Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
[X] Darkness
[X] Water

the Darkness/Wind votes are really just Wind votes in the end

also stop with this dark=bad crap. it's the same as dismissing the summoning arts Ling Qi's been offered because they're not pretty or cool enough

Last edited:
Maybe I'm misremembering things, but way back in the first thread, wasn't there some kind of ??? bonus towards wind arts for Ling Qi? People even thought it was because she was the child of a barbarian or something...

That bonus is still a thing, and we still don't know where it came from. Presumably, it has something to do with Ling Qi's deadbeat dad, but who knows. We'll probably need to talk to Qingge to learn more.

the ??? bonus has never been consequential or large in any meaningful way. what's it given us, +7 points of archery and knives and a total of, like, 3 dice rolled?

[X] Wind
[X] Wood

These had the two character traits Id like to see more of. Simple joys and ways of confronting problems.

I'm equally ambivalent between Darkness and Wind, so I see no need to be strategic here.

Darkness is probably stronger, but the way Sixiang warns us about things in narrative promises to play nice with Harmony if she has some Wind flavor, and I'm fine with either.

[X] wood

*wakes up and sees latest update*

"Captain, I see a salt mine in the distance!"

[X] Darkness

Voting for this just cause I feel that I don't need to vote for wind. Right now though, I have no idea of our plans for our mains. The contenders: Wind, Darkness, Moon, Music?, Wood.

And here I had it in my head that we are going to main Moon/Darkness/Music, but then this vote came up.

Important questions here:
-What is the element to a muse?
-What is the element to Ling Qi?

[] Wind

Ling Qi - Joy, freedom, creativity, safety.
Sixiang - Transience, joy, light music to uplift spirits. Think pop music

[] Darkness

Ling Qi - Greed, Love, Safety
Sixiang - Desire, dense, sensual music to arouse passions, think jazz music

[] Water

Ling Qi - Perserverence, dedication, focus, "why is this stalking me"
Sixiang - Powerful, insistent, can't map a particular music to it offhand though, theres one, I can't remember the name.

[] Wood

Ling Qi - Family, friends, growth, harmony, but mostly Zhengui
Sixiang - Uplifting, mood setting music. Think orchestral woodwind.

(Noting all listed are from memory, can't research in a car)

Back