It might also be a good idea to research hammerspace too, either now or next turn. A really good idea. That might solve all energy related problems for our future projects. Especially those involving conventionals.
swap out flight then?

Edit: or maybe the mini reactors?

[X] Plan Build Gundams & Forcefields

Decided to go with this, because Breachgates plus hammerspace equals hilarious bullshit. I do have my reservations though. Mostly with increasing the range of the railgun even further when the real problem with it is getting it to do any amount of damage to the Kaiju.

Dividing Driver?

...say, what would be the result if we forcefully opened a short-lived Breach inside the Kaiju? And by short, I mean in a scale of seconds, tops.

The Fragslicer would always be more effective, but my mind entertains the idea of blowing/turn in a Kaiju inside out.

Last edited:
Just got back into this thread, and now that I've confirmed that the vote hasn't been locked in yet, I'm going to go back and look at plan discussion and see if I'm going to vote for an existing plan or put forward one of my own.

Assuming Fyrstorm doesn't lock the vote in before I finish...

[X] Plan Giant Robot Wizards
-[X] Research Tacit Ronin-Scale Fragmentation Slicer Fangblade design (Free Jaeger Research 1)
-[X] Upgrade Jagdhund Agility*20 (Free Jaeger Research 2)
-[X] Research 'Breachgate', with emphasis on effective radiation shielding (Free Breach Research) (SAFE RESEARCH MODE!)
-[X] Contact Medford, Inquire about the possibility of using them as a stopping point on a mission to reach the lower regions of California (including Oblivion Bay and the rumored California holdout city); Offer to give them conventional forces to help defend themselves; inform them about KRAUN and offer to share the ANGEL-net technology with them if KRAUN approves as much. (Free Comms Action)
-[X] Recycle 8*Solid Iron plating and 1*Steel plating (Free J-Recycling)
-[X] Build 2*Resupply Squads, 1*Condor Squadron, 2*Banshee Helicopter Squadron (Free Conventional Construction)
-[X] Research 'Wizards Academy' (Attempt to establish a dedicated 'science' branch - akin to our J-Tech research division - outfitted for the research of actual 'Magic' Magic)
-[X] Build ANGEL-Net Transmitter (-2000 Resources)
-[X] Research 'Breach Buster' Anti-Breach device
-[X] Research Armadillo-Class Mobile Shield Generator (Research a conventional-scale military support unit designed exclusively for the purpose of generating and projecting a defensive barrier shield)
-[X] Research Breach Storage (W/Ascalon Token) (SAFE RESEARCH MODE!)
-[X] Research J-Scale Flight Tech
-[X] Research Barrier Shield Overload Failsafes
-[X] Research further refinement to Helios Heavy Fusion Stellarator for less expensive design.
-[X] Research further refinement to Helios Heavy Fusion Stellarator with focus on ironing out the weaknesses (especially the shielding issue).
-[X] Upgrade Research to 10 (-9500 Resources)

(11500 R Spent, 33078 R Remain)

I'm open to thought/suggestions/critiques if anyone wants to offer them.

Last edited:
We've officially gone Super Robot in this. Sky's the limit now Tacit. (And to think for a while I was going to just ignore Tacit's adventures. o.o I would've NEVER wanted to miss this.)

Guess I should actually participate more directly if I want to come out of lurk more often like this.

I think at least part of it (for me, at least) is a holdover from the days of Cherno Quest when they realized that when they could research "anything", that "anything" included 'Magic', but then the majority said 'no, that's stupid'; we're now getting to respond by saying "No, no it is not stupid; it's amazing and hilarious."
Also the fact that we actually succeeded on a Magic research action, even if it wasn't Actual Magic.

-[X] Research further refinement to Helios Heavy Fusion Stellarator for less expensive design.
-[X] Research further refinement to Helios Heavy Fusion Stellarator with focus on ironing out the weaknesses (shielding especially) and making it compatible with lower-MK Jaegers in addition to MK IV Jaegers.
Pick one, mate. Focus on one result and we'll get better results.

-[X] Research further refinement to Helios Heavy Fusion Stellarator with focus on ironing out the weaknesses (shielding especially) and making it compatible with lower-MK Jaegers in addition to MK IV Jaegers.
I'm with Lost on this one. I'd go for the second one, since that probably leads to ultracompact fusion reactors that we can use for stuff.

I'm with Lost on this one. I'd go for the second one, since that probably leads to ultracompact fusion reactors that we can use for stuff.
The second one is worse than the first actually, because it's trying to do two things in one research action.
Pick one thing to focus on with research, not three different things.

Pick one, mate. Focus on one result and we'll get better results.

The second one is worse than the first actually, because it's trying to do two things in one research action.
Pick one thing to focus on with research, not three different things.

The idea is to spend two actions to focus on them so we don't have to pick one or the other.

One action is dedicated to decreasing the cost, the other action is dedicated to improving the design. I imagine it's akin to assigning two research teams to the reactor, with one team focusing on one design goal and the other team focusing on the other design goal; they'll meet up to share notes and ensure they're on the same page, but with two teams working the problem, each will be able to focus on fixing their particular goal, negating the 'trying to fix too many things at once' problem.

Or, alternatively, we get one die roll for cost, another die roll for design improvement.

I don't see how it's any different than if we spent one week assigning an action to cost and then the next week assigned an action to improving the design, except we're moving the action from the second week to a second spot in the first week instead.

Last edited:
The idea is to spend two actions to focus on them so we don't have to pick one or the other.

One action is dedicated to decreasing the cost, the other action is dedicated to improving the design. I imagine it's akin to assigning two research teams to the reactor, with one team focusing on one design goal and the other team focusing on the other design goal; they'll meet up to share notes and ensure they're on the same page, but with two teams working the problem, each will be able to focus on fixing their particular goal, negating the 'trying to fix too many things at once' problem.

Or, alternatively, we get one die roll for cost, another die roll for design improvement.

I don't see how it's any different than if we spent one week assigning an action to cost and then the next week assigned an action to improving the design, except we're moving the action from the second week to a second spot in the first week instead.
The "multiple teams" logic makes sense, but doesn't actually resolve the issue in the second post of mine you quoted. Reduced cost, better shielding, and backwards compatibility are all different improvements. Any one of those is a single research action in its own right. What you're trying to do is do 3 different jobs with only two people.

Obviously, I'm gonna wait a bit longer until everything's ironed out. In the meantime, I'll be writing up more kaiju.

Back