the greatest actual danger, but definitely feels more LingQi-ish.

[/taking joke too far]

As someone pointed out in discord, we have already heard about a labyrinth trial, that was related to the moon. Like this one might be, with the 8 pointed stars and puzzles for entry.

Given that we were trying for a stealth insight, I am gonna choose the labyrinth.

Yeah, there seems to be some indication based on DLS that the labyrinth might be related to the Grinning Moon. It's not much to go on, but we don't have much information about any of these trials regardless. I'd also prefer Grinning Moon to Hidden Moon, which the statue trial might be related to if this theory is correct.

Adhoc vote count started by Huo Yuhao on Apr 8, 2019 at 5:43 PM, finished with 67 posts and 50 votes.

Adhoc vote count started by Huo Yuhao on Apr 8, 2019 at 6:20 PM, finished with 77 posts and 55 votes.

Adhoc vote count started by Huo Yuhao on Apr 9, 2019 at 12:52 AM, finished with 135 posts and 86 votes.

Well we should get moving then," Ling Qi said. "Thank you Hanyi."

"Of course," the young girl preened at her thanks. "Your gonna have to wake up that big doofus though."

"What happened to Zhengui?" Ling Qi asked curiously.

"He ate and fell asleep," Hanyi huffed. "See if I sing a bunch of deer to him again," she grumbled darkly as she hopped off the wall to lead the way.
*facepalms*

.....Zhengui that's not the proper response to a girl giving you a present.

[X] A pier and a little boat tied to it, floating on a river that flows into the yawning mouth of an ominous cave.

Love, exciting and new
Come aboard, were expecting you
Love, lifes sweetest reward
Let it flow, it floats back to you

They put their hands where the dots in a Yin Yang sign are, so the Yin dot is on the Yang side and the Yang dot is on the Yin side.

The real question here in terms of judging Xuan Shi's suitability is how beefy he is under his robes. Which of these options is most likely to reveal his abs?

Yeah though, this looks like it's going to be a barrel of fun.

CDE also turned out to be neat! Not overpowering, but has a great aesthetic and lots of room to grow, I like it!

I wonder what the final stage gives us?

Last edited:
Back