Bonus Chapter: Beck(ett) in Business (Part 1/???)
Beck(ett) in Business
Part 1/???

Raleigh Beckett had had a rough, and pretty weird year after the walls fell. He'd seen kaiju from the perspective of people, traveled from Nome to Anchorage after the Wall fell, and generally been through some rough patches. However, this took the cake for unexpected.

"--and this is the shatterdome," his redheaded guide explained, as they walked up to the massive complex. Miss Langley-- or Ashley, as everyone called her-- was certainly one of the more unorthodox Rangers he'd run into, though she seemed to know what she was doing. Raleigh was glad at least someone here did-- knowing that the place and organisation that'd just taken you up had people with good heads on their shoulders was pretty reassuring.

"Didn't think Seattle of all cities had a Shatterdome," he commented, following her.

"It didn't," Ashley replied. "More than half the city was rebuilt; we just threw in one of these things so we'd have a place to put the jaegers." Raleigh frowned.

"Sorry, miss-- Ashley," he interjected. "But what jaegers? I was under the impression that part of the reason everything's so hellish was because all the jaegers were put out commission-- or at least part of the reason." Ashley glanced back at him.

"You'll see," she answered, grinning.

They stepped through the door, and into the massive interior of the Shatterdome.

"Mister Beckett, I'd like you to meet the new, and very much improved, Tacit Ronin."

[---]

AU where you guys actually send people to Anchorage and end up dragging Raleigh back into this madness. I may decide to continue it-- even if you actually go and do so.

Hey, he doesn't
have to jockey necessarily-- keep in mind that teachers for Rangers are in pretty high demand as well.

Wait, Beckett was in Anchorage all this time? Or is this only in this AU?
Well, whatever. I can't wait to see his reaction to all the shit we have researched.

Wait, Beckett was in Anchorage all this time? Or is this only in this AU?
Well, whatever. I can't wait to see his reaction to all the shit we have researched.
In 2025 (canon), he was in Nome. Since Gipsy was never recovered here (vTW canon), he was still in Nome. He only headed back to Anchorage when the kaiju hit (mainly because he knows that the Shatterdome's one of the sturdiest places to be). However, he arrived after Tacit was reactivated.

In general, expect that stuff like this is happening in the TRvTW timeline, or an offshoot of it. So yes, Raleigh is alive in this game (and possibly in Anchorage. You'll have to check).

In 2025 (canon), he was in Nome. Since Gipsy was never recovered here (vTW canon), he was still in Nome. He only headed back to Anchorage when the kaiju hit (mainly because he knows that the Shatterdome's one of the sturdiest places to be). However, he arrived after Tacit was reactivated.

In general, expect that stuff like this is happening in the TRvTW timeline, or an offshoot of it. So yes, Raleigh is alive in this game (and possibly in Anchorage. You'll have to check).
Neat. We could start making preparations for that trip next turn. It's not like we don't have a lot of things we're itching to use that free Comms roll on.

[X] Jagdhund fires a burst at Danslief.
[X] Tacit moves into range and fires all lasers.
[X] Hellhounds move forward and scatter
[X]Scouts and Banshes move up until they are 10 units away from Danslief, spread out to avoid fire.
-[X] Scouts use ARGES on Danslief, Banshees attack with micro vulcans.
2x 1d10+4 for Burst Shot (hits on 6s)
8x 1d10+1 for raiser beamu (hits on 9s)
1d10 for Elite Arges (hits on 5s)
5x 1d10 for Arges (hits on 6s)
7x 1d10(+Arges) for mini raisers (hits on 5s)

What's our IC reason to do so?
Tacit's character sheet said:
Motivation: Because Why the Hell Not?

What's our IC reason to do so?

If I'm remembering correctly, there was talk about taking another look back at Alaska anyway even before this was brought up. If the bit about contacting Medford hadn't already been well on the table by the time I got around to getting my plan in this past downtime, I probably would have gone with 'take another look at Alaska' for our free comm action instead anyhow.

Okay, time to roll for choppers.

EDIT: Okay, ARGES maxed out.

EDIT 2: 6 hits, not bad. locs are: 6, 14, 14, 15, 10, 7
ltmauve threw 1 10-faced dice. Reason: Elite Arges Total: 7
7 7
ltmauve threw 5 10-faced dice. Reason: Crunchy Arges Total: 22
5 5 3 3 3 3 8 8 3 3
ltmauve threw 7 10-faced dice. Reason: Banshee rasier beamu Total: 43
2 2 8 8 4 4 9 9 5 5 8 8 7 7
ltmauve threw 12 10-faced dice. Reason: Banshee hit locs Total: 66
5 5 1 1 4 4 10 10 10 10 4 4 8 8 7 7 5 5 5 5 6 6 1 1

Last edited:
[X] Jagdhund fires a burst at Danslief.
[X] Tacit moves into range and fires all lasers.
[X] Hellhounds move forward and scatter
[X]Scouts and Banshees move up until they are 10 units away from Danslief, spread out to avoid fire.
-[X] Scouts use ARGES on Danslief, Banshees attack with micro vulcans.
2 Arges hits!

As the air force swoops in, numerous lasers train themselves on Danslief-- first the targeting lasers of the scouts, and then the high-intensity, white-red beams of the Banshees. Beams slash across the kaiju's body, charring the monster's hide-- but little else.

Danslief takes 3 Strikes!

At this, Tacit Ronin runs forwards, laser emitters exposing themselves on the sides of its chest. Jagdhund raises her gun, preparing to open fire--

And then Danslief's body flashes blue. The spray of shells bounce away before they hit, while the laser beams simply splash off an invisible sphere meters away. An electrical crackle surrounds the kaiju, before a transparent globe of electricity appears around it, and shatters, leaving Danslief completely unharmed.

Electromagnetic Barrier Deployed! No damage! Electromagnetic Barrier Disrupted!
Laser fuses burn out! Maximum attack dice reduced to 6x 1d10 for remainder of battle!*

The kaiju glares, and raises a hand. Before the aircraft can move out of the way, the cannon in the palm of its hand flashes.

Laser Vulcans: 2#1d10+3: 5 13

2 Banshee squadrons destroyed!

The first squadron detonates in a burst of fire, before the beams spear through the expanding fireball, and tear a second squadron to shreds. Flickering like candles, the crumpled wrecks of the aircraft crash to the ground.

Danslief is 13/22/10/14/30/49 from Tacit/Jagd/air force/hellhounds/land crunchies/DP.

*Again, energy weapons can't 'run out of ammo'. This is just how I write their equivalent.

[X] Tacit moves four units closer and fires all lasers again, Jagdhund fires another burst, scouts try for another Arges lock and the other helos fires their Hellfires.

This brings Tacit into automatically succesful charging distance, and the Hellfires are more damaging than the lasers.

[X] Tacit moves four units closer and fires all lasers again, Jagdhund fires another burst, scouts try for another Arges lock and the other helos fires their Hellfires.

FFS they stole our Laser Vulcan design and made it into a Repulsor Beam! :rage::rage::mad::mad::mob::mob:

FFS they stole our Laser Vulcan design and made it into a Repulsor Beam! :rage::rage::mad::mad::mob::mob:
Eh, not really. Ascalon also had Beam Hands, but he never really used them because it was too busy swording things like a pro. And it was more of a plasma weapon than a laser. Danslief probably has something similar.

But now I kinda want to take Danny's corpse and use it to make a Buster Rifle for Jagdhund.

Last edited:

...said the kaiju masters.

Eh, not really. Ascalon also had Beam Hands, but he never really used them because it was too busy swording things like a pro. And it was more of a plasma weapon than a laser. Danslief probably has something similar.

But now I kinda want to take Danny's corpse and use it to make a Buster Rifle for Jagdhund.
Ascalon actually had two ranged weapons; the Laser Vulcans, which it used to murder your infantry, and its Plasma Heart Beam, which nearly Disabled Jagdhund's legs.

Dan, as it seems, has more ranged stuff. He's got the Vulcans (perfect for murdering conventionals), a glowy aperture in his chest that hasn't done anything yet, and the awesome Danslief Rifle on his tail.

You could probably do that. A plasma beam cannon could be useful for either Jagdhund or Flauros Revolver Shogun, and you do have enough strength to mount one more weapon on the wife.

1d10 for elite arges (hits on 5s)
5x 1d10 for arges (hits on 6s)
5x 1d10 (+arges) for banshee hellfire (hits on 5s)
6x 1d10 (+arges) for hellhound hellfire (hits on 5s)
2x 1d10+4 for Jagdhund burst (hits on 6s)
6x 1d10+1 for beamu part 2 (hits on 7s)
And hit locs.

I'll roll Jaghund burst

Because why not CX
Ψυχή threw 2 10-faced dice. Reason: 2x 1d10+4 Total: 14
4 4 10 10
Ψυχή threw 4 10-faced dice. Reason: Hit Locs Total: 23
5 5 6 6 2 2 10 10

6x 1d10+1 for beamu part 2 (hits on 7s)
And hit locs.
BEAMU!
EDIT: Uh.....Hit Locs now, I guess.
EDIT 2: 2 hits, by my count, so 2 sets of 2 hit loc rolls.
KnightDisciple threw 8 10-faced dice. Reason: 1d10+1 BEAMU PART 2 Total: 45
3 3 10 10 10 10 4 4 8 8 5 5 4 4 1 1
KnightDisciple threw 4 10-faced dice. Reason: Hit Locations! Total: 19
4 4 3 3 7 7 5 5

Last edited:
Well, I don't see anyone else rolling, so...

EDIT: Someone want to roll for hellfires or am I finishing us out? CX
Ψυχή threw 6 10-faced dice. Reason: Arges (Elite, 5x Reg) Total: 34
7 7 1 1 10 10 4 4 2 2 10 10

Last edited:
5x 1d10 (+arges) for banshee hellfire (hits on 5s)
6x 1d10 (+arges) for hellhound hellfire (hits on 5s)
I'll roll these.

Edit: accidentally rolled an extra banshee because of the damn touchscreen, but that little mistake aside, that's ten hits out of eleven shots. A good showing, I'd say.
Highwind threw 6 10-faced dice. Reason: Banshees screaming fire Total: 36
7 7 8 8 5 5 4 4 10 10 2 2
Highwind threw 10 10-faced dice. Reason: Banshees hit... Total: 53
8 8 7 7 2 2 6 6 3 3 6 6 4 4 1 1 6 6 10 10
Highwind threw 6 10-faced dice. Reason: Hellhounds on pursuit Total: 38
8 8 7 7 6 6 6 6 2 2 9 9
Highwind threw 10 10-faced dice. Reason: The Hellhounds catch... Total: 45
2 2 3 3 1 1 2 2 4 4 7 7 10 10 4 4 4 4 8 8

Last edited:
Back