Threads Of Destiny(Eastern Fantasy, Sequel to Forge of Destiny)

Voted best in category in the Users' Choice awards.
you know what this arc is telling me?
This is telling me lanlan will *definitely* throw herself at a tribulation if she has the chance. the desert is basically perfect for it

I'm real mad we haven't talked to her yet ugh. xP

Inserted tally
Adhoc vote count started by TimEd on Dec 4, 2019 at 8:11 PM, finished with 255 posts and 119 votes.

I just had the oddest day dream that ling qi was a fighter pilot and was getting called out for her maverick plane wrecking stunts that while yes saved the team in an awesome display of fire and explosions but seriously it totally made them really worried and they are still worried after they fished her out of thw sea yet again.

Ling qi as Pilot
Zheng gui as bros in a double seater bomber...thing
Hanyi as the rookie winggirl
Sixiang as mission control/radar plane person
Xiulan as experimental uber prototype lazer jet pilot .
Yanmei as a goddam gundam pilot

Rest idk

...yeah

I do feel that the meaning of this vote is less "The author/narrative will not allow certain choices from being picked" and more "The choice of picking self-sacrifice will be there, but the author/narrative will be ready to punish us for picking such choice and breaking our promise."

It feels like it's us, the players, who are promising not to play Ling Qi in such risky way, and it will be us who suffer the consequences if we don't keep the promise in mind while picking which things we vote for. Luckily, this quest has a large playerbase, and that means that one or two voters in the mood for suddenly going crazy won't be enough to steer the votes in an unfavorable direction, for the lulz- In quests where there is less voter base, this kind of situation seems more frequent.

The moratorium also helps make sure the votes are properly reasoned. If there is the slightest chance that a certain vote counts as 'breaking the promise', it will be over-analyzed and exposed out before the moratorium ends, so accidents won't be made. The only way we will break the promise will be if we do so purposefully. Either out of spite (very unlikely) or because it is the only viable choice and we feel like the alternative is even worse (the much more likely choice, considering how decisive votes have taken palce so far in this quest, particularly during the War against Barbarians arc that took place recently).

Also, I liked the commission sidestory. Did I read it wrong, or is there a chance that more episodes detailing a continuation of this cultivator in the desert, will lbe published from time to time? It is a side-story, not an omake/interlude, after all. It makes me wonder if we'll evn have a chance to control a second protagonist simultaneously to our actions voting for Ling Qi.

I just had the oddest day dream that ling qi was a fighter pilot and was getting called out for her maverick plane wrecking stunts that while yes saved the team in an awesome display of fire and explosions but seriously it totally made them really worried and they are still worried after they fished her out of thw sea yet again.

Ling qi as Pilot

Rest idk

...yeah
Ace Combat: Threads of Destiny

Does that make Xiulan our Yellow 13 if Ling Qi is Mobius 1?

I do feel that the meaning of this vote is less "The author/narrative will not allow certain choices from being picked" and more "The choice of picking self-sacrifice will be there, but the author/narrative will be ready to punish us for picking such choice and breaking our promise."

It feels like it's us, the players, who are promising not to play Ling Qi in such risky way, and it will be us who suffer the consequences if we don't keep the promise in mind while picking which things we vote for. Luckily, this quest has a large playerbase, and that means that one or two voters in the mood for suddenly going crazy won't be enough to steer the votes in an unfavorable direction, for the lulz- In quests where there is less voter base, this kind of situation seems more frequent.

The moratorium also helps make sure the votes are properly reasoned. If there is the slightest chance that a certain vote counts as 'breaking the promise', it will be over-analyzed and exposed out before the moratorium ends, so accidents won't be made. The only way we will break the promise will be if we do so purposefully. Either out of spite (very unlikely) or because it is the only viable choice and we feel like the alternative is even worse (the much more likely choice, considering how decisive votes have taken palce so far in this quest, particularly during the War against Barbarians arc that took place recently).

Also, I liked the commission sidestory. Did I read it wrong, or is there a chance that more episodes detailing a continuation of this cultivator in the desert, will lbe published from time to time? It is a side-story, not an omake/interlude, after all. It makes me wonder if we'll evn have a chance to control a second protagonist simultaneously to our actions voting for Ling Qi.
Nope there's second part the ASA commission and that's it. :p

Ling qi as Pilot

Rest idk

...yeah
Hrrm...Gan Guangli as some sort of infantry commander-type...
Sun Liling as a rival pilot
Bai Meizen as mentor pilot ace...
It's a good thing I don't really into military stories because I'd be highly tempted to attempt to omake that.

Hmm. Previously, general consensus was finding food for Zhengui in Golden Fields would have bee n a real challenge. Looking at actual descriptions of the land now though, I'm not so sure it's not a nourishing environment for the boy.

Well, it makes sense that a giant turtle is slow on the ground, but he's descended from cloud tribe spirits, so maybe one day he'll learn to fly? :V
We still don't know what the deal with Kohatu and Zhengui's dad's human counterpoint was. Poppa tortoise is a species native to the north end of the empire, the opposite side from us. Not a flying critter either. Kohatu is an unknown, but isn't obviously of the airborne persuasion. Cloud Nomad doesn't strike me as likely, but I guess I can't really rule it out.

Now that we got a glimpse of what's happening over at Golden Fields, I wonder how well Ling Qi would do there. Could the Arts we inherited from Zheqing put an End to the undead? The zombies being attracted by Qi ain't exactly a issue since they'll just be Qi Batteries for us.

The zombies being attracted by Qi ain't exactly a issue since they'll just be Qi Batteries for us.
Depends really. The ambient qi there seems to be harmful even to Cultivators, so drain abilities might not work as intended there either due to the ambient qi, or whatever qi is in the zombies.

And there doesnt seem to be any cores to harvest so as agreed before, feeding Zhengui is gonna become a real pain.

Would be interesting to see though if Ling Qi's skills are more effective at night where the zombies are more active, or at the day where the hazardous qi is strongest. Would the ambient qi work like radiation and act as a constant dispel which happens throughout the day and night? Would our End and Ice cost more than usual? And would both be more effective against the enemies there?

So many questions which are hopefully answered in the part 2

[] She promised, even if it was hard. (Ling Qi will avoid tactics which leave out or separate her from her spirits and deliberate self sacrifice outside of actual necessity. Affects Zhengui's development.)

There's a further implication to this nobody's talked about, though it does reach past the strict context of the request. It was very clearly made with life or death, or potentially so, combat situations in mind, but those are not the only difficult situations Ling Qi is obligated to face.

Clearly we should, in the true spirit of the promise, commit to sharing the burden of social engagements with all of our spirits. It's only right to support Hanyi and Zhengui's development into the social arenas, as full members of our Family. They even have some advantages, mostly in the personality department. Ling Qi can be evasive and noncommittal, not unreasonably, but to really match other cultivators you sometimes need to commit to a more lively persona. Spirits are naturally inclined to embodying their truer selves in this regard.

I am one hundred percent onboard with any suggestion that Ling Qi bring Zhengui and Hanyi with her to every social event she attends.
What? Your venue is not spacious enough for Zhengui? Well it's about to be.

but to really match other cultivators you sometimes need to commit to a more lively persona.
You are technically correct, but I feel it best to instead have Ling Qi connect to those who are already naturally inclined to interact with her nature and how she acts. Its why we get along with Meizhen and Xuilan after all. They arent what you would call typical 'court personalities'.

And as a side benefit, those who are 'lively', are typically more able to brave Renxiang's serious demeanor. After all, they are the ones mpre likely to fit in a 'court setting'. Ling Qi though, can approach those on the fringes and do what she does best on them.

Its just more efficient (and thematic) this way.

Last edited:
The best answer, clearly, is to have Zhengui grow large enough to invite people to parties on his shell! Nothing can go wrong with this idea!

Back