Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
My personal preference is to leave it alone, @Arkeus.

High resources are too expensive; they cost a full GSS and waste exactly half of that compared to using a GSS directly. Half a GSS is worth about one AP, and the advantage it gets us is not worth an AP.

That, and training FVM next turn has the fortunate side effect of making woodwind/manipulation have the +1s from keywords, as well as mean we'll see Zeqing then too.
Personally I think it is worth the GSS costs this turn. If we don't get cap FVM this turn, we'll use an AP on finishing it up next turn; and while that will have runoff, runoff XP seems to be heavily penalized. Moreover there are other costs; we wouldn't get the new and improved version of FVM to use during our challenge this turn. Narratively, we're highly likely to pick Zeqing as our social action this month, what with all of the music training we're doing. And it makes a lot of narrative sense to finish off FSS and FVM when picking Zeqing. Finally, the opportunity cost of using money on high pills right now rather than GSS in many months is lower than it might seem, due to the "many months" part of that sentence. We have plenty of GSS to run max GSS for at least 10 months, and quite frankly probably more as our income will also be rising. Sure, having another GSS to use for cultivation in 10 months would be nice, but it's such a long way in the future that you have to discount it somewhat.

I really, really want to slot FVM, and 66% chance is not enough for me(as we will finish a lot of arts and thus risk slotting a lot of arts), I just didn't notice it at first.

[X] Drugged-Fueled Musical Battle Royale
We're actually not going to finish a bunch of arts, we're going to be soft-capping them, ie getting them as high as we can in Appraisal, but not actually finishing them, which has to wait for Foundation. The only art other than FVM that we will actually finish this upcoming turn is FSS. In month 4, we'll probably finish off SCS, and maaaaybe CDE, if we can find time for CDE between SCS, TRF, PLR, base cultivation, other new arts, and opening meridians for all of this. There are no other arts we'll finish this turn or next turn. So FVM should be safe. Finally, if you don't like FVM at 66% chance to finish, might I suggest "Plan Music Month" or "Plan CRX won't bully Druggie Ling Qi with her dispels anymore" if you'd still like to get SES rather than EANP?

Mm fair point about cost (though between overflow and the music pill it's ~1AP to base so not a total loss), just annoyed at the FVM risk (since it'll be nice to get this big leap music accomplishment, plus you know, it's likely to help in a combat challenge) and don't care that much about domain slot votes*.

[X] Plan CRX won't bully us with her dispels anymore
[X] Plan CRX won't bully Druggie Ling Qi with her dispels anymore
[X] Plan Music Month
[X] Skill plan: Sweetly Social Songs

* haven't had direct confirmation about this being solved but yrs is very aware of the issues with AM insight vote at least.

@yrsillar a random question I got during a reread: There was a mention of family dinners of the Bai and another point where it was mentioned that higher tier cultivators had different tastes (Ling Qi in conversation with Meizhen) and I was wondering how such a dinner would look like? Would everyone get food based on their cultivation progress?

Last edited:
Personally I think it is worth the GSS costs this turn. If we don't get cap FVM this turn, we'll use an AP on finishing it up next turn; and while that will have runoff, runoff XP seems to be heavily penalized. Moreover there are other costs; we wouldn't get the new and improved version of FVM to use during our challenge this turn. Narratively, we're highly likely to pick Zeqing as our social action this month, what with all of the music training we're doing. And it makes a lot of narrative sense to finish off FSS and FVM when picking Zeqing. Finally, the opportunity cost of using money on high pills right now rather than GSS in many months is lower than it might seem, due to the "many months" part of that sentence. We have plenty of GSS to run max GSS for at least 10 months, and quite frankly probably more as our income will also be rising. Sure, having another GSS to use for cultivation in 10 months would be nice, but it's such a long way in the future that you have to discount it somewhat.

We're actually not going to finish a bunch of arts, we're going to be soft-capping them, ie getting them as high as we can in Appraisal, but not actually finishing them, which has to wait for Foundation. The only art other than FVM that we will actually finish this upcoming turn is FSS. In month 4, we'll probably finish off SCS, and maaaaybe CDE, if we can find time for CDE between SCS, TRF, PLR, base cultivation, other new arts, and opening meridians for all of this. There are no other arts we'll finish this turn or next turn. So FVM should be safe. Finally, if you don't like FVM at 66% chance to finish, might I suggest "Plan Music Month" or "Plan CRX won't bully Druggie Ling Qi with her dispels anymore" if you'd still like to get SES rather than EANP?

It just move the entire thing one month more away (as we would finish SES, HDW, SCS, maybe TRF), but the problem is still there.

It just move the entire thing one month more away (as we would finish SES, HDW, SCS, maybe TRF), but the problem is still there.

if you like safer odds, then could I interest you in approval voting the plan
[] Plan Music Month
(Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny) - Original | Page 309)
in addition to the Battle Royale? (if you vote for multiple plans in the same post then they all count in the tally)

I promise medium pills, a challenge and safe odds for Bronze 2, FVM 8 (max), FSS 6 (max) , HDW 4 (cap), EPC 7 (cap) and SES 3

Last edited:
[X] Plan Music Month

Approval voting these to boost the chance of FVM.

Ling Qi: "Drugs. Drugs and money. And spreadsheets. Drugs, Money, and Spreadsheets."
God, she sounds high. She sounds tired and high at the same time, like she's only just barely holding onto consciousness through the power of entirely legal drugs.

Can the +1 from keywords stack? I'm wondering why Perceptiveness is the only skill/attribute that has two asterisks.

if you like safer odds, then could I interest you in approval voting the plan
[] Plan Music Month
(Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny) - Original | Page 309)
in addition to the Battle Royale? (if you vote for multiple plans in the same post then they all count in the tally)

I promise medium pills, a challenge and safe odds for Bronze 2, FVM 8 (max), FSS 6 (max) , HDW 4 (cap), EPC 7 (cap) and SES 3

Fair.

[X] Plan Music Month
[X] Drugged-Fueled Musical Battle Royale

SES and HDW won't cap until at least month 6 as we won't get Green 3 until at least month 5 and both finish in Green 3, not Green 2. TRF needs 5 AP to cap, so as we aren't training it this month it won't cap until month 5. The only thing you've listed there that we'll cap month 4 is SCS. Even if we miss FVM this month we'll cap it month 4. I don't like gambling on FVM this month, but domain slots for it are not an issue.

SES and HDW won't cap until at least month 6 as we won't get Green 3 until at least month 5 and both finish in Green 3, not Green 2. TRF needs 5 AP to cap, so as we aren't training it this month it won't cap until month 5. The only thing you've listed there that we'll cap month 4 is SCS. Even if we miss FVM this month we'll cap it month 4. I don't like gambling on FVM this month, but domain slots for it are not an issue.

Uh, changing back my vote then.

[X] Plan Music Month

God, she sounds high. She sounds tired and high at the same time, like she's only just barely holding onto consciousness through the power of entirely legal drugs.

Can the +1 from keywords stack? I'm wondering why Perceptiveness is the only skill/attribute that has two asterisks.

They dont stack. The two asterisks are there as Perceptiveness is with EPC (Art bonus) and because that is a Moon art which should profit from the location Silent Stones for another +1. (if the location actually works that way)

If FVM failing stops us from doing Zeqing until month four, I say let it fail. I don't buy the narrative says we should do that trial on a music month. It makes sense to me that we would learn all we can and then do it the month after. There is always a dead week before finals dang it ( <= works at a university)

-[X] Invest 8 GSS, also use 8 free YSS
-[X] Medium Pills (free)
-[X] Buy and use Unwavering Discipline Pill (30 SP) and Melodic Elixir (60 SP) (Total 90 SP)
-[X] EPC bonus XP into Physical
-[X] Physical Cultivation x2
-[X] EPC x4
-[X] FSS x4
-[X] FVM x2
-[X] HDW x3
-[X] SES x4
-[X] Challenge Research x1
-[X] New default Art loadout: de-equip AE, AM, AS, FZ, FSA; equip HDW, SES

-[X] Manipulation* 3, Presence* 3, Composure* 2 (16 points)
-[X] War 3, Perceptiveness** 3, Fortitude 1, Resilience* 3, Fade 2, Empathy* 3, Speech 3 (18 points)
-[X] Woodwind* 3 (6 points)

I don't know if this has already been pointed out or I'm misunderstanding something, but I just checked, and if we aren't learning EANP, then we don't need to drop AE or AC from our Art loadout. Dropping AM, AS, and FZ will get HDW4 and SES4, while having the spare Head meridian that HDW5 will take, even if SES5 will need another Spine meridian. In order to get EANP4 (with enough room for EANP5), you need to drop AE and AC in order to get enough Lung and Heart meridians.

EDIT: Re-checking the plans, AC isn't dropped, but FSA is? Why exactly? We aren't adding any Arm arts.

Last edited:
[X] Plan Music Month

I don't know if this has already been pointed out or I'm misunderstanding something, but I just checked, and if we aren't learning EANP, then we don't need to drop AE or AC from our Art loadout. Dropping AM, AS, and FZ will get HDW4 and SES4, while having the spare Head meridian that HDW5 will take, even if SES5 will need another Spine meridian. In order to get EANP4 (with enough room for EANP5), you need to drop AE and AC in order to get enough Lung and Heart meridians.

EDIT: Re-checking the plans, AC isn't dropped, but FSA is? Why exactly? We aren't adding any Arm arts.

AE needs to be dropped because FSS wants another Lung meridian. SES plans drop AS and FSA mostly because their bonuses dont really matter anymore (they are still at Yellow 3 potency)

If FVM failing stops us from doing Zeqing until month four, I say let it fail. I don't buy the narrative says we should do that trial on a music month. It makes sense to me that we would learn all we can and then do it the month after. There is always a dead week before finals dang it ( <= works at a university)
Some cruel universities just keep piling it on until finals week :mad:

Dead Week was a fanciful dream you could only imagine of while you finished your second book that week for your friday class the week before finals

Last edited:
AE needs to be dropped because FSS wants another Lung meridian. SES plans drop AS and FSA mostly because their bonuses dont really matter anymore (they are still at Yellow 3 potency)
AS is dropped because we need the spines for SES, AE is dropped because FSS gets a lung, and FSA is dropped because it does nothing for us at this point.

Last edited:
Back