Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
[X] Zhengui would be awakening soon. Arrange for transportation, so that you can take your family out to see his awakening. Your arts will be more than enough to ensure their safety for a short trip.

Family trip!

I really do like the idea of Zhengui waking up and seeing LQ, Hanyi, Grandmother and Chibi-Aunt together, will be pretty nice for him I hope.

[X] Zhengui would be awakening soon. Arrange for transportation, so that you can take your family out to see his awakening. Your arts will be more than enough to ensure their safety for a short trip.

nothing can go wrong!

If this involves Ling Qi's family learning more about her day-to-day life and the cultivation world, it should be be very helpful in bringing Ling Qi closer to her family. The best way to get our family used to the world of cultivation is to continuously give them more exposure to it, not to give them time to recover between each round of exposure.

Last edited:

Should probably have a system where the vote gets closed quickly when the different is overwhelming and certain as it's likely to be in this case.

Just caught up with all the chapters so far :) Looks like my first vote will be in the minority though (so far at least), Qi already dumped quite a lot of things on her mother, some moderation is warranted.

[X] Zhengui would be awakening soon. You doubt that he will be able to control his size fully right away. Arrange to bring him to an open area near town after his awakening, for a family visit.

No moratorium?
I like 1 more for Hanyi and the impression it will leave on Biyu (have to think, how old was Meizhen the first time she saw a Green Snake?) but I think it will be a bit more jarring on Qingqe.

I mean, I'm sure we could ask Li Suyin to handle any minor injuries like shock induced cardiac arrest, but is it worth the stress?

[X] Zhengui would be awakening soon. You doubt that he will be able to control his size fully right away. Arrange to bring him to an open area near town after his awakening, for a family visit.

Bringing the family to see him waking up makes it feel too much like a spectacle. Let his breakthrough happen in private, then do the family visit.

You know what would be funny, Cui tsundereing over to being there when Zhengui wakes up, bringing Meizhen with her, with this then ending up as the first meeting between Meizhen and our family and at the same time being the confrontation between Cui and Hanyi.

First there's the fear aura, then there's the ominous hissing from the giant snake and freezing music, then the floor is suddenly on fire and rising up...

Fun times for Qingge.

Thankfully our domain means she probably wouldn't faint...

I'm not sure bringing the mortals along is such a great idea due to how it's fairly certain to alarm them, but this seems like the option that lets us see the awakening on screen so they'll just have to live with it.

We have our nemesis in worm-puppet-boy, red-death-princess, and possible-stalker new guy (if he still cares).

Maybe it's fine but I'd really rather not tempt fate. Heck, I'd be fine with keeping Zhengui away until he can shrink a decent amount all over again.

Whichever option wins, Sixiang is probably going to be working double translating (?) for Zhengui.

I think mom needs some time process Hanyi's existence first.

Given our recent commitment to involve our family more in our life I feel that the arrange for transportation option is fitting. They get to experience some of the world outside of the city/village in a way that they never would if we weren't a part of their life. It is more of an experience for them to travel through the wilderness to Zhengui's resting site then to travel to a space just a short distance away from the village.

There is something special about experiencing a world that has always been out of reach. To see things that few mortals ever will, and to have the ability to say "I have done that." Having the chance to see a Xuan Wu awaken from their slumber is just another one of those experiences. How many people can say that they've seen a Xuan Wu awaken from a hibernation? I would harbor few outside of the Savage Sea. And that probably includes cultivators. This is an experience few will ever have the chance to witness, made all the more special by the ties of family.

So yes, it will be more dangerous, but the event will be spectacular to witness first hand.

In that vein, I will be voting:

Option A is take our family to him, at our house in the Inner Sect.
Option B is take Zhengui to them, at our house in the mortal town.

While B is obviously safer for our family, but A has the benefit of showning the world we live in to them, in a relatively safe way. The worse that can happen is someone's domain getting a bit out of hand, which (i hope) isn't lethal even to mere mortals.
I'll show-case to Ling Qingge why exactly she needs this cultivation if she wants to remain a significant part of Ling Qi's (and eventually Biyu's) life.
With some luck Biyu will also find something to be motivated about...
It's highly likely that it'll also allow us to introduce a few of our friends to our mortal family.

Thinking about it, it's a pity our domain is entirely useless to protect them (neighter are at 4 dots relationship) :(

They are still mortal, they are fragile, and accidents can happen.
Taking some precautions and making sure to be gentle with them is neither disrepectful nor keeping them out of your life

I guess that we will summon our mist for the trip? Few spirit beasts would dare to intrude into it.

Oh dear. I supposed it should have been expected that Hanyi would be both jealous of Ling Qi's other family and none too impressed with them for being mortals. On the plus side, she talked like a person in understandable, out loud language, and that will go a long way to making her feel like a person to Mom and Hanyi.

We have our nemesis in worm-puppet-boy, red-death-princess, and possible-stalker new guy (if he still cares).

Maybe it's fine but I'd really rather not tempt fate. Heck, I'd be fine with keeping Zhengui away until he can shrink a decent amount all over again.
I mean... yes we have enemies but attacking our family is such an escalation that the Sect will be forced to step in and deal with the situation. For basically all but Sun Liling it will be a death sentence imposed by the Sect to try and restitch relations with the Cai. For Sun Liling it will be political disgrace and her family will suffer a huge political backlash even in the Celestial peaks given the Sects connections to the Imperial Family. Attacking our family in such a direct way while we are at the sect is not worth it for even our most aggressive adversaries.

The greatest dangers, in my opinion, will be spirit beasts and Zhengui being a bit too enthusiastic upon his awakening.

Last edited:
[x] Zhengui would be awakening soon. You doubt that he will be able to control his size fully right away. Arrange to bring him to an open area near town after his awakening, for a family visit.

Back