Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
[X] 7 CP
[X] 30 Green Stones, 300 Yellow

Wanna try the max possible, but it seems peeps wanna be more cautious for the first try. Completely understandable, but a shame all the same.

So, huh.

Stealth: C (25/25) Max Advancement required (5 overflow)
-Specialty: Infiltration, Hiding, Sleight of Hand

Dodge: C (25/25)Max, Advancement required
We now have two major skills for Ling Qi being at a bottleneck. While it's possible that, say, getting SCS8 will unlock Stealth by itself, or that stealth is going to be rather easy to unlock because we have specialities there (what do specialities even do now @yrsillar?) , we probably should be trying to think of ways we could reach B.

A stealth challenge, for example, could be a possibility. Likewise a challenge that focus on dodging. Another possibility would be a major tutoring action, or a Bonding event that focus on either of those. Anyone else has any other ideas?

It is a wonderful opportunity to piss off an opponent who has similar overlapping specialties with us. Both would be fighting on a position of strength, and said senior (if we win) might just challenge again to see if her other specialty us better than ours.

On our bottleneck, we could go for another exploration gig. Or hopefully have a breakthrough during the challenge.

Last edited:
So, huh.

We now have two major skills for Ling Qi being at a bottleneck. While it's possible that, say, getting SCS8 will unlock Stealth by itself, or that stealth is going to be rather easy to unlock because we have specialities there (what do specialities even do now @yrsillar?) , we probably should be trying to think of ways we could reach B.

A stealth challenge, for example, could be a possibility. Likewise a challenge that focus on dodging. Another possibility would be a major tutoring action, or a Bonding event that focus on either of those. Anyone else has any other ideas?
Tutoring would be the obvious way, yeah.

Dodge though is a bit tricky in that our obvious path right now is dance style, but our dance really needs to be higher level there.

Hmm, maybe though the dance merge or something would be better left to S rank though, and right now we pick up fading shadow style or something? Dunno. Tutoring is probably the best thing to look into though, and I feel we should get dance tutoring sometime anyway.

(let's find a nice moon spirit friend to dance with!)

Man I've already given up on Sixiang when they never ever danced with us again when they had a body :(
to be fair, we were dealing with Bai drama at the time. Cant blame Sixiang when we were too busy to even follow up except when the deadline came up.

We should have chosen the moth. Mothra would have been amazing for our Moon combo.

Actually, what does infiltration mean? Is it, like, splinter cell type or more social "pretend to be a little girl and walk through the front gates" thing?
Sneaking into places I assume. We picked it up after the Sun Liling fortress excursion I believe?

Tbh, after the skill merging those specialities should probably be changed anyway. We should have sneaking and larceny specialities or something.

[X] 6 CP
[X] 30 Green Stones, 300 Yellow

Nice update. Hanyi continues to be adorable, and I am excited to see the new techniques in action once we get there.

Sneaking into places I assume. We picked it up after the Sun Liling fortress excursion I believe?

Tbh, after the skill merging those specialities should probably be changed anyway. We should have sneaking and larceny specialities or something.
sneaking into something you say

if only there was a standing invitation to infiltrate some kind of defensible building as extended to us by an individual who may or may not be someone whom we wish to build up greater relations with or something

Both apply I think. But Ling Qi isn't exactly good at the disguises and bluff
er

thats literally how she completed the second part of Zhou's test and something she leaned on repeatedly in the Outer Sect when gathering information

Last edited:
er

thats literally how she completed the second part of Zhou's test and something she leaned on repeatedly in the Outer Sect when gathering information

Yes pre truce. However by the time it came to infiltrating the fort she decided against trying to sneak in with a disguise because she no longer had faith in that ability. We don't really have arts that focus on changing our form. We can hide in a shadow but we won't really be able to convince someone we are someone else if they have any amount of perception.

Yeah, I'm thinking next month should be Xuan Shi and Li Suyin events. We're not on the hook to do any exploration, since it's a consolidation month--and we're securely in the top of the First Mountain's reward bracket (At least for that month), so that's a great time for Character Development Arcs to hit.

Yeah, I'm thinking next month should be Xuan Shi and Li Suyin events. We're not on the hook to do any exploration, since it's a consolidation month--and we're securely in the top of the First Mountain's reward bracket (At least for that month), so that's a great time for Character Development Arcs to hit.

????

Social votes are divorced from plan votes; so exploration has nothing to do with character development arcs? And searching for a base cultivation site is still a good idea?

Like as far as I see, 8 base cultivation AP, 4 EPC, 3 FVM, 1 FSS with the physical cultivation pill leaves Ling Qi with bronze appraisal, capping FVM, EPC and in a postion to cap FSS the following month (with bonus 4 floating AP).

sneaking into something you say

if only there was a standing invitation to infiltrate some kind of defensible building as extended to us by an individual who may or may not be someone whom we wish to build up greater relations with or something

er

The issue is that mechanically we don't want a derived stealth B skill that doesn't work in combat, and narratively/logically there's kind of a lot of overlap between "sneak into this place" and "avoid detection by this opponent", so a derived skill that gives us one without the other would be unsatisfactory.

Things like Larceny and Disguise do seem distinct enough to qualify for their own skills, but even then something like the temple and its traps could theoretically challenge both "bypass formations" and "avoid detection" kinds of stealth.

Back