Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
[x] She flew to the Silent Stones, though she disliked the implications, it was the only moon site she knew

The Bloody Moon sucks, don't want anything to do with it. Could ruin Sixiang's personality. Argent Vent is a good choice and is close by.

[X] She flew to the Silent Stones, though she disliked the implications, it was the only moon site she knew

Swinging the heavy door open, Ling QI sucked in a surprised breath as potent qi washed over her.

"Now that's a good feel," Sixiang sighed happily as Ling Qi stepped past the threshold.

I believe it's the only one of the three we have explicit Sixiang feels on. As such I am voting for what she consider good.

[X] She flew back home to the Argent Vent, with its solid foundation building qi

"It's just uh… might've put a little too much into my project, I'm almost done, I just need a little more…. Could you...find somewhere with better background Qi...please?" Sixiang's voice seemed to fade and waver in and out alarmingly with every word.

Originally i read that line with the ... being hesitations, but after rereading I wonder if those are just sections where Sixiang was still speaking but had wavered out of being audible. If that is the case, i wonder what words may fill in those spaces.

[X] She flew back home to the Argent Vent, with its solid foundation building qi
The quote from Archangis is enough to change my vote, good catch! I was going for narrative beginning/end at the moon site but Argent Vent is verbally approved by sixiang.

"It's just uh… might've put a little too much into my project, I'm almost done, I just need a little more…. Could you...find somewhere with better background Qi...please?" Sixiang's voice seemed to fade and waver in and out alarmingly with every word.

Originally i read that line with the ... being hesitations, but after rereading I wonder if those are just sections where Sixiang was still speaking but had wavered out of being audible. If that is the case, i wonder what words may fill in those spaces.
I read it as moments they're unable to speak rather than either of those meanings.

The quote from Archangis is enough to change my vote, good catch! I was going for narrative beginning/end at the moon site but Argent Vent is verbally approved by sixiang.

@Alectai pointed it out before me, even if he didn't put the quote. Not going to steal his hard work. :V

[X] She flew to Zeqing's home, the single most potent qi locus she could think of

No love for the snow mom?
For shame people, for shame.

Ah, I didn't realize Siaxiang was the "they've" in "They've straight up called it Good Stuff in the past, let's presume they weren't lying." Thought he was just saying that argent vents are good because the sect says they are. The actual quote really helped with the context.

[x] She flew to the Silent Stones, though she disliked the implications, it was the only moon site she knew

Sixiang... kinda seems like she's making it up as shes's going along in terms of her domain. I think helping her foundation would be best so she's less likely to suffer a backlash or something when she's experimenting.

[X] She flew to the Silent Stones, though she disliked the implications, it was the only moon site she knew

Back